Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
XP glitch question

Are there any XP glitches in Mass Effect 2 like the ones in ME1? I've just taken another character through ME1 and would like to get completely leveled up in ME2 in a single definitive playthrough.
Ratpelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpelt View Post
Are there any XP glitches in Mass Effect 2 like the ones in ME1? I've just taken another character through ME1 and would like to get completely leveled up in ME2 in a single definitive playthrough.
you'll easily get to level 30 in one playthrough, if you already completed it you get the 25% exp bonus and if your ME1 character is high level you will start at a higher level upto level 5. you really dont need an xp glitch in this game.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Once you complete ME2 any subsequent character gets a 25% XP bonus so levelling up is easy.

There is a glitch to max out your powers, but I'm not gonna direct you to it because it requires clearing your cache, and also risks ruining your save game for ME3 transfer.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:59 AM   #4
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
Thanks both. I know about the powers glitch and I'm not going to risk it since the whole point of playing through ME1 and 2 again was to make a save game for 3. I had forgotten that the ME2 level cap was 30. Cool beans.
Ratpelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
Once you complete ME2 any subsequent character gets a 25% XP bonus so levelling up is easy.

There is a glitch to max out your powers, but I'm not gonna direct you to it because it requires clearing your cache, and also risks ruining your save game for ME3 transfer.
Yanno, I just realized that even tho I only used that glitch once, I truly have NO clue out of the maybe 10 different profiles which one i used it on. I do plan on doing a total delete of that file before ME3 comes out.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:29 AM   #6
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
Yanno, I just realized that even tho I only used that glitch once, I truly have NO clue out of the maybe 10 different profiles which one i used it on. I do plan on doing a total delete of that file before ME3 comes out.
I'd keep it if I were you. Your 'pure' playthroughs aren't going to be corrupted by it. I've got a Shepard for every eventuality with every choice, including one with maxed out glitched powers. I'm interested to see how the game will deal with it. Bioware are aware of the glitch because they patched it, so it will have to be dealt with somehow.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
I do plan on doing a total delete of that file before ME3 comes out.
i wish it was easier to delete your shepard PT's, but even taking it off your harddrive memory will still leave it on the import list. thats all i really wanted, was to clear off the list with the numerous random playthrus i did. lemme tell ya, its pretty hard to decifer which profile you want, when there are like 15 different shepards on your import list.

@ ratpelt ya its pretty much guaranteed you will hit lvl30 in your first PT, as long as you arent rushing thru and passing up sidequests. like others said use that import from ME1, the bonus they give you is great.

never used that powers glitch, i think you press X + A at the same time when leveling your power to the last slot? like others said, i read that this "will affect your mass effect 3 import." they patched it because it was not sure exactly what affect it will have on your ME3 playthru, or if it will even import at all.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
I'd keep it if I were you. Your 'pure' playthroughs aren't going to be corrupted by it. I've got a Shepard for every eventuality with every choice, including one with maxed out glitched powers. I'm interested to see how the game will deal with it. Bioware are aware of the glitch because they patched it, so it will have to be dealt with somehow.
hmm, you might be right. I suppose we will just have to see.