PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Crysis
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2011, 05:33 AM   #1
demphra

this is what true re released games should of looked like

yea the hd makeovers ive seen from re4, cv, mgs hd collection, and even silent hill hd collection were all just average. now for crysis, im very satisfied by how much crytek polished with these visuals with their cryengine 3 put to full use. the scenery and lighting as it becomes daytime on the 1st lvl has never looked so arousing. this is by far the best 1600 ive ever spent.
demphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
TaiCoon

TaiCooon's Gamercard
I totally agree with you
If you ask me this game looks better than crysis 2
Old 10-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
I think your comment is a little harsh on those games you mentioned. All those game are last generation, so can only look so good, whereas Crysis was renowned for already having some of the best (pc) graphics around. I don't think it's a very fair comparison, but I'll be getting this anyway.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the action frampton View Post
I think your comment is a little harsh on those games you mentioned. All those game are last generation, so can only look so good, whereas Crysis was renowned for already having some of the best (pc) graphics around. I don't think it's a very fair comparison, but I'll be getting this anyway.
Exacly.

How can you compare dreamcast games to one of the best visual PC games of all times? of course its going to look better and they no doubt did less work on it!

Pointless thread.
Arron114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
41inuyasha

XD41INUYASHA's Gamercard
Idk i love crysis like no other, but remakes like prince of persia and resident evil 4 are just priceless. The fact that they just announced star wars battlefront 1 and 2 HD, plus maybe a DMC 1-3 collection. Those will be way better then crysis whether or not the definition is as good.

Crysis
Mass Effect 3
Counter-Strike GO

41inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Well Crysis was already HD and a title from this generation with some of the best visuals on the PC so there's little to be done except polishing it for the console hardware.

Comparing it to ports of Silent Hill or the recent Resi Evil ones is stupid.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
AshleeK

AshleeKel's Gamercard
I'm perfectly happy with the current HD re-releases, whether it be Resi 4 or Metal Gear Solid. In Resi 4's case in particular, the graphics really haven't aged that much - sure, they aren't as good as what a current gen console can provide, but remember that this game was first released on the Gamecube, and that they can still hold up even to this day is a testament to how well the game was made. Improving the graphics wouldn't have made much of a difference to the experience. I for one welcome more of these upscaled re-releases, and don't care if they are brought out with newer graphics or not.

It's also unfair to compare Crysis to these other releases though, because not only is the game more recent than the others, but it's also a case where the game has actually been watered down for consoles. Crysis is 4 years old, and yet there are still many PCs out there that struggle to run the game at full capacity. Not even current-gen consoles are capable of that. It's impressive that the game runs as well as it does.
AshleeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #8
PC_GFWL_GAMER

PWXBOX360's Gamercard
Crysis1 looks stunning Crytek have done a great job here. It looks as good as current FPS games on the 360! Similar looking to PC on medium/low but now using Crytek3 game engine so HDR is much improved.

Well worth buying only 40 SP only achvs for 1000GS which is also very doable & not too time consuming.
PC_GFWL_GAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
acurate bob

Acurate Bob's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41inuyasha View Post
Idk i love crysis like no other, but remakes like prince of persia and resident evil 4 are just priceless. The fact that they just announced star wars battlefront 1 and 2 HD, plus maybe a DMC 1-3 collection. Those will be way better then crysis whether or not the definition is as good.
WWWOOOO WOOOO WOOO!!!!

go back to Star Wars BAttlefront 1 and 2 HD? can i get a link please???
100,000 - 19:50, 28/10/10. Apache Air Assault - Touchdown.

Most Proud 1000: Dead Space/The Saboteur
Most Depressing 1000: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
acurate bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
insaneL0V3RB0Y

insaneL0V3RB0Y's Gamercard
sry to bug did u pay 1600msp? when i look it up its 1840mps on mine whys that? hehe

insaneL0V3RB0Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #11
Jaska95

JASKA95's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneL0V3RB0Y View Post
sry to bug did u pay 1600msp? when i look it up its 1840mps on mine whys that? hehe
it depends on where you live. I think its 1600 in north america and 1840 in UK and some other countries.I live in Finland so its 1680msp.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #12
insaneL0V3RB0Y

insaneL0V3RB0Y's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaska95 View Post
it depends on where you live. I think its 1600 in north america and 1840 in UK and some other countries.I live in Finland so its 1680msp.
fair enough am in Britain its not a problem hehe

insaneL0V3RB0Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #13
41inuyasha

XD41INUYASHA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurate bob View Post
WWWOOOO WOOOO WOOO!!!!

go back to Star Wars BAttlefront 1 and 2 HD? can i get a link please???
There is no link for battlefront. You know how we have majors minute and inside Xbox and the 2 british guys on our xbox console that tell us about upcoming games. Well my brother showed me some show on the Playstation network that revealed it. It was a girl, and she also mention that it might not hit hard copy. Most likely will be Games on demand only.

Crysis
Mass Effect 3
Counter-Strike GO

41inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
Mapmakermaster

Mapmakermaster's Gamercard
Crysis was rumoured to be put on consoles years ago. Now it's here, I too believe the graphics are very satisfying and achievements easy. Crysis is a shining example of what good re-released game should look like.

That said, there are a few bugs but nothing major.
Mapmakermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #15
acurate bob

Acurate Bob's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41inuyasha View Post
There is no link for battlefront. You know how we have majors minute and inside Xbox and the 2 british guys on our xbox console that tell us about upcoming games. Well my brother showed me some show on the Playstation network that revealed it. It was a girl, and she also mention that it might not hit hard copy. Most likely will be Games on demand only.
Cheers for the info buddy, this makes sense to me, as i cannot find a thing about it anywhere, lol.

and as long as it comes to Xboxlive again, i will be one happy stormtrooper, again. yay.
100,000 - 19:50, 28/10/10. Apache Air Assault - Touchdown.

Most Proud 1000: Dead Space/The Saboteur
Most Depressing 1000: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
acurate bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
gabwe

gabwe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaska95 View Post
And only 1360 MSP for Canadian users.

Downloading it now.

gabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #17
Rajeanero

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I have paid 1680 MS-Points (Germany)

If you're using one of my created signatures/avatars/banners please save them on your computer and upload them by yourself.
For example here, here, or here. Don't use my image link. Just in case, that one of my upload sites are down
or i delete the image from the server. This will avoid trouble for both of us. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Raj is still the best though, no one beats Raj, he's like the Chuck Norris of signatures.
Rajeanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #18
demphra

oh yes i forgot to mention this looks even better than halo anniversary. not enough effort has been put to it and $39 is pretty harsh esp 4 such a 10 yr old game.
demphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #19
Supernaut3

Supernaut3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by demphra View Post
oh yes i forgot to mention this looks even better than halo anniversary. not enough effort has been put to it and $39 is pretty harsh esp 4 such a 10 yr old game.
That's not exactly a fair comparison considering Halo: CE Anniversary is an actual Remake. This is just a Port, and infact the graphics were GREATLY reduced just to make it runnable on the 360. Where Halo is being completely re-worked with the Reach Engine. And infact it's even more unfar considering they're not even done fully converting it to the Reach Engine yet. The last video I saw looked almost exactly like Reach graphics, just a few more tweeks and it'll be there.

But you can't expect them not to charge $39.99 for Halo, I mean come on it's literally the biggest Title of the Xbox generation. And the biggest IP in gaming history, so far. That aside they're also working hard to add new things into the game, which is not normal for a remake. Adding new Easter Eggs and Hidden Terminals on every level. As well as including New MP Maps. Which has never been done in a remake before. So honestly I think it's far, quite honestly I seriously expected them to charge $59.99. So I was very thrilled to find out it wasn't.

EDIT: I forgot they're also completely redoing the motion-capture for the game, "re-filming" the cinematics with the new engine and including new musical scores to accompany the remastered musical score.

That is A LOT more then more remakes get, so again surprised it's not $59.99 especially being Halo & Microsoft.

Last edited by Supernaut3; 10-08-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Supernaut3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #20
gladbecker82

gladbecker82's Gamercard
I have to agree, this and Halo Anniversary are Remakes of older Games how they should be.
All the other Games, especially on PS3 since its just a Cash in from Sony on all those HD Collection from which i only have the Sly Collection there is no new Love put in to these Games and they just have this quick Cash in Feeling to me.
In guilty of buying RE4 though, but that was with cheap points from Ebay
gladbecker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:13 AM   #21
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Angry

To quote Bill Lumberg " Umm yeah i'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that" This game looks worse than crysis 2 is just as buggy which is absolutely inexcusable on a game that is a re release from a finished product. And dont make excuses like oh porting from pc to console your bound to have bugs,BULLSHIT! This game does not look nearly as clean as crysis 2 and I have a damn good tv so dont hate on that either. Bottom line this game is buggy, doesn't look nearly as fantastic as some say and isn't worth 20$ for all the agro I just put up with beating this game. Oh and if crytek could actually learn to you know integrate sound effects in cutscenes that would be peaches, I just SPOILER beat the main baddy on the a/c carrier and wow yup there's voice work but no sound effects not a one...total silence...except for me swearing at the game. This game is a polished turd IMO.
chach7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #22
Giptuc

Giptuc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Well Crysis was already HD and a title from this generation with some of the best visuals on the PC so there's little to be done except polishing it for the console hardware.

Comparing it to ports of Silent Hill or the recent Resi Evil ones is stupid.
Exactly. Crysis was an amazing looking PC game, which can still be said comparing it to some modern day 360 games. Comparing a re-release using their brand new engine is really harsh.

The difference being is that the games you mentioned have a HD skin over the top, NOT a completely different engine running them. There is a very big difference between the two.

And to be completely honest, i think the game could have had a lot more things ironed out. It could have looked alot better then it does. Yeah it looks good, but its still no Crysis 2... and I get that they tried to keep it the same, but they could have fixed the random bugs they have with the cloaking.

100% Retail: 17
100% XBLA: 7
100% GFWL: 1
Giptuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #23
Giptuc

Giptuc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut3 View Post
That's not exactly a fair comparison considering Halo: CE Anniversary is an actual Remake. This is just a Port, and infact the graphics were GREATLY reduced just to make it runnable on the 360. Where Halo is being completely re-worked with the Reach Engine. And infact it's even more unfar considering they're not even done fully converting it to the Reach Engine yet. The last video I saw looked almost exactly like Reach graphics, just a few more tweeks and it'll be there.

Im sorry but what? Halo CE is not a remake. Its the exact same game with the EXACT same engine, using HD visuals simply reskinned over the old ones. The only changes being made to the game are slight map changes to The Library.

They even stated they are using the exact same engine as Halo CE because they want it to feel the same, and due to the fact that you can switch between HD / Classic graphics at any time.

The reach engine is being used for the multiplayer aspect of the game, not the single player.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:41 AM   #24
shd

shd 2k's Gamercard
I paid 3000MS for it, fu :<
Easily worth it still : )

It looks really good but I'm only playing on 720p. I need a new TV :<
Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #25
CuddlyREDRUM

CuddlyREDRUM's Gamercard
Good thread.
CuddlyREDRUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #26
Giptuc

Giptuc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddlyREDRUM View Post
Good thread.
Pointless post

Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #27
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabwe View Post
And only 1360 MSP for Canadian users.
Just needed to quote that, to make sure everyone saw it. Yes, yes, Canada DOESN'T get the short end of the stick for a change.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #28
OneGrainOfRice

OneGrainOfRice's Gamercard
I agree Crysis is a great example of an HD remake, but as everyone else has commented, it's just not fair to compare it to the other collections you mentioned.

Anyhow, they could have done MUCH MUCH more for the RE4 and MGS remake. Graphical wise. Just take a look at Halo CE Anniversary.
OneGrainOfRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #29
LFC Alevop

LFC Alevop's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGrainOfRice View Post
I agree Crysis is a great example of an HD remake
How can it be a great example of a HD remake when its not a HD remake. Its just the same game released for consoles

LFC Alevop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #30
OneGrainOfRice

OneGrainOfRice's Gamercard
Well, calling it a "HD Remake" is kind of a misleading title, but it has been remade specifically for consoles from the ground up. It's more than just a port. From the controls, gameplay mechanics and such. It may not be noticeable to the human eye, but it is quite different from the PC version.
OneGrainOfRice is offline   Reply With Quote