PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 12
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Official FIFA 12 Bitching Thread

Any rants with the game upon its release should be placed in this thread to reduce forum clutter.

Keep it civil. As offensive posts will no doubt be deleted.
BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Morbido

Not being able to get on the UT web app. I tried on thursday evening but it was to busy. Played the game over the weekend so didn't try getting on. Tried about 20 mins ago and it was still to busy. My mate has had no luck over the weekend. This is bs. It was obvious that from tuesday (when it came out in the states) it was going to get busier, now six days later with everyone else getting it, its crap that its not been sorted.

Also, the constant spamming of one-twos online. I dont mind people using them, but when every pass you do is one its very frustrating.

The constant glitches with cheevos. People being able to unlock them on UT, others not. Its a joke.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

What are one-twos?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
Deanobeano21

deano beano 21's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPx View Post
What are one-twos?
It's when you pass the ball to your player and he passes it back that's a one-two and that's what happens online and you just keep running around like headless chickens.
Deanobeano21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
STFShadow

OOII VENOM IIOO's Gamercard
The whole player impact engine does my head in, standing in the box on a corner or free kick and players just knock u on your arse before the ball is player. ermmmmm im sure thats a foul.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Yeah only problem i find is if im owned do 20 flips break all my bones ref does fuck all. I step on someones toe red card... yeahhhhh offff coursseee.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

PKs do seem ultra-easy to get. Nearly every time I pull my goalie...RED CARD! PK!

My one big complaint would probably be passing...especially in-the-air through passes.

Used to be that you just held LB, tapped Y, and they would chip the ball up in the air and to the next closest attacker. Very efficient if there was a defensemen blocking you from doing a ground pass, on a 2 v 1 break-away.

But now, for whatever reason, whenever I do this, my player turns around 180 degrees and kicks it out of bounds, or to a wing player BEHIND him...completely the opposite way that my open guy is. (Even if that guy is completely on sides!)

Last edited by MxPx; 10-03-2011 at 07:51 PM.
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
Danger Badgers

Danger Badgers's Gamercard
Playing clubs 2 - 0 up with 2 mins to go & the EA servers disconnects one of us. No danger here we think as EA say they analyse disconnections on score, possession etc to award a final score.... Except they don't & we get credited with a 3 - 0 loss. Good times

The AI for any team on world class is ridiculous - I have to wait for the opposition to score to have a kick of the ball!!!
Danger Badgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #9
Minocin

minocin's Gamercard
HEADERS, they are freaking annoying right now.. I cannot header the ball at all.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #10
BIGbivvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minocin View Post
HEADERS, they are freaking annoying right now.. I cannot header the ball at all.
Press B when the ball is in the air, after holding and pressing X in the direction of the player you wish to head the ball. I hope this clears that up. .
Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #11
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGbivvie View Post
Press B when the ball is in the air, after holding and pressing X in the direction of the player you wish to head the ball. I hope this clears that up. .
I think he means that the likelihood of heading the ball seems to have gone down. They used to happen all the time, yet they're much more rare now.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #12
Minocin

minocin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGbivvie View Post

Oh my god, it worked lol! Thank you!

Last edited by Minocin; 10-03-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Minocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #13
BIGbivvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minocin View Post
Oh my god, it worked lol! Thank you!

Haha, you are welcome.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #14
NUFC_Matty

MytH FTW's Gamercard
The constant bumming of Barcelona in H2H seasons. it's incredible the amount of people who do.

20,000 15/10/2011 - 25,000 21/04/2012
30,000 06/11/2012 - 35,000 28/09/2013
NUFC_Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
T FUNK 1984

T FUNK 1984's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Well now letís see....

1. Trying to get onto UT on the internet and I keep on getting:

'Sorry!

We have reached the maximum number of users who can log into FUT Web.

Please try again later.'

Really EA?

2. The slowness at the menus, particularly when you first load the game. It should be no more than a few seconds - at most!

3. These new defending mechanics. Fine vs. human players, in fact I like them. But vs. CPU they are a waste of time (particularly the one where you just hold ). Think I need to learn some sort of special finger yoga to press all the buttons I need at the same time.

4. The new impact engine. Rag doll physics in a football game? Went one on one with the keeper, keeper dove at my feet to get the ball and when he stood up my player has stuck to him horizontally.

5. Not being able to play online vs (head to head seasons I think it's called), half the time I get an error saying the squads aren't available and to try again later.

There's more but that's all I can think of for now!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #16
steh37

steh37's Gamercard
i was trying to do as much ultimate as poss but since i cant get on due to error (4q ea servers) ive been having a go at head to head s this sucks as both games were with the shite new tackling system were as i us legendaary defending ea have ruined this game....
steh37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #17
jtr1gg3r

KiNG TUBZ zZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Only thing annoying me are the servers. But it's EA so what did I expect?? LOL
Old 10-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #18
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by T FUNK 1984 View Post
3. These new defending mechanics. Fine vs. human players, in fact I like them. But vs. CPU they are a waste of time (particularly the one where you just hold ). Think I need to learn some sort of special finger yoga to press all the buttons I need at the same time.
Wacha mean? What controller set up do you use?

I use classic, and all I do is tap B when I'm near the ball. It's really not that difficult.

Quote:
4. The new impact engine. Rag doll physics in a football game? Went one on one with the keeper, keeper dove at my feet to get the ball and when he stood up my player has stuck to him horizontally.
lol, I agree.

I keep losing my strikers/attackers, and I'm looking around like, "wheretf they go?!", then I see they've collided with someone mid-field, and did 16 flips before hitting the ground.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #19
T FUNK 1984

T FUNK 1984's Gamercard

Quote:
Wacha mean? What controller set up do you use?

I use classic, and all I do is tap B when I'm near the ball. It's really not that difficult.
Just the default set up. I mean with this new tactical defending thing, hold A and your player follows the ball/player with the ball which is pretty much the same as holding LT (I know they aren't exactly the same but they both achieve the same thing). I can appreciate them trying to make it more realistic but IMO they've just made it needlessly complicated. I'm doing the same thing (B when near the ball) but then I'm not using their new tactical defending buttons which they made such a big thing of.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #20
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Quote:
Just the default set up. I mean with this new tactical defending thing, hold A and your player follows the ball/player with the ball which is pretty much the same as holding LT (I know they aren't exactly the same but they both achieve the same thing). I can appreciate them trying to make it more realistic but IMO they've just made it needlessly complicated. I'm doing the same thing (B when near the ball) but then I'm not using their new tactical defending buttons which they made such a big thing of.
Well, if you don't like having to push all those buttons then don't. It's not necessary.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #21
AX S16

AX S16's Gamercard
Pro Clubs is so broken (and has been the past couple of years) that its not funny.

With all the "drone" players in your team having such rubbish stats, its too easy for human strikers, (who are always about 5'5" and as light as possible=sprint and acceleration stats off the charts) to blitz past them. Its pointless making your pro anything but a small rapid forward if my previous experiences of pro clubs are anything to go by. Through ball from midfield, the cpu defender will dither while the pro runs at full speed, runs in and scores a 200mph shot which your crap keeper has NO chance of saving.

The interfering of the CPU is criminal as well - if a ball is going to one of your idiot non-be-a-pro players, and an opposing pro is going to contest that ball, your player will hold up, take a bad touch, or turn into the pro to afford him a chance at goal.

The fact that the non-pro players who make up your team are so unskilled and slow means that any team who has a greater number of human players is automatically disadvantaged: your ~50 statted midfielder is never going to win against a human pro player. This effect wouldnt be so obvious if your pro was just substituted into the real squad, as per solo career, why cant EA just do this?
AX S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #22
Danger Badgers

Danger Badgers's Gamercard
So disappointed with clubs this year. The lag is furking annoying!!!!!
Danger Badgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #23
LThompson6

LThompson06's Gamercard
I'm annoyed with how you can't be over 6ft and fast, most of the olympic sprinters are over 6ft and Usain Bolt is 6ft 5 I make my pro 6ft 2 and the fastest he can get is mid 70's for pace it's so stupid because I want my pro to be 6ft 2 like me and fast but they can't.

LThompson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #24
neil_lien

Quote:
Originally Posted by LThompson6 View Post
I'm annoyed with how you can't be over 6ft and fast, most of the olympic sprinters are over 6ft and Usain Bolt is 6ft 5 I make my pro 6ft 2 and the fastest he can get is mid 70's for pace it's so stupid because I want my pro to be 6ft 2 like me and fast but they can't.
Stick a ball infront of them and then see how fast those olympic sprinters are...

+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #25
X V3NOM SLAPS X

Mr Whiteyy's Gamercard
I am sick to death of this game I have now sold it!! the ea servers suck!! always lagging me out but if I play call of duty it works fine! I'm normally host with no problems but on fifa, ohh no I get kicked offline and have to re-sign in to the servers and for there website too!! FUT just keeps saying they have reached the maximum amount of users and to try again later!!!!! absolute waste of money, roll on nov 8th - MW3! sick of this game but on a good note I got just under 700G on the game!

Last edited by X V3NOM SLAPS X; 10-05-2011 at 09:13 PM.
X V3NOM SLAPS X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #26
FANGx

What the funk is with the penalties in this game? I get the ball and Pato falls over after and he gets a penalty 2 minutes later I get destroyed in his box no touch on the ball, no penalty. Makes me want to stab kittens in the face
FANGx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #27
T FUNK 1984

T FUNK 1984's Gamercard

Quote:
Well, if you don't like having to push all those buttons then don't. It's not necessary.
I'm not but then that takes out one of the biggest 'improvements' that they claim to have made for this years FIFA.

Can you tell I think it's shit?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #28
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm not but then that takes out one of the biggest 'improvements' that they claim to have made for this years FIFA.

Can you tell I think it's shit?
I'm not really sure...I rarely let the ball get passed my midfielders.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #29
King Georgie

King Georgie's Gamercard
Always end up kicking the ball when I didn't mean to

Every FIFA game I have played, I end up doing this. I go in for a tackle, actually get the ball and then end up shooting from miles away. I know I can change the buttons so this isn't a problem, and there is also the cancel feature (probably bought in to tackle this problem). But shouldn't the default be so this doesn't happen? This has bugged me since the beginning!
King Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #30
sam49

dy 0ver dx's Gamercard

The fact that tactical defending basically is nothing new and has been on FIFA from at least '10? I mean the only difference I see is that the function of the B button in the previous iteration is now RB, but all the other defending 'improvements' have more or less been in FIFA for the past two years.
sam49 is offline   Reply With Quote