PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #31
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
I can't even do this mini game. I fail first or second round every time.

Between being half-blind, having no eye hand coordination (Even when I had two good eyes), and recently having nerve damage on my hands, this is ridiculous.

It took me three years to get to Expert level on Rock Band Drums alone. It will no doubt take me two to three years to get this achievement.
Epsilon 616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #32
yippy smalz

YIPPY SMALZ's Gamercard
This is the best advice for this achievement, i just got this achievement thanks to you. I decided to do the pause trick every round because sometimes when i would hit A when the orb was in between 2 fingers it would still cut one. Didnt have that problem once i used this trick.

Completed games and 1,000G+
Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, Bioshock 2, Guitar Hero 5, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo:Reach, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fable 2, Dead Rising:CZ, Magna Carta 2, Lego Batman, C&C red alert 3, Call of duty WAW(1015), Lego star Wars TCS, Monkey Island: SE, Dash Of Destruction
yippy smalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #33
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Yea, umm, I hate minigames.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #34
Yelomachine

Yelomachine's Gamercard
Tried to get this on my own for about an hour. Failed miserably. Then tried the pause method. Worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch.
Yelomachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #35
XFistsClenchedX

XFistsClenchedX's Gamercard
I did it the old fashioned way. It took me about 3 hours.

XFistsClenchedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #36
Chozo_Lord

Chozo Lord's Gamercard
I got this Achievement in about 10 minutes.

For anybody who needs extra help, perhaps this video will help you.

Chozo_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #37
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
EDIT: Okay maybe it's not SO bad, but it's still retarded. I began getting the hang of it and could do rounds 1-3 no problem, four kept screwing me up when it went to the pinky and the others. The fifth one for me was easy, as I used the pause trick. That trick saved my life. I got it by the way, took me like 40 minutes though...

This minigame can blow me. It's the most bullshit minigame I have ever played in my whole life. I don't understand how I keep hitting my finger when the knife is at the edge of it. I'm not a 300 lb fatass with fingers the size of bananas. FML I suck with timing and with the last round being random, that just makes it impossible for me.

Last edited by Nevander; 10-08-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 AM   #38
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo Zer0 View Post
Im sorry...are you one of those clowns who threathens to destroy his Xbox or do bodily harm if you dont get a cheevo...Yea your one of them.Fallback son!!!
dude ur on an achievement site of course people will get upset if they cant get a cheevo even i do but u dont if your not after cheevos WHY R U HERE!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #39
Wolverine MU

Wolverine MU's Gamercard
Thanks much for this...I was going crazy on this
Wolverine MU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #40
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
i dont think the fith round is all random i think they have different pattern sections cuz ive notice some patterns on the fith round if anyone else has noticed.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #41
DragonusDarque

DarqueDragon143's Gamercard
As pwningyoursoul asked us to do, I just wanted to mention that there is a second place to play five finger. It is in Subway Town, inside the Fez bar. Go to the physical bar (that the bartender is standing behind), face the bartender, and look to your right. You'll see 2 guys sitting at the table on the right and one guy at the left table. He plays filet (can't remember his name at the moment).
DragonusDarque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #42
Tomtam

TomTam 89FIN's Gamercard
This is one of those achievements i'll pass on unless i get every other.
Tomtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #43
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just got this, wow, really quite an irritating one.
Although, how does the OP guide actually work? I tried a few times and kept stabbing myself as I unpaused, heh, just gave up on that and done it without.

At least it was better than Red Dead's IIRC, I seem to remember that was a pain to do, especially at the hardest one.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #44
RaajTM

RaajTM's Gamercard
I cannot believe I finally got this achievement. I didn't think the A button then pause would really help, but it really really did haha. I had a few screw ups especially at the beginning of round five but I got through it.

I am really terrible at these types of minigames and if anyone else is having trouble like I am or fearful of even trying, do it! Spend some time on it to get the feel for the basics and try the method - I had to start it on round three, but the A button then pause routine works. Thank you.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #45
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thanks for the tip, worked like a charm !

Guides & Roadmaps created:
Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #46
shd

shd 2k's Gamercard
yeah thanks, got it on 2nd try : )
Old 10-09-2011, 05:16 AM   #47
TigerII

Guide is great. Problem I am having is on the 5th one when one is lit up next to another. The delay from unpausing to pressing is getting me killed. If it is next to the one I paused, I can't get it. Always too late.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:32 AM   #48
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Guide is great. Problem I am having is on the 5th one when one is lit up next to another. The delay from unpausing to pressing is getting me killed. If it is next to the one I paused, I can't get it. Always too late.
In cases like these, just unpause and hit at the same time.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:45 AM   #49
fastNcurious

Wow. Thanks to encouragement from shd and others (in other threads) I decided to give the achievement a try. Was having the same problem as this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Problem I am having is on the 5th one when one is lit up next to another. The delay from unpausing to pressing is getting me killed. If it is next to the one I paused, I can't get it. Always too late.
...but I kept trying until I got some random sequence that didn't have too many areas lit up right next to each other. With that little bit of luck and this guide, I still can't believe that I finally got this achievement.

To anyone else frustrated, I would say keep trying until your 5th round ends up being an easier one.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #50
baker

BAKER GFC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFistsClenchedX View Post
I did it the old fashioned way. It took me about 3 hours.
Same. Took me about an hour.

Pretty annoying achievement. The first four rounds were pretty easy but the last one was always tough.

baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #51
fastNcurious

I just had a WTF moment. I was perusing my achievements for this game and just realized that "Just a Flesh Wound" is only 15G while "Hardest Deck" (Beat Teague's hardest deck) is 25G??? Five fingers took me hours to do. Since I had been collecting all the cards, the card game only took one try. Lol.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:42 AM   #52
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
I just had a WTF moment. I was perusing my achievements for this game and just realized that "Just a Flesh Wound" is only 15G while "Hardest Deck" (Beat Teague's hardest deck) is 25G??? Five fingers took me hours to do. Since I had been collecting all the cards, the card game only took one try. Lol.
That is nothing. All the "kill X enemies by doing X" achievements were worth 30G, while collecting all cards was worth 25G?? Definately a lot of misproportioned achievement points in this game.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #53
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Why do they have to put minigames in everything?
Anyway, although I'm not looking forward to doing this I can't even find it.You wrote that I need to talk to Abbott in the Second Chance Bar in Wellspring.I've been to that bar but I can't find a person with that name there.Do I have to proceed with the story for him to show up?
Old 10-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #54
HQC

hansqc's Gamercard
Just got this one and wanted to give a big thanks to the OP for the really creative method. Did this one for a couple hours last night and snagged it this morning.

My brother, incidentally, took to this minigame like a duck to water and conquered it without the trick. It was damn impressive.
HQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #55
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Yessir, just got it after 20 minutes I guess I had no fingers left haha. I just went with the flow, didn't watch any video here and I also tried the & thing but didin't work for me, since most of the time I double tapped so I said fuck it, "RELY ON YOUR SKILLS".

I probaly watched to much ALIENS. Bishop is da man!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #56
Dragon Lee

Dragon Lee X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaajTM View Post
Its not the Simon Says aspect of it, its the timing and reaction. If you are great at this, kudos to you. I am sure there are other things others will find easier to do that you have problems with, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

I agree that you should take breaks if you are having trouble with one, some take time and patience. But I also understand the frustration.
hey bout time someone got onine for a reason other than being a prick. how little life must those people have to go out of their way just to talk down to people they dont know and will never meet, they must be the bigest pussies on their playground to need such over dominate attention.... kudos RaajTM

100,000 -- 1/20/2012 TES:Skyrim - 20 Dragon Hunter
Dragon Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #57
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Yes!Thank you so very much!With that pausing trick for the last round I got through this in about 20 minutes.Now we'll just see how difficult that guitar playing and rage frenzy are...
Old 10-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #58
Mosh Icon

Mosh Icon's Gamercard
thanks a lot for the tip, worked perfectly for me as well (i also used this tip to finish round 4)
Old 10-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #59
OldTymer72

OldTymer72's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scab667 View Post
Thanks for this, I hate this mini game, had me ready to give the xbox a pile driver last night.
just like i feel about the first race in the second tier in races in subway town.
OldTymer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #60
CradleToGrave

thanks so much for this guide pwningyoursoul, my husband was getting ultra pissed off when he was doing five finger fillet but thanks to this guide his swearing and ranting fest is finally over.
CradleToGrave is offline   Reply With Quote