PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
SoBeRxFTW

Pulveratez's Gamercard
Brothers to the End

I am not giving out spoilers, but it made me cry. How about you?
Old 09-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
SGT H0US3

SGT H0US3's Gamercard
lol didnt make me cry but it certanly was emotional......
SGT H0US3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
SnowSHOWERS

SnowSHOWERS's Gamercard
i was pissed the achievement popped before the scene cause then you knew it was coming but yes it gave me goosebumps
Old 09-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
I cried throughout that chapter. Alot of very emotional stuff, more so if you have read the books.

*Mini spoiler*
The hardest part was Marcus breaking down. To see him, the definition of bad ass, break down like a normal person. that's what hit me the hardest.

Last edited by WickedD365; 09-22-2011 at 08:33 PM.
WickedD365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedD365 View Post
I cried throughout that chapter. Alot of very emotional stuff, more so if you have read the books.

*Mini spoiler*
The hardest part was Marcus breaking down. To see him, the definition of bad ass, break down like a normal person. that's what hit me the hardest.
ESPECIALLY if you have read the Books. I seriously have no Drive to finish the Campaign now. No amount of happy ending Bullshit can fix this.

I will Admit that I never Saw it coming, and I Definitely Teared up.

Definitely just. . . Sad, seeing Marcus like that, and What about Sam? He was just starting to let himself Develop Feelings for her. That really Pisses me off.

Last edited by ZingZitang; 09-22-2011 at 08:55 PM.
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
UnholyShinigami

unholyshinigami's Gamercard
Absolutely a goosebump scene, but i must admit that the scene in Gears Of War 2 where Dom finds Maria made the hair in my neck rise even more then this scene..

But i think EPIC did a bad job on showing how the loss off Dom affected the rest of the team.. Its like "Oh well.. Hes dead.. Lets move on..." Would appreciate more feelings shown, and maybe a proper burial at the end.. But thats just me being picky on small details..
UnholyShinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeRxFTW View Post
i hate dom, but i got goosebumps and i came close to crying because of the way he killed himself it made me like him. sad seeing marcus try to salvage him after the explosion. funny to watch him kick griffins ass afterwards XD

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
ESPECIALLY if you have read the Books. I seriously have no Drive to finish the Campaign now. No amount of happy ending Bullshit can fix this.

I will Admit that I never Saw it coming, and I Definitely Teared up.

Definitely just. . . Sad, seeing Marcus like that, and What about Sam? He was just starting to let himself Develop Feelings for her. That really Pisses me off.
maybe he didn't want to and he wanted to stay commited so in a way, he saved himself from himself, which is ironic in the way that he did it XD

i really hope dizzy and carmine survive tho, i'd be pissed if they killed off dizzy. i really feel there's a loose end with dizzy tho. like, how the fuck did he survive the fight with skorge and not get captured & tortured along with Tai?

slaughter
is the best medicine

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Last edited by chainsawsquirrel; 09-22-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This is only like the 10th thread on this topic... no wonder the Gears 3 forums is such a clusterfuck.

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #10
Judivarious

VAN WILEY's Gamercard
I've always told my Gears buddies and other people that if "they" ever died, I would cheer, but for some reason, I didn't, I actually felt really bad. I think it had to been with the things that they said before they died, and the song that was playing.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #11
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawsquirrel View Post
maybe he didn't want to and he wanted to stay commited so in a way, he saved himself from himself, which is ironic in the way that he did it XD
Have you Read the Books? More Specifically Coalitions End? He was Definitely, albeit slowly, letting himself move on.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #12
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
Quote:
Have you Read the Books? More Specifically Coalitions End? He was Definitely, albeit slowly, letting himself move on.
Dom has grown ALOT throughout the Gears series. From his first Commando mission at Aspho Point, the day his daughter was born, to sacrificing himself in 3. He was ready and it was the only way to save him "family".

In Coalition's End he is/has come to terms with what happened to his kids while trying to get Maria to accept there was nothing she could do.

The part where Dom shows Marcus the kids untouched rooms really hit me hard. Just Dom showing that area to Marcus was a huge step for him.

@Chainsawsquirrel: Have you not learned to multiquote? We don't need a million post to reply to one thread.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #13
chainsawsquirrel

Quote:
no, i have read non of them, i just PMd u saying i've read none of them because the conclusion of the story etc is in my best interest atm, then i will read the books to fill in the gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedD365 View Post
@Chainsawsquirrel: Have you not learned to multiquote? We don't need a million post to reply to one thread.
exaggeration's obviously you're strong point.

slaughter
is the best medicine

Last edited by chainsawsquirrel; 09-22-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #14
Eighty 0ne

Eighty 0ne's Gamercard
I didnt cry, but I am definately sad about what happened. I feel almost as if I had a 5 year emotional investment in these characters then it was just thrown away. I liked Dom's character and had a feeling it would happen, but still didnt want it to. Marcus without Dom is like peanut butter without jelly... It just bugs me.
Eighty 0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #15
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyShinigami View Post
Absolutely a goosebump scene, but i must admit that the scene in Gears Of War 2 where Dom finds Maria made the hair in my neck rise even more then this scene..

But i think EPIC did a bad job on showing how the loss off Dom affected the rest of the team.. Its like "Oh well.. Hes dead.. Lets move on..." Would appreciate more feelings shown, and maybe a proper burial at the end.. But thats just me being picky on small details..
I totally agree. Everyone was like: "Let's go kill those bastards!"

And that was it. It should have showed them each crying or fighting back tears or something. Jesus Christ they aren't bulletproof.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #16
WaltXXX

Send a message via MSN to WaltXXX Send a message via Skype™ to WaltXXX

WaltXXX's Gamercard
Just played that chapter with 2 friends and we are still in shock
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 PM   #17
xXImSoBalzyXx

xximsobalzyxx's Gamercard
I teared up, thats for sure

http://www.youtube.com/user/xXImSoBalzyXx
I do let's plays and stuff. Don't hate. Any tips would be great!
xXImSoBalzyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
x360a Louis

I wasn't that bothered.

Probably would of been alot more upset if I was playing with my brother like I did the gears 1 + 2 but he's at uni.
x360a Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #19
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

It was a really sad moment, Dom has been there from the start so watching him die felt quite a bit. Rip Dom

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #20
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_loel View Post
It was a really sad moment, Dom has been there from the start so watching him die felt quite a bit. Rip Dom
I thought his death was idiotic. All he had to do was open the door and roll out like they do in all the action movies. His death should have been better.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #21
PRSfloods

Achi11es Shield's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
I thought his death was idiotic. All he had to do was open the door and roll out like they do in all the action movies. His death should have been better.
Maybe he wanted to die? Which was most likely the case. Saved his buddies and gets to be with his family again. Makes perfect sense.
PRSfloods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #22
UnholyShinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRSfloods View Post
Maybe he wanted to die? Which was most likely the case. Saved his buddies and gets to be with his family again. Makes perfect sense.
Have to agree on this one...

And to all you people who are saying "havent you read the books" and bla bla bla...

FUCK THE BOOKS!

You ever considered that when Dom visited the grave and "talked" to Maria, that he actually realised how much he missed her?
Maybe he thinked they were not going to make it and then found out he could help the team carry on and as a final goodbye offer himself and then live on in the heavens with his wife and kids?
Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #23
KNUCKS x360a

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeRxFTW View Post
Yup! Had a tear in my eye, just like the Maria scene in GoW2...

5 years was a long time to 'know' someone & the game felt kinda empty for a few chapters afterwards...

Damn you Epic & your heart string plucking!
KNUCKS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #24
jroc10991

Jroc10991's Gamercard
it was incredibly sad to watch Dom sacrifice himself to save the others . not going lie.. it brought a tear to my eye, and made me more aggressive to kill all those lambent bastards!! and later on when Marcus lets his emotions go.. WOW.. how sad and angry he got, and how he told off Griffin and the ash man.. just WOW. such an emotional, action packed, dramatic, engaging campaign... THIS GAME JUST HAS TO GET GAME OF THE YEAR!!!
jroc10991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:53 AM   #25
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Not ashamed to say I had some tears during the scene. I played all of act 4 with a feeling that no other game has given me and had to pause a certain points because my tears were blurring my vision.

The first Gears of War was the game that got me into gaming. I played videogames before but I was just a casual player. Gears was the reason I bought an 360. It was the first shooter I ever played, first rated M game I bought, first game I played online and the first game that felt like more than a game to me. The Mad World trailer was the only thing I saw of the game but I was immediately hooked. I spent all my money on a $450 xbox with gears of war and never looked back since. To watch it all come to an end and see Dom die to the song that started it all was bitter sweet to say the least. The Gears franchise will always be some of the best games I ever played and I really hope Epic doesn't abandon it for too long.

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
105 completed games 81 Retail - 25 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:12 AM   #26
Phantom-Phive

Phantom Phive's Gamercard
I must not be human. I barely felt any emotion during this scene at all, less long form a tear drop. I agree Dom's death should of been handled better. But that whole Chapter/Act had foreshadowing so I was hardly surprised.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Phantom-Phive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:36 AM   #27
Deka

DekaPWN's Gamercard
I knew it would come to that even before the game came out...it needed to happen...still...sadness...T_T
Deka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:41 AM   #28
Nekrophetamine

Nekrophetamine's Gamercard
Yeah it was a sad one. I hate that the achievement gave it away though. When I started playing the chapter, I thought oh man, dom is gonna get infected and they'll have to kill him! (I thought it was gonna happen at that scene where he is taking off his cog tag and was all alone for a while).

Did anyone notice the version of Mad World that was being played? It was a little different than the others, I liked it... very fitting for that scene. Darker I guess, IDK. I wonder if it's on the OST for the game? so far only way to listen to it on youtube is through clips showing the full scene.
Nekrophetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #29
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawsquirrel View Post
no, i have read non of them, i just PMd u saying i've read none of them because the conclusion of the story etc is in my best interest atm, then i will read the books to fill in the gaps.
Indeed you did. I strongly Recommend Reading the Books.
Quote:
Now I absolutely Agree with you, but This is how Soldiers are Trained to React. There's nothing they could've done about it, and the mission still needed to be Finished. Then Again its Practically the End of the World. Maybe at least some Tears from Sam and Marcus and Anya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
I thought his death was idiotic.
I would say more Unnecessary than Idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrophetamine View Post
Did anyone notice the version of Mad World that was being played? It was a little different than the others, I liked it... very fitting for that scene. Darker I guess, IDK. I wonder if it's on the OST for the game? so far only way to listen to it on youtube is through clips showing the full scene.
The Song fit Very well, especially considering the Mad World Video was Really Where we First Saw Dom Five Years Ago.

Quote:
And to all you people who are saying "havent you read the books" and bla bla bla...

FUCK THE BOOKS!

You ever considered that when Dom visited the grave and "talked" to Maria, that he actually realised how much he missed her?
Maybe he thinked they were not going to make it and then found out he could help the team carry on and as a final goodbye offer himself and then live on in the heavens with his wife and kids?
No. Just No. You Simply Can not make an Accurate Judgement on the Character or motive of Dom if you haven't read the books.

Sure, what your Saying would make sense for those who haven't read the Books. But its simply not the Whole Truth/Story. His "Talking" to Maria, and Putting her Necklace on the Grave was him saying He is Ready to move on with his life, that He Cares for another Person Greatly. What do you have against Books? Read the Books if you want the Whole Story.

Last edited by ZingZitang; 09-23-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #30
UnholyShinigami

Quote:
No. Just No. You Simply Can not make an Accurate Judgement on the Character or motive of Dom if you haven't read the books.

Sure, what your Saying would make sense for those who haven't read the Books. But its simply not the Whole Truth/Story. His "Talking" to Maria, and Putting her Necklace on the Grave was him saying He is Ready to move on with his life, that He Cares for another Person Greatly. What do you have against Books? Read the Books if you want the Whole Story.
I got nothing against books.. I was kinda harsh going out like that, but it's the game we discuss now, if EPIC wanted all people to know about all the stuff you guys mention that finds place in the books they surely would put it in the game somehow.. And who's Karen Traviss exactly? Is she involved with the game? Before i pick up the books i really want to know her part in the GAME's storyline...