PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > Horde Command Pack
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
SirMuskrat

sycotic muskrat's Gamercard
First DLC Announced

http://epicgames.com/community/2011/...ailable-nov-1/

SirMuskrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
StalkerB

stalker b's Gamercard
In case you can't get on, you can view the text only version in Google's cache - http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&pws=0&strip=1
StalkerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
For anybody on a mobile device, or who simply want to read the info instead of clicking away.

Quote:
Taking you deeper into the fight with three explosive new maps, three new playable characters, two new weapon skins, and additional achievements worth 250 Gamerscore, the Horde Command Pack also includes new fortification upgrades to help you mow down the Lambent and Locust threats in the fan-favorite Horde mode. Available for 800 Microsoft Points or for download automatically to consumers who have purchased the “Gears of War 3” Season Pass, which entitles you to the game’s first four game add-ons at a 33 percent discount, the Horde Command Pack includes:
Three spectacular new maps:
  • Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
  • Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
  • Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades:
  • Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
  • Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
  • Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
  • Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
New characters:
  • Onyx Guard
  • Big Rig Dizzy
  • Bernie
New weapon skins:
  • Team Plasma
  • Jungle Camo
Also playable in Beast mode and privately hosted Versus matches, the Horde Command Pack promises to extend your “Gears of War 3” experience with countless hours of multiplayer mayhem on Xbox LIVE.
Will be available November 1st.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
@ iBuzz7S - thanks for the text. Good news on the first DLC. A bit confused what happened to the campaign with Michael Barrick though...

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 10-04-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
GoDz Kaiser Ren

GoDz Kaiser Ren's Gamercard
"3 New Maps" < Blood Drive...
GoDz Kaiser Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Good thing I didn't buy the season pass... I might buy 2 and be done with gears

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
More companies should follow the 250 score increments, no bullshit with minimal increases.

Anyways, i'm waiting with the season pass as well. I'm not exactly thrilled about paying in advance for something like this.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #8
Sensei Neo

Sensei Neo's Gamercard
So what are the cheevos gonna be?...

As long as they count towards existing Onyx Medals they shouldn't be a problem...
Sensei Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
More companies should follow the 250 score increments, no bullshit with minimal increases.

Anyways, i'm waiting with the season pass as well. I'm not exactly thrilled about paying in advance for something like this.

Microsoft's policy states, no more than 250G's per calendar quarter.

Gamerscore is serious business.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #10
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigor View Post
Microsoft's policy states, no more than 250G's per calendar quarter.

Gamerscore is serious business.
Yep, that's why some releases more DLC in a quarter. It's smart business on their side, but another thing for consumers.

I think the achievements will be related to Horde mode, but that might be a far fetch?

Last edited by Vindicator51; 10-04-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #11
Blink

JDS Karma's Gamercard
Looking forward to this. Are the skins that are include from the existing DLC ones?
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
KashThePriest

KashThePriest's Gamercard
So I guess Tai will be in another DLC then?
KashThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
ZacAttack159357

AtR ZacAttack's Gamercard

So how much will it cost?
30000 Gamerscore: A Knife to the Heart-50G (AC: Brotherhood)

GT: AtR ZacAttack
ZacAttack159357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #14
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacAttack159357 View Post
So how much will it cost?
800MSP without the season pass.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #15
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Well at least it's more than just three maps - I can't justify paying 800 MSP for just maps.

Oh wait... I already bought the season pass. So far it feels like a good decision.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #16
xxdr pepperxx88

xxdr pepperxx88's Gamercard
I cant wait to play as Bernie with her nutty dreadlocks
xxdr pepperxx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #17
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Yay content that should have already been in the game because its already on the disc! Sweet! Plus you can't play the new maps in public verus....what a deal...lol
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #18
Agusta1

Agusta1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Looking forward to this. Are the skins that are include from the existing DLC ones?
Yes. Which is kind of bad.

Infact all these maps are on the disc and Epic is pretty much nickel and diming us. Not cool mang

Check Out my Shitty Videos On Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/44Yuri44...4?feature=mhum
Agusta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #19
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Blood Drive? Really? I don't hate the map, but Blood Drive wouldn't have been my first choice of Gears 2 maps to bring over. Anyway, I'm curious as to how this will work with the season pass. Will the Season Pass download be updated on the DLC's release day to include the new content and we just redownload it or will it work in some other way?
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #20
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Yay content that should have already been in the game because its already on the disc! Sweet! Plus you can't play the new maps in public verus....what a deal...lol

My thoughts exactly.

Epic's handling of DLC (so far standing just for Disc Locked Content) for this game has been a mess at best.

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #21
Smackerly21392

Send a message via AIM to Smackerly21392 Send a message via Skype™ to Smackerly21392

Smackerly21392's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
I agree that i would like to play these maps in public multiplayer but i understand why they are doing that for in countless games i have been kicked out of playing because i do not have the needed maps....i do hope we can play these public at some point though
Smackerly21392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #22
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
Dlc

Looks like that pass will pay off. Time to feed.

DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #23
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta1 View Post
Infact all these maps are on the disc and Epic is pretty much nickel and diming us. Not cool mang
This argument has gotten old really fast.

Bitch all you want, it's not gonna change and you are still gonna buy it. Even if you didn't buy it, plenty of other people will.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #24
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Looks like getting the pass was a good thing.
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #25
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Aww nuts. No Lt Kim skin yet. Ah well, I still have a long way to go to get the onyx medal for playing as females anyway.

Hurray for new horde maps and fortifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #26
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post

Bitch all you want, it's not gonna change and you are still gonna buy it. Even if you didn't buy it, plenty of other people will.
It's people like you that are the reason why they get away with charging us twice for content. "Hey, I'm getting screwed! Oh well, here's my money anyway." If everyone stood up and told the developers that it's bullshit and we won't have it, they wouldn't do it anymore. And if you want evidence that that works just look at the PC platform.

I didn't know that the DLC was already on the disc. If I did I wouldn't have bought the pass. Just like I'm not buying that 3600 MSP weapon skins bullshit.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #27
km16

JBOND88's Gamercard
So we're getting Horde improvements, 3 character skins, 2 weapon skins and 3 maps that are playable in versus, horde and beast for one DLC.... and there's still 2 packs left as well as a campaign pack (likely with even more maps like they did at the end of Gears 2's DLC) so 4 packs in total.... Does anyone really want to argue that we aren't getting bang for our buck? Because I'm usually up in arms about DLC but this is a good chunk of content.

Besides, all the shit we got in the game on release was already way more content than most $60 games come with anyway. Plus we still have more skins and maps on the way as well as a new mini-campaign and if this is signs of things to come, I bet more weapon skins and Horde/Beast improvements are coming as well.

I'm more than satisfied with my Season Pass purchase. I feel like I'm getting more content for Gears 3 than I ever did with my DLC purchases for games like COD. Plus, isn't it only the first pack that's on the disc? So, you're getting 3 more packs of stuff you didn't already technically buy. And whether it's already on the disc or not, point is likely every game developer has DLC already done by release so they just either put it on the disc or take it out of the game to sell for DLC. Either way, people are "screwed" in people's eyes so then just don't buy it period and let others enjoy? Done and done.
Games I've Maxed Chievo's (17) -- COD4, Modern Warfare 2, L.A. Noire, Portal: Still Alive, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Batman: Arkham Asylum, 007: Quantum Of Solace, Fable II, Tomb Raider: Legend, Lara Croft: Guardian Of Light, Bastion, Dead Rising: Case Zero & The Walking Dead.

Last edited by km16; 10-04-2011 at 07:02 PM.
km16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #28
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post

Like me ^.^ I love this game and I easily got my $60 worth. Whether it be downloadable content or disc locked content, I'm still gonna get it and enjoy the hell out of it.

Brohoof /)*(\
40000 GS reached 3/1/2014 Recon Battlefield 4 (Xbone)
collin232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #29
Steve9213

steve9213's Gamercard
I believe when it says 'Also playable in Beast mode and privately hosted Versus matches' It means that they are for multiplayer but you can play them in beast or privately as well.

Steve9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #30
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
It's people like you that are the reason why they get away with charging us twice for content. "Hey, I'm getting screwed! Oh well, here's my money anyway." If everyone stood up and told the developers that it's bullshit and we won't have it, they wouldn't do it anymore. And if you want evidence that that works just look at the PC platform.

I didn't know that the DLC was already on the disc. If I did I wouldn't have bought the pass. Just like I'm not buying that 3600 MSP weapon skins bullshit.
I'm glad you know me so well. So well in fact that I refused to pay $20 for the limited content in the Bulletstorm DLC, but had the patience to wait for it to go down to $10. Same with the Fallout Vegas DLC which is half off this week. But yes, I complain and hand them my money.

It is people like me that have worked in the gaming industry and know people that work for these companies. Developers aren't always out to screw you. In fact, Epic didn't have to offer a season pass lowering the price of DLC, they could have charged everyone 800mps for each one.

Just because something is on the disc doesn't mean the company is out to rape your wallet. Sometimes things are not ready, or the developer changes their mind last minute and didn't feel it was up to par. Now if it was released half-assed you would be complaining about that.

Just because a company announces there is DLC coming out and the game hasn't been released yet doesn't mean they're holding back content from you either. Companies need time to work on something, unless you want them to sit on their asses between the time the game is finished and releases with your permission to start on DLC. If every company waited for the game to release to start on something new DLC wouldn't come out for months afterwards and would be half the content, and they would lose money on employees not doing shit.

Regardless of how many people stand up and say they're not gonna take it anymore, there are still just as many people with a disposable income that really just don't care and will go ahead and pay for something day one.

Last edited by Quid Squid; 10-04-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote