PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
toxincram

toxincram's Gamercard
Lightbulb Horde Bosses

Anyone want to share how you kill each BOSS type on Horde? There was one last night (on level 20) which we could just not figure out how to kill (only 2 of us left the others left) :-( we did eventually get a BOSS that we did know how to kill !

I will start i know this has already been mentioned but is it worth trying to keep them all in one thread?

Berserker - Burn them till they glow then let rip with bullets.
toxincram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
ademlakey

blue hanzo's Gamercard
Brumak: Shoot both guns of the brumaks wrists then target the main cannon above its head.

Lambent Bezerker: Target the bezerkers chest while it is charging, also its chest remains open for a few seconds when it has finihsed its charge attack.

Last edited by ademlakey; 09-21-2011 at 11:56 AM.
ademlakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
Taylorboy

Send a message via MSN to Taylorboy

ProfessorBadger's Gamercard
Not really a boss, but the armoured kantus. Any ideas ?
Shooting at them normally didn't seem to do much neither did explosives :P.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
We had a pretty good Horde team going until wave 28 when the armoured Kantus' came and we just kept getting beat down by them until only 2 of us were left. I find the problem is getting enough explosive weapons to kill them with when you've got no money and they can kill you so fast when they're in groups.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorboy View Post

Grenade tagging is the fastest way to kill them...
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
toxincram

toxincram's Gamercard
Anymore to add to this list??? Surlet people must of encounter more BOSSES by now! Sadly i have not been able to get on tonight. Will update this myself as soon as i can but feel free to add yourself :-)
toxincram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
Doganator

Doganator's Gamercard
i went against a "grunker" i think they're called, mortar firing creature, basically just shoot them and mortars or boom shot work well also, another one is reavers but they're easy to kill

Text
Doganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #8
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R's Gamercard

so far i have only seen corpsers and the brumack. everytime i reach wave 20 everyone quits. me and a mate managed it with two of us earlier but then called it a night.
AVP

Arcade Games Boosting
splosion man
metal slug 3 & dx
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
Barrowland

BARROWLAND's Gamercard
So far iv went up against lambent berzerkers. Just let tthem charge u and their chest opens up. That's the only way to hurt them. Also a brumak. Just do wat the post above says and iv also went up against reavers. Or is it reapers? Either way just go for the driver and passenger. Makes it very easy. Pro tip. Turrets are friends. Same goes for mulchers and boomshots. Try and keep them for the boss last.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:56 AM   #10
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doganator View Post
i went against a "grunker" i think they're called, mortar firing creature, basically just shoot them and mortars or boom shot work well also, another one is reavers but they're easy to kill
Wait, hold on a minute. Are you just saying this, or is there no "sweet spot" to down them? I ask because I'm not a hardcore GoW player or a vet, so I'm clueless about most of the enemies. These guys are particularly annoying on the campaign as the only way I've been dealing with them is just emptying clip after clip. Is there a specific area I should be shooting?

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #11
frazyah

frazyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
They should have a glowing underbelly if they are looking away from you. At least they do in campaign. Saves loads of bullets. That's for reavers, anyway. Gunkers have a small yellow spot on the stomach that works pretty well.
Tomb Raider
Battlefield 3

Working on:
Everything that isn't complete yet!
Not saying I'll get to 100%, but I'm gonna get close.

Send me a message and I'll help you with anything I can!

Last edited by frazyah; 09-22-2011 at 03:49 AM. Reason: clarification
frazyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:16 AM   #12
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Brumack: Doesn't matter, just shoot it, I think the tanks on its back is a weak spot though
Berserker: Burn then shoot
Lambent Berserker: Wait until it runs, when it does a yellow spot will open on its gut, shoot that. The spot may also open when its attacking, but usually only when its running
Armoured Kantus: Wait until it screams, then shoot its mouth (it glows)... pretty sure grenades work too
Big Grunkers: Just keep shooting, no weak spot that I could tell. Just don't let them get close to you
Reaver: Shoot them :P
Corpser: Not sure, pretty sure you just need to shoot it... we ended up getting killed by it and didn't see it again

And I think thats all i've seen so far

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:18 AM   #13
ZEX NITROUS

Played my first Horde game today with random ppl on the map OVERPASS and we got to lvl 40 and only reason we stopped there was because one guy got lagged out and the other 3 kept dieing and quite, BASTARDS. In my opinion, the only hard boss is the lambent berzerker. Just shoot at the chest as much as possible, also hammer of dawn seems to work well on him. Another thing I did is, i used a flamethrower on him while the other guys shot him with turrets and lancers. Thats another thing, get a lot of turrets, if you're playing OVERPASS go to the top and set up your stuff, overpass is the best map for horde. Like i said, could of easily gotten to lvl 50 but thats what you get when playing with random ppl. You never know when someones going to quite.

ZEX NITROUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 AM   #14
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Brumak - Try to aim and fire at its face or the tanks on its back; seems to do the most damage.

Berserker - Light on fire with Scorcher then proceed to deliver bullets or shotgun shells into it.

Lambent Berserker - Find a spot where they can't jump over and shoot at their heart when their rib cage opens up.

Grunker - Torque Bow headshots seem to do a lot of damage towards them. Any gun with explosive damage should do the trick; just make sure you have lots of ammunition and that you aren't standing in the same spot for too long. They have a deadly range attack (don't get too close either).

Corpser - Keep shooting them until they die. Simple as that. Don't let them get too close and don't shoot when they raise their legs to protect themselves.

I've yet to face a boss wave that features Reavers or Armored Kantus'.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:38 AM   #15
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
I've yet to face a boss wave that features Reavers or Armored Kantus'.

Had both on Overpass, the reavers are seriously too easy, especially if you have a turret set up The armoured kantus' show up in the later levels, but they aren't actually bosses... just really tough to kill :P

Old 09-22-2011, 05:42 AM   #16
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENAz666 View Post
Had both on Overpass, the reavers are seriously too easy, especially if you have a turret set up The armoured kantus' show up in the later levels, but they aren't actually bosses... just really tough to kill :P
That's why the Kantus' take forever to die. It sounded to be a boss when you typed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENAz666 View Post
Armoured Kantus: Wait until it screams, then shoot its mouth (it glows)... pretty sure grenades work too
When you mentioned it with the other actual bosses.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #17
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Quote:
That's why the Kantus' take forever to die. It sounded to be a boss when you typed this:

When you mentioned it with the other actual bosses.
haha yeah true, someone mentioned them above, so I thought i'd point out there weak point... as they are just as hard as a boss... actually probably harder then a reaver lol

Old 09-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #18
41inuyasha

XD41INUYASHA's Gamercard
Quote:
Ya stick them with a grenade. If you throw one it wont do anything. But it you tag them then they will die in one try.
41inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #19
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41inuyasha View Post
Ya stick them with a grenade. If you throw one it wont do anything. But it you tag them then they will die in one try.
This, or 2 torque bow hits (on normal)
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #20
Cyclone Jack

Cyclone Jack's Gamercard
Fastest way to take down an Armored Kantus is a Torque in the mouth when they are doing their heal/scream, or grenade tagging. Boomshots will do a lot of damage as well.

Brumak is pretty easy, as long as you avoid the attacks. If a few people are dead, take out the guns on the arms to make it more manageable, then split up and find good cover from the rockets. He usually follows one person, allowing others to finish him off from relative safety. If the rest of the team is dead, just take your time and get a few shots off between rocket volleys, and have your team spot weapons when you eventually run out of ammo.
Cyclone Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #21
nfntjy

nfn nifty's Gamercard
[possible mild campaign spoiler?]

in campaign, when you see armored kantus for the first time, there is some dialogue about how they are weak to explosives, so use toreque bow, boomshot, grenades, etc. the scorcher also works on them.
nfntjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #22
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Thanks for all the tips, we played up to level/wave 20 4 or 5 times last night and the Berserker's always seemed to kick our tails. Maybe now we can move on forward. Thanks again.
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #23
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
Best way to take care of a Brumak is a turret. Have one in a good location and let it rip. Of course it'll probably take more then one clip to kill it so when the turret empties use whatever else you have.

Lambent Beserkers are ass. Worst idea Epic has had so far IMO. Wayyyyy too hard to kill. Basically ruins the mode if one shows up because it takes like 20 minutes to kill it, if you can kill it.

Do Gunkers actually show up as bosses? I hope not. They were annoying as hell in the campaign. Seems like no matter where you stand you'll either get hit by the mortar thing or he'll punch you.

I like Horde 2.0 but I hate the Boss Waves. I wish there was a way to maybe turn them off, like a Mutator or something. Even if you got less XP for it it'd be alright.

CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #24
XxStuartxX 1990

iRenegadeknight's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownlessKing View Post
Do Gunkers actually show up as bosses? I hope not. They were annoying as hell in the campaign. Seems like no matter where you stand you'll either get hit by the mortar thing or he'll punch you.

Sadly yes when you get them about 5 come at you.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #25
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Grunker - Torque Bow headshots seem to do a lot of damage towards them. Any gun with explosive damage should do the trick; just make sure you have lots of ammunition and that you aren't standing in the same spot for too long. They have a deadly range attack (don't get too close either).
Thanks for clearing this up, I was really interested in this info. However, your essentially saying they really have no weak area, but if you had wager a guess the head would be the place to aim? So basically just unload into them and the more explosive the ordnance the better?

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #26
Roman672

Roman672's Gamercard
Quote:
You can either tag them with the nade...or, if you like to be skillfull, wait until they scream and put a torque bow round right in their mouth and that'll do it too....lol.
Roman672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #27
sirnerd84

Send a message via AIM to sirnerd84

sirnerd84's Gamercard
Tagging the armored Kantus seems to always be the easiest for me. You just have to catch them after a roll.

Completed Retail:
Completed Arcade: 12
sirnerd84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #28
Hitman2169

Yaal21Kand's Gamercard
Armored kantus is definitely not a boss because they show up on any wave. Also the quickest way to kill a brumak is to shoot the tanks on it's back. Corpsers are easily to kill if you just unload into the abdomen on the back. It's always exposed and they go down quick
Hitman2169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:30 AM   #29
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Horde is going to be a bitch to do on Insane. Maybe EPIC will do some kind of full tickers event or something.

After playing some more Horde, i've noticed people getting killed by random enemies instead of bosses. This is very common when you get Berserkers (Lambent most likely).
Old 09-23-2011, 01:18 AM   #30
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
Thanks for clearing this up, I was really interested in this info. However, your essentially saying they really have no weak area, but if you had wager a guess the head would be the place to aim? So basically just unload into them and the more explosive the ordnance the better?
Not true. Gunkers have a weak area in their shiny chest area.

Also, for those struggling with the bosses, invest in getting a silverback. Auburok and I have been grinding horde today over and over to just level up our fortifications. It makes a MAJOR difference.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote