PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
Achievement Discussion

The Achievements are here

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/head...vements/285109

They look pretty challenging but nothing that wont take a few controllers.

Discuss.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Why not just use this thread to discuss the achievements? More than likely, both threads will contain the same content, so there is no need for a second.

Just report the original and ask for a title change.

Last edited by iBuzz7S; 10-14-2011 at 11:49 PM.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #3
Teh Phantomz

You are right I guess, you usually see threads with 'Achievement Discussion' not 'Achievements are here' I interpreted the other thread as just showing the achievements, not actually being a discussion thread.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:12 AM   #4
Teh Phantomz

One of Halo Anniversary's big emphasis is on Co-op play so most of these should be able to be attained in Co-op.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #5
Teh Phantomz

Dark Reign, I'm thinking you either have to just stand on top of the hog or do a warthog grenade jump or possibly if you get a rocket before this do a rocket jump with the hog.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
ReD S1X

ReD S1X's Gamercard
yep, after seeing the achievement list I'd be ripping my head off and keep screaming after countless amount of dying if playing.

I'll avoid it for now else I'll be having a heart attack on the damn Library level.

Reached to 300,000G @ 16/8/13
Achieved 10,000 achievements @ 28/12/12
ReD S1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
Teh Phantomz

If worse comes to worse you can always co-op but it will be fun to try by yourself.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Halo was made to be enjoyed with a friend. Co-op it up people!!!!!!!!! Especially the Library achievements. Co-op the hell outta those!

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag
Teh Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
Teh Phantomz

The emphasis on Halo: CE Anniversary is the Co-op game play so it will be good.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Pretty cool achievements I must say. Challenging but fun, didnt expect a vidmaster-like achievement like Tsantsa. I better do that in co-op

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
Teh Phantomz

Tsansta doesn't sound too difficult to me, I guess we just need to see the other skulls.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
Jawsant

batt1sta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReD S1X View Post
yep, after seeing the achievement list I'd be ripping my head off and keep screaming after countless amount of dying if playing. I'll avoid it for now else I'll be having a heart attack on the damn Library level.
Supposedly "The Library" is going to be easier this time around, I remember hearing that a few months ago..

1000GS or More:
[/SIZE]
Halo: Reach, Halo: CE Anniversary, Halo 3, TFU II, Borderlands, The Walking Dead (Video Game), Captain America: Super Soldier

Message me if you want to play/start a custom games in Halo 3 OR Halo Reach

Jawsant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
Teh Phantomz

I don't think it will be as much easier because that will change the core gameplay but I believe it was said they are going to add more lighting so you are able to see better. Which I guess will make it easier because that was a big problem for me.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #14
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Phantomz View Post
I don't think it will be as much easier because that will change the core gameplay but I believe it was said they are going to add more lighting so you are able to see better. Which I guess will make it easier because that was a big problem for me.
I think I'm gonna play it in classic mode. just to make this more tougher.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #15
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Can't wait should be some good fun coop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
I don't even read thread titles anymore. I just post whatever's on my mind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Alright guys, I'm officially the biggest bitch on XBA.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #16
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Library speed run's gonna be the worst hands down
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

For me personally, the hardest achievement will probably be beating Truth and Reconciliation with 4 bullets left in the Sniper. This is suggesting you will have to keep the sniper on you the entire level AND you can't use all of your ammo for it. This level lacks a pistol, so your only arsenal is an Assault Rifle, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Pistol, or Needler.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #18
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Library speed run's gonna be the worst hands down
I agree, probably the toughest achievement this game. I may have some problems with the one where you can't lose a block of health on heroic or higher, I was playing The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary in preparation late last night, I seemed receive a glancing blow from a stray grenade now and again, but I'll keep trying so I know I can do this when Anniversary comes out. The other achievement that's not exactly tough, but I find to be rather time consuming, is How Pedestrian. I know you have to grenade jump in the unnatural cave, but I can't seem to do it. DarkReign, what happened to your guide? Did it get removed? I NEEDZ HALP
Old 10-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #19
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
I agree, probably the toughest achievement this game. I may have some problems with the one where you can't lose a block of health on heroic or higher, I was playing The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary in preparation, I seemed receive a glancing blow from a stray grenade now and again, but I'll keep trying so I know I can do this when Anniversary comes out. The other achievement that's not exactly tough, but I find to be rather time consuming, is How Pedestrian. I know you have to grenade jump in the unnatural cave, but I can't seem to do it. DarkReign, what happened to your guide? Did it get removed? I NEEDZ HALP
Yeah. They removed it.

I don't personally recommend using Pillar of Autumn for "He's Unstoppable" as even I have some trouble on that level to this day (Curse that damn stairway!) My personal suggestion, assuming you're willing to glitch the game, is Assault on the Control Room. At the beginning of the level when you first get to the bridge, you're able to scale the cliff down to the bottom of the canyon (easier on Co-Op.) This will despawn every enemy in the game. If that's not your cup of tea, there's also the Banshee Rocket glitch. If you fly fast enough through the tunnel after large indoor room, t will despawn every enemy from the canyon with the tower to the end of the level.

http://youtu.be/4Vk47yF1gLA
(Ignore the second half. The first half is the banshee to do the glitch. Doing this is also a way to unlock "I'll take that" earlier than normal (the second half of this video is the "official" banshee they're expecting players to hijack.)

As for the gap on Level 2, this trick is going to require a plasma grenade. You're going to have to position the throw perfectly and get a running jump to make it. Throwing a grenade at your feet and jumping like most grenade launches isn't going to work in this scenario.

Edit: And apparently I have no clue how to embed Youtube videos anymore...

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 10-15-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #20
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Am I the only one that doesn't remember there being any skulls or terminals in the first Halo game? I thought skulls weren't introduced until Halo 2.. and Terminals in 3.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #21
Teh Phantomz

Skulls are the only real thing they are changing in the campaign but it doesn't take away from the core gameplay. It's too bad they deleted your guide but it gives you time to perfect it I guess and I am also finding the not getting hit hard and that jump.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #22
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't remember there being any skulls or terminals in the first Halo game? I thought skulls weren't introduced until Halo 2.. and Terminals in 3.
You're right. There were no skulls and terminals in the original Halo CE. 343 have added them now, one in each level afaik. You can only interact with them when you're using the new graphics. They don't exist in classic mode.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #23
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I dont think any of my friends are getting this (mostly just MW3) so i was wondering if anyone wants to add me and we could do the campaign on Legendary when this game comes out on release day.

We could also work towards the level specific achievements afterwrds.
I wanted to play the game on Regular then Remastered version.

If your possibly interested please feel free to add me on xbox live @ JONBLEACH

thanks
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:00 AM   #24
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Ok. I just finished my Legendary run of Halo: CE with the 'Achievement' Guidelines. Obviously I can't know if they're all 100% accurate (still not sure exactly how the Sniper in T&R works) but to the best of my knowledge all of these achievements are manageable. If it had been the Anniversary version, the only ones I would be missing are the Terminal and Skull cheevos. It took me about 5 hours to get through the campaign with the use of various tricks and glitches in each level.

So, who else is ready for Anniversary? Those terminals have me shaking with anticipation. I'm dying to know what's on them. More information about the Forerunner, the Inferi, and Halo 4 in general. I'm game. I just wish Glasslands would hurry up :-/ That'll help tide me over until Anniversary and Primordium.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:13 AM   #25
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Ok. I just finished my Legendary run of Halo: CE with the 'Achievement' Guidelines. Obviously I can't know if they're all 100% accurate (still not sure exactly how the Sniper in T&R works) but to the best of my knowledge all of these achievements are manageable. If it had been the Anniversary version, the only ones I would be missing are the Terminal and Skull cheevos. It took me about 5 hours to get through the campaign with the use of various tricks and glitches in each level.

So, who else is ready for Anniversary? Those terminals have me shaking with anticipation. I'm dying to know what's on them. More information about the Forerunner, the Inferi, and Halo 4 in general. I'm game. I just wish Glasslands would hurry up :-/ That'll help tide me over until Anniversary and Primordium.

Hey man, do u mind if i add you to my FL on xbox live, im also currently playing Halo Reach and i have no friends that play the game and im always stuck playing with mic-less teammates
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:46 AM   #26
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

All I first saw was any difficulty like a million times with legendary. Very easy points.
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:54 AM   #27
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBLEACH View Post
Hey man, do u mind if i add you to my FL on xbox live, im also currently playing Halo Reach and i have no friends that play the game and im always stuck playing with mic-less teammates
Anybody is welcome to add me as long as they send me a message telling me they're from X360A. I will say that I'm typically a mic-less player though. My wife doesn't like me using the mic, so when she's home I typically keep it out or at least don't talk much. If she's not home though I'm always up for a party chat.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #28
Teh Phantomz

So you managed the library on Legendary in 30 minutes?

Old 10-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #29
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Sooooo Halo 3 was 1750G.

You would think so would Reach...

So anyone think Reach will be getting Halo Anniversary map pack achievements?

Anyone wanna guess what they could be? Id say Blood Gultch would have a sniper one or CTF one lol.

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag
Teh Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #30
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
So anyone think Reach will be getting Halo Anniversary map pack achievements?
I'm thinking it will. Would be nice if they rounded it out at 1750 but having 350G attached to it is a stretch. Couldn't speculate on achievements though, may as well just wait (though I hope there's a firefight achievement for the new map!).

More on topic, I already said this in the other thread but I'm glad the Anniversary achievements are co-op friendly. Halo's always been a social experience to me and co-op campaign is the main reason I much prefer this series to other FPS' that restrict you to single player. I really hated having to play through Legendary solo on Reach, not because of the difficulty but because it just wasn't as fun without others to share the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 10-16-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote