PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men: Destiny
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #61
SteamboatWi11y

Send a message via MSN to SteamboatWi11y

Steamboat Wi11y's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFTA View Post
I tried this and it didn't work. You can't do Mystiques challenge unless you have brotherhood faction points. This means playing from level 1 as on level select you don't keep your faction standing.

I assume this could be the same with the Juggernaut challenge.
If you followed the steps it works perfectly. Playthrough the game once, select one faction, then load the missions as specified and playthrough them as directed selecting the opposite factions.
This will give you the faction standing needed to obtain the later challenges.

Special Thanks to MabusScarab for the Signature
SteamboatWi11y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #62
LAFTA

LAFTA's Gamercard
Like I said, it didn't work for me.

I had to continue from the main menu and play through to the first choice (mission 2). Choose Mystique, then I could quit out and load level 3 from the level select. Then mystique would offer the mission.

Loading mission 2 then loading mission 3 doesn't give you the faction points. You have to play from the first level through to make the first choice then quit after the save.
LAFTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #63
NativeMilk

What are the best levels/challenges to get the most Enforcer, Stalker and U-Men kills on?

BTW, I only just noticed, but if you complete the game, you unlock the Vintage First Class costume. You're not actually notified, but it's there.
NativeMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #64
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Just quick to confirm:

Shock and Awe

You can also get this achievement if you let Cameron Hodge surrender, right?
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #65
Fang Ma Guo Lai

Fang Ma Guo Lai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Just quick to confirm:

Shock and Awe

Yes. /10chars
Fang Ma Guo Lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #66
Cody C

CoDy C's Gamercard
Is there a challenge where enforcers are? I can't find them anywhere last achieve I need errrr
Cody C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #67
booster17

Boost17's Gamercard
The Vintage Suit unlocks if you beat the 200 grunts during the credit sequence.

I used the ninth challenge (Quicksilver) to farm the Prime Enforcers, and the eighth (Surge) for the Stalkers. The U-Men challenge itself is the seventh.
booster17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #68
XY Gameboi4Ever

XY Gameboi4Ever's Gamercard
I finished this game yesterday. I wish I had known a way to do unlock all the challenges without 2 playthroughs. I kept trying to keep a balance and at the end I'd get Northstar's and not Juggernaut's or vice versa. Its short but, since you can't skip scenes, all the replays I did killed the game for me. Everytime I replayed a mission for other faction points I never gained any. But that's over now.

I'm surprised at how easy it was to find everything though. All the dossiers, propaganda, and challenges weren't that hard to find. The challenges just required a bit extra. The game was pretty good, but so not the X-Men Legends I wanted it to be. When this guide is complete it should have a lot of good info. I wish I had gone through these forum posts beforehand. Its been a while since I played a game without someone having a full achievement guide for it. I'm glad I can still do a few things on my own... but the game wasn't that hard after all.

Roxy held me down and forced me to drink bleach while singing "I'm A Little Teapot." Then I had to write an 30 page essay on double posting being a gateway into terrorism.... I learned my lesson. She broke my nose and told me to kick rocks anyways.
XY Gameboi4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #69
SteamboatWi11y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody C View Post
Is there a challenge where enforcers are? I can't find them anywhere last achieve I need errrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeMilk View Post
What are the best levels/challenges to get the most Enforcer, Stalker and U-Men kills on?

BTW, I only just noticed, but if you complete the game, you unlock the Vintage First Class costume. You're not actually notified, but it's there.
It has already been posted in this same thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamboatWi11y View Post
A note for grinding out kills, using the challenges from the secret lab were the best route I found. Doing the Surge challenge for Stalkers also had a U-Man, then did the U-Man challenge to finish up the 30 which has 7 in it. Then the Colossus/Pyro Challenge has 100 enemies (Purifier and 1 Prime enforcer) so gets the 2k Purifier kills quick while getting the remainder of the 20 Enforcer kills you need.
One thing that I found for the MRD kills, after your faction comes to join you on the last stage before you climb the tower(communication tower not the sentinel tower), it seemed that they would respawn infinately. Can someone else confirm this? The part I mean is after the last challenge with Forge, there is a small area with a De-generator with 4 floating bolt throwing enemies, you fight alone at first then, three members (X-men or Brotherhood depends on your choice) show up and a Prime Enforcer is seen in the scene when they come running in. After you kill all the required enemies they tell you go after Reyes, and they will hold them off, I stayed there and enemies never stopped spawning. I used this for my MRD kills, but if you aren't on a playthrough and just want a quick Challenge for clean up you can do the Forge Challenge which has 100 enemies for the MRD while you are protecting the hacked stalker.
Quote:
Just quick to confirm:

Shock and Awe

Also yes because he doesn't actually surrender.

Last edited by SteamboatWi11y; 10-05-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #70
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Okay cool, I didn't notice you talking about the infinite spawns but I can edit that specific level in (I did a video of it but haven't uploaded yet). Looks like we found the same good spot!

It does't give you XP though.

I noticed this with Mission 2 as well, but not needed.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:33 AM   #71
SteamboatWi11y

Quote:
Okay cool, I didn't notice you talking about the infinite spawns but I can edit that specific level in (I did a video of it but haven't uploaded yet). Looks like we found the same good spot!

It does't give you XP though.

I noticed this with Mission 2 as well, but not needed.
Yeah they don't give any xp in either location but they add to your kill count. Just saves time for the MRD kills so you can skip repeating extra challenges, and it is after the Forge Challenge, so that is a good thing no extra time wasted hunting since that would give you an additional 100 possible kills before getting there.
Optimum playthrough would be: X-men Faction > get all x-men related challenges > get the MRD achievement > kill Bastion > Use the reload mission method > unlock the rest of the challenges, get faction/story related achievements > grind kills on challenges since you should be pretty much done with everything else by this point > using the Difficulty trick load the last stage let bastion kill you for the deaths achievement (found he killed me faster than sentinel) > beat Bastion. That should be every achievement in one go basically.
Intial Faction choice doesn't matter I don't think unless you need Xmen for the Forge challenge.
And the xp thing isn't an issue, using the same character from one playthrough + all the challenge grinding will net you xp in excess to what is needed just for achievements.
I think after all was said and done I had 300k? extra and I had most of the X-genes full and my RT+B power was maxed as well.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:03 AM   #72
nateeasy

nateeasy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How can I go back and do challenges I missed. Mystique wont let me do her challenge. Is there an easy way to change sides?
nateeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:27 AM   #73
SteamboatWi11y

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateeasy View Post
How can I go back and do challenges I missed. Mystique wont let me do her challenge. Is there an easy way to change sides?
Complete the game. Then you have the option of loading a chapter or challenge.
Tip: Don't skip out of the credits, Kill at least 200 enemies.
If you started as Xmen faction on the first playthrough you "may" need to load chapter one till you encounter Pyro so you can gain some brotherhood faction points.
Tyger's guide for the achievements is excellent and spot on. If you are lost a bit or not sure what to do next check the roadmap > follow the steps and get the achievements related to each step.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:35 AM   #74
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Yes, I was able to max not only all my initial powers and another one from a different choice, but then all my suits and genes. Though I stopped getting suits and genes, maybe because I kept replying challenges.

All in all, I completely enjoyed my experience with this game. I was never bored and it was a short but sweet run through.

I absolutely loved the suits/x-gene situations. It was fun mixing them. I can only imagine it was probably cooler to play the other powers. Maybe there will be DLC. I will get back to work and finish this guide off after Rage collectible guide.

** One thing I'd like to say, is I really appreciate everyone's feedback and comments. They helped a lot, and the discussion has helped improve the guide. You guys saved me some serious playtime!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #75
blackbrainCL

blackbrainCL's Gamercard
on Fist of the... you wrote Pyro and is Northstar who u ve to help
blackbrainCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #76
WIng Zero Pilot

Berserker Armor's Gamercard
Such an easy 1000. I'll have it done in the next 20 min.
WIng Zero Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #77
thereefernander

thereefernander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Hey Tyger, I ran into a problem. I played the game on my own and took the X-men path so I had full alignment. I wasn't able to get Mystique or Juggernaut's challenges because I needed Brotherhood alignment. Mystique's I was able to get by selecting continue on the load screen and starting the "New Game+" and re-setting my alignment then I just went to the third level and got it. But for Juggernaut's I'm not sure how far up it had to be but a little or none wasn't enough. I had to play from level 2-6 just to be sure I had enough to get his challenge. Maybe put that in there for someone that went with the X-men alignment so they don't waste a bunch of time replaying levels that they didn't have to.

thereefernander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #78
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereefernander View Post
Hey Tyger, I ran into a problem. I played the game on my own and took the X-men path so I had full alignment. I wasn't able to get Mystique or Juggernaut's challenges because I needed Brotherhood alignment. Mystique's I was able to get by selecting continue on the load screen and starting the "New Game+" and re-setting my alignment then I just went to the third level and got it. But for Juggernaut's I'm not sure how far up it had to be but a little or none wasn't enough. I had to play from level 2-6 just to be sure I had enough to get his challenge. Maybe put that in there for someone that went with the X-men alignment so they don't waste a bunch of time replaying levels that they didn't have to.
Sure, maybe if someone else wants to confirm what exact levels have to be played or something. Did you try just doing the levels mentioned? I figured that would have worked.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #79
SteamboatWi11y

Quote:
Sure, maybe if someone else wants to confirm what exact levels have to be played or something. Did you try just doing the levels mentioned? I figured that would have worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post
Mission 2 (full mission)
Choose between helping Nightcrawler or Mystique & Pyro
Choose between Helping Cyclops, Iceman & emma Frost or Pyro, Juggernaut & Quicksilver
Mission 3 (Just the very beginning)
Get Mystique's challenge (note: get to a save point afterward if you don't complete the challenge)
Mission 5 (full mission)
Making opposite choices during and after boss fight so that...
Mission 6 (full mission)
...the Juggernaut/Northstar challenge will be available.
Play through the end to join the opposite team.
Mission 7 (A few minutes in)
Get the Pyro/Northstar"mind-controlled" achievement
If you started as brotherhood, do this ^, if you started as Xmen, do this but start with a mission 1. Make sure you accept pyro's challenge before you encounter Nightcrawler and Mystique. Then select Mystique to help Pyro again. This should set you up for the rest of the guide and the Juggernaut Challenge.
If this didn't get you the faction needed for some reason play the Secret Lab Mission(mission 4 I think?) don't help Surge and when prompted help Quicksilver, fight the boss and choose to give Gambit the harvested genes. Shouldn't need this but posting it as an additional way to earn some faction points.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:52 AM   #80
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I tried the load last mission method, but am having problems beating even the first batch of bots. I'm on next to no M power.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #81
Fried Cola

Good guide Tyger 7. Couple of suggestions tho:

Quote:
Enforcers (Challenge 9): This enemy is a mech with a force field around it. You must destroy the force field before it's health can be depleted. The only challenge these appear on is 9.
challenge mode is an awful way to get 'reinforced' because it takes too long to fight that 1 enforcer, and your jerkass AI partner can steal your kill.

quickest way to get it is to replay the final chapter. The first half of it has 5 and you can quit out after you kill them all and your stats should be saved.

also, a super effective method for taking prime enforcers down is to select Shadow Matter as your mutant power and I don't remember what its called, but the one power attributed to the Y button that turns you into a carpet of spikes absolutely destroys them, walker mechs, and most bosses when maxxed out. Each phase of the final boss can be defeated before he finishes his first attack on hardest difficulty even.

no random friend requests accepted.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:14 AM   #82
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Cola View Post
Good guide Tyger 7. Couple of suggestions tho:

challenge mode is an awful way to get 'reinforced' because it takes too long to fight that 1 enforcer, and your jerkass AI partner can steal your kill.

quickest way to get it is to replay the final chapter. The first half of it has 5 and you can quit out after you kill them all and your stats should be saved.

also, a super effective method for taking prime enforcers down is to select Shadow Matter as your mutant power and I don't remember what its called, but the one power attributed to the Y button that turns you into a carpet of spikes absolutely destroys them, walker mechs, and most bosses when maxxed out. Each phase of the final boss can be defeated before he finishes his first attack on hardest difficulty even.
I really don't remember fighting 5 in any chapter! I may have seen 2 max anytime in the game. Anyone else confirm this method?

Also I would love to involve powers within the guide, but there are 3 characters and multiple choices on those powers. Need of the many versus need of the few

Last edited by Tyger7; 10-18-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #83
Fried Cola

edit: I guess I should clarify its chapter 7. Not really the final chapter. Reason I keep thinking and calling it the final one is from the actual last chapter isn't much more than the final boss fight. =\ sorry if I confused anyone.

Quote:
I really don't remember fighting 5 in any chapter!
The scars are fresh enough in my mind that I can remember where all 5 are. Playing the final chapter, you fight 1 while assisting Pyro or North Star, fight 2 when assisting Gambit, & fight 2 more in the construction yard dead-end right as the brotherhood or x-men bust through the gate to assist you. Again, you have to be careful your AI allies don't steal the kills. Anyone should be able to confirm this and that it takes way less time than the challenge mode method.

Quote:
Also I would love to involve powers within the guide, but there are 3 characters and multiple choices on those powers. Need of the many versus need of the few
I got ya. just fyi, there is a shadow mutant power that makes you both invulnerable and deal area damage for 8 seconds. I'm not sure if there are equivalent powers for the other mutant sets, but it really breaks the game when it comes to big enemies including the final boss on the hardest difficulty (Sentinel is the only exception)

no random friend requests accepted.

Last edited by Fried Cola; 10-19-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #84
Phil the Bear

Phil the Bear's Gamercard
So, I accidentally selected easy mode on my new game+ and I am looking for suggestions on how not to have to play the whole game through again?

Thoughts I have had are -

Can I change it to hardest setting let it auto save by getting to a checkpoint, quit out and then load last mission?

Can I play through all the way to level 7, turn it to hard just before i finish it and do last mission on hard?

Any help appreciated.

Edit - Neither of these worked. New game + part 2 needed!

Last edited by Phil the Bear; 10-20-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Switching did not work
Phil the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #85
olcsi2

Oliverio's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The description of Magneto Is Right is incorrect. At least once I have chosen the Brotherhood I got the chance for the Another Shrimp achievement, not the one mentioned in the description. No big problem though (but still wrong).
olcsi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:37 AM   #86
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by olcsi2 View Post
The description of Magneto Is Right is incorrect. At least once I have chosen the Brotherhood I got the chance for the Another Shrimp achievement, not the one mentioned in the description. No big problem though (but still wrong).
Well technically I had the achievement descriptions right. What I messed up on was copy/pasting the "note" I had on them. I just accidently mixed the notes. Thanks for pointing out the error, I switched them.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 AM   #87
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Alpha Level Mutant 50
Finish the game on X-Man difficulty.

See "Omega Level Mutant" achievement description.

Omega Level Mutant 50
Finish the game on X-treme difficulty.

These difficulty achievements will stack! You can start at this difficulty right away if you want, but it would likely cause you to play more hours in the game than needed. You can if you want, but instead, there is luckily a trick like in many other games where you only need to play the last level on the hardest setting.

Step 1: Beat game on easy
Step 2: Continue from menu. Select hardest difficulty.
Step 3: Exit back to menu after game starts. Load up Mission 8.
Step 4: Beat the last level

Hints for X-treme (Mission 8)

Do not use your powers, save it. It's best to have Wolverine's defense X-gene to give you one more health bar as well as health regen. You will need to level it up.

Groups of Enemies: You will want to use attacks and dodge when things get shot at you. Be careful, one or two hits can put you in a really bad situation. Focus on enemies that use projectiles.

Sentinel: This was the hardest part in my opinion. It's somewhat of a struggle up the building, but there's no real trick but to keep jumping and watching your timing. As far as the boss goes, it's best to have your power bar full if you can. If you have it, equip Quicksilver's X-gene set. When the sentinel's chest opens, press and start attacking. You may also choose to use Wolverine's set. This will let you heal quicker and do more damage, so you would want to wait for when you needed it. You will probably die a whole lot here, but you'll start to get used to the attacks. They are the same every time you play. When the sentinel puts the energy bombs on the ground, you can still attack his chest on the side when he puts one in front of him. You will very much want Wolverine's defensive gene for this fight!

Bastion: Not as tough as a fight once you get the hang of the attack patterns. If you have Quicksilver's Utility gene and have maxed out all levels, you will be in extremely good shape! It will allow you to make short work of the teleporting. If not, most other utilities will work for speed. Once you get him to his 3rd time for repairing shield, you'll hopefully have 4 bars of power. Activate your ultra power and finish him off..
I just wanted to let you know that the quicksilver utility was extremely helpful. I used the energy projection mutation. colossus offensive wolverine defensive and quicksilvers speed. After a quite a few tires using Magneto's flying utlity i switched to quicksilver and had it done in 4 tries.

Now i don't know if i messed up or you used the extra M-power bars. After the 3rd repair, the magma powers i didn't deplete his sheild all the way down when i used my Ultra power but it didn't take down his health all the way i had to fight to get back the (cosmic slam?) you jump in the air and pound the ground for an area effect.

But really thanks for the quicksilver tip that helped a whole lot. 1k is done

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #88
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks for the guide Tyger, great work keep it up it's very much appreciated.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:21 AM   #89
lewgiffard

Lewgiffard's Gamercard
Really appreciate your effort on the guide, thank you! Easy 1000G!
lewgiffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #90
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
A big help for me during the Sentinel fight was to hit his arms when he tries to hit you with them. The little bit you can get from that makes the fight a lot less frustrating.

Method is offline   Reply With Quote