PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Guardian Heroes
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
Easy bad karma method

So, there's an achievement for viewing all the endings, but for two of the endings you need to have negative karma. In game, you gain good karma for completing levels and defeating enemies. You gain points towards negative karma by juggling dead enemies, killing civillians and fleeing enemies, and by destroying the environment (breaking barrels, crates etc.)

The problem is, more often than not, you'll end the game with positive karma than you will bad, just because of how many good karma points you gain. I'm sure that once the game is officially released, people will come up with numerous great methods for gaining bad karma, but here's one I have to share with you.

Easy bad karma

* Play as Ginjirou (green ninja guy)
* Set mode to 'original' (any difficulty, as difficulty does not affect achievements unless specified in the description)

When you reach Stage 2 - Prelude To Hope, as soon as you gain control, command the Undead Hero to either 'cease attack' (command icon where you're standing in front of him) or 'halt' (command icon with the sword overlaying), so he basically won't attack the enemies.

* Defeat the pink soldiers
* When the skeletons appear, don't go too far towards the right otherwise you will trigger more of Zur's reinforcements. Kill the skeletons to make the Cyclops appear.
* Get the Cyclops against the barrier and just keep mashing 'X' (weak punch), when the Cyclops is dead, you'll easily be able to juggle him if you keep mashing X, gaining you a point in bad karma for every few hits.
Doing this method will also gain you EXP towards leveling, but you might need to risk pausing the game so you can give your mashing thumb a rest lol.

Once you've gained enough negative karma for your liking at this point, just make sure you juggle dead enemies as much as you can throughout the game (easiest to do on larger enemies while against the edge of the screen, mainly with the same punch you used for this method)
My Twitch - www.twitch.tv/das_belmont/profile
9 Upload videos featured on the Xbox One Upload App so far and 740+ followers.

Last edited by Le Vampyr ; 10-11-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Le Vampyr  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
ssgoku2425

SS4GOKU2425's Gamercard
ive gained bad karma also by staying in the arena. and fighting dudes and juggling all day.
ssgoku2425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
SevenFisher

Send a message via AIM to SevenFisher Send a message via MSN to SevenFisher Send a message via Yahoo to SevenFisher

SevenFisher's Gamercard
It seems the ogre has to land first before mashing X to get -Karma? Either way I have really bad luck with this, he'd just go to Undead warrior (which is ordered to not fight) and instead of juggling him to wall, he'd juggle slowly because of undead enemy not moving out of way >.<

How much do you regulary need before moving on? It was easier to kill villagers as by end of start of Stage 14; I got to -200 easily but I can't find any of paths to Ending 5 with villagers

Edit: Still I'll keep at it, gonna try to get to -150 then I'll move on.

This sig is 100% accurate as of date
SevenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
hyourinnmaru

i kept fighting the cyclops on stage two, overkilling him until i reached lvl 51, with Serena, her soul is now darker than black over 2000 negative karma!!!!funny its that even dead,keeps saying ORLY
hyourinnmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenFisher View Post
It seems the ogre has to land first before mashing X to get -Karma? Either way I have really bad luck with this, he'd just go to Undead warrior (which is ordered to not fight) and instead of juggling him to wall, he'd juggle slowly because of undead enemy not moving out of way >.<

How much do you regulary need before moving on? It was easier to kill villagers as by end of start of Stage 14; I got to -200 easily but I can't find any of paths to Ending 5 with villagers

Edit: Still I'll keep at it, gonna try to get to -150 then I'll move on.
I wrote this method based on an early download of the game, in which you didn't get much negative karma for killing the civillians. It seems they've fixed this now though for the official release, and you do indeed get a nice amount of bad karma for killing them.

This method is good for gaining some experience, though tedious at that, and it works nicely against all large enemies, so long as you've got them against the edge of the screen and you're playing as either Serena or Ginjirou, mashing their light x attack.

If I had a capture card, I would record how exactly to do the Cyclops juggle on stage 2, as it's kinda hard to explain.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
SevenFisher

Send a message via AIM to SevenFisher Send a message via MSN to SevenFisher Send a message via Yahoo to SevenFisher

SevenFisher's Gamercard
Managed to get it in end, reaching -500 Karma and it was more than enough to stay under 0 Karma for ending I need. Cheers for this tip!

185/200 Guardian Heroes now. Just Hard 1CC left to do, I might play as Serena and grind with her and try that advice you gave me. For now I'm going to take break though - 10+ playthroughs in two days! Still worth it, and would play more. Guardian Heroes <3

This sig is 100% accurate as of date
SevenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm about to finish off the game but have no idea which path to take for the 2 dark endings. Could anyone be so kind as to post which route to take for each. Cheers

ponypo2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
I'm about to finish off the game but have no idea which path to take for the 2 dark endings. Could anyone be so kind as to post which route to take for each. Cheers
Order of chosen dialogue to reach Sky Spirit: 2,2,4,2,1

Order of chosen dialogue to reach Valgar: 2,2,5,3,2

Be sure to overkill the Cyclops against the barriers on stage 2 to at least -300 bad karma (-400 to be safe). Taking the above paths will get you to stage 10 where you'll encounter some civillians, if you kill as many of them as you can, you will earn some nice points towards bad karma.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vampyr View Post
Order of chosen dialogue to reach Sky Spirit: 2,2,4,2,1

Order of chosen dialogue to reach Valgar: 2,2,5,3,2

Be sure to overkill the Cyclops against the barriers on stage 2 to at least -300 bad karma (-400 to be safe). Taking the above paths will get you to stage 10 where you'll encounter some civillians, if you kill as many of them as you can, you will earn some nice points towards bad karma.
Awesome mate. Thanks loads for that.

ponypo2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
How bad are these endings I wonder.

DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
Recall

RecallBerserk's Gamercard
The easiest method is to play the stage where you have civilians running about and kill them. Its more than enough negative karma to get a bad ending. It is no different to how it was prefered to get bad karma on the Saturn too.

You don't have to glitch, cheat or infinite juggle. Just choose the correct path and make the most of what is on it.

Recall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTRO5 View Post
How bad are these endings I wonder.
not all that bad. frankly, though i find the endings nostalgic, i feel like i need a little more from an ending these days
dill icioius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #13
Space Cadet

Pajolero's Gamercard
Thanks for the method, Le Vampyr.
Space Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:41 AM   #14
Cyclobomber

Cyclobomber's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dill icioius View Post
not all that bad. frankly, though i find the endings nostalgic, i feel like i need a little more from an ending these days
Yeah the bad endings are more "less optimistic" endings.
For instance (and without spoiling too much), Dark Ending 3 has most of the same text as the Light Ending 3, only a slight difference in maybe 3 or 5 sentences at the very end.

I still think they're good endings, rather faithful to the general style of '90s anime IMO; I mean, stories weren't really about pure good versus pure evil, more like a kind of moral grey where everyone does what they think is right, and in the end it's up to the heroes to decide what stance to adopt.
Cyclobomber is offline   Reply With Quote