PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Blue Of Hearts

Blue of Hearts's Gamercard
Facts about BF3. Not my post.

I read this on the EA site forums, and I haven't done the research for myself, but I see multiple people saying they did for all this information, I will post this here for everyone too see.

Okay guys, the beta for me is going great. I love the direction DICE is going in, and most of the bugs and s* people complain about has already been fixed(Basis comes via DICE employees twitter
s, news, etc.)

One thing that had originally left me concerned was the graphics though. But i rest at-ease knowing the following facts:

(Please link all the noobs that say Bf3 on consoles is gonna look like crap.)

FACT 1:
The so called "Beta" version we're running right now is actually just an optimized Alpha version. All Alpha players can back me up on this one, and it makes since, when you consider the software is being released to millions of people. Release the most solid version. This also allows them to fit into the next fact(size wise).

FACT 2:
The Console graphics have been compressed, polygons removed, Audio compressed, lighting & particle effects turned down, and motion blur removed. This has already been confirmed by DICE via twitter. But why? Because the big two (M & S) place shy under 2gb file size limits on downloads of this type. You can also look at the PS3 footage on Jimmy Fallon release MONTHS ago, that looks on the verge of TWICE better than the s* graphics present in this beta. (For reference the pc version is borderline 4gb, so the current build DICE has for consoles is around 3-3.5gb). Expect it to look on the graphical level of Crysis 2 - very smooth, with better effects.

FACT 3:
PS3 version & 360 version will be identical upon release. The only differences in them now remain in the fact that the PS3 version, texture wise, is less watered down. Also the lighting system is further along. You must remember that earlier DICE themselves said that the Xbox 360 would be getting its own lighting system. My take is that we haven't even seen this yet, and as i said before, are just playing an optimized Alpha build. Which would mean lighting on 360 version in this beta is gonna be worse, because Frostbite 2.0's original lighting system doesn't perform as well on 360.

FACT 4:
Absence of a leap in destruction technology over BC2...or any destruction at all. This is also a beta specific issue. DICE has reported that alot of destruction, most prominently terrain destruction, has been turned OFF for the beta. Yes off....just more proof that this beta is watered down to a pretty great extent graphical wise.

So yea, i think that basically address's all my concerns, and hopefully everyone else's too. So from now on lets focus more on the actual relevant game-play issues of the beta(Holes, Health, Damage, etc.)

I think this guy is telling the truth. What do you guys think?
Blue Of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Assuming all of this is fact (which I believe it to be, it makes sense anyway), it won't matter one bit to the haters. Haters gonna hate. Period.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Unfortunately, this will do nothing to appease the Ignorant masses who are Tearing the Game apart based on a months old, compressed Build of the Beta.

They'll just find some dumb excuse to try and justify their claims now that they are proven False with the Truth.

I for one have Thoroughly enjoyed the Beta, and Can not wait for the Actual Game.
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I have enjoyed the Beta, and I know I will enjoy the final product. Campaign Co-Op is a big plus. Also, the Battlelog is a nice feature that I will utilize. MP will always have the usual problems i.e. bush wookies, spawn campers etc. etc.. But I still/will enjoy it.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

We shall see. This does sound like a fanboy grasping for something to justify the beta, however.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
All of the points in that post are reassuring, but it doesn't change the fact that I think that the game feels and plays more like Rainbow Six or MoH now. I simply don't like the feel of the controls, the movements and the aiming. Maybe that will be more refined in the final release. Only time will tell. The bottom line is that based on what I've seen, I will most likely rent this to try it out before I drop $60 on it.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
All of the points in that post are reassuring, but it doesn't change the fact that I think that the game feels and plays more like Rainbow Six or MoH now.
I think that's just the way it is. This is the new "feel" of Battlefield, love it or hate it. I've grown somewhat used to it, but it's hard to get a handle on it when there's a bunch of glitches in this beta affecting how it feels.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

I can definitely see the similarities between this and MoH but that's to be expected.

If that list turns out to be true, it addresses all the issues I have with the beta. I just don't understand why they gave us a really old build when they could have given us a watered down updated build. Reinforces my belief that they were thoroughly unprepared for this beta.

Grey Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #9
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
i believe all of that.

and the 4 matches i've actually been able to play, i really enjoyed and actually made me really look forward to the game.

NO RANDOM XBL FRIEND REQUESTS PLEASE
neok182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Delta View Post
Reinforces my belief that they were thoroughly unprepared for this beta.
I think it was a case of, "Oh shit, we don't have it ready... but we promised them a beta. What do we do now?" In other words, if they hadn't promised one like a year ago, we probably never would have had a beta like this. It would have been a PC alpha and that would have been it.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
I think that's just the way it is. This is the new "feel" of Battlefield, love it or hate it. I've grown somewhat used to it, but it's hard to get a handle on it when there's a bunch of glitches in this beta affecting how it feels.
Ugh. Not all change is bad I suppose, but I'd rather spend $5 to rent this to make my final decision instead of spending $60 and being disappointed. In the meantime, I'll probably spend a bit more time with the "beta" and seeing if it grows on me.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
based on a months old, compressed Build of the Beta.
I understand that it's just a beta, or more like the alpha, but why would they even bother releasing it to the public if there are this many problems if they're trying to get more people to buy it? With this many problems, beta/alpha or not, it just made me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, want it a lot less. If they had released an actual up to date beta, I'm sure I would have wanted it a lot more.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
xDEATHDEALERSxx

xDEATHDEALERSxx's Gamercard
Quote:
Assuming all of this is fact (which I believe it to be, it makes sense anyway), it won't matter one bit to the haters. Haters gonna hate. Period.
I really really really hope this is all fact
xDEATHDEALERSxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #14
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Yeah, I hate those who say it sucks balls and "Oh, I'm gonna go cancel my pre-order, fucking DICE sucks, EA servers suck! CoD FTW!" I mean, okay, so what? It's a motherfucking beta, motherfucking bitch ass cunt bastards! Well, you can't even get them to understand that the retail version will NOT look like this. Hell, the beta looks insanely awesome, but things have been taken out.

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumMelanin View Post
It's a motherfucking beta, motherfucking bitch ass cunt bastards!
LMAO!
Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #16
ohno SAILORMOON

ohno SAILORMOON's Gamercard
Nice news to hear, so far I'm satisfied, anything added or improved is just icing haha, enjoying it so much right now the few errors and glitches don't really bother me.
ohno SAILORMOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #17
rc deaths agent

rc deaths agent's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
All of the points in that post are reassuring, but it doesn't change the fact that I think that the game feels and plays more like Rainbow Six or MoH now. I simply don't like the feel of the controls, the movements and the aiming. Maybe that will be more refined in the final release. Only time will tell. The bottom line is that based on what I've seen, I will most likely rent this to try it out before I drop $60 on it.
Quote:
I actually think it feels pretty much the same as BFBC2. As far as infantry gameplay it's really not that different. Moving and aiming seems good imo (the vault could use some work though). I jumped in and felt right at home with the way it handled. Add vehichles and crazy conquest maps and it's battlefield....i can't wait.
rc deaths agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #18
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
It all seems pretty irrelevant to me... Aside from maybe the destruction, it shouldn't really be a big deal.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #19
Blue Of Hearts

Blue of Hearts's Gamercard
Quote:
That's why I kinda posted this. I didn't wanna start conflict on my beliefs about the game, but I thought I'd post something I've seen on the interwebz to kinda make the haters read a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
Unfortunately, this will do nothing to appease the Ignorant masses who are Tearing the Game apart based on a months old, compressed Build of the Beta.

They'll just find some dumb excuse to try and justify their claims now that they are proven False with the Truth.

I for one have Thoroughly enjoyed the Beta, and Can not wait for the Actual Game.
People have no clue what's in store, that's the sad part. Justify all they want, they're just gonna end up buying the new and improved FPS shooter.
Blue Of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #20
StillTIPPIN187

The Sobriety's Gamercard

Why would you not release something that best represents how your game is played?

I can't comprehend that.. therefore, i can't believe this.

Has dice confirmed these Facts? specifically 1 and 2 since i can't see anything about them commenting on those..
Old 10-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #21
Explodius

Explodius's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTIPPIN187 View Post
Why would you not release something that best represents how your game is played?

I can't comprehend that.. therefore, i can't believe this.

Has dice confirmed these Facts? specifically 1 and 2 since i can't see anything about them commenting on those..
This. Why release an alpha version when you have a beta version ready? Sounds like an excuse to me, but only time will tell.
Explodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #22
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc deaths agent View Post
I actually think it feels pretty much the same as BFBC2. As far as infantry gameplay it's really not that different. Moving and aiming seems good imo (the vault could use some work though). I jumped in and felt right at home with the way it handled. Add vehichles and crazy conquest maps and it's battlefield....i can't wait.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I still say that this game play feels different than BFBC2 and BF Vietnam, both of which I am currently still playing.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #23
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
If all this is true, I'm happy, the game is going towards the right direction!

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote