PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-16-2011, 12:50 AM   #61
BuckinFuffalo

heetlaw17's Gamercard
i love the people who are like 'this is so easy, i got it halfway through my first play through. just play and youll get it easily lawl'.
i had to do about 3 full play throughs, chapter 1 a couple times, and randomly play for hours to get this achievement
BuckinFuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #62
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckinFuffalo View Post
i love the people who are like 'this is so easy, i got it halfway through my first play through. just play and youll get it easily lawl'.
i had to do about 3 full play throughs, chapter 1 a couple times, and randomly play for hours to get this achievement
Well by the sounds of things, those of us, myself included, who got it half way through the first playthrough, were putting more hours into each play session and so kicking the RNG a bit.
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #63
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
So the first time i tryed this left my game on for 5hours ish and it worked. Second time i left it on all day today when i was at work so 8hours and it didnt cound maybe theres like a window between 5 and 8 hours when you have to serch boxs.

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #64
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_b1ues View Post
So the first time i tried this, left my game on for 5 hours or so, and it worked. Second time I left it on all day today, while I was at work for 8 hours. I didn't find any maybe there's a window between 5, and 8 hours when you have to search boxes.
On your phone? not sure but that's pretty damn cryptic

Last edited by JDMBO1; 10-19-2011 at 12:57 AM.
JDMBO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #65
AgEnT STARZz

AgEnT STARZz's Gamercard

Ive only just got this game and by looking at this thread thought it would be really hard to get them! i have completed every sidequest but not yet completed act 1 and have found 2orange weapons. I have played for around 9hours though with sam so i dont know if its down to him i have them or the fact they may spawn every few hours?

Currently on 101'937 (03/09/13)
Working on: Mass Effect 3(1375/1550), GOW3(1825/2000)

GoW3: Rank 49(Blue) (Seriously 3.0 - 51/65 Onyx - 94.34%)

My Girlfriend takes up to much of my time these days
AgEnT STARZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #66
DeadlySinz86

iTz SiNZ v2's Gamercard
By the looks of it, looting Orange's in MP doesn't count either, since i've looted both an Orange Assault Rifle and an Orange Knife of some sort and still only registering 1/5. This achievement sucks.
DeadlySinz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #67
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgEnT STARZz View Post
Ive only just got this game and by looking at this thread thought it would be really hard to get them! i have completed every sidequest but not yet completed act 1 and have found 2orange weapons. I have played for around 9hours though with sam so i dont know if its down to him i have them or the fact they may spawn every few hours?
It's not "hard" by any means. I found over 15 in my first playthrough. Just play for extended hours at a time and you'll increase your chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySinz86 View Post
By the looks of it, looting Orange's in MP doesn't count either, since i've looted both an Orange Assault Rifle and an Orange Knife of some sort and still only registering 1/5. This achievement sucks.
In MP? You mean co-op? Of course it counts. I got all of mine in co-op, and so did 3 friends that I played with.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #68
Gone4aDuck

HuskyChewToy's Gamercard
So to be clear about this, are we saying as long as your on around 5 hours non stop. It doesnt matter about who or where you are like the video says? If i do this ide do it exactly as the video pointed out. but having to loot those three boxes, empty your inventory, then wait 5 hours and use that exact box in the bunker seems abit strange to me.
Gone4aDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #69
AgEnT STARZz

AgEnT STARZz's Gamercard

Finally got it! My last 2 weapons come within an hour with each other!

Currently on 101'937 (03/09/13)
Working on: Mass Effect 3(1375/1550), GOW3(1825/2000)

GoW3: Rank 49(Blue) (Seriously 3.0 - 51/65 Onyx - 94.34%)

My Girlfriend takes up to much of my time these days
AgEnT STARZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #70
master.j

PSYCHO Lagger's Gamercard
if anyone got any orange guns to give me on level 50 i can get you the rootin' tootin' lootin' achievement in 5mins!
master.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #71
Jack Pumpkinhed

jack pumpkinhed's Gamercard
So I'm playing as Sam B. and I've only found 2 during my first playthrough and 0 thus far on my second. I've done every side quest, explored for the hell of it (trying to level to 50) and still, nothing.

Does anyone know if this works without sitting still for 5 hours? Like can I fast travel, get the weapon, run away, do other stuff, come back and loot it again?

Or does it only work sitting still =/

Also, does this work across playthroughs? Or is it one character = 5 weapons?

Jack Pumpkinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #72
ParoXysm QC

ParoXysm QC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

I can confirm that it's working with Xian. With the 3 lockpick skills, you should be alright!
By the way, nice found and thanks for posting it! I have my 1K now.
ParoXysm QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #73
master.j

PSYCHO Lagger's Gamercard
if anyone got the M.C. OR THE MASTER CHEF OR BAN LEGENDARY WEAPONS ON LVL 50 to give me i will get you the rootin' tootin' lootin' achievement in 5mins just msg me over xbox live!
master.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:15 AM   #74
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I love the its so easy comments. I have had three full playthroughs and only have 3/5. This is pretty much looting every crate every time I come back across it and also most special zombies. Fair enough some people take ten times longer then others to finish a playthrough which is why some people have it on their first playthrough and others like me don't so enough of them comments when this thread is clearly for those who don't yet have it and don't want to spend another 20+ hours farming.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #75
NoCheesaPleasa

NoCheesaPleasa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaaccummins View Post
I love the its so easy comments. I have had three full playthroughs and only have 3/5. This is pretty much looting every crate every time I come back across it and also most special zombies. Fair enough some people take ten times longer then others to finish a playthrough which is why some people have it on their first playthrough and others like me don't so enough of them comments when this thread is clearly for those who don't yet have it and don't want to spend another 20+ hours farming.

I wonder if your problem has something to do with the earlier patch and is akin to problems people have had with achievements (72/72 and right to life)? This being for people who started playing the game early on before it. I got my game after the fact and have been very fortunate. Don't want to come off like one of the "so easy" people but I haven't had any achievement issues and got the rootin' tootin' cheevo in act II of my first playthrough. In my first playthrough without farming but doing all sidequests, I've gotten at least 20 legendary weapons, mostly junk but I got them nonetheless. It just seems like that might be the cause because the difference in our two games is crazy.

Did you get it before the old patch?

The new one is today and apparently will fix this so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
NoCheesaPleasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #76
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCheesaPleasa View Post
I wonder if your problem has something to do with the earlier patch and is akin to problems people have had with achievements (72/72 and right to life)? This being for people who started playing the game early on before it. I got my game after the fact and have been very fortunate. Don't want to come off like one of the "so easy" people but I haven't had any achievement issues and got the rootin' tootin' cheevo in act II of my first playthrough. In my first playthrough without farming but doing all sidequests, I've gotten at least 20 legendary weapons, mostly junk but I got them nonetheless. It just seems like that might be the cause because the difference in our two games is crazy.

Did you get it before the old patch?

The new one is today and apparently will fix this so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
I started playing 27th Sept so don't know if that is pre patch or not.

ME FIRST

Old 11-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #77
DanOMite4423

Can anyone confirm this still works with the update? I know I can get it offline but I like the time stamps. I know it's lame but still curious none the less. Plus I hear the drop rates are better so maybe I wouldn't have to let the xbox just chill for 5 hours. Thanks to anyone who responds.
DanOMite4423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #78
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
apparently some people don't understand the weapon drops were random pre-patch.

u have no idea how many blank stares i've given my screen after reading "it's not that difficult, i found ___ orange weapons in one playthrough!".

hijo del maliante puro.

Last edited by hype; 11-10-2011 at 07:49 PM.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #79
WheelzthatKeelz

wh00kie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hype View Post
apparently some people don't understand the weapon drops were random pre-patch.

u have no idea how many blank stares i've given my screen after reading "it's not that difficult, i found ___ orange weapons in one playthrough!".
wait, so they're not random now?!
WheelzthatKeelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #80
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelzthatKeelz View Post
wait, so they're not random now?!
Can anyone confirm if this still works. Last bloody achievment I need and after 50 hours of gameplay and searching every time crate and Zombie for only 2 exceptional weapons I really cannot be bothered to spend any longer fishing!

ME FIRST

Old 12-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #81
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

I am one of those people who got this achievement by just playing through the game.

However, as I think we've all found, this achievement is based on how much time you play for in a session. I only get to play a couple times a week, but when I do I put in 5-6 hour sessions at a time.

Because of this, I think I've gotten at least 6 orange weapons so far.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #82
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
I am one of those people who got this achievement by just playing through the game.

However, as I think we've all found, this achievement is based on how much time you play for in a session. I only get to play a couple times a week, but when I do I put in 5-6 hour sessions at a time.

Because of this, I think I've gotten at least 6 orange weapons so far.
I think you have just pointed out something that seems obvious when you think about how the thread describes finding orange weapons. I probably played several 2-3 hour sessions and not much more apart from perhaps one night where I spent about 10 hours plus playing and thinking about it that was when I unlocked the orange weapons I currently have.

ME FIRST

Old 12-13-2011, 01:23 AM   #83
Frazerz1990

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
Just completed every other achievement except this and school of hard knocks at level 49/50 and for Rootin' Lootin' Tootin' 4/5 so I'm doing it this way. Only problem is I don't have a wireless controller so I will have to keep pressing a button every 10-15 minutes for 5 hours! Heh I hope this works. :P

Edit: After 5 hours and an extra 10 minutes just to be sure it still works, so a confirmation it stil does after the patch. 1250/1250 Thanks OP

Last edited by Frazerz1990; 12-13-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Frazerz1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #84
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Seriously, what's all this wait 5 hours shit. Play the damned game and open crates, it is as easy as that. I on my 2nd play through, in the Jungle. My friend is on his first (co-op with me, in the jungle)... I have 9 or so orange weapons in Jin inventory (okay, a couple of quest ones, but i have also sold / lost at least 3 or 4) and my co-op partner has more Orange weapons than I! Between us, in < 3 play throughs, we have found at least 15.

That being said, and like someone posted above, we haven't rushed through the game. Completed all side quests and thinking about it, the game did glitch at the end of Act I and put me back to the prologue.

Anyways, between us we have amassed about 150 hours of gaming... which if you divide by 5 (5 hrs per orange according to the trick) then that would net us about 30 or so.

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.

Last edited by Wortsenawl; 12-15-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Wortsenawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #85
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wortsenawl View Post
Seriously, what's all this wait 5 hours shit. Play the damned game and open crates, it is as easy as that. I on my 2nd play through, in the Jungle. My friend is on his first (co-op with me, in the jungle)... I have 9 or so orange weapons in Jin inventory (okay, a couple of quest ones, but i have also sold / lost at least 3 or 4) and my co-op partner has more Orange weapons than I! Between us, in < 3 play throughs, we have found at least 15.

That being said, and like someone posted above, we haven't rushed through the game. Completed all side quests and thinking about it, the game did glitch at the end of Act I and put me back to the prologue.

Anyways, between us we have amassed about 150 hours of gaming... which if you divide by 5 (5 hrs per orange according to the trick) then that would net us about 30 or so.
Seriously!

Please don't make posts like this because it just winds people up. Good for you that you managed to get so many but as I and a few others have posted we only got a limited amount and really do not want to play it having already invested 50-80+ hours. I pretty much levelled my character to Level 50 in a single playthrough so clearly was not rushing it and pretty much checked every single crate and nearly all bodies. It seems that the length of the session you play the game affects the Orange weapon occurrence which probably explains the disparity of numbers between some players.

ME FIRST

Last edited by XBOX ISAAC82; 12-15-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #86
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

I feel for you, but my post wasn't really aimed at people like you who are playing the game... it was aimed at people who leave their xbox idling for hours on end in the hope of getting an item (and then complain if it isn't there).

Then again, do as you please. I just enjoyed playing a great game.

And, I am entitled to post my opinion on a subject.

Edit: For the record, I don't think I have ever played this game for 5 hours straight. A good route for crates though... Bunker 2 (4 crates), Mowen's Boat (at the lab) (3 crates), Warehouse (1 crate), River Village (2 Crates)... that nets you 10 chances of an orange weapon.

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.

Last edited by Wortsenawl; 12-19-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Wortsenawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #87
Gibbo696969

Don Cheevo's Gamercard
I found 3 leading up to where you go to the prison. Rather than go to the Prison and risk trying to find 2 in a short space of the game I tried this technique, exactly as the video shows and I found 1 everytime in the same box. Mowen's Boat just behind the hut with the fast travel on it. Thanks for the video, now the grind to level 50
Gibbo696969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #88
WoodsMonk

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
I got all 5 without even looking for those chests Guess I was just lucky!

WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #89
koIIImap

SonicWolfAlone's Gamercard
This method works perfect, even after patch. I looted 4/5 orange weapon with Xian every 5 hours, as promised. My strategy: New game, Xian, Level 15, Default player setup, upgrade lockpick, teleport to mowen boat, open 3 chests, clear inventory, wait 5+ hours, teleport to bunker.
koIIImap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #90
XboX4Ever
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koIIImap View Post
This method works perfect, even after patch. I looted 4/5 orange weapon with Xian every 5 hours, as promised. My strategy: New game, Xian, Level 15, Default player setup, upgrade lockpick, teleport to mowen boat, open 3 chests, clear inventory, wait 5+ hours, teleport to bunker.
well i did nearly the same but WE DONT NEED TO WAIT 5 HOURS !!!!

I FOUND 4 OF THEM IN ONLY 1 HOUR AND 25 MIN !!!

THIS IS WHAT I DID EXACTLY.IT WORKS OVER AND OVER AGAIN........4 WEAPONS IN NOT EVEN TWO HOURS !!!!!

SELECT NEW GAME , PICK PLAYER TO CHOOSE CHAPTER 15,SELECT LOCKPICK UPGRADE,,,DROP EVRY WEAPON,,,,TRAVEL FROM MOWEN S BOAT TO THE SEOND BUNKER AND KEEP CHECKING ONLY <>ONLY THE RED BOXES !!!! KEEP REPEATING IT AND YOU WILL SEE AFTER A FEW TIMES YOU WILL START GETTING GREEN , AFTER BLUE AND LILA WEAPONS AND THEN A ORANGE ONE !!! TAKES NOT EVEN 20 MIN...............AND WHEN YOU HAVE THE FIRST ONE GO BACK TO MENU DELETE THAT SAVE AND START A NEW GAME EXACTLY THE SAME WAY.. AND EVRY 20 MIN YOU GET ONE !!!!! WORKS 100% LIKE THAT !!!! FOR WHAT WAIT 5 HOURS ......I JUST GOT IT LIKE THAT WAY, 4 FROM 5 IN AN HOUR AND 20 MIN.....

IF YOU CHOOSE PURMA PICK THE LOOTING RARE ITEMS UPGADE TO , IT WILL MAKE EVEN FASTER......I USED XIAN 4 TIMES........

Last edited by XboX4Ever; 12-29-2011 at 01:19 PM.
XboX4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote