PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-20-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
XxUNIQUExSOULxX

XxUNIQUExSOULxX's Gamercard
Assassins creed revelations: Altiar's accent

The new video of the gamecom demo for ac:r just came out and showed game play of Ezio and altiar the game looks amazing but what I didn't like is the fact that altiar has a accent that makes him sound like a sissy What do you guys think of his accent
XxUNIQUExSOULxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
HorsemanOfWar16

Lord Jimbobalot's Gamercard
I like it cause it makes the character look/feel/ and sound like where he come from.
- The thing is it could be a number of things, The Voice actor may not have wanted to do it, more likely the folks at Ubi said "we need to make his voice more middle-eastern" lol - I think it's fine and it will still be altair

The gamescom demo was awesome, they really are vamping the graphics, the gameplay - I just want to get my hands on it!! - Don't recommend anyone to watch the gamescom demo if they don't want spoilers

Currently Awaiting: ME: Shadow of Mordor, Destiny, AC: Unity, Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo V, Tc: The Division, Tc: Siege

1000/1000: Mark of the Ninja, Dead Space 1+ 2, GoW 1+2, Darksiders, Batman: AA, Assassin's Creed 1+2+ Brotherhood, Fallout 3, Fallout:NV , COD 2 - MW 1+2 - WaW, Halo:ODST - Reach, Battlefield:BC2 - 1943, Left 4 Dead 1+2.
HorsemanOfWar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
Maiyku

maiyku's Gamercard
People from different areas of the world have accents. Its a fact. AC has always had a great eye for detail, why leave one of the biggest out? One of the things I liked about Ezio the most was that they integrated a lot of Italian into the dialogue.

As much as I loved the first AC, it was kind of weird walking around as a guy from the middle east and having him speak perfect Americanized English xP.

Arcade 100% - Plants vs. Zombies, Minecraft

Currently Playing: Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs
Maiyku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiyku View Post
People from different areas of the world have accents. Its a fact. AC has always had a great eye for detail, why leave one of the biggest out? One of the things I liked about Ezio the most was that they integrated a lot of Italian into the dialogue.

As much as I loved the first AC, it was kind of weird walking around as a guy from the middle east and having him speak perfect Americanized English xP.
My exact opinion. I even had give him a more exacerbate accent, just as Ezzio, that sounds sounds italian all the time.
Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #5
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't think that you should be complaining about his accent when you can't even spell his name right. Sorry, had to be done.

I like his new accent personally. It gives the character a lot more depth and he actually sounds like he was born where he lives.

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
Astrex
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Astrex

Astrex's Gamercard
I can't believe people are actually moaning about this, get a frikkin life!
Astrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrex View Post
I can't believe people are actually moaning about this, get a frikkin life!
And you posted for what reason?

Back on topic: The accent through me off at first but I slowly grew to like it. It was a bit of a change but there is nothing we can do about it really!

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
kohlerxxx

kohlerxxx's Gamercard
you do realise that in the trailer he is younger than he was in AC1
kohlerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #9
Ethiebeefy

Ethiebeefy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeekBoy View Post
And you posted for what reason?

Back on topic: The accent through me off at first but I slowly grew to like it. It was a bit of a change but there is nothing we can do about it really!
To get his post count up
Old 09-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #10
DeanBriggz

B1zuk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlerxxx View Post
you do realise that in the trailer he is younger than he was in AC1
I don't think the age gap is that big, though - not to the point where his voice would go from middle-eastern-y to AC1's Altair, anyway.

That said, Altair's voice in AC1 made me "wtf" at first but I grew to like it, now I guess I'm gonna have to let the new voice grow on me

DeanBriggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #11
mytin

m y t i n's Gamercard
The new voice makes it a lot more authentic. I mean wtf is an American doing in Jerusalem and etc.
mytin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:23 AM   #12
BELLEND 2000

Thats true, although maybe some people wouldnt understand a ruffled voice of an arabian american in the midddle east, because in AC 2 there is only italians, so it sounds natural
BELLEND 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 AM   #13
BELLEND 2000

Also, they went with an american accent for altair because it was an american company that made it, and they are advertising the game to a broader audience
BELLEND 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:30 AM   #14
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Wasn't it mentioned by Lucy in AC1 when Desmond asked about the accents of the characters, and she told him that the animus has an inbuilt translator chip/modifier that helps convert the authentic Middle Eastern voices to American English, she even jokes that she could turn it off so everyone speaks Authentic Arabic
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #15
Raenahin

Raenahin's Gamercard
The PS3 version of AC1 (included with AC:R) is getting the Altair's new accent in the old game. Any word on a similar patch for the 360?
Raenahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #16
HAK Devil

Send a message via MSN to HAK Devil

HAK Devil x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Wasn't it mentioned by Lucy in AC1 when Desmond asked about the accents of the characters, and she told him that the animus has an inbuilt translator chip/modifier that helps convert the authentic Middle Eastern voices to American English, she even jokes that she could turn it off so everyone speaks Authentic Arabic
QFT! Good, someone posted it so I didn't have to
100,000 GamerScore achieved on 8/8/2010 at 9:35 PM with 89.13% GamerScore Completion!!
HAK Devil is offline   Reply With Quote