PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #1
bloodswan

bloodswan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Favourite Gears moment #spoilers enabled#

As the title says what is your favourite moment in the Gears series. My favourite part in 3 was probably the level spoilt paradise as I enjoyed the music, the setting and enjoyed the healthy ammount of torque bow reloads but overall I thinkmy favourite moment is when you first encounter the therons in the original Gears at the pumping station. It just had an epic battle feel to it and I still remember the awesome soundtrack for that battle.
bloodswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
Phantomzero17

Phantomzero17's Gamercard
The submarine section in Gears 3 when you got to see the sunken city. To me that really hit the Gears of War theme of "Destroyed Beauty".

The entire series has the environments set up for the most part to display this theme. Although lighting styles and locales have changed most of the locations in game show some sense of this theme. Ephyra the Capital of the Coalition and one of its buroughs Timgad in Gears of War 1 we're shown to be bombed out ruins of their former selves. Not due to hammer strikes but to pure unending war and inability to maintain it all. This is where the Coalition was making its stand for 10 years until it finally fell to locust and it became the new front line. Old church yards, memorials, grave sites, historic monuments, and National treasures are burned out, turned to rubble, fading, cracking, covered in blood and ash, stained by gun smoke, and everything else that is familiar in a warzone. Ephyra was the heart of Tyrus. The heart of the Coalition and everywhere you went you got to see the destruction of the heart of nation, of a people.

Gears of War 2 took it a step further and in another direction. You got to see a pristine Alpine forest turned into a blasted out warzone being demolished by armored columns. You got to see a former serene hamlet be wrecked once again and experience the irony of disrupting the dead by tunneling in a grave site that its self is once again destroyed beauty. It's defiled in everyway imaginable and war once again calls you to defile it further. Later you see Ilima sink and even later you get to watch as Jacinto begins to sink and then flooded.

Gears 3 does it with the stadium, Char and Mercy, the sunken city, the Hotel on Azura, the way the Ravens Nest Carrier is changed from its stark Military beauty into a rusting floating commune far from the elegance it once knew. The wrecked bridge in Hanover that was such a cultural icon to the COG like the Golden Gate bridge in the San Francisco bay. All when you stop to appreciate it were done very well to bring out that sense of destroyed beauty.

This is also why I laugh at people when they say that Gears is supposed to be dark and gritty. From the get go EPIC stated with Gears 1 that the theme was destroyed beauty. These brigther locales and more colorful palletes when you realize what you are doing in them and what has happened to them, and what will be happening just furthers the theme. What has happened to Sera is a travesty.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
I3loodCrew

I3loodCrew's Gamercard
iv got 2 from the story.1)when dom died and 2) when carmine lived
I3loodCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
Darkhound64

Darkhound64's Gamercard
Ive got 3.

The city of Mercy, and the Lambent Humans
The city of Char, with the ash people
And the submarine part, with the sunken city
Darkhound64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Azura -redacted-
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
41inuyasha

XD41INUYASHA's Gamercard
city of char is by far the best, and i no its not the story but gridlock and its city of char them. Its so amazing.
41inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirel's Gamercard
ending
C.carmine getting sniped and not dieing XD
dom dieing

slaughter
is the best medicine

"CAAAAAAARRLLL that kills people!"

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
chainsawsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #8
xXImSoBalzyXx

xximsobalzyxx's Gamercard
When Dom died
The ending of Gears 3
C. Carmine getting sniped and not dying

I had chills the whole way through

http://www.youtube.com/user/xXImSoBalzyXx
I do let's plays and stuff. Don't hate. Any tips would be great!
xXImSoBalzyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
SDM Kahuna

sdm kahuna's Gamercard
The fight at the fuel station where Dom does what he needs to do... after 3 games and many... many hours with the game it's hard to see that happen to a character you have invested so much time with.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #10
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Gears 2:

Sinking Jacinto and hearing the crackled Adam Fenix message at the very end.

Gears 3:

The submarine chapter with the sunken city

Gears 1:

Battle with RAAM on the Train
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
KNUCKS x360a

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodswan View Post
I think my favourite moment is when you first encounter the therons in the original Gears at the pumping station. It just had an epic battle feel to it and I still remember the awesome soundtrack for that battle.
That's the "Yeah right, when was the last time you heard the wind say 'Hostiles?'" part isn't it?! Great stuff!...

One of my favourite parts of the series is where you see Cole do that Hollywood entrance in GoW2, my memory's getting cloudy but i'm sure it was a slo-mo three piece, (Saw+Splat+Grenade Tag?)

Quality!
KNUCKS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Griffin flipping off Marcus and the others while he rode away on his lift made me lol.

Marcus finally killing the Queen w/ Doms knife was probably my favorite moment though.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #13
SGT H0US3

SGT H0US3's Gamercard
when marcus squared up to griffin and said "ijust lost my god dam brother"
i liked this
SGT H0US3 is offline   Reply With Quote