PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men: Destiny
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
zerolimitz12

Ahkamon's Gamercard
What Could Improve this game?

More Story And Coop in my opinion. Game is kinda short and a little boring playing by myself
zerolimitz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Better graphics, actual character creation, more powers, different variety of enemies...a lot of things could be better!

Silicon Knights seem to love making having you kill the same things over and over again in waves. Oh well I just think if they are gonna get a license for something like X men, they should have put way more into it
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The thing that stands out most to me is Character customization. I know that had a very specific story to tell, but if that is the case, an Animated series would have done the job, and probably much better.

Longer game, better combos, tougher and more varied enemies (there was what 4 types of normal "soldiers" and 4-5 "other", skippable cutscenes, deeper "choice" options, co-op... Pretty much everything they did in this game needed to be done better. When you compare superhero games, look at Arkham Asylum, perhaps the greatest in history, then we get something like this for X-Men. Its like a bitchslap to the face of fans.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Saracin

Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via MSN to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
More X-men heroes and villians. More powers, I was actually hoping that I could 'inherit' the powers of different characters, maybe using the U-men extraction to allow me to create a multipowered superhero. Also a much more expanded world. Waaaaay to linear, wouldn't have minded the idea of using hub areas depending on the side you were fighting for and then going into areas from there to do missions.

Hmm, so yeah, basically something more like X-men Legends, but with a more impressive story and use of the universe. Instead I feel like it's Transformers Dark of the Moon. Wham, bam, where's my check?

Saracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
DanFlyhight

Send a message via Yahoo to DanFlyhight

Dan Flyhight's Gamercard
I agree Co-op would've been nice, but the biggest flaw I really noticed is the Silicon Knights didn't learn anything from Too Human. Bad camera, lame character customization, couldn't target an enemy worth anything. I've lost a lot of faith in Silicon Knights because of all this.
DanFlyhight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #6
Vegetacampbell

pretty much everything. bland graphics, stupid character models, boring combat. it feels like they knew if they just slapped the name xmen on it that this bs would sell. If this were any other game it wouldn't have sold well at all. I'm only at 200/1000g and having a hard time forcing my way through it. X-Men Destiny
Old 10-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #7
ThorAxe911

Send a message via AIM to ThorAxe911

ThorAxe911's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The game is by Silicon Knights, I knew this game was gonna be bad before it even came out.
40k Gamerscore! - 12/11/2011

Xbox #1: March 25th 2008 - February 15th 2009
Xbox #2: February 25th 2009 - ?

ThorAxe911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #8
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
there are hardly any redeeming factors at all in this. just rented it for as many achievements as i can get but dont think ill be getting all. i seem to have boned myself over in getting the one for beating on the highest difficulty but well see.

IMO even worse than the dull-at-best gameplay is the unskippable cutscenes. what is so damn hard for developers to figure out that gamers want the option to skip a cutscene we've see 5 times?! ill watch it the first time but after that, especially in a game that requires grinding, just take me to the action already!!

Last edited by shinobigarth; 10-17-2011 at 10:30 PM.
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Not enough room to add my opinions... Not a good game seeing what's either out now or coming out soon.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #10
TheUglyCasanova

TheUglyCasan0va's Gamercard
The only thing that could improve it...is never coming out.

Horrible excuse of a game. Another reason why I never give a penny to Activision.
TheUglyCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
BrenteusMaximus

BrenteusMaximus's Gamercard
Let's not forget the awful dialogue and voice acting that makes the infomercial-caliber actors in Two Worlds II sound like the Royal Shakespeare Society. Yet another reason they should really let us skip cutscenes.

I'm also not a fan of the lack of in-game explanation for the leveling system. I mean I've played enough rpgs and pseudo rpgs to figure it out, but the gf played it first and she couldn't figure it out at all. Not a great feature for a game that seems to have dumbed down the franchise and the rpg format to appeal to a wider audience. And considering they need an on-screen tooltip to explain how to jump, you'd think emma would send you some psychic instructions on how to bump up your skills.

BrenteusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote