PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #61
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skititlez View Post
A Gamestop by me is running a promo this weekend. 50% extra trade for anything traded today or tomorrow. Is it time for me to give up on the patch and trade this in?
Are you stuck at 72/72? Why don't you just delete your achievement progress and get them over? If you're level 50, it's actually pretty quick to run through the game again.

As for the patch, I'd be very surprised to see it before the DLC is released, so I'd expect it in a few weeks.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:10 AM   #62
Evil Submariner

SzO PROMTHEUS's Gamercard
Thanks so much, realized that i missed the gas station completely in Moresby. Really good guide.
Evil Submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #63
SoulWithin

ii_H_dot_B_ii's Gamercard
So what if I have less 57 and go to the prison?
SoulWithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:11 PM   #64
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulWithin View Post
So what if I have less 57 and go to the prison?
Then you don't get the achievement.... since you won't get 72...

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #65
SoulWithin

ii_H_dot_B_ii's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfel View Post
Then you don't get the achievement.... since you won't get 72...
Can't you go back after going to the prison?
SoulWithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #66
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulWithin View Post
Can't you go back after going to the prison?
You'd have to replay the game over again to get back to whatever point the missing location is at. For example, if you missed a location in the Jungle, you'll have to start a NG+ and play through the game again all the way back to the Jungle. From a time saving standpoint you should get 57 before the prison. You also need to make sure you've gotten the Moresby gas station to count twice before going to the prison, otherwise you'll get stuck at 72/72 with no achievement if the Moresby gas station is your last location.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #67
DethHolly

Send a message via Yahoo to DethHolly

OHN0 iNightmare's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
Alright thanks I'll change it right away.

Yup you're screwed if it's already at 72/72 and you haven't gotten the achievement. You'll have to erase your progress (for all achievements) and do it over.
Oh dead that is most unfortunate. I got all of the other achievements before I realized something was wrong with this one. I don't want to go back and get the other 47 cheevos again. x.x
Old 11-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #68
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethHolly View Post
Oh dead that is most unfortunate. I got all of the other achievements before I realized something was wrong with this one. I don't want to go back and get the other 47 cheevos again. x.x
No no you misunderstood. You don't lose the achievements, you just lose progress towards them if you don't already have them. If you've already unlocked all other achievements then nothing will be affected except your progress toward There and Back Again. But if, for example, you had 9/10 toward People Person, it'd be reset back to 0/10. So don't worry about achievements you've already unlocked.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #69
breadd

breadd's Gamercard
Well this was a mass pain in the arse, i got done by the 72/72 glitch so had to do a reset once I'd done the other cheevs. I had my save point just before the prison but the guide obv. expects people to play through the game again, whereas I'd done it like 8 times already so it wasn't happening again.

For people that have done the same you don't need to play the game again, you can get all the 57 locations bar a few, the few are what annoyed me to no end so hopefully this helps someone.

Need to load up a chapter select on chapter 3 and run through the hotel. Also need to chapter select to chapter 11 to get Mowen's Hut as they're not accessible after.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #70
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadd View Post
Well this was a mass pain in the arse, i got done by the 72/72 glitch so had to do a reset once I'd done the other cheevs. I had my save point just before the prison but the guide obv. expects people to play through the game again, whereas I'd done it like 8 times already so it wasn't happening again.

For people that have done the same you don't need to play the game again, you can get all the 57 locations bar a few, the few are what annoyed me to no end so hopefully this helps someone.

Need to load up a chapter select on chapter 3 and run through the hotel. Also need to chapter select to chapter 11 to get Mowen's Hut as they're not accessible after.
It's not possible to miss Mowen's hut. You have to have all players present to proceed with his quest.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #71
Bluedeuce13

Khal Brogo's Gamercard
Any chance someone with the achievement finished could post pics of their map? It would be extremely helpful to compare my green unexplored space with that of someone who has been everywhere

Bluedeuce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #72
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedeuce13 View Post
Any chance someone with the achievement finished could post pics of their map? It would be extremely helpful to compare my green unexplored space with that of someone who has been everywhere
I don't have pictures, but if you give me a little more detail about how many locations you have, what point you're at in the game, and where you've been, I can try to give you some ideas on where to look.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:45 AM   #73
HornzOverHalos

HornzOverHalos's Gamercard
Quote:
For future reference use the Quote button so we know what you're referring to.

The village he was referring to is the Jungle Village. It's in the northeastern area of the Jungle. Since you must have already been to the Overpass Camp in the north of the Jungle, the side quest from Amanda to retrieve her camera will take you to the Jungle Village. If you've done that side quest (which gives you a mod as a reward), then you've been to the Jungle village.

I got this one, but I think while in co-op, one of my partners went and completed the mission while I was looting shit, so I think I missed the location.

Also, another one I think we missed (and I apologize for the vague description) was where we had to go somewhere in the Jungle where if you waypointed the spot, the map took you right into a god damn rock wall.

There was a bunch of small metal shack homes where you had to run along the wood boards on the roofs and you could actually SEE the Thug standing there, but I couldn't figure out a way to get to him.

Finally, one of my co-op partners found the way in, but I was still on the outskirts of it. Could THAT be the one location I still need?

I'm sitting at 56/72 and about to hit the prison, but don't wanna proceed yet.

HornzOverHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:49 AM   #74
HornzOverHalos

Quote:
I don't have pictures, but if you give me a little more detail about how many locations you have, what point you're at in the game, and where you've been, I can try to give you some ideas on where to look.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I'll take and post some screenshots of my maps tomorrow.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #75
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornzOverHalos View Post
I got this one, but I think while in co-op, one of my partners went and completed the mission while I was looting shit, so I think I missed the location.

Also, another one I think we missed (and I apologize for the vague description) was where we had to go somewhere in the Jungle where if you waypointed the spot, the map took you right into a god damn rock wall.

There was a bunch of small metal shack homes where you had to run along the wood boards on the roofs and you could actually SEE the Thug standing there, but I couldn't figure out a way to get to him.

Finally, one of my co-op partners found the way in, but I was still on the outskirts of it. Could THAT be the one location I still need?

I'm sitting at 56/72 and about to hit the prison, but don't wanna proceed yet.
This one location you're talking about sounds to me like the Jungle Village again. I can't think of any other locations this would apply to that you could've missed. Going by the guide, you assuredly have gone to Gaia Falls, River Village, Smuggler's Camp, Smuggler's Marina, and Mowen's Hut. If you have the fast travel option of Overpass Camp then you've been there too. Your only locations left are Ghost Town, Waterfall, and Jungle Village. There is a path leading north from the River Village that takes you through the Ghost Town, through the Waterfall area (where there's a fast travel location), and north right into the Jungle Village. There are only two entrances to the Jungle Village that I'm aware of in the mountains, so I'd say you should check this one first. Otherwise, seems the Ghost Town is your only other option, if you're sure your last location is in the Jungle.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:27 AM   #76
HornzOverHalos

Thanks for your help, bro.

After reading the very last part of your post, I thought to myself "Maybe it's not the jungle, so go check all the maps again and see what green areas match up with your first post/guide.

Sure enough, in Moresby, I notice the very south/south west corner is still green all around the beach and boat. I made my way down there and BOOM 57/72 pops up on my screen.

Off to the prison! Thanks for all your help!

Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 AM   #77
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

No problem. Glad to help.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #78
gealt

gealt's Gamercard
Just wanted to let everyone know that "There and back again" has been fixed with this patch. If you previously had 72/72 but no achievement (like me), get the patch and load a save game and you should get it.
gealt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #79
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gealt View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that "There and back again" has been fixed with this patch. If you previously had 72/72 but no achievement (like me), get the patch and load a save game and you should get it.
Good to know. I'll stick that in the guide.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:56 AM   #80
Santa 8aby

Santa 8aby's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up.
Santa 8aby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #81
ShinobiSteve81

shinobisteve81's Gamercard
Quote:
Thank you baby Cthulhu! Guess I'll grab the game back from my neighbor that is borrowing, but hasn't played it yet and pop it in for a sec so it can pop.

ShinobiSteve81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #82
Nickelknack

Nickelknack's Gamercard
Thank you for posting this! This list has been helping me so much. I also found a website that has actual pictures of the maps with locations put on it. It might help. So you can put that in the OP if you like. http://www.ign.com/wikis/dead-island...The_Resort_Map
Nickelknack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #83
l Viper l

Finally got this a couple of days ago and it is confirmed that a prison location is missable in co op. Spent ages trying to find the last location, with nearly every map having no green just about. Decided to re do the prison and when I got to up to the devil's labyrinth quest, it will lead you down stairs for the first time, and that's where the achievement finally popped. Not sure how I missed this, must of fast travelled or something. Also the Chief's Office in the police station is missable in co op, because that was my 71st location found.
l Viper l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #84
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelknack View Post
Thank you for posting this! This list has been helping me so much. I also found a website that has actual pictures of the maps with locations put on it. It might help. So you can put that in the OP if you like. http://www.ign.com/wikis/dead-island...The_Resort_Map
Thanks but they're copyrighted. That's the problem I've run into since day 1 of this guide. Can't find pictures that aren't copyrighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l Viper l View Post
Finally got this a couple of days ago and it is confirmed that a prison location is missable in co op. Spent ages trying to find the last location, with nearly every map having no green just about. Decided to re do the prison and when I got to up to the devil's labyrinth quest, it will lead you down stairs for the first time, and that's where the achievement finally popped. Not sure how I missed this, must of fast travelled or something. Also the Chief's Office in the police station is missable in co op, because that was my 71st location found.
I have the entire prison and the Chief's office listed that way in the guide already.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #85
morris69

Sharingan IxU's Gamercard
Is there any chance someone could post pictures of the various places with the names written on them. I have literally explored everywhere and this is driving me absolutely insane.
morris69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #86
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris69 View Post
Is there any chance someone could post pictures of the various places with the names written on them. I have literally explored everywhere and this is driving me absolutely insane.
How many locations are you missing?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #87
morris69

Quote:
How many locations are you missing?
Hey. I'm missing one. No idea where at all. Canale Street may be the one, but I can't find it. I have no idea where I could have missed
Old 11-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #88
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Hey. I'm missing one. No idea where at all. Canale Street may be the one, but I can't find it. I have no idea where I could have missed
Canale Street is right in the middle of the quarantine area. If you've done the Third Head of Cerberus side quest then you unavoidably have been to Canale Street. If you want to check, just enter the quarantine zone on one side (east or west) and run to the other.

The next places to check would be the locations in blue in the guide, since they're outside the main story and side quests. They're all easy to get to quickly.

If none of those is it, then I'd suggest going through the hotel and police station again, since those are commonly missed ones for people playing co-op (specifically the parking garage in the hotel and the chief's office in the police station).
Old 11-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #89
morris69

Quote:
Canale Street is right in the middle of the quarantine area. If you've done the Third Head of Cerberus side quest then you unavoidably have been to Canale Street. If you want to check, just enter the quarantine zone on one side (east or west) and run to the other.

The next places to check would be the locations in blue in the guide, since they're outside the main story and side quests. They're all easy to get to quickly.

If none of those is it, then I'd suggest going through the hotel and police station again, since those are commonly missed ones for people playing co-op (specifically the parking garage in the hotel and the chief's office in the police station).
Thanks I'm having a co op run through of it, so just checking that way. I've checked the commonly missed ones so many times.

Last edited by morris69; 11-22-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #90
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Thanks I'm having a co op run through of it, so just checking that way. I've checked the commonly missed ones so many times.
Well if you played co-op the first time, that could be how you missed one - if your co-op partner went to an area without you. If you're running through again in co-op, do all the quests yourself to be safe.