Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
NachoNabz

NachoNabz's Gamercard
Summoning strangeness/issue

Recently downloaded Dark Souls with GwG and am just about to fight the bell gargoyle (lit the bonfire at the old church). Just have a couple things I would like to clear up:

1. At the entrance of the bell gargoyle building I placed a white soapstone to try out some co-op and within 5 minutes I was summoned. Me and the summoner fought through the knights and were about to head to the gargoyle when he summoned another player. Well, no harm in that. So the 3 of us ventured towards the gargoyle when suddenly the summoner was being attacked by a sort of ghost. Me and the other summoned player couldn't help out and so the summoner was killed.

What was he killed by and why couldn't we help?

2. After returning to my world I tried using a summon sign left by another player at the same spot before the gargoyle but the summoning failed. I tried another summon...summoning failed...and again...and again. Also fog gates appeared on the lifts to Firelink Shrine and to Andre.

Why can't I summon and why did random fog gates appear?

THANK YOU AND PRAISE THE SUN

NachoNabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
Ten Foot Bunny
The Uranium Queen

TenFootBunny's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I think summons are 100% busted right now. The fog door you saw was someone trying to enter your world for an invasion, which also failed if nobody came through it to pvp you.

Right now I'm stuck on S&O in Anor Londo and trying to get a summons for the last hour. Every one of them has failed. The bonfire has been inaccessible a few times as well, meaning that I'm going to be invaded, but that also never happens. The bonfires start working again without incident.

So yeah. Summoning is completely broken, I fear.

------------------------------

EDIT - as soon as I posted that I got invaded, then a summoning worked. Unfortunately I got annihilated by a pyro wearing Havel's armor and the Eagle Shield before getting to the bosses. The other two times I summoned, I can't get anyone to kill Smough first. It's maddening!

(Admittedly, I keep throwing the fights and dying on purpose after the people I summon kill Ornstein - I just want Leo's Ring for my build and don't want to wait until NG+).

Last edited by Ten Foot Bunny; 06-16-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Ten Foot Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:06 AM   #3
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
It may have to do with your connection Bunny. I have the same symptoms when I try to play online on PC while my Xbox invasions/co-op work perfectly fine.

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
NachoNabz

NachoNabz's Gamercard
Ok thank you, that clears up the fog gates issue (haha) as well as making me feel like someone out there just really wants to kill me (fog gates appeared quite a few times).

Summoning appears to be hit or miss so I just have to hope for the best with that one.

Any ideas on the summoner being killed? Attacker had the appearance of a player when you touch a bloodstain and I could hear the attacks being dealt however was unable to intervene. Feel like I can't afford to NOT know anything when it comes to Dark Souls.

NachoNabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoNabz View Post
Any ideas on the summoner being killed? Attacker had the appearance of a player when you touch a bloodstain and I could hear the attacks being dealt however was unable to intervene. Feel like I can't afford to NOT know anything when it comes to Dark Souls.
I barely touched the online portion of Dark Souls 1, unfortunately. I don't recall hearing about a ghost-like figure XD

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #6
Tylosargerchia

FLEEBS's Gamercard
Summoning has ALWAYS been broken in this game. I bought it when it came out, and there were problems then. They patched the game not long after, and it was supposed to fix summoning issues, but I always had the exact same problems. Even yesterday when I was playing (I'm finally about to 1000GS this awesome game), I tried to summon so many times, and I'd say 95% of my summons failed. I have a good connection, too. Dark Souls 2 fixed a lot of the summoning issues, which is nice, but this game would have played so much better if they had really fixed the connectivity problems.
Tylosargerchia is offline   Reply With Quote