PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-28-2011, 04:23 AM   #1
Dayam

dayamazn's Gamercard
Angry Profile freezing has returned in GOW3... SOLUTION FOUND!

SOLUTION FOUND!

Just found a solution. It's not mine. Was found Here

Now on with the fix:

1. Move your affected profile onto an external device e.g. USB thumb drive, along with your saves.
2. Clear your system cache
3. Load up Gears while signed into your affected profile, and as soon as you see the EPIC logo, unplug the USB drive (You will get a message asking you to plug it back in, IGNORE THIS!)
4. Hit start, and check your stats, you should have lost all your collectibles. This is a sign to show it has worked.
5. Plug your USB drive back in and try loading up a game of anything, it should no longer freeze!

Good Luck!!

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the profile freezing from Gears2 and having to reset everything. You would think they would have fixed this in Gears3! Looks like they didn't care much or their solution didn't make much difference. This new freezing is similar from Gears2 but instead of it being on the main load screen, it's whenever the game tries to load a match/campaign/etc. This is really not a good sign for many achievement hoarders.

Here is a link where epic is trying to sort it out. Hopefully they can find a solution.
http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...at-load-screen

I only know of one bypass. But it's only temporary for a few games. Here's the steps:
1. Start game with no profile loaded.
2. Start a match and wait til it loads.
3. Sign into profile while match is in progress.
4. (back at title) Start game normally.
You should now be able to play matches/campaign, but you should note that there are weird numbers that appear while playing. Knowing this, I do not recommend doing this as it could do more bad than good.

Things I've done with no success:
~Deleted profile and re-downloaded from xbox live
~Moved profile from USB to HDD
~Cleared cache and updates
~Used different CD and/or Xbox
~Tried most types of xbox (Elite/old white)
~Installing on HDD
~Deleted all Gears3 saves
~Deleted Gears 3 beta saves

Things I have heard/read:
~Happens after doing split-screen co-op. (Though mine happened after playing private matches with myself only)
~This is a bug linked to your gamertag

Current Known Problems:
~Game freezes while loading match (rotating circle stops)
~Game freezes during Marcus resting on lancer screen
~Freezes at title screen upon signing in
~Stats and Campaign not correctly synced
~Save file corruption

Some precautions:
~ALWAYS sign in at the dashboard. If you are adding another player on the same console, exit to dashboard and then sign in.
~Make sure you don't turn off while game is loading or saving

I really hope they can patch this because this means many cheevo hunters will not be able to complete them on their main profile.

Last edited by Dayam; 10-08-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Adding information
Dayam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
SARGEHALO666

iBornstellar's Gamercard
Oh, dammit!

Main reason I didn't get Seriously 2.0 was 'cause that happened to me in Gears 2. It better not happen again!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
Watty8883

Watty8883's Gamercard
Keeps happening to me too.My achievements arent getting saved but my rank and campaign progress is.I am on act 4 but the achievement stat tracker only says I have done act 1 and 2.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
Red Cooley

add save corruption to the list as well. I just had my save get corrupted or overwritten and lost all my progress. It shows up in stats but the save is gone so I need to start over.

No response from Epic as usual.
Red Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
Dayam

dayamazn's Gamercard
Just found a solution. It's not mine. Was found here

Now on with the fix:

1. Move your affected profile onto an external device e.g. USB thumb drive, along with your saves.
2. Clear your system cache
3. Load up Gears while signed into your affected profile, and as soon as you see the EPIC logo, unplug the USB drive (You will get a message asking you to plug it back in, IGNORE THIS!)
4. Hit start, and check your stats, you should have lost all your collectibles. This is a sign to show it has worked.
5. Plug your USB drive back in and try loading up a game of anything, it should no longer freeze!

Good Luck!!

Also, is there a way to edit the thread title? not the one at the top of this page, but the one leading here?

Last edited by Dayam; 10-08-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Dayam is offline   Reply With Quote