PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men: Destiny
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #31
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I can confirm that all the x-genes are random. You can keep repeating challenges and it will give you a different one everytime. I have gotten nearly all the achievements besides grinding ones and am working on a tiny guide at the moment. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks to Gackt
koopakiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #32
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Regarding Random Genes:

Finished the game last night, and toward the end there were two X-Genes that came up as "XP Mutator". It was not among the Suits/Offensive/Defensive/Utility as something to equip; I was hoping it meant I'd get double XP or something. I'd guess it gave me a one-time load of XP, but I wasn't watching my total well enough to notice.

It just struck me that I did not see it all game long, and then twice toward the end. It may be that it gets added to the random list as you close in on having every item.

General advice for the guide: it will probably hard to offer gameplay advice considering how the power choices make the game quite different, but there are definitely X-Genes that make a big difference.

I've read that you only have to do the last mission on X-Treme to get the Omega achievement, but even if just for that mission: the Northstar utility was huge for me. Maxed out, you can fly, and moving around that way made me very hard to hit. You hold down RT and press A, then continue to hold down RT, which frees up your thumb to rotate your view and find where Bastion is appearing. I believe the Magneto Utility might work similarly; I haven't explored the other fast-movement options.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #33
Haff

STABYOULJACKSON's Gamercard
Alright well ive played that mission with juggernaut for about the 8th time and ive clicked juggernaut smash up everytime and he never offers me a mission, and i have plenty of brotherhood faction points. I am pretty much stuck, as thats the last achievement i need. Looks like ill be ending this one with a 950 score
Haff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #34
Saracin

Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via MSN to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haff View Post
Alright well ive played that mission with juggernaut for about the 8th time and ive clicked juggernaut smash up everytime and he never offers me a mission, and i have plenty of brotherhood faction points. I am pretty much stuck, as thats the last achievement i need. Looks like ill be ending this one with a 950 score
I was having problems with this and just got it. Did you try going back to mission 5 and fighting Hodge and choosing to go see the Brotherhood? I tried other things, but after doing that Juggy was kind enough to let me pummel some folks with him.

And I'd probably say for the first playthrough go Brotherhood as much as possible. The Xmen don't seem to care about you working with them, but sadly the reverse is not true. Then you can always redo chapter 6 into 7 for the X-men related stuff.

Last edited by Saracin; 09-30-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Saracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:38 AM   #35
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koopakiller64 View Post
I can confirm that all the x-genes are random. You can keep repeating challenges and it will give you a different one everytime. I have gotten nearly all the achievements besides grinding ones and am working on a tiny guide at the moment. Let me know if you need anything.
Im not sure about this. I ended the game at 43/45 and 15/19 for genes and suits, and played through every chapter and challenge on both sides picking up every X-Gene/Mutator I came across. I am sure there is a method to it somehow, although probably not a very good one. I picked up about 50+Mutators looking for my Psylocke Offensive, and it never showed up til very late in like my 4th playthrough in a spot I don't remember ever checking.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:07 AM   #36
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
I think you must Replay the game straight Brotherhood. If Mystique is not at the beginning of your chapter 6, you cannot get the Juggernaut challenge.

If Cyclops is not at the beginning of your chapter 6, then you cannot get the Northstar challenge.

I tried several times like you to get the Northstar challenge. I gained at least 70 percent X-men standing and nothing. Then I choose in my game plus to go to Cyclops instead of Mystique and I was able to finish my Northstar challenge.

However, I had to replay part of the game until that challenge unlocked. If this is true and I am correct then this game cannot be completed on a single play-through.
Epsilon 616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:33 AM   #37
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon 616 View Post
I think you must Replay the game straight Brotherhood. If Mystique is not at the beginning of your chapter 6, you cannot get the Juggernaut challenge.

If Cyclops is not at the beginning of your chapter 6, then you cannot get the Northstar challenge.

I tried several times like you to get the Northstar challenge. I gained at least 70 percent X-men standing and nothing. Then I choose in my game plus to go to Cyclops instead of Mystique and I was able to finish my Northstar challenge.

However, I had to replay part of the game until that challenge unlocked. If this is true and I am correct then this game cannot be completed on a single play-through.
So a playthrough and a half? Which is the sooner challenge, Brotherhood or Xmen?
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:52 AM   #38
Alchemical

AlchemicalWar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haff View Post
See thats what i dont get, i have the brotherhood faction points, yet when i run into juggy it gives me 3 things i can talk to him about, one is power, one is juggernaut, and one is juggernauts smash up or something, but none of them lead to a mission. I end up saying goodbye and he runs off and disappears. Ive run through it 3 seperate times and still nothing. This one, the achievement for killing 2000 purifyers, and 20 enforcers are the last achievements i need.
I had this problem but with the Northstar challenge in this chapter. What worked for me and I believe is the way to correct this in either scenario is replay the chapter before hand and when Nightcrawler asks where u want to go at the very end tell him either Mystique( for the Juggernaut) or Cyclops ( for Northstar). Hope that works for everyone.
Alchemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:53 AM   #39
Alchemical

AlchemicalWar's Gamercard
Sry didn't see you guys already had that up there
Alchemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:57 AM   #40
DragonusDarque

DarqueDragon143's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post
You say No Cheats, but IGN just posted these:

Unlockable Suits (Pre-Order Bonuses)
In the main menu, enter the following codes on the D-Pad to unlock additional suits.
  • Emma Frost Suits - UP, DOWN, LEFT, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
  • Juggernaut Suits - Hold LB+RB and press DOWN, RIGHT, UP, LEFT, Y, B

Does anyone know if they will disable achievements?
Actually, those aren't preorder suits. Emma might be, but I got Juggernaut's suit after helping with his challenge near the end.
DragonusDarque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #41
zerolimitz12

Ahkamon's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
You say No Cheats, but IGN just posted these:

Unlockable Suits (Pre-Order Bonuses)
In the main menu, enter the following codes on the D-Pad to unlock additional suits.
  • Emma Frost Suits - UP, DOWN, LEFT, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
  • Juggernaut Suits - Hold LB+RB and press DOWN, RIGHT, UP, LEFT, Y, B

Does anyone know if they will disable achievements?
thank you!
zerolimitz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #42
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
You must enter these codes at the start menu. This at the very first screen you see. You will hear a confirmation noise.

Emma Frost Suit Hold and and press
Juggernaut Suit Hold and and press

The Emma Frost Suit code in previous posts was not working. They are the same codes posted by IGN, which seem to be wrong. The one I just posted worked for me.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 09-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #43
Saracin

Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via MSN to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
So a playthrough and a half? Which is the sooner challenge, Brotherhood or Xmen?
The Mystique Challenge is on the 3rd level, so like I said in my earlier post, just go Brotherhood the first time, then when you want the other achievements, first replay Mission 2 choosing to help the X-Men, then replay 5 and 6 choosing X-Men after the boss fights and then finally doing 7 to get Fist of the...

From what I can tell, the meter really doesn't mean anything, its all about the actually choices. If you went X-men already though and didn't get Mystique, just redo Mission 2, she's at the start of Mission 3 so its not a hike to get that, and just do the last steps choosing instead to go Brotherhood.

The choice at the end of Chapter 5 seems to be what decides the challenge you can do in Mission 6, Juggy or Northstar, and that seems to be what holds up people getting all 15 challenges, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mystiques challenge is activated by who you help at the end of Mission 2.

Last edited by Saracin; 09-30-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #44
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
Quote:
Northstar challenge appears right before Juggernaut. When he helps you and Caliban picking the third dialogue choice, "Northstar's Mission". This only works when Cyclops is present at the beginning.

Juggernaut appears almost directly after Northstar and you must pick his third dialogue opition as well, "Juggernaut Smash". This only works when Mystique is present at the beginning.

Quote:
I had this problem but with the Northstar challenge in this chapter. What worked for me and I believe is the way to correct this in either scenario is replay the chapter before hand and when Nightcrawler asks where u want to go at the very end tell him either Mystique( for the Juggernaut) or Cyclops ( for Northstar). Hope that works for everyone.
This confirms what I've just said, however, he explains a workaround of sorts. I'm going to test this tonight.

Quote:
Another Shrimp on the Barbie15 Stop Pyro from being mind-controlled.

Fist of the...15 Stop Northstar from being mind-controlled.
These two achievements are also dependent on standing at the end of the game in mission 7. If you are playing Brotherhood, Then Pyro is fought. If you are playing X-men, Northstar is fought.

I would guess that you must do a partial playthough or mission select. However, siding with Cyclops over Magneto in mission select in the previous mission did not help me get the later achievement.

These achievements may be the decision you make at the end of chapter 5, telling Nightcrawler to teleport you to Mystique for Brotherhood or Cyclops for X-men. Again, I'm going to test this out later.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #45
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
1.5 Sounds about right. Having gone X-Men the first time through, I got 100% last night by replaying:

Mission 2 (full mission)
Choose between helping Nightcrawler or Mystique & Pyro
Choose between Helping Cyclops, Iceman & emmo Frost or Pyro, Juggernaut & Quicksilver
Mission 3 (Just the very beginning)
Get Mystique's challenge (note: get to a save point afterward if you don't complete the challenge)
Mission 5 (full mission)
Making opposite choices during and after boss fight so that...
Mission 6 (full mission)
...the Juggernaut/Northstar challenge will be available.
Play through the end to join the opposite team.
Mission 7 (A few minutes in)
Get the Pyro/Northstar"mind-controlled" achievement

So that's 3 full mission replays, and two others where you can quit out very early.

All of these have their opposite-team counterpart...except the Mystique challenge in Mission 3...? Does that mean the Guide should suggest Brotherhood for the first playthrough, since it saves you a tiny bit of replay?
Old 09-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #46
Fang Ma Guo Lai

Fang Ma Guo Lai's Gamercard
Quote:
You must enter these codes at the start menu. This at the very first screen you see. You will hear a confirmation noise.

Emma Frost Suit Hold and and press
Juggernaut Suit Hold and and press

The Emma Frost Suit code in previous posts was not working. They are the same codes posted by IGN, which seem to be wrong. The one I just posted worked for me.
You can get both suits by just playing. Neither is anything special.
Fang Ma Guo Lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #47
Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang Ma Guo Lai View Post
You can get both suits by just playing. Neither is anything special.
Yes, but there is a chance that having them early can get you an achievement faster. For instance my first complete set was the Juggernaut. Did entering the cheat make a huge difference? Not really since I had several complete sets by the end of the game with little grinding, but its nice to get something out of the way early.

Also there are some people who will ask if there are any cheats and if they affect getting achievements, so its always a good idea pointing them out to answer those questions.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #48
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
gameplay

Does this play like Ultimate Alliance?

DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #49
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
Quote:
Does this play like Ultimate Alliance?
Yes and no. It has a simlar combo system, however, you don't change characters and its more of an action RPG. Its very much like Fable to me in terms of gameplay. Simple controls, and easy enemies.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #50
zerolimitz12

Ahkamon's Gamercard
almost done with my second run thru the game but some achievements still not unlocked. defeat 30 U-Men? says i only did 25
Old 09-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #51
zerolimitz12

Ahkamon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon 616 View Post
Yes and no. It has a simlar combo system, however, you don't change characters and its more of an action RPG. Its very much like Fable to me in terms of gameplay. Simple controls, and easy enemies.
feels kinda like star wars forced unleash. but that my opinion
Old 10-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #52
zerolimitz12

Ahkamon's Gamercard
game is sooooo easy. but the hardest achievement is "Can i get a Valkyrie?" Just hate dying....
Old 10-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #53
kunocorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolimitz12 View Post
game is sooooo easy. but the hardest achievement is "Can i get a Valkyrie?" Just hate dying....
I found the easiest way is to plug in a controller and fight the sentinel. It will keep killing you without you having to touch the controller. It kills you about one time every minute using this method, just make sure you check every now and then so your system doesn't shut off from inactivity.

kunocorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #54
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Holy triple post Batman.

Deaths is my last achievement. Ive had 1000 since wednesday. This is probably a "worst achievement" contender IMHO. I played through the game about 5 times and probably died maybe 15 times or so, including all the challenges multiple times on X-Treme 4 of my 5 plays. (It isn't hard, but sometimes you just get caught) I was going to try falling 100 times, but I don't think that counts as a death. I really wish they had that as a stat so you could track it.

As for playing like UA. Kind of, although you are 1 character throughout the game, and it is a bit more dynamic combat, but pretty similar.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 10-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #55
Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
Holy triple post Batman.

Deaths is my last achievement. Ive had 1000 since wednesday. This is probably a "worst achievement" contender IMHO. I played through the game about 5 times and probably died maybe 15 times or so, including all the challenges multiple times on X-Treme 4 of my 5 plays. (It isn't hard, but sometimes you just get caught) I was going to try falling 100 times, but I don't think that counts as a death. I really wish they had that as a stat so you could track it.
Yeah, I just started up the last level on the highest difficulty with my controller plugged in and then spent some time looking at achievements for upcoming games while refreshing my achievement list on Xbox.com every few minutes. lol

Old 10-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #56
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Sadly, I think some of you may have been confused on what I asked.

I asked if all X-Genes were random in the fact of where they appear. I did not mean random as what they were. That had already been confirmed. Therefore, I had not been taking still shots of the X-Genes but luckily wrote where I found them anyways.

So in conclusion, the X-Genes are always in the same spots, just not always the same X-Gene. I guess this doesn't matter too much, as from what I have read, re-doing challenges will get you X-Genes...or was that wrong too?

Xbox360 games I have
Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #57
Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Quote:
Sadly, I think some of you may have been confused on what I asked.

I asked if all X-Genes were random in the fact of where they appear. I did not mean random as what they were. That had already been confirmed. Therefore, I had not been taking still shots of the X-Genes but luckily wrote where I found them anyways.

So in conclusion, the X-Genes are always in the same spots, just not always the same X-Gene. I guess this doesn't matter too much, as from what I have read, re-doing challenges will get you X-Genes...or was that wrong too?
No, you will although after a while you'll only get XPMutators. I think each X-Gene is put in a category of Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra Rare and the odds of getting them changes based on the difficulty of the challenge or Mission, although I'm not sure if difficulty level also affects those odds.

For instance when I was mopping up achievements, I wasn't getting any new X-Genes from early Challenges, but when I went to Mission 6 to do some things, I got one or two new X-Genes.

Of course this is how it appeared to me, so I could be mistaken.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #58
SteamboatWi11y

Send a message via MSN to SteamboatWi11y

Steamboat Wi11y's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1
A note for grinding out kills, using the challenges from the secret lab were the best route I found. Doing the Surge challenge for Stalkers also had a U-Man, then did the U-Man challenge to finish up the 30 which has 7 in it. Then the Colossus/Pyro Challenge has 100 enemies (Purifier and 1 Prime enforcer) so gets the 2k Purifier kills quick while getting the remainder of the 20 Enforcer kills you need.
One thing that I found for the MRD kills, after your faction comes to join you on the last stage before you climb the tower(communication tower not the sentinel tower), it seemed that they would respawn infinately. Can someone else confirm this? The part I mean is after the last challenge with Forge, there is a small area with a De-generator with 4 floating bolt throwing enemies, you fight alone at first then, three members (X-men or Brotherhood depends on your choice) show up and a Prime Enforcer is seen in the scene when they come running in. After you kill all the required enemies they tell you go after Reyes, and they will hold them off, I stayed there and enemies never stopped spawning. I used this for my MRD kills, but if you aren't on a playthrough and just want a quick Challenge for clean up you can do the Forge Challenge which has 100 enemies for the MRD while you are protecting the hacked stalker.

Special Thanks to MabusScarab for the Signature
SteamboatWi11y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #59
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Quote:
1.5 Sounds about right. Having gone X-Men the first time through, I got 100% last night by replaying:

Mission 2 (full mission)
Choose between helping Nightcrawler or Mystique & Pyro
Choose between Helping Cyclops, Iceman & emmo Frost or Pyro, Juggernaut & Quicksilver
Mission 3 (Just the very beginning)
Get Mystique's challenge (note: get to a save point afterward if you don't complete the challenge)
Mission 5 (full mission)
Making opposite choices during and after boss fight so that...
Mission 6 (full mission)
...the Juggernaut/Northstar challenge will be available.
Play through the end to join the opposite team.
Mission 7 (A few minutes in)
Get the Pyro/Northstar"mind-controlled" achievement

So that's 3 full mission replays, and two others where you can quit out very early.

All of these have their opposite-team counterpart...except the Mystique challenge in Mission 3...? Does that mean the Guide should suggest Brotherhood for the first playthrough, since it saves you a tiny bit of replay?
Thankyou. The most useful post in this thread. Basically telling people who've finished the game once, exactly which mission to replay for all challenges.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #60
LAFTA

LAFTA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Thankyou. The most useful post in this thread. Basically telling people who've finished the game once, exactly which mission to replay for all challenges.
I tried this and it didn't work. You can't do Mystiques challenge unless you have brotherhood faction points. This means playing from level 1 as on level select you don't keep your faction standing.

I assume this could be the same with the Juggernaut challenge.
LAFTA is offline   Reply With Quote