PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #61
Zyano

Zyano's Gamercard
I will never do this achievement again if I can help it even then Ill resort to using the A+Start method and here I thought throwing a tomhawk 35 yards was difficult XD
Zyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #63
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
well I won't repeat what came out of my mouth while i was going for this achievement and then I come on here to find this simple method, wish I checked sooner to save me doing it legit lol.

Destiny 1000/1000 22/02/2015
gazmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #64
DropDeadArtemus

DropDeadArtemus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I wish I had seen this tip before I spent 2 hours trying to get it legit. I could ace rounds 1-4 with no strikes, but 5 always got me. Finally got a pattern that didn't seem like utter garbage. The pinky side is definitely the worst though.

DropDeadArtemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #65
Wii187

Finagles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirK View Post
Just got this, wow, really quite an irritating one.
Although, how does the OP guide actually work? I tried a few times and kept stabbing myself as I unpaused, heh, just gave up on that and done it without.

At least it was better than Red Dead's IIRC, I seem to remember that was a pain to do, especially at the hardest one.
I'm with you Vlad, I tried the pause trick and it always messed up when the next stab location was right next to the last stab location. What really actually helped me was a good amount of sleep and a little adrenaline to get me going. Thank God the stab locations don't change when you make a mistake, else I would never have gotten this.

Wii187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #66
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
This Achievement is one more of these bullshit luck-achievos. It's not about rhythm and not about reflexes, it's pure luck, so that the game doesn't throw an impossible round upon you at the end.

Most of the times the combinations are IMPOSSIBLE to do, because you don't even have the time to blink. So you either miss because you expect the game wanting you to tripple tap - but it doesn't, or you take 0.0001 seconds to look for the next finger - and it's already over because you don't have these fking 0.0001 seconds.

I had rounds where I had to tap the same two fingers 6-7 times, it's just not possible to do that. I hate Achievements nowadays. When I'm buying a Shooter I wanna shoot crap, I don't want to play Tomb Raider and collect 5000 items, I don't want to play NFS and do 200 races and I definately don't want to play Mario Party.

Respect to the people who did it legit, I wcould've never done it without pausing...

Last edited by Schreckofant; 10-12-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:43 AM   #67
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   PAX Meet 2010
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
You might want to add to the guide that the last sequence is a total of 32 knife stabs. 30 inbetween the 1st and last stab That's a lot of pausing! I still screw up a whole bunch when doing the pausing. Sometimes when I pause I had paused to early, and it's almost impossible to recover from that if the next light was close by. I too think this is about luck. Sometimes I stab my finger when I feel I had done it correctly. Like the game is off a little bit on the dstance to stab.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #68
XBL Unreal

XBL Unreal's Gamercard
I can't do this if my depended on it. I am better not pausing the game then pausing it.
XBL Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #69
chrishaney23

NY Yankees 23 2's Gamercard
I can do up to the last half of Round 4 no problem at all. When the knife goes between the pnky and ring finger..i am fucked every time. made it to round 5 3 times and thats it. tried the pause trick and that doesnt work for me. gonna keep at itbut i dont think its happening. i hate this cause i am only gonna have 985/1000 cause of this shit.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #70
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
got mine on the second go, that pause trick is brilliant, pressing pause and A at the same time gave me plenty of time to be ready for the next stab.

cheers to the guy who posted the tip.

jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #71
unGood

unGood's Gamercard
Might you and possibly others have a lagged TV. Perhaps there's a game mode that will reduce latency?
unGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #72
XBL Unreal

XBL Unreal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by unGood View Post
Might you and possibly others have a lagged TV. Perhaps there's a game mode that will reduce latency?
I wish it was that but that is the first thing I turned on when I got the new tv
Old 10-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #73
horrormoose

HorrorMoose's Gamercard
I got this legitimately after about 30 or 40 tries.

If you just play it over and over again it becomes much easier.

Just pray that you don't get the ridiculous randomly generated games that have you going between two spots over and over, our brain is not fast enough to process that like 6 times in a row :P

horrormoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #74
AwoL DudE

AwoL DudE's Gamercard
Got this on second try using the pause method!!!
Max respect for the tip!!!!
Totally hate these type of mini games.
Can't help thinking when mini games were fun....
Rampage in GTA, now that's fun!
Why no mutant busting crazy shit rather than cutting
Ya fookin fingers off!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #75
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
ive tried to get this for an hour and 30 mins straight. i make it past the first 4 round with no problem. but then comes the 5th round & and i fuck up after like 20+ stabs. this is harder than the actual rage game on nightmare -,-
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #76
SoleAssassin

This achievement pissed me off so many times. I finally got it while having 2 strikes.

After I got it about 30 seconds later my Xbox shut off. Talk about timing.

“He looks determined without being ruthless. Something heroic in his manner. There’s courage about him. Doesn’t look like a killer. Comes across so strong. Acts like he has a dream. Full of passion."
SoleAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #77
Logion

Logion's Gamercard
Thanks a lot. The pause trick worked great. I can't believe ID was serious with the last round.
Logion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #78
Akatsuki Sw1tch

Akatsuki Sw1tch's Gamercard
Congrats to those of you with the patience to get this achievement, I had one go on that complete shit & knew that i would never obtain it.

Red dead did FFF perfectly but this is just garbage!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #79
IBEJEWINTOO

IBEJEWINTOO's Gamercard
this achievement sucks
Old 10-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #80
Daxter1985

Send a message via AIM to Daxter1985 Send a message via Skype™ to Daxter1985

Daxter1985's Gamercard
screw this achievement tried for an hour with this guide and still couldn't get it.
Daxter1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #81
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
I'm sorry, but it appears like your troll didn't succeed.
I just now read this post and couldn't stop laughing. Mind if I add this to my sig for a while? Rofl.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #82
EeMss

EeMSs's Gamercard
thanks for the help
EeMss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #83
FXH Reaper

FXH Reaper's Gamercard
This is impossible! I can make it to the second round but even though I press it in the middle of the lighted section my guy still stabs himself in the finger no matter how many times I try I can only get like half way through round two.
FXH Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #84
XBL Unreal

XBL Unreal's Gamercard
I finally got it. I do better without the pause. It took till I got a round where they did not put two moves next to each other. Now I am on to the co-op.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:25 AM   #85
Iam918

Iam918's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishaney23 View Post
I can do up to the last half of Round 4 no problem at all. When the knife goes between the pnky and ring finger..i am fucked every time. made it to round 5 3 times and thats it. tried the pause trick and that doesnt work for me. gonna keep at itbut i dont think its happening. i hate this cause i am only gonna have 985/1000 cause of this shit.

^ This here. I get better and better at getting to the last half of round 4. But that stupid pinky / ring finger combo gets me every time. I just don't have the reflexes I need to do this. As of yet, I've failed to make it to round 5.

I'm seriously thinking of paying my friends 12yo nephew $5 to come get this cheeve for me.
Iam918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #86
FeJ

FeJ9's Gamercard
Im officially giving up on this achievement. I can make it to round 5 95% of the time but the last round is ridiculous. This pause method seems tedious to me, especially if you have to do it 30+ times to get through round 5. IMO 15 achievement points isnt worth the frustration.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #87
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Round 5 can just suck my ass. Seriously. I can breeze through the first 4 rounds no problem now because I have done them so fucking many times but round 5 just does not work with my brain at all. Bullshit random crap. This and that fucking random luck JACKPOT achievement can kiss my ass. I just found this topic with the pause hint after I had already given up on the game. It was fun, but at this point I just have zero motivation to go through the game again to clean up what I missed. I have 750 AP on the game. I'm good with 75%. Pretty sure this will get traded in for Saints Row pre-order for me.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:44 AM   #88
Scotty

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTymer72 View Post
just like i feel about the first race in the second tier in races in subway town.
im sure i played gears 3 horde with you the other night.

anyway this minigame sucks donkey dick(which is huge), im struggling on round 2, ill get it though.......hopefully

EDIT: right ive mastered, to a fashion, up to round 5 and its not hard per se, it just sucks. my biggest problem is premature e-stab-ulation, i.e. stabbing too early. also although op's method seems good and has worked for people, i find it harder than just doing it normal.

that first round is starting to trip me up now because it is so slow. im getting used to the wizardry of the higher levels that my itchy A-pressing finger gets all excited and well goes off too early.

its actually quite a fun mini game, it just sucks.

Max Clubs FAQs l Staff Clubs l Subscriber Clubs l Challenge/Franchise Clubs

NEED HELP DOING THE ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS ON TWO WORLDS II!!

Last edited by Scotty; 10-17-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #89
XperimntNterror

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
I have a hunch on this. I tried getting this achievement repeatedly during my Nightmare playthrough and only got passed Round 4 maybe twice and failed miserably the two times I actually made it to Round 5. I gave up on it, but kept a save at the bar to go back to. When I finally did go back, I switched the difficulty to Easy and got the achievement on my FIRST TRY.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed the same thing or not, but I have a feeling that the difficulty has an impact on the margin of error you're allowed.

Just seemed weird I got it in one go on Easy and constantly screwed up on Nightmare (even when it looked spot on accurate when I pressed the button).

I think the harder the setting, the more precise you have to be.

Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!
XperimntNterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #90
FeJ

FeJ9's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperimntNterror View Post
I have a hunch on this. I tried getting this achievement repeatedly during my Nightmare playthrough and only got passed Round 4 maybe twice and failed miserably the two times I actually made it to Round 5. I gave up on it, but kept a save at the bar to go back to. When I finally did go back, I switched the difficulty to Easy and got the achievement on my FIRST TRY.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed the same thing or not, but I have a feeling that the difficulty has an impact on the margin of error you're allowed.

Just seemed weird I got it in one go on Easy and constantly screwed up on Nightmare (even when it looked spot on accurate when I pressed the button).

I think the harder the setting, the more precise you have to be.
I switched from normal to easy and didnt notice a difference at all, although i could just suck that bad.