PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
D4Ru73K

Send a message via Skype™ to D4Ru73K

D4Ru73K's Gamercard
Public matches with bots

Hello all, I've back to GoW2 get some achievements and stuck. For example I want get GS for meatflag, win 10 times etc.

Public is almost impossible for me, I'm at 68 level right now and there are good killers everywhere. I wanted to do this in Social with friends and bots but

right...

bots - what happend to them?! There are annoying. I have never seen so strong bots like in here. They are almost immortal. Even with friends I'm one or two shot - one kill for them. I don't understand but they have more health than me, they injure more damage than me.

Is this some kind of event, surprise or bots play everytime like this?

D4Ru73K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
wdarkorochi

D4RK OROCHI's Gamercard
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4Ru73K View Post
Hello all, I've back to GoW2 get some achievements and stuck. For example I want get GS for meatflag, win 10 times etc.

Public is almost impossible for me, I'm at 68 level right now and there are good killers everywhere. I wanted to do this in Social with friends and bots but

right...

bots - what happend to them?! There are annoying. I have never seen so strong bots like in here. They are almost immortal. Even with friends I'm one or two shot - one kill for them. I don't understand but they have more health than me, they injure more damage than me.

Is this some kind of event, surprise or bots play everytime like this?
Hello friend, I have the same problem as you with this game, we will match a Parry and do all the online achievements can count on me add me my account is D4RK Orochi, in my case is 1000 times worse than yours, because I live in Brazil imagine the lag on my connection, I need the achievements of the wingman, king of the hill and all other online add me and we will combine and make other people who have the same problem in common.
wdarkorochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The bots shouldn't be that hard as they commonly will leave themselves exposed around walls/corners. They also have a tendacy to not duck for cover when getting shot, so if you happen to get the first shots off you should be able to kill them with no issues.

I found that a little distance and good aim goes a long way against the bots.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
D4Ru73K

Send a message via Skype™ to D4Ru73K

D4Ru73K's Gamercard
wdarkorochi I live in Poland so averything is about time, my time now is 9:30 pm and your I think 4.30 pm and I can play till 10 pm your time. Adding you right now

JAW LV - I know what you mean but game with bots is too fast, there is no time for cover and thinking. Bots are faster than me and I die too fast as well. I try every time since 3 days and is stiil the same. Annoying

D4Ru73K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #5
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The bots are set to Hardcore Difficulty by default (they used to be easier I believe, before I ever played this game). JAW LV is absolutely correct - keep your distance and stay in cover and you should be fine. The bots will be able to hit you perfectly with a Lancer from a mile away, but if you stay down they will eventually leave themselves open to attack and you can get them down pretty easily. The bots in this game are no pushovers and you're by no means guranteed to win against them every time, but you should be able to win fairly consistently against them too, particularly if you have other human players on your team. If you just teamed up with bots it will be hit or miss.

Last edited by bblcreator8790; 09-24-2011 at 04:56 PM.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:27 AM   #6
Seddo

SEDD0's Gamercard
How are you even supposed to get a bot match set up?

I've been searching for about 10 minutes for a game and nothing is coming up, surely it should put me in a bot match by now.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
WilliamRLBaker

Send a message via AIM to WilliamRLBaker Send a message via MSN to WilliamRLBaker Send a message via Yahoo to WilliamRLBaker

williamrlbaker's Gamercard
yeah not worth it

One would think bots would be easier but really even expert players aren't capable of doing some of the stuff bots can do it took me near 20 matches just to get my lag 2 meat bag captures becasue the bots would down me at insane distances with 1 shot from the lancer, shoot the pistol when they had the meat bag so fast it would have equaled 5k shots a minute.

been trying to play annex and its just not worth it to play through so many maps and watch as the bots destroy me...I have a controller with rapid fire for its face buttons and the bots would defeat me every time in a chainsaw duel.
WilliamRLBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #8
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
I did pretty much all my MP achievements with bots, the meatflag took a fair while, I was usually only able to get one done every 4 or 5 matches.
I have two copies and two consoles so if you do that it's a bit easier as you can basically make it 5 on 4, I did that with the annex ones and didn't lose a match, I had a look at the playlist and if the maps I needed were not coming up soon I just quick and restarted.
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
xxxANTNEExxx

xxxANTNEExxx's Gamercard
I just recently did all the Meatflag , Annex, and Guardian achievements. One piece of advice that I found very useful was to down the stupid ass bots but don't kill them. It's not going stop those prick bots from head shotting you across the screen or firing their guns faster than any modded controller I've ever seen. But it will give you a second to breathe and gather your thoughts. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

xxxANTNEExxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
MATH3W MAGNUM77

math3w magnum77's Gamercard
F all this.. just play normal or casual.. i cant imagine trying to do anything higher than level 12 or 13 in hardcore horde.. (mostly cuz I'm split screening w my noob brother who keeps whining abt the difficulty)
I wont sign up for gold cuz I'm in India on a 1mbps line which just barely support online play..
Wingmans nice but I don't know if I'm getting any exp when I play w bots (? help)
TBH I just got into GOW after the huge promo for GOW3 and then I got1 n 2 and I realise how late this is..
1000+/1000+ (In the order of reaching 1000G; Darksiders, Assassins Creed 2, Dante's Inferno(1145 / 1290), Avatar TLA:TBE, Arkham Asylum, Arkham Asylum GOTY, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood(1150 / 1250), Naruto UNS2, Prince Of Persia TFS, NFS Most Wanted, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion)

200/200 (Lazy Raiders, Harms Way, Outland, Battle LA)

33330 on 3-May-2013
MATH3W MAGNUM77 is offline   Reply With Quote