Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
GuyAboveMeSucks

GuyAboveMeSucks's Gamercard
List of rare weapons?

Is there a list of these anywhere? I have all the boss ones (including the first asylum demon withought running) i'm aware of up to the point im at and i have both black knights swords. I just dont want to kill a boss the wrong way and miss out.
GuyAboveMeSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Slane

Send a message via AIM to Slane

madslane's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
There's 41 total. Some of them have to be ascended and others you only have 1 shot to get 'em to drop.

Fairly sure x360a frowns upon copying stuff from strategy guide otherwise i'd type it all out for ya.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
GuyAboveMeSucks

Thats ok i plan on buying the guide as soon as it becomes available in my area no ones been able to stock it here for some reason. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
Walter B Willis

Walter B Willis's Gamercard
Pretty sure all the early ones come from cutting off Dragon Tails, I know lots of the weapons have to be made by reinforcement using boss souls so DO NOT cash the boss souls in for regular souls when you pick them up, save them for making the Rare weapons
Walter B Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
GuyAboveMeSucks

yeah i went and bought the guide i would have missed alot of them. Id post a guide to them all if the site didnt frown on that.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
Walter B Willis

Walter B Willis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyAboveMeSucks View Post
yeah i went and bought the guide i would have missed alot of them. Id post a guide to them all if the site didnt frown on that.
Yeah me too, I almost never buy guides, but I figured this game would merit a pass, I've been flipping through it quite a bit whenever I'm in the bathroom haha, or whenever I approach a "traverse the white light" door, but looks as if it'll be a 3+ playthrough game possibly, not to mention it scales the difficulty everytime a new game+ is started so yeah... good stuff...
Walter B Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
Strid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slane View Post
There's 41 total. Some of them have to be ascended and others you only have 1 shot to get 'em to drop.
That's not entirely true. Just one shot to get them in each playthrough. This game, like Demon's Souls isn't meant to be played 1-2 times and then traded, you wont get the full experience doin' that. If you want to get out of the game everything it has to offer you'll be playing at least a handful of runs on each character you make. The game doesn't even max out enemies until the 7th New Game+.

This may sound crummy, but it isn't as bad as other games. Dark Souls is not a very long game, at all, hell, neither is Demon's Souls. The length comes from difficulty and once you've learned the game, shortcuts, and enemies it becomes just, really, really short.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote