Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #31
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
What is the best way to go about the covenants over the 3 playthroughs to get the rare items?

thats a hard one, as far as im aware you dont need some items from specific covenants... but some you have to wait until your second playthrough to rank up with them so it is easier.

Making Patches your ally in your first play is a big help because he sells the items required to rank up with the Gravelords.

Im not sure if the Forest Covenant is better to do while you are a lower level since im not sure how the forest defender mechanic works.

GUIDES:
Alice: Madness Returns (Ach, Col)
Arcania Gothic 4 Recipies
Armored Core: For Answer Complete Guide
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collectables
Dark Souls Achievement Guide
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
II OE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #32
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
So just looking over this guide after playing the game for about 1.5 hours, the achievements seem overwhelming to keep track of! Is it much easier to keep track of them after one play-through (AKA can I just make my first play-through without worrying too much about achievements)?
Old 10-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #33
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

you can yes, just make sure to farm up a lot of crafting supplies before going into NG+ to make it easier on yourself

GUIDES:
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
Old 10-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #34
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by II OE II View Post
you can yes, just make sure to farm up a lot of crafting supplies before going into NG+ to make it easier on yourself
Awesome! Is there an obvious point of no return so I know when to stop and start farming? Also, if there is and I stop before it, can I go back and find convenants/bosses that I missed?
Old 10-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #35
BIG L RETURNS

BIG L RETURNS's Gamercard
I would assume so. Before the final boss in demon souls they let you know that you were about to enter the final area. I'm sure they will do the same in dark souls

BIG L RETURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #36
WilRonward

ForGreatJustice's Gamercard
Hey, awesome guide!

Just a quick question:
Some covenants require you to invade/interact with other players.
And they reward you with unique weapons / miracles / spells...

So how do you get all the ach. offline? is it possible? I hate PvP...
Old 10-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #37
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilRonward View Post
Hey, awesome guide!

Just a quick question:
Some covenants require you to invade/interact with other players.
And they reward you with unique weapons / miracles / spells...

So how do you get all the ach. offline? is it possible? I hate PvP...
For Darkmoon, you must then farm the harpys in the painting world to get enough souvenirs of repirsal.

For Sunlight, you must get 50fatih and then in your NG+, be a human before every possible boss fight in order to get a medal. (9 per playthrough, only need 10)
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #38
psymatiq

H2O Psy's Gamercard
White titinite slab is in the room before Nito in tomb of giants. There is a small walkway into the wall opersit the door leading into nito. A corpse got the slab there.

19 Retail couple arcade completed
psymatiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #39
Echilion

Eyes of death can be farmed off the basilisks (frogs) in the depths.

White Dragon Breath needs to be added to sorcery list

Last edited by Echilion; 10-13-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #40
GuyAboveMeSucks

GuyAboveMeSucks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echilion View Post
Eyes of death can be farmed off the basilisks (frogs) in the depths.
I would absolutely hate to do that lol.
GuyAboveMeSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #41
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Didn't wade through all the posts, but I came across a piece of info in the ign guide about farming green titanite and large titanite shards.

In the depths, there is a bonfire and a hallway with 6-7 slimes. Those slimes drop them both. Just kill them, go to bonfire, rinse repeat.

My humanity is at 3, and I manage to get one every other run.

Once you have beaten the butcher, turn around and go through the water (watch the dogs and the undead). Once you arrive on the other side, go right. Right again and at the end is a door. Descend (watch the slime above the loot to your left) and follow the hallway all the way through until you reach the bonfire. Note that you shouldn't linger in this hallway, or the slimes will drop on your head and most likely kill you.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls/The_Depths

You can read up on the directions here, but they aren't very clear either, I hope it helps either way.

Guides & Roadmaps created:
Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2

Last edited by rrushn; 10-13-2011 at 09:36 PM.
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #42
GuyAboveMeSucks

GuyAboveMeSucks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrushn View Post
Didn't wade through all the posts, but I came across a piece of info in the ign guide about farming green titanite and large titanite shards.

In the depths, there is a bonfire and a hallway with 6-7 slimes. Those slimes drop them both. Just kill them, go to bonfire, rinse repeat.

My humanity is at 3, and I manage to get one every other run.

Once you have beaten the butcher, you need to go through a door on the side which leads to this hallway (NOT the hole behind him, I found out the hard way).
Run through it until you reach the door with the bonfire behind, or the slimes will stick onto your head and most likely kill you.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls/The_Depths

You can read up on the directions here, but they aren't very clear either, I hope it helps either way.
Also to add on to this take the extra 15 seconds and run down the stairset connected to the "slime hallway" and kill the 5 rats to farm humanity at the same time. Its what i did, the whole run takes about 20-30 seconds from bonfire rest to rest. Use a fire spell on the slimes for more damage and to speed up the process.
GuyAboveMeSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #43
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyAboveMeSucks View Post
Also to add on to this take the extra 15 seconds and run down the stairset connected to the "slime hallway" and kill the 5 rats to farm humanity at the same time. Its what i did, the whole run takes about 20-30 seconds from bonfire rest to rest. Use a fire spell on the slimes for more damage and to speed up the process.
Aye, I'm just done exploring those sewers, and I'm 8 humanity richer, gonna try my luck again while including a sewers tour for basilisks (200 souls) and rats (humanity).

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 10-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #44
CelticFan x17

celticfanx17's Gamercard
ugh this is so daunting, gives me a lot to think about and plan before starting my new character, thank you for this guide!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #45
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
For Darkmoon, you must then farm the harpys in the painting world to get enough souvenirs of repirsal.

For Sunlight, you must get 50fatih and then in your NG+, be a human before every possible boss fight in order to get a medal. (9 per playthrough, only need 10)
Quick question about the Sunlight thing, I take it you need to actually kill the bosses whilst still in human form to earn the medal?

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #46
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageIzBliss View Post
Quick question about the Sunlight thing, I take it you need to actually kill the bosses whilst still in human form to earn the medal?
Well, its so you can summon Soltair and make sure he lives the boss fight(4 times this is possible). 3 in a chest...forget where other 2 are.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #47
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Well, its so you can summon Soltair and make sure he lives the boss fight(4 times this is possible). 3 in a chest...forget where other 2 are.
Ah ok, get it now. Gonna be a bitch putting 38 more points in faith though, it already costs me 35k+ for one level

Old 10-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #48
NeoSant

NeoSant's Gamercard
The only missable achievement bosses are priscilla and Dark Sun Gwyndolin right???
Old 10-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #49
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSant View Post
The only missable achievement bosses are priscilla and Dark Sun Gwyndolin right???
Yeah they are the only optional bosses with achievements.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #50
Slane

Send a message via AIM to Slane

madslane's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
True Greatsword of Artorias - requires gaining 5 kills in the Forest Covenant. Talk with Alvira and then fight Sif, but let Sif escape when he is low on health.
Fairly positive people have tested this and it's been proven false. You obtain this by ascending a Broken straight sword or Straight Sword hilt with the Soul of Sif.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #51
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slane View Post
Fairly positive people have tested this and it's been proven false. You obtain this by ascending a Broken straight sword or Straight Sword hilt with the Soul of Sif.

i just did one today actually and it didn't give me the True one...

GUIDES:
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
Old 10-14-2011, 01:15 AM   #52
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
You can't "let Sif escape." It's not an option. Even the Dark Souls Wiki fixed this and X'd this out so people aren't further misinformed.

It concerns me that people who have yet to 1k or be near 1k in this game are writing guides. No offense, OP, I have simply found a lot of misinformation regarding this game and am wary to trust any roadmap made by a person who has yet to actually complete it. A lot of people are just perpetuating the same mistaken stuff over and over.

Following the wrong information has fucked me up more than once in this game now. I'm starting to lose my patience for it.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil

Last edited by IDiivil; 10-14-2011 at 01:19 AM.
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:22 AM   #53
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDiivil View Post
You can't "let Sif escape." It's not an option. Even the Dark Souls Wiki fixed this and X'd this out so people aren't further misinformed.

It concerns me that people who have yet to 1k or be near 1k in this game are writing guides. No offense, OP, I have simply found a lot of misinformation regarding this game and am wary to trust any roadmap made by a person who has yet to actually complete it. A lot of people are just perpetuating the same mistaken stuff over and over.

Following the wrong information has fucked me up more than once in this game now. I'm starting to lose my patience for it.
For rare games like these, nothing beats a full-fledged strategy guide, which I'll be picking up this weekend.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 10-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #54
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You have a job I don't want right now; this guide will be a few bitches on a bitch boat, to be sure, especially with the lack of reliable information around in general. The guide book has issues, the Dark Souls wiki has issues, and the veterans from Demon's Souls have issues, so it's a veritable clusterfuck.

Quote:
Soul of Sif & +10 Hilt/Broken Sword = Great Sword of Artorias
Quote:
True Greatsword of Artorias - requires gaining 5 kills in the Forest Covenant. Talk with Alvira and then fight Sif, but let Sif escape when he is low on health.
It's the second quote has bad info; there's no way to let a boss escape, even this one. Alvina only gives you information about Sif at 5 kills, which doesn't really do much. You just need the broken sword.

Quote:
i just did one today actually and it didn't give me the True one...
It's not called "True Greatsword of Artorias". It's just the "true" version. They both have the same name, so you need to make a note of it. I had a +10 Zweihander, and +10 broken sword. Both give the option to make the "Greatsword of Artorias", with no differentiation between the two besides stats. The easiest way to see which is which in your inventory is by parameter bonuses; the "true" one has all B's, the "cursed" one has all C's.

Last edited by Auburok; 10-14-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:29 AM   #55
IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Quote:
For rare games like these, nothing beats a full-fledged strategy guide, which I'll be picking up this weekend.
The full fledged strategy guide is helpful, but it can either be too vague, and when it is not vague, it often has wrong information. An example of wrong information in the guide was in the crystal lizards section, asking you to use a 100% fire resist shield when no such thing exists for a boss fight, drift creatures, online play level spreads, and... some other things. I'm afraid I haven't gone strictly through the book marking down errors to be able to list them easily here.

Good luck on figuring out the maps as well. They're pretty useless at times. I was turning my book in all sorts of directions trying to figure out the Great Hollow before I said, "Screw it" and went to map it out on my own in my brain. It worked better.

Anyways, there's no "easy answer" to figuring out Dark Souls and keeping track of everything and ... yeah. It's all going to be a pain in the ass. I just want a provided roadmap to not have blatantly wrong information.

Also, I'd be willing to help out with some information, OP, and correct you whenever I notice, but are you going to be providing credit to the posters who add their own information to help you out? I'm afraid I'm a total credit/attention whore and require my congratulatory pettings :3

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
Old 10-14-2011, 01:31 AM   #56
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Quote:
I'm not sure about that tbh, buddy of mine was all excited he got the last one at Gamestop I literally looked at it for like 45 seconds and saw it has the wrong locations listed for Flame Ember and Choas Flame Ember

Old 10-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #57
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
The full fledged strategy guide is helpful, but it can either be too vague, and when it is not vague, it often has wrong information. An example of wrong information in the guide was in the crystal lizards section, asking you to use a 100% fire resist shield when no such thing exists for a boss fight, drift creatures, online play level spreads, and... some other things. I'm afraid I haven't gone strictly through the book marking down errors to be able to list them easily here.

Good luck on figuring out the maps as well. They're pretty useless at times. I was turning my book in all sorts of directions trying to figure out the Great Hollow before I said, "Screw it" and went to map it out on my own in my brain. It worked better.

Anyways, there's no "easy answer" to figuring out Dark Souls and keeping track of everything and ... yeah. It's all going to be a pain in the ass. I just want a provided roadmap to not have blatantly wrong information.

Also, I'd be willing to help out with some information, OP, and correct you whenever I notice, but are you going to be providing credit to the posters who add their own information to help you out? I'm afraid I'm a total credit/attention whore and require my congratulatory pettings :3
Well, thanks for the heads up anyway.

Gonna buy it regardless, it's a nice looking book and if anything, it'll beat 25 webpages on my laptop when it comes to centralising information.

I'm sure I'll get SOME use out of it... maybe, I hope.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 10-14-2011, 01:40 AM   #58
IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm not sure about that tbh, buddy of mine was all excited he got the last one at Gamestop I literally looked at it for like 45 seconds and saw it has the wrong locations listed for Flame Ember and Choas Flame Ember
The guidebook is exact in the locations for both. Not sure what you were looking at.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:46 AM   #59
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Quote:
The guidebook is exact in the locations for both. Not sure what you were looking at.
Towards the back of the guide with the weapon advancement achievements it lists them both as being in Lost Izalith. They are in the Demon Ruins. That was the only place I looked because at the time I was confused about the achievements and wanted to see what the info was like about them.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #60
IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Quote:
Towards the back of the guide with the weapon advancement achievements it lists them both as being in Lost Izalith. They are in the Demon Ruins. That was the only place I looked because at the time I was confused about the achievements and wanted to see what the info was like about them.
Ah, I thought you meant on the map. Yeah, I guess the back of the book did completely miss where the locations were... weird, considering how the former has them right.

How perplexing.