PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
COV GREGS

cov gregs's Gamercard
Beast mode wild ticker

How do kill stranded or heroes with the wild ticker? Last one I need for the achievement. Thank you
COV GREGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
On wave 1 you should be able to down a stranded if they're on their own, if not then get someone else to down one for you to attack, takes 1 or 2 hits once they're down.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
VRattleHead

VRattleHead's Gamercard
i'm having the same problem. as soon as i get close i get killed right away and if i down a guy with a different beast character, then by the time i respawn as wild ticker - one of their buddies revived them. it's really driving me nuts. any additional advice would be appreciated. thx.
VRattleHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Anthonymrb
Banned User

Anthonymrb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRattleHead View Post
i'm having the same problem. as soon as i get close i get killed right away and if i down a guy with a different beast character, then by the time i respawn as wild ticker - one of their buddies revived them. it's really driving me nuts. any additional advice would be appreciated. thx.
Play with 1 other person, have them distract the person while you come up behind. Wold also be easier if you have only 1 of them left.
Anthonymrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
Thugsley

TypeR Dunc's Gamercard
I get quite a few wild ticker kills. Best way ive found is to go for the ones on troikas/turrets and nibble at their legs while they shoot other things.

Also not sure if its on purpose but up close, the turrets seem to shoot over the wild tickers rather than at them. So as i said, go for the turrets the heroes are mounted on.

Good luck
Old 09-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Only other advice I can think of is just play a lot of games as wild ticker and go for a stranded as soon as one of your team mates down them. Should be easy enough to boost this with someone though.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
The Wild Ticker doesn't do much damage on its own, the best way to get a kill with it is to have someone else down a stranded and then kill him with the wild ticker. That's how I did it.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
SecretPeter

SeCrEtPeTeR87's Gamercard
its kinda cheating but just set up a private lobby and activate another controller...with he second one take all the guys out and leave the last one waiting to be revived...then with your main controller use a wild ticker to take them down!! BINGO achievement unlocked!!
SecretPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
Arrowmaster

Arrowmaster's Gamercard
If any of the humans have a boomsheild they always seem more interested in pointing it at the bigger locust and ignore wild tickers or wreches attacking them from behind.
Arrowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
welsh dragon888
Banned User

welsh dragon888's Gamercard
like somebody else said, just go for any human on a turret/troika on casual.
welsh dragon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
Prowutski

You could also eat a tagged grenade and blow yourself up like a normal ticker.
I just played and got it without trying with a bunch of friends, this was on insane as well.
Prowutski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
Shinnizle

Shinnizle's Gamercard
A trick I just tried that worked is to play on Casual, spawn as a Savage Drone, down a human, and stay close to him. By the time the other humans down and kill you (it takes forever on Casual difficulty), the downed human will almost have bled out. Now spawn as a Wild Ticker, and if you're lucky, the human will bleed out after you've spawned, and even though you downed it in your other life as a Savage Drone, you will get the credit for a Wild Ticker kill.

You do need a bit of luck to make this work, but it only took me a handful of minutes using this method.

Shinnizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
just load up a private match on casual and play the checkout map. Wave 1 only has 5 stranded and they are spread out and ridiculously easy to sneak up on and just bite em a couple times.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:07 AM   #14
OrphanedPenguin

orphanedpenguin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinnizle View Post
A trick I just tried that worked is to play on Casual, spawn as a Savage Drone, down a human, and stay close to him. By the time the other humans down and kill you (it takes forever on Casual difficulty), the downed human will almost have bled out. Now spawn as a Wild Ticker, and if you're lucky, the human will bleed out after you've spawned, and even though you downed it in your other life as a Savage Drone, you will get the credit for a Wild Ticker kill.

You do need a bit of luck to make this work, but it only took me a handful of minutes using this method.
Worked like a charm. I downed everyone and was so low on health I just danced around on spikes til I died and respawned and got 5 wild ticker kills

OrphanedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #15
Da_Big_D__

Personuknow's Gamercard
It's pretty straightforward to get if you hop in a Standard online game; just let others charge in first and get the attention of the humans, then whack away at them. Wild Ticker melee swing does half damage to units, so it takes 4 attacks to down and another 2 to kill (on Normal).
Da_Big_D__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #16
infernoterrorize

Nfernoterrorize's Gamercard
Wild ticker is super easy. Cant believe some people find it hard.

BORDERLANDS - THE BEST GAME EVER!!!

100% Achievements: RETAIL:24 ARCADE:12

OVER 90% ACHIEVEMENT COMPLETION RATE!!!
infernoterrorize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:27 AM   #17
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
thanks for the advice, this is the last one i need for the achivement

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #18
Mr Sawed 0ff

Mr Sawed 0ff's Gamercard
Wink This is exactly how I did this.

Step 1: Turn two controllers on and log in
Step 2: Go to Beast Mode on casual
Step 3: Use the account you don't care to get the achievement at the moment and eliminate 4 of the stranded and shoot the fifth where he/she needs to be revived
Step 4: Get the controller that is logged in the profile with the achievement you want select wild ticker go up to the stranded person that is crawling and hit him/her twice it wont notify you saying you unlocked it but it will b the first one in your achievements.
Mr Sawed 0ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #19
Calv1n

Calv1n DT's Gamercard
Red face What He Said

You should be able to just kill a downed stranded if an ally downs them for you.

Because as far as i know, it is almost impossible to eat a grenade, because the AI never throw grenades. They just plant them inside of their holdout location.

What Idiots.