PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-28-2011, 12:09 AM   #31
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice find i personaly find horde boring as fuck but i guess this will help

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #32
Phantomzero17

Phantomzero17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
They must have patched it then (I don't have live) becuase i had 15 by playing normally then did the turret trick and got infinite ammo mutator in 15 mins.
No it still works I just did it a few hours ago. What you do is that instead of restarting current wave you click restart from beginning. Otherwise it would allready count you having earned one ribbon in the wave 1-10 set. And restarting from begining technically starts a new set.

But ofcourse you probably allready know that and anything I just said is just for clarification for someone else who didn't understand it before and reads this.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #33
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
You could say this is an alternative if you want to invest the time, and thanks.
Given how many times I died on Insane, it is f*cking awesome.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #34
R0Y4LEwitCHEESE

R0Y4LEwitCHEESE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
They must have patched it then (I don't have live) becuase i had 15 by playing normally then did the turret trick and got infinite ammo mutator in 15 mins.
It actually is patched, however i can confirm you can do this offline. Disconnect your Xbox from Live, Clear the system cache, then boot up the game. Ignore the message about corrupted save data by pressing B. DON'T PRESS A, you will lose your campaign checkpoints. Sign in a second pad as a Guest then load up horde.

Using the turret reload method will now count towards unlocking Infinite Ammo every five repairs. Not once every 10 waves/respawn. After it's unlocked (took about 8 waves), have everybody die and quit to main menu to save it. Then power down, reconnect the Xbox to the internet, restart it. Once your signed in and re-patched, the save data corruption is fixed automatically and you now have Infinite Ammo.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #35
Phantomzero17

Testing out to see if they really won't charge the hill if I sit in that spot. They've just been standing still taking pot shots for 30 minutes. Cept for the tickers they run around and savage therons swing their sword in place. Sweet now I can finally get past wave 7. lol.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #36
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

To unlock the mutator you do not have to go to wave 3 to afford a turret. You can buy turret on wave 1 by getting the 2nd player to share cash with you. Get them to come up to you and then aim their gun at you (they must be close), press b to share cash and presto enough for a turret.
SatNiteEduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:28 AM   #37
soundlessb00m

soundlessb00m's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by some Irish guys View Post
Lancer, Hammerburst, Retro Lancer, Gnasher, Sawed-off Shotgun. You should also have infinite ammo in your pistol as well.
I assume loading up Horde and just getting 100 kills with each of the 5 weapons will credit me for the bronze Master-at-Arms medal?

At least I hope it will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0Y4LEwitCHEESE View Post
It actually is patched, however i can confirm you can do this offline. Disconnect your Xbox from Live, Clear the system cache, then boot up the game. Ignore the message about corrupted save data by pressing B. DON'T PRESS A, you will lose your campaign checkpoints. Sign in a second pad as a Guest then load up horde.

Using the turret reload method will now count towards unlocking Infinite Ammo every five repairs. Not once every 10 waves/respawn. After it's unlocked (took about 8 waves), have everybody die and quit to main menu to save it. Then power down, reconnect the Xbox to the internet, restart it. Once your signed in and re-patched, the save data corruption is fixed automatically and you now have Infinite Ammo.
Sweet...definitely going to try this tonight. Currently sitting with 17 Combat Engineer pins and cannot be fucked to play another 83 rounds of button mashing then dying.
soundlessb00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #38
Phantomzero17

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundlessb00m View Post
I assume loading up Horde and just getting 100 kills with each of the 5 weapons will credit me for the bronze Master-at-Arms medal?

At least I hope it will!
No you have to do it in versus matches. Private TDM or King of the Hill with a second controller would be my suggestion and then just grind out 100 kills with each of the starting 5.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #39
soundlessb00m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomzero17 View Post
No you have to do it in versus matches. Private TDM or King of the Hill with a second controller would be my suggestion and then just grind out 100 kills with each of the starting 5.
Are you serious.....FFS!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #40
Phantomzero17

Quote:
Are you serious.....FFS!
Only takes 20 minutes to go from 0 to 100 kills. Or at least that was my experience on checkout for the Hammerburst and the Retro Lancer. Since I allready had the other two via regular online play.

2 hours of work for the best mutator in the game isn't a bad trade off.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #41
soundlessb00m

Quote:
Only takes 20 minutes to go from 0 to 100 kills. Or at least that was my experience on checkout for the Hammerburst and the Retro Lancer. Since I allready had the other two via regular online play.

2 hours of work for the best mutator in the game isn't a bad trade off.
Just killing the second controller over and over again?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #42
Phantomzero17

Quote:
Just killing the second controller over and over again?
Yup. 5 weapons x 20 min = 1.4 hours give or take.

Only took me about 38 mintues. KOTH ends after 20 minutes and 1 second though just for future reference.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #43
soundlessb00m

Quote:
Yup. 5 weapons x 20 min = 1.4 hours give or take.

Only took me about 38 mintues. KOTH ends after 20 minutes and 1 second though just for future reference.
Cheers dude! I'll do this tonight

So you just run to the controller and kill him over and over? Can't believe there are so many ways around these medals!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #44
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
Quote:
So you just run to the controller and kill him over and over? Can't believe there are so many ways around these medals!
Why do just a second controller? Just put KOTH with full casual bots, and max time limit. You'll rack up kills like crazy. It's possible to get 100 kills per weapon in about 15-20 minutes each. Much faster than seeking out the second controller over and over again.

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44

Last edited by rockhopper; 09-28-2011 at 08:29 AM.
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #45
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Savage Kantus is another impossibility if you don't have something that'll take it down.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #46
nfntjy

nfn nifty's Gamercard
just did this with 2 people, worked very well. except when we got lambent berserker at wave 40 12 times in a row....
used OP's method exactly, just had a person next to the other ramp.

We also would wait to build the barrier underneath the spot so that enemies could come a little faster. With 2 people, you should be able to handle anything that comes from there on most waves. We would not build it until about wave 6 or 7 (16/17, 26/27, etc).
nfntjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #47
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
Savage Kantus is another impossibility if you don't have something that'll take it down.
You mean the Armored Kantus? I'm not sure i met a Savage one while i was playing. Anyways, it's good to hear that it's working for people.

Lancer with Super Reload can easily kill those, regardless of the armor they're wearing, trust me.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #48
Neon12025

Just wanted to say that if you get the serapede you should allow it to come up to where you are at and melee hit it in its weak spot to kill it in one shot if you have instant gib on. Did this and made them a lot easier on insane lol.
Neon12025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #49
Tony Dawg

Send a message via Skype™ to Tony Dawg

Tony Dawg's Gamercard
Great guide Vindicator~! I'm using it now, and I must admit, killing Brumaks has never been easier! lol.

Currently on wave 14, and I'm starting to feel the 'geeez this is taking forever' and then they all attack at once and I die lol. I usually buy the spikes where you said to put them, but I probably upgrade them too high :x Same with the Sentries.

Anyway, does anybody else have a problem with the sandstorm that comes through every wave? It's irritating when they're charging you and you can't see them. Just a small complaint that really doesn't matter in the long run.

Tony Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #50
nfntjy

nfn nifty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Dawg View Post

Anyway, does anybody else have a problem with the sandstorm that comes through every wave? It's irritating when they're charging you and you can't see them. Just a small complaint that really doesn't matter in the long run.
When the sandstorm comes, aim down the hill and spam click the left analog stick. This will spot the enemies, then you can just shoot below the marker to get the kill.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #51
soundlessb00m

Quote:
Great guide Vindicator~! I'm using it now, and I must admit, killing Brumaks has never been easier! lol.

Currently on wave 14, and I'm starting to feel the 'geeez this is taking forever' and then they all attack at once and I die lol. I usually buy the spikes where you said to put them, but I probably upgrade them too high :x Same with the Sentries.

How long?

How are you finding it? Do the enemies stand off enough for you to pick them off? Or is dying quite a regular thing?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #52
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Quote:

Yes, the sandstorm killed me several times as well. Sometimes when i wanted to attract enemies, the sandstorm hit and i was like, oh crap.

This can take a long time to do, but i knew that from the beginning as well. It's an alternative to dying countless times because of others mistakes on Insane.

You shouldn't make the mistake of upgrading them too high, since you only need to upgrade them once. I used this barrier solely because it slows them down and gives you time to react.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #53
Rollie

Voran Ale's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So up to wave 46 been easy so far but now i find Grenadier Elites always 1 shotting me from the other side of the map (I want there shotgun for multiplayer) Any advice on thi?, died like 20 times trying no matter how close to complete i get the random 1 shot from them happens :S
Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #54
nfntjy

nfn nifty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
So up to wave 46 been easy so far but now i find Grenadier Elites always 1 shotting me from the other side of the map (I want there shotgun for multiplayer) Any advice on thi?, died like 20 times trying no matter how close to complete i get the random 1 shot from them happens :S
Those grenadier elites like to try to hit you from those side areas where grenades spawn in versus. you have to check those areas every once in a while or they will get you.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #55
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
This is what makes it hard from wave 30+. Snipers, Bolters and Grenadiers will kill you in a single shot. The only counter to this is attracting them to you, or taking a look at the map and spot them out. You can definitely see the difference, because they will do like 6 - 7 shots with 1 - 2 sec intervals.

Do short bursts of fire against them if you want to feel safer.

Last edited by Vindicator51; 09-28-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #56
soundlessb00m

I'm actually looking forward to doing this solo. Going to test out my patience...can't wait to sue the mutators and properly test them too!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #57
Vulx

Is there some sort of reward to finishing Horde on Insane? I had a quick look at the medals but don't remember seeing one for Horde/Insane.
Vulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #58
soundlessb00m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulx View Post
Is there some sort of reward to finishing Horde on Insane? I had a quick look at the medals but don't remember seeing one for Horde/Insane.
Horde medals:

FOR THE HORDE!
Completed all 50 waves of Horde on (Casual/Normal/Hardcore/Insane).
I have no good method for this yet. Not sure if mutators voids this.

HORDER
Complete (100/500/1000/2000) waves of Horde.
Cumulative, you can do the first wave on casual as many times as it takes if you want.

ARCHITECT
Earn Founder ribbon (10/50/150/300) times.
You earn the Founder ribbon by building a base, it's the tower like structures that you have to build to even start playing horde. Cannot be earned solo and only once per session.

SQUAD LEADER
Earn Point Man ribbon (50/150/300/500) times.
You earn the Point Man ribbon by finishing a wave with the most points, cannot be earned solo.

FIELD ENGINEER
Complete (100/250/500/1000) fortification modifications.
Barriers, decoy, turrets etc all counts as fortifications.

BIG MONEY
Earn $(100k/500k/1mil/5mil) cash in Horde.
Everything that gives you points gives you the same amount in cash, completing challenges also earns you cash.

LOOT COURTESAN
Complete (10/20/50/???) challenges in Horde.
If you complete 3 waves in a row without dying, your next wave will have a bonus challenge for you. It can be different side objectives like getting a certain amount of headshots, executions, chainsaw-kills, turret kills etc.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #59
nfntjy

nfn nifty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulx View Post
There is a medal for beating all 50 waves. you get bronze for doing casual, silver for normal, gold for hardcore, and onyx for insane
Old 09-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #60
Vulx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfntjy View Post
There is a medal for beating all 50 waves. you get bronze for doing casual, silver for normal, gold for hardcore, and onyx for insane

Ah, I gotcha.

I managed to complete all 50 in a Public game yesterday, now I guess I have a new goal... an Insane one.
Vulx is offline   Reply With Quote