PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
Rixiden

rixiden's Gamercard
Vengeful will be revised!

In case you didn't watch Rod's live stream, one thing he did go over in particular was the Vengeful medal. They said that they have heard the public and understand that it is too hard and they plan on tuning it down. As to what they will do, that remains to be seen. However, he did say that if you have already met or exceeded the requirements for what they have planned that you will get the medal immediately. I'm excited! I'm not going to boost vengeful anymore until I hear more about its revision because i dont know how much easier it will be. I think it's awesome that they listen to the public.
Rixiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixiden View Post
In case you didn't watch Rod's live stream, one thing he did go over in particular was the Vengeful medal. They said that they have heard the public and understand that it is too hard and they plan on tuning it down. As to what they will do, that remains to be seen. However, he did say that if you have already met or exceeded the requirements for what they have planned that you will get the medal immediately. I'm excited! I'm not going to boost vengeful anymore until I hear more about its revision because i dont know how much easier it will be. I think it's awesome that they listen to the public.
Agreed, this is good news. I still don't even have one of these.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
Rixiden

rixiden's Gamercard
now if they'll just make kills for medals count in horde mode, i'll have absolutely no more problems with the game and will go on my happy little way to 3.0
Rixiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Something inside tells me this is good news, but something else says otherwise.

My mind is conflicting.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Someone should have mentioned a revision on the entire achievement... rather than just one of the medals...

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #6
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
Something inside tells me this is good news, but something else says otherwise.

My mind is conflicting.
LOL why do you say that? I have had only one nemesis so far in public multiplayer, and he was so good that I couldn't kill him. Not that I am great by any means...I just don't get many of those playing Team Deathmatch and Warzone.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #7
ZacAttack159357

AtR ZacAttack's Gamercard

Wait what is the vengeful medal for? Is it that one for assassinating a nemesis?
30000 Gamerscore: A Knife to the Heart-50G (AC: Brotherhood)

GT: AtR ZacAttack
ZacAttack159357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #8
Primeval Panda

Primeval Panda's Gamercard
Finally, was not looking forward to getting this Onyx.
Primeval Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #9
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
LOL why do you say that? I have had only one nemesis so far in public multiplayer, and he was so good that I couldn't kill him. Not that I am great by any means...I just don't get many of those playing Team Deathmatch and Warzone.
I was just kidding.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:41 AM   #10
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
Someone should have mentioned a revision on the entire achievement... rather than just one of the medals...
Why? It's not impossible so no reason to revise the entire achievement.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:38 AM   #11
Nikke84

Nikke84's Gamercard
The logical change would be to lower the nemesis requirement from 5 to 3 kills and make it just to kill your nemesis, not having to execute him/her.
I think I'd rather see them change the whole thing to "Become someones nemesis xx times." though.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:40 AM   #12
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Why? It's not impossible so no reason to revise the entire achievement.
You're right, my fault for having an opinion. I honestly believed it was impossible. Thankfully you've steered me from my path of ignorance and I can now begin to grind for months.

We should be friends.

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 AM   #13
Puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
Calm down children...

In my honest opinion, they need to do some slight tuning on a lot of medals. 6,000 kills with the shotguns? very possible. 6,000 kills with rifles? also possible. But who in their right mind is going to play GOW3 for 5 years straight so they can get 6,000 with EVERY WEAPON?

I am not going to whine about it, because I am not going for this achievement, but I think these medals could have been more balanced to make it possible without weeks are boring grinding after you have had all the fun in multiplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
Puppys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:05 AM   #14
ooo0ooooooo0ooo

Send a message via Skype™ to ooo0ooooooo0ooo

OMFG its a Bear's Gamercard

Very glad to hear this. Was not looking forward to boosting this medal at all.

Thanks for the sig Xerofox!

75/119 Xbox LIVE Arcade games Completed. Iss nice!

ooo0ooooooo0ooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #15
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
You're right, my fault for having an opinion. I honestly believed it was impossible. Thankfully you've steered me from my path of ignorance and I can now begin to grind for months.

We should be friends.

If you want easy achievements, go play the simpsons.
Glad I could steer you in the right path

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #16
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Of course Gears fanfukers are gonna be all happy how the game is, those of us that collect achievements, we still wanna play the AAA game, but we'd like realistic achievement goals, Gears 3 is great, but its not "sit there for 5 years humping it daily" great! Some of these medals are stupid.

They should have kept Seriously at level 100, and made the medals and ribbons optional little treats.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #17
Teh BeZ

Send a message via MSN to Teh BeZ

Teh BeZ's Gamercard

This is definitely good news! I hope they it make that you just have to be someones nemesis x amount of times. It makes sense because you're gonna have to work for the medals rather that take up the ass 5 times and then work for it.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #18
Steve9213

steve9213's Gamercard
Good. Personally though I wouldn't mind a few others tweaked, not to say there impossible I will just want to play other games at some point and will not idle my xbox for sake of these

Steve9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #19
RealistIdealist

RealistIdealist's Gamercard
Definitely good news. Don't want to boost my k/d down. I usually don't die more than 5 times in a game and I don't think I've ever had a nemesis. Hell I don't even have the "most deaths in a match" ribbon and I've played over 250 matches so far...

RealistIdealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #20
HybridPK

Send a message via AIM to HybridPK

HybridPK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Calm down children...

In my honest opinion, they need to do some slight tuning on a lot of medals. 6,000 kills with the shotguns? very possible. 6,000 kills with rifles? also possible. But who in their right mind is going to play GOW3 for 5 years straight so they can get 6,000 with EVERY WEAPON?
I think you have misinterpreted some of the medals. The only medals which require you to gain 6,000 kills with a specific weapons are for the starting rifles and shotguns. There are other medals which require 6,000 kills but they are for more general categories (Pistols, Map weapons, Explosives, and Heavy Weapons). Now, if they had 6,000 Longshot kills, 6,000 Torque Bow kills, 6,000 Hammer of Dawn kills....THEN I can see the problem.

Honestly, though, I think the weapon kills shouldn't be strictly related to Versus. I play a lot more Horde than anything else. The weapon medals would seem much more feasible to get if my Horde kills counted towards them.

As for the Nemesis medal, I am glad they are toning it down. I thought the medal was pretty bizarre as it required you to play poorly in order to unlock it. While my K/D stat doesn't matter much to me, I was going to boost for it last as it seemed to be the most involved, time-consuming medal for Versus.
HybridPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #21
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Calm down children...

I am not going to whine about it, because I am not going for this achievement, but I think these medals could have been more balanced to make it possible without weeks are boring grinding after you have had all the fun in multiplayer.
I think with each DLC pack (or maybe just one) they're going to add a lot more Medals that will be easier to get that will count towards Seriously 3.0.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #22
KILLBOT

Potentially encouraging people to play badly so they can get a nemesis during online play was such a terrible idea I'm surprised they went with it in the first place.

There have been some good suggestions for this cheevo on these forums and I hope epic have something like that in mind, rather than just lower the number of executed nemesis' required.

Good news they're willing to look at it.
KILLBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #23
locoloco

xXxLocoLocoxXx's Gamercard
Quote:

We should be friends.
I want to be friends
locoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #24
pauly_27

My preferred route of revising Seriously 3.0 would be to up the amount of XP it takes to get to level 100, whilst reducing some of the ridiculous totals needed to onyx some of the medals.

Given that it's much easier to earn XP this time around with medals and ribbons, I'd say that was a fair compromise.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #25
Jimbo Dredd

Jimbo Dredd's Gamercard
Regarding Vengeful - I was playing split screen with the Mrs on KotH bot matches last night and we got a few of these.
One thing I think people don't realise is that you can be killed 3 time by someone, they can be killed by someone else, they can then kill you another 2 times and they still become your nemesis. Once they are your nemesis they can be killed by another player, but when they respawn you can still kill them and get vengeful.
Also I think the killstreak ribbons carry across seperate rounds so I'm sure reckon this one does too. And I'm sure I got one for a normal kill - not an execution.

I cannot confirm this all for definite as I am away from my console just now.

Considering how much you are still going to need to boost for seriously 3.0, boosting Vengefuls as they are probably isn't so bad really. It will prob come naturally eventually if you play a lot of the longer game types with respawns.

In any case its probably worth taking it down to 3 kills to become a nemesis and make vengeful a kill by any method - not specifically by execution. That would probably make it much easier for people to attain naturally.
Jimbo Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #26
pauly_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Dredd View Post
Considering how much you are still going to need to boost for seriously 3.0, boosting Vengefuls as they are probably isn't so bad really. It will prob come naturally eventually if you play a lot of the longer game types with respawns.
Nope. 20+ hours played so far and I don't have one. It's never going to come naturally.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #27
Mindstorms

mindst0rms's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Dredd View Post
And I'm sure I got one for a normal kill - not an execution.
Just tried killing my nemesis with a normal kill and it did not increase the count for vengeful. Repeated the process with an execution and it did increase the count.

Mindstorms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #28
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

People are still complaining about the Seriously 3.0 medal i see. I wish you would just accept it as it is, but revising the Vengeful is totally fine.

Last edited by Vindicator51; 10-06-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #29
ApocalypticJoker

Lamb3ntSpartan's Gamercard
i'd have settled for "Level 100 and obtained every Bronze medal"

for those of who argue "it's still possible to get the Medal", no shit. but it's ALSO possible to drive with your feet. but that doesn't make it smart OR fun.
killing 10,000 people online in a near-dead multiplayer for Gears 1 was fine; killing 100,000 people in any mode in Gears 2 was fine; getting to level 100 plus grinding kills (not to mention your teeth) for years on end not so much.
i agree its possible but who wants to boost/grind THAT much? i'm having a hard enough time finding three people to help me get the multiplayer achievements in co-op but now i've got to grind with a bunch of mindless bots with the "forever alone" face glued to my head? screw. that. if and when Seriously 3 becomes my last achievement, i'm done with this game. i hate leaving a game unfinished but i refuse to spend more time on a game than its worth and 51,000 kills spread amongst nine weapons, not to mention the 18,000 matches amongst six modes, is not worth my time, effort or controllers.
Warface
World of Tanks
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Sacred Citadel
SoulCalibur 5
Titanfall (360)
ApocalypticJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #30
Jimbo Dredd

Jimbo Dredd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalypticJoker View Post
i'm having a hard enough time finding three people to help me get the multiplayer achievements in co-op
I hosted Public Arcade Campaign on Normal and people always joined with no issues. Most stayed through to the end.
Only done Act 1 so far but considering the amount of people playing this I cannot envision getting the 4 player co-op chievo being too hard.
The only pain for Act 1 was getting the prologue. If I joined a public game it was always later in the Act. When I hosted from the prologue I had to wait until 3 people joined which took a few minutes.
Don't worry about finding people. Just join a game for the Act you need then host for any chapters you miss. People will join.
Jimbo Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote