PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: After the beta i am...
Massively excited for battlefield 3! 58 34.94%
looking forward to battlefield 3, but i have my worries. 55 33.13%
going to wait for it to drop in price. 8 4.82%
canceling my pre order and/or wont be purchasing battlefield 3. 40 24.10%
never planned on getting battlefield 3 was just checking it out. 5 3.01%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #31
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
I have a few issues with it - lower health, STILL not being able to leave at the post-game menu, and the possibility that every Recon will find a good bush to go prone in (flash will help, but then again there's the flash supressor...). I also don't like the map we've gotten here, but I have faith that there will be several other good or great ones.
Ultimately though, it plays reasonably similar to BC2, which I loved. I guess just the fact that I pre-ordered back in May (after "Fault Line" was released in full) means enjoying the Beta was a given.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #32
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz RaiiN View Post
I feel the same way, they made it seem like the graphics were gonna be on a whole other lvl...
Yeah for the PC, which they always specified. What do you expect the Xbox is basically a useless brick with a green light on it.

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:36 AM   #33
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-apollo View Post
Yeah for the PC, which they always specified. What do you expect the Xbox is basically a useless brick with a green light on it.
A lot of people fail to understand that the Xbox has reached it fullest potential and games from now all will nearly all have to be toned down. There will have to be a new console by next christmas; they have no choice the market is moving forward quickly and the xbox is showing nothing but horrible ageing.

I was reading an article (cant remember where or which, sorry) that was saying microsoft is under pressure from developers who are angry that they cannot show the true potential of the game due to the old technology.

Dont get me wrong, the Xbox has had a fantastic run, but its time for her to sit down and let the younger, more attractive model come and takes her place. Like im surprised some games even look as good as they do (Gears/ BF3) on 6 year old software.

To those complaining and comparing BF3 on PC to Xbox 360. The graphics cards that are used to run BF3 on its highest settings (the visuals that DICE has presented in all the PC gameplays) are new, they are using CURRENT day graphics cards. Not ones from 2005. Fuck thats 6 years ago! As opposed to the 4 year gap between the original Xbox (2001) and the Xbox 360 thats a big difference.

So to those complaining about he visuals, man the fuck up and buy a PC then. You are using the wrong platform if you expect to be treated with the smoothes running visuals, the best content and community. Consoles are great and have come a long way; but we are in a world that never stops advancing and the PC will always benefit from its promotion of freedom.

Mother Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:18 AM   #34
Crushb0ne

Crushb0ne's Gamercard
I play a lot of betas so I know they're going to be buggy but this one was pretty bad, especially so close to a release date. Even without the bugs and lag, the game just feels like more of the same.

I might rent it, or buy it when it's cheap.
Crushb0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #35
HigH-SideR

LL GSVR's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Is it everybodys first time in a beta? This beta is not a new release... IT'S OLD. But fine, cancel your pre-orders and go buy MW2... Yeah, MW3 is MW2
HigH-SideR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #36
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Looking forward to it, but I have my worries for sure. The beta hasn't done its job but it will suffice.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #37
DeLuca

Soulcraver106's Gamercard
Plays like Medal of Bad Company 3. Certainly not the sequel to Battlefield 2.

I'm not excited for this at all.
DeLuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #38
AoA Requiem

I thought it felt a little bit like CoD unfortunately, with the lower health and such.. but I definitely will not cancel my preorder. I'm just a bit worried that release is in 3 weeks and that beta was quite buggy..

Overall I have faith that it'll turn out great. I didn't preorder MW3 and don't plan on it. I think this and gears3 will keep me happy for a while.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #39
FoxRacing1234

FoxRacing1234's Gamercard
I'm looking forward to it but I'm worried on some of the stupid glitches that are in this game. There's a lot of problems and I don't know how they didn't find these things before.

Retail (100%): Madden NFL 06, Madden NFL 08, Madden NFL 09, NCAA Football 08, CSI: Hard Evidence, DiRT 2, Assassin's Creed 2
Arcade (100%): Uno, Buku Sudoku, Dash of Destruction, Word Puzzle, Zombie Apocalypse, Harm's Way
FoxRacing1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #40
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIF View Post
I have a few issues with it - lower health, STILL not being able to leave at the post-game menu, and the possibility that every Recon will find a good bush to go prone in (flash will help, but then again there's the flash supressor...). I also don't like the map we've gotten here, but I have faith that there will be several other good or great ones.
Ultimately though, it plays reasonably similar to BC2, which I loved. I guess just the fact that I pre-ordered back in May (after "Fault Line" was released in full) means enjoying the Beta was a given.
Ditto this. The addition of prone is going to lead to a shitload of snipers and campers in any map with a bush. Don't take this as a complaint, but seeing as how most of the sniper rifles seem to be a one/two hit kill, this could be a very bad thing for any outdoors map.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #41
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm slightly worried about all the vehicles and aircraft. I don't really want to be capturing a point only to have jet fighter wipe everything out within 20 feet of me.

But overall my first impressions were great. Probably because my first game I went 34/19.

Last edited by newbsicle; 10-03-2011 at 07:02 PM.
newbsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #42
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbsicle View Post
I'm slightly worried about all the vehicles and aircraft. I don't really want to be capturing a point only to have jet fighter wipe everything out within 20 feet of me.
Take down the jet!
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #43
iTz RaiiN

xiMake iT RaiiN's Gamercard
Quote:
So then I'm guessing that wanted a "useless brick with a green light on it?" Is that why you have an xbox or is it because you couldn't afford a PS3?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #44
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
you can still get the snipers, more so with the full game unlocks. (getting a sniper with an EOD bot will be funny!)

i know it's a beta and not part of the final game. im still having fun with it and still cant wait to buy it.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #45
SpectreSoldier

Yakuza Warlord's Gamercard
The beta was preety good IMO, it had some bugs and glitches but it's normal
I definetly looking forward this game
28-10-2011 WAR BEGINS!!
SpectreSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #46
Kamakazi Pear

Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Been trying for over an hour to get into a game and still haven't managed to. Just shows a black screen and says that my connection to EA servers has been lost.

Not impressed, to say the least...

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.

360voice | trueachievements
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #47
Anthonymrb
Banned User

Anthonymrb's Gamercard
Wow, I am amazed at the poll numbers. That many people will cancel because of the Beta? Wow. It got me more excited for the game! I had $5 on it and since playing the beta, I have fully paid it off. Excited for October 25!
Anthonymrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #48
killeralltime

killeralltime's Gamercard
THANK YOU i am not the only one who thinks the graphics are not that good as they said they were going to be!
killeralltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #49
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killeralltime View Post
THANK YOU i am not the only one who thinks the graphics are not that good as they said they were going to be!
how do you "say" how good the graphics are going to be? they said it would look pretty good compared to pc for what the xbox can do and if you say you fell through a rock or the screen flickered, that is a technical issue not "bad graphics"
Old 10-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #50
TheUglyCasanova

TheUglyCasan0va's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonymrb View Post
Wow, I am amazed at the poll numbers. That many people will cancel because of the Beta? Wow. It got me more excited for the game! I had $5 on it and since playing the beta, I have fully paid it off. Excited for October 25!
Im guessing most of them didn't actually cancel. They just want to sound hardcore or something to say they canceled to buy MW2.2 instead.

Although the beta has it's share of bugs, given it's running on much older code than the final version will have..I still think it's amazing. I'm betting once people get into their first jet fight in the middle of a battle, they will think Modern Whatfare?

My only problem has been the servers being dead and then last night trying to play and getting 'No available game to join' or some shit. So if EA gets their stuff together and their servers run smoothly, I know I will be putting some serious time into this game.

Just not being able to get slashed in the leg and die from it like in every CoD game is enough to make me want to keep playing. At least you have to have a reason to use your knife to get a kill in this instead of panic stabbing and being rewarded for your lack of skill at close quarters combat.

Plus the jets...my god the dogfights in the air look so fun. This coming from someone who has NEVER been a fan of any jet fighting game like Ace Combat and the like. I don't mind having different weapons for the different sides..it makes perfect sense since you don't see russian army's running around with American made weapons. Why would you see it in a game? Plus just gives me a chance to get better at different weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
how do you "say" how good the graphics are going to be? they said it would look pretty good compared to pc for what the xbox can do and if you say you fell through a rock or the screen flickered, that is a technical issue not "bad graphics"
Don't worry about him. He's obviously not the brightest crayon in the box if he can't tell the difference between graphical glitches and overall graphics. /facepalm
TheUglyCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #51
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I am actually enjoying the BETA, sure there are a few glitches here and there, the other day the sky would flash green every so often and i had some trouble killing one player who appeared to be having an onscreen fit but overall it is an enjoyable experience.

As for the final product, I think DICE have taken on board the comments made by most people and will be looking to make the final game even better, of course as mentioned before, none of that will matter if EA can't sort out the server issues, i was so determined last night to play a game that i actually sat staring at a black screen for six minutes only to have the screen finally appear but unable to move with a message saying, "waiting for more players" despite the fact both sides were full and i could see all the gamertags of my team on screen?????

Long story short, i will still pick this up release day.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #52
Baddluckinc

Bad Luck Ink's Gamercard
Yes exactly people saying they are going to cancel their pre-order. Just a bunch of children begging their parents to buy them MW2.5 I for one am having a blast! It's a beta people! "a quality-control technique in which hardware or software is subjected to trial in the environment for which it was designed, usually after debugging by the manufacturer and immediately prior to marketing."

The company wants to make money and the developers want us to enjoy and recommend their product. I am not worried as I know that one map is not the final product of the game, but a very small part of the grand scheme. Can't wait to tackel the SP then hop online October 25th! Add me

Baddluckinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:58 AM   #53
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
As an extreme fan of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Rank 50, all achievements, etc.) I can sadly say that this beta was an extreme disappointment. It felt relatively sloppy and played more like Medal of Honor than Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

I was definitely going to get this game, but now, I cancelled my pre-order and am waiting for the reviews to satisfy my purchase. Hopefully they just gave us a bad multiplayer map and will fix the bugs, glitches, and graphic errors in the few weeks they have left.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:24 AM   #54
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz RaiiN View Post
So then I'm guessing that wanted a "useless brick with a green light on it?" Is that why you have an xbox or is it because you couldn't afford a PS3?
Haha I have a ps3 too and it's a goddamned black brick with a smaller green light on it. And my computer it's useless too, don't even get me started on my oven and toaster. TRASH, ALL TRASH.
Don't get me wrong, I love my xbox, we get on fine. I just don't expect too much from it. So I'm rarely disappointed.

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #55
AoA Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
As an extreme fan of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Rank 50, all achievements, etc.) I can sadly say that this beta was an extreme disappointment. It felt relatively sloppy and played more like Medal of Honor than Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

I was definitely going to get this game, but now, I cancelled my pre-order and am waiting for the reviews to satisfy my purchase. Hopefully they just gave us a bad multiplayer map and will fix the bugs, glitches, and graphic errors in the few weeks they have left.
So you're giving up a free expansion pack to wait for reviews that usually aren't very accurate anyway

To each his own, but I definitely can't agree on that one
Old 10-04-2011, 05:59 AM   #56
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoA Requiem View Post
So you're giving up a free expansion pack to wait for reviews that usually aren't very accurate anyway

To each his own, but I definitely can't agree on that one
Essentially. Not just reviews from critics though; I will also take in mind the reviews from the actual players.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #57
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoA Requiem View Post
The free DLC is the reason why I'm still pre-ordering BF3. I am certainly less excited for this game now than I was before the beta, but I am still optimistic the final product will be much better than the beta.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #58
Anthonymrb
Banned User

Anthonymrb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post

It's a beta running from old code. It will be a bit different in the retail copy. Also, you do know that the name "Bad Company" isn't in this title right? This isn't Bad Company 3. It's Battlefield 3.
Anthonymrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #59
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Beef View Post
So to those complaining about he visuals, man the fuck up and buy a PC then. You are using the wrong platform if you expect to be treated with the smoothes running visuals, the best content and community.
I think you've got it wrong on the community part. I play PC and Xbox games, and Xbox has a vastly better community due to the universal implementation of headsets.
Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #60
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
don't even get me started on my oven and toaster. TRASH, ALL TRASH.
LOL... I needed that this morning, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiken View Post
Xbox has a vastly better community due to the universal implementation of headsets.
But how many people actually use them? I'd say less than half, in my experience.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote