PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
nolan182blink

Pois0n Oak's Gamercard
some silo tips

alright so I finally beat this game last night, and I thought the Silo was waayyyy less hard then people on hear make it sound. Sure, I died a lot, but it took me 20 minutes to clear the houses.

and yes, the enemies respawn, so you need to rush after killing a few enemies straight to a house.

what really helped was going prone (crawling on your stomach) in the houses. Even when you're going up the stairs. It usually takes them an extra second or 2 to shoot you if you do that.

also, before going up a staircase, throw a frag into every room you can. it helps a lot, and you will pick up frags all the time from dead bodies

I can't remember the exact order I captured the houses, but I know I did A first, F second, and B last.

All of them were pretty easy I thought, but for B i threw 2 smoke grenades in the bottom of the building, then rushed to a corner in the way back, went prone, and started killing them. I threw a few frags to the top floor, and shot a guy or 2, and I didn't even have to go to the top floor.

the part were you're sniping was kinda hard, mostly cause I suck at sniping! haha. but you get a few checkpoints up there, so it's not too difficult. once you start memorizing where the people with those rocket launcher thingys are, it gets way easier.

I didn't get to frustrated when I died, cause I was expecting this to be the hardest thing ever, but it really didn't seem as bad as you guys make it sound lol. so that probably helped

I guess what really helped the most was playing MW2 constantly. haha. got me so much better at COD.

hopefully that helps anyone...

Last edited by nolan182blink; 04-05-2010 at 07:38 PM.
nolan182blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
Sphinx USMC

Sphinx USMC's Gamercard
i agree, I think COD 3 veteran was harder than this one
Sphinx USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:14 AM   #3
nolan182blink

Pois0n Oak's Gamercard
I'm waiting for COD 3 in the mail from ebay haha. is it waaaaay harder than this? or close to the same?

after I beat that, I'm getting WAW. I'm kinda scared for that one. haha.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:31 AM   #4
Canadian Iron Man

thelawnmowerman's Gamercard
One of the problems with cod3 is that every level has continuous respawning of enemies, you need to push onto check points to make sure the spawning stops
Canadian Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #5
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan182blink View Post
I'm waiting for COD 3 in the mail from ebay haha. is it waaaaay harder than this? or close to the same?

after I beat that, I'm getting WAW. I'm kinda scared for that one. haha.
Good luck with WAW...that is the ultimate bitch of all the COD games.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
Oh poo. I was looking forward to playing COD3 and WaW. I've only just begun playing FPS's. But not sure if I can do another Veteran session on the harder ones....:P

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
i agree with the op that this level is not as hard as i was lead to believe. i hear a majority of people talking about clearing the upstairs of the houses as the biggest challenge. the method i used was to clear the front then rush in, crouch and enter without hesitation. take out whatever enemies are on the ground floor and focus on the stairs. usually some enemies will run down so take them out. once the bottom floor is clear and no more are rushing down what i did was run up the stairs about 80% and then run back down while facing the upstairs. what this would do is instigate the enemies into rushing me. then i would just pick them off easily and then enter crouch and carefully work my way through the remander of the upstairs. there was usually at least one or two more upstairs. i rarely threw grenades and rarely went prone and with this method i breezed through the houses. the sniping aspect is simply pattern memorisation.
axeuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:38 AM   #8
moab355

E36 M3 EVO's Gamercard
These tips are great. I will be playing silo tomorrow....so far I have not gotten too stuck.
moab355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
hotdogenigma

ToastiestCape0's Gamercard
I remember I had a really hard time with this level when clearing the houses. Then when I got to the silo I got myself into a nasty situation where some enemies were lining up their mortar shots and I had a checkpoint already so no matter what I did I got blown up as soon as the checkpoint loaded. I had to suck it up and restart the level. It took me even longer to clear the houses because I was rushing, not wanting to do this again. I finally cleared the houses and methodically sniped the mortar enemies. Cool right? I cleard the level - wrong! I didn't line up the fricken ladder and I fell to my death...lol that sucked balls. I think I had to redo the last checkpoint and I'd say took me about 5 minutes to make sure I was on the ladder properly. Oh memories!
hotdogenigma is offline   Reply With Quote