PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men: Destiny
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
frpilot

All 45 xgenes All 15 suits on 1 character possible?

I spent days replaying different levels and challenges to finally get every possible dosair and proproganda (I know not required for all 50 achievements but I have ocd).

Im stuck at 44/45 x genes and 18/19 suits but keep getting xp mutators. I am missing cyclops suit and cyclops offensive x gene. I will go insane if I see another xp mutator!!!

I googled and found on herohq forums someone post that cyclops and magneto suit/genes are the rarest two in the game. Is this true or is there a way to get them? I rather shoot myself than button mash for another 100 hours just to hope these last 2 items to drop.
frpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Kamen Rider

DiabeticChocobo's Gamercard
I don't think its possible without putting an unusual amount of time in to the game. Personally, I don't think its worth it, either. I had a second character that got all of Magnetos stuff, and my original character had all of Cyclops stuff, so as far as i am concerned I 100%'ed the game.

Not saying you shouldn't do it if you really want to, just saying its pointless. There aren't even any achievements for X-Gene or Suit collection, which is just one of the huge oversights in this game (the other being no X-Gene's for either Pixie or Mystique, or various others that have roles in the game).
Old 10-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
frpilot

I finally got everything on 1 character. I did put an unusual amount of time doing mindless button mashing though (probably equivalent to 8-10 or more dedicated playthroughs or close to 100+ hours in all).
I don't know how it happened or if stats had a role in it. I had well over 1.5 million xp earned, close to 3000 purifers killed, and 50+ of everything else killed. I also decided to put all of magneto's gear on and relayed mission 7 (since it is so short and has tons of easily accessible genes). It seemed faster than playing the equivalent of 5 or so challenges (except for annoying cutscenes) and I was hoping getting so many x genes in succession would finally lead to the cyclops drops I needed instead of playing individual challenges for x genes 1 at a time.
frpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
drksprt

Breco13's Gamercard
At least someone got it. I'm on my 4th or 5th run through the game trying to get everything. And if you're curious why I'm on my 4th or 5th run, is because I've played every level as a X-Men and Brotherhood, collecting everything in my path.
drksprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
MathGuy42

MathGuy42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I got lucky and got everything with less than 3 playthroughs, though I did put in a code for Emma Frost's suit. I think your chances of getting certain X-genes and suits are related to your Faction. My first playthrough was mostly X-men Faction, though I didn't pay much attention to what I was getting.

On my second Brotherhood playthrough, I noticed I usually got Brotherhood suits and X-genes. After finishing that, I had all achievements except the number of kills and the X-man/X-treme difficulty, so I ground out Challenges for the kills. I always got Brotherhood gear and eventually had all of it. I noticed I started finding Magneto stuff late in the game.

Playing a third time, I made X-men choices and got the remainder of my missing suits and genes. I didn't get the missing Cyclops stuff until Missions 6 and 7, when my X-men rating was strong.

To sum up, perhaps Faction affects what you find, and having a strong Faction rating makes it more likely to find gear for Magneto or Cyclops. Seems like Emma Frost and Juggernaut came late too. If I had to do it over again, I would play a pure X-men game, then redo Challenges until I had every X-men suit and gene. Then I would play through as Brotherhood. If I didn't have everything by the time I was done, I would replay Challenges until I got all of the Brotherhood gear. (I don't know if the Challenge matters, but I got a lot of Brotherhood gear on Challenge #9 while going for Enforcer kills.)
MathGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote