PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-08-2011, 04:53 AM   #31
pyoobez

Moustachio's Gamercard
Hotel - Control Room can be missed as well due to co-op. It came up as my 71st followed by the Server Room a second later for 72. Haven't revisited the parking garage yet.

Glad to get this one out of the way finally.
pyoobez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #32
morm

Ponera's Gamercard
I will abuse this guide as heavily as I can. I am stuck at 71/72, while someone i helped today got to 72 based on my hours of walking around like an idiot.

Thank you.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #33
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoobez View Post
Hotel - Control Room can be missed as well due to co-op. It came up as my 71st followed by the Server Room a second later for 72. Haven't revisited the parking garage yet.

Glad to get this one out of the way finally.
You positive about that? I thought everyone had to be present to take to Mike Davis in the control room to proceed with the quest.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #34
ShinobiSteve81

shinobisteve81's Gamercard
This is just a bunch of BS in the long run...these idiots needed to actually playtest and not rush the game before its release. This 'cheever is one of 3 I'm missing for full 1K, and it's annoying as hell to have to jump through hoops for it.

ShinobiSteve81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:19 AM   #35
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
You positive about that? I thought everyone had to be present to take to Mike Davis in the control room to proceed with the quest.
Nope... I just did it and for us you don't have to be in there.
I ran in anyways... but that is because I like to fully explore every area that we come to for loot and all that...

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #36
CelticFan x17

celticfanx17's Gamercard
thank you so much for this guide ! i didnt actually need it given i just had to dashboard out, but it would have saved me hours from when i was searching earlier lol
Old 10-10-2011, 04:57 AM   #37
pyoobez

Moustachio's Gamercard
Quote:
Positive. I was 70/72 and got it as the 71st and the Server Room as 72nd within a few seconds and then didn't get to the parking garage for another few minutes.

I'm not totally positive it was on my game though and not my friend's. Usually he joined my progress as I was behind him and he was trying to catch me up by speed running some of the quests like the hotel, the sewers, police station, etc. However, at one point he started a new character and I did join a few of his games. I believe it was when I was host, though.
pyoobez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #38
samson simpson

Send a message via Skype™ to samson simpson

Samson Simps0n's Gamercard
Well, about 10 days ago i beat the game as lvl 44 purna, new game+ screwed me, i get the frozen loading screen. Didnt see the Faqs people had set up about this till it was too late. Started a new game with minimal inventory but before i go any further with this character, is it possible to get the location cheevo if i already have the 72/72 showing or am i gonna have to delete everything and find all locations again ? If thats the case ima get all other cheevos first but some insight would be helpful so i dont waste any more time than i have to
samson simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #39
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoobez View Post
Positive. I was 70/72 and got it as the 71st and the Server Room as 72nd within a few seconds and then didn't get to the parking garage for another few minutes.

I'm not totally positive it was on my game though and not my friend's. Usually he joined my progress as I was behind him and he was trying to catch me up by speed running some of the quests like the hotel, the sewers, police station, etc. However, at one point he started a new character and I did join a few of his games. I believe it was when I was host, though.
Alright thanks I'll change it right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson simpson View Post
Well, about 10 days ago i beat the game as lvl 44 purna, new game+ screwed me, i get the frozen loading screen. Didnt see the Faqs people had set up about this till it was too late. Started a new game with minimal inventory but before i go any further with this character, is it possible to get the location cheevo if i already have the 72/72 showing or am i gonna have to delete everything and find all locations again ? If thats the case ima get all other cheevos first but some insight would be helpful so i dont waste any more time than i have to
Yup you're screwed if it's already at 72/72 and you haven't gotten the achievement. You'll have to erase your progress (for all achievements) and do it over.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #40
kTs Yones

kTs Yones's Gamercard
Found my last one ! (72/72). It was in the City bottom left hand side. I walked down some stairs onto a beach, and it unlocked !

I'm glad mine didn't glitch..
kTs Yones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #41
erico360

erico360's Gamercard
they just patched the pc version: http://deadisland.deepsilver.com/blog.php?page=1
3. Fixed problems with unlocking "There and back again" with progress 72/72
so suspect an patch for the 72/72 problem.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #42
Aberrant Simon

Aberrant Simon's Gamercard
Mowen's Hut? Is that a place you only come to one time through a quest? I can't seem to find it (Glitched, and reset) Anyone that can help? I think i need this and Jungle Village, then i only need Prison.
Aberrant Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #43
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberrant Simon View Post
Mowen's Hut? Is that a place you only come to one time through a quest? I can't seem to find it (Glitched, and reset) Anyone that can help? I think i need this and Jungle Village, then i only need Prison.
This is the southwestern corner of the jungle map. You must go here as part of the story quest. There's no way to accidentally miss it. You get the boat from Afran, sail back to the River village, then you sail to Mowen's hut and talk to him. Then he takes you from there to the labs. So there's no way you can miss this one if you've already been to the labs.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #44
GhillieRenegade

GhillieRenegade's Gamercard
I've just got mine yesterday... the one I was missing was the village near Jason's hut. Not the one with the sidequests and all the survivors but the one which you can only enter by going through the hole in the fence. glad I finally got this achievement.
GhillieRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:23 AM   #45
ViciousWayz

Also good to check the Prison if you believe you've covered all other areas.. I notice one area didn't pop up for me until I entered the back room in the kitchen so try to be thorough. This was fairly easy imo (as long as it was not broken).. however if you speed run through prepare to miss a bunch of spots.. luckily this game is great for exploring so this should be a fun achievement for most people
ViciousWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #46
seph mewes

Seph mewes's Gamercard
????? wot village is this? wots there
seph mewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #47
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by seph mewes View Post
What are you talking about/who are you talking to? Are you missing a village location that you're having trouble finding? If you need help, be more specific.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:49 AM   #48
CelticFan x17

celticfanx17's Gamercard
Quote:
this comment is pretty funny. i think hes talking about something that was listed as a bunch of question marks... although i could be completely wrong, i just dont wanna go back and check. the villages that i can think of are both in the top half of the jungle area (the main one, not the lab one or anything).
Old 10-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #49
seph mewes

Seph mewes's Gamercard
sorry lol. my comment was @ghilliegrenade he said he found his last area in a village in the north of the jungle not with the side quests but where you go through a hole in the fence. i was asking wot village this was. i have 56 locations and ready for the prison but can't find the 57th location and i've been everywhere its driving me mad.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #50
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
sorry lol. my comment was @ghilliegrenade he said he found his last area in a village in the north of the jungle not with the side quests but where you go through a hole in the fence. i was asking wot village this was. i have 56 locations and ready for the prison but can't find the 57th location and i've been everywhere its driving me mad.
For future reference use the Quote button so we know what you're referring to.

The village he was referring to is the Jungle Village. It's in the northeastern area of the Jungle. Since you must have already been to the Overpass Camp in the north of the Jungle, the side quest from Amanda to retrieve her camera will take you to the Jungle Village. If you've done that side quest (which gives you a mod as a reward), then you've been to the Jungle village.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #51
seph mewes

Seph mewes's Gamercard
Quote:
For future reference use the Quote button so we know what you're referring to.

The village he was referring to is the Jungle Village. It's in the northeastern area of the Jungle. Since you must have already been to the Overpass Camp in the north of the Jungle, the side quest from Amanda to retrieve her camera will take you to the Jungle Village. If you've done that side quest (which gives you a mod as a reward), then you've been to the Jungle village.
ah yes i've done that. huff i'm bout to look at maps and try all the locations again if tht fails i'll try again another time as i want to complete the story already
Old 10-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #52
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
ah yes i've done that. huff i'm bout to look at maps and try all the locations again if tht fails i'll try again another time as i want to complete the story already
Have you checked the southwest corner of Moresby, the warehouse in the south (slightly west of center), and the boat on the shore just east of that?

Have you played anything co-op where you may have missed a location? Maybe you missed a hotel or police station location.

Is virtually all of the green gone from your Moresby map?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #53
XXPh3n0m3n4LXX

J3rio's Gamercard
Hey guys,

I'm stuck at 71/72 right now. Trying to figure out my last location. My lvl 42 save file corrupted so I'm trying to do this over again.

My question is how many fast travel location are in Moresby? I know the Church and the Warehouse.

I noticed it says in the guide.

24. Nick's Hub - This is Abandoned House safehouse/fast travel location in the very south of the map.

Is this the one just north of the beach area near the bottom center of the map? I know there is an Abandoned Safehouse there but there isn't a fast travel on the map.

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #54
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXPh3n0m3n4LXX View Post
Hey guys,

I'm stuck at 71/72 right now. Trying to figure out my last location. My lvl 42 save file corrupted so I'm trying to do this over again.

My question is how many fast travel location are in Moresby? I know the Church and the Warehouse.

I noticed it says in the guide.

24. Nick's Hub - This is Abandoned House safehouse/fast travel location in the very south of the map.

Is this the one just north of the beach area near the bottom center of the map? I know there is an Abandoned Safehouse there but there isn't a fast travel on the map.
It technically isn't "in" Moresby. By that I mean the fast travel location is inside the house, which is a different map than Moresby (it loads when you go in the door). So you won't see the fast travel location in the south on your Moresby map. When you pull up your fast travel locations, the very last one will say "Abandoned House: Square." This is Nick's hub.

There are 2 fast travel locations listed under Moresby. Church, Warehouse.
There are 5 fast travel locations listed under the Jungle. River Village, Overpass Camp, Jungle Village, Jungle Antenna (not a location), Jungle Waterfall Bunker.
There are 3 fast travel locations listed under Labs. Laboratory, Mowen's Boat, Ope's Cave.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #55
XXPh3n0m3n4LXX

J3rio's Gamercard
Quote:
It technically isn't "in" Moresby. By that I mean the fast travel location is inside the house, which is a different map than Moresby (it loads when you go in the door). So you won't see the fast travel location in the south on your Moresby map. When you pull up your fast travel locations, the very last one will say "Abandoned House: Square." This is Nick's hub.

There are 2 fast travel locations listed under Moresby. Church, Warehouse.
There are 5 fast travel locations listed under the Jungle. River Village, Overpass Camp, Jungle Village, Jungle Antenna (not a location), Jungle Waterfall Bunker.
There are 3 fast travel locations listed under Labs. Laboratory, Mowen's Boat, Ope's Cave.
This is great. Thanks.

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:54 AM   #56
samson simpson

Send a message via Skype™ to samson simpson

Samson Simps0n's Gamercard
Quote:
Alright thanks I'll change it right away.

Yup you're screwed if it's already at 72/72 and you haven't gotten the achievement. You'll have to erase your progress (for all achievements) and do it over.
yaaaaaay me
samson simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #57
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson simpson View Post
yaaaaaay me
The details about the latest patch that's been released for PC suggest the patch will fix this for you and give you the achievement. So if you don't want to redo everything, give it another week and see if at least more details come out about the patch for 360 and then just wait it out.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #58
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sweet, I've been delying my prison trip till I get my 57 and now I know where to look for my last ones
Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #59
seph mewes

Seph mewes's Gamercard
Quote:
i looked every where n got fed up so i carried on and as i thought i have now finished the game 71/72......crap. so i guess i gotta do it all again. in a couple months i need some time with other games right now lol.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #60
Skititlez

Send a message via AIM to Skititlez Send a message via MSN to Skititlez Send a message via Skype™ to Skititlez

Skititlez's Gamercard
A Gamestop by me is running a promo this weekend. 50% extra trade for anything traded today or tomorrow. Is it time for me to give up on the patch and trade this in?

Have Pinball FX 2 and want a very easy way to get up to 225 of its 1400? Then check out this thread!
Skititlez is offline   Reply With Quote