PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #31
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
I just love Halo for what it is but I wish there was play the campaign on co-op legendary achievement would have been cool but doesn't mean I still won't do it.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #32
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Phantomz View Post
So you managed the library on Legendary in 30 minutes?
Took me a couple tries since I had to relearn the level layout and I'm still not quite used to how Halo plays compared to Reach, but on my second run I was able to do it in 25 minutes. Few more playthroughs and I should be able to get it down to 15-20.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #33
Teh Phantomz

Fantastic! Did you have much difficulty? and if so which parts?

Old 10-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #34
bryanrocks14

bryanrocks14's Gamercard
Smile easy and fun achievments

im one of those people who enjoys goin for the halo achievments even if they end up taking a long time cause in the past halo games have had some pretty hard achievments, not this time. these achievmets are super easy, u could have 1000 after 2 playthroughs (or 1 if u wanted too but i wanna enjoy it)..this is awsome..i used to love this campaign but havent played it in years, so im excited to see the change
bryanrocks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #35
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Fantastic! Did you have much difficulty? and if so which parts?
I've never really been bad at that level honestly. I used to play it on Legendary as a warm-up for lan matches and such because it gets your awareness and reaction time way up. As long as you're smart about your shotgun and keep your wits about you it's really just a matter of perseverance.

The biggest thing to lookout for is the Carrier forms since they like to drop from those vents after you pass them. They're pretty good at getting behind you and exploding. It helps to stand on raised platforms whenever you see the carrier forms since they only explode when you kill them or they get close to you. This prevents them from ambushing you while you thin out the ranks (I also suggest trying to keep them intact until you kill most of the combat forms. The little poppers whittle your shield down quickly, but it's better to let them pop on your shield than to waste ammo on them whenever possible.)

There are also a few combat forms with Rocket Launchers that tend to be a nuisance. They won't hesitate to shoot you from a foot away even if it kills them. if you're good with grenades a well-aimed frag can take them out easily. Otherwise I suggest keeping a pistol handy to snipe them from a distance. You usually know they're around from the flaming ball and smoke trail the rocket makes.

As for specific scenarios, the toughest if you're going for an actual fight will be any of the rooms with the larger circular area that you can fall into. Those usually have the thickest group of flood and it's a big ammo waster. I typically cheat and go the long way around (there will be raised ledges around the circle that you can crouch jump to get over. Just do this a few times and you'll skip most of the flood and be by the blast door that 343 will go to open. While he's opening it you can go back into this detour area and none of the flood will bother you while you wait.

On the final floor, be mindful of the final blast door. it'll open partially and flood will jump through it to ambush you. Once you're inside, though, the above trick works really well to bypass all of the flood and go straight for the index.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #36
Teh Phantomz

You need to make a video, that will be awesome.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #37
DarkReign2021
Banned User

If CEA has a theater mode I'll have trick and glitch videos and entire playthroughs of every level uploaded (I'd even get the pro version just to boost my number of slots), but I doubt this is going to be an included features. Kind of disappointing actually. Halo and Halo 2 are the two games most deserving of a theater mode because of all the awesome stuff you could do.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:38 AM   #38
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Surprise, surprise, DarkReign delivers yet again! See if you can finish the library on mythic in under 20 minutes using only the M9, a plasma pistol or rifle, and grenades when Anniversary ships out.

I totally forgot about CEA and it possibly having a theater mode...but if 343 did have one, would it be featured in the 2011 menu only? And could it register with you switching the versions on the fly? Hmmm... Even if this didn't have a theater mode, I'm still pretty damn happy for 343, seeing what they've accomplished so far with the game.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #39
Teh Phantomz

It is only logical that they would, it would be disappointing if they don't though just crossing my fingers they will have it.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #40
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Honestly if they choose to only feed through one graphic style that's fine by me just so long as we actually get a theater mode. I would hope they don't disable it switching back and forth between styles. At least keep the modern graphics running on the playback while you play in classic so we can still make the videos. Ff course having it register the graphic switch would be awesome (or give us the ability to switch the graphics ourselves during the video so we can comfortably fly around the level and explore things we can't normally reach in the main game.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:12 AM   #41
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathswitness View Post
hhefkjhsdkjfh jdfhk;jhfk;sjdh k;ejhf;'ahfa'lsv kll'hl'hl'sdvjh
Well said!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #42
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Afaik there is no theater mode announced for campaign. But it is along with Forge available in multiplayer obviously.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #43
chizrocker88

Chizrocker888's Gamercard
So excited for this game. Achievements look fun and somewhat difficult so it should make for a good few play throughs.

Excited to see what the terminals add to the SP as other people have said. One more month!
chizrocker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #44
Teh Phantomz

For the skull achievement will there be any silver skulls that will be difficult to locate?

Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #45
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
For the skull achievement will there be any silver skulls that will be difficult to locate?
I'd like them to have a difficult to find/get IWHBYD skull like in Halo 3 and 2.
Quote:

Old 10-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #46
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Judging by the screenshot of skull screen in Today's ViDoc, I'm gonna take a guess and say there won't be any secret side skulls like there was in Halo 3. That said, I have no doubt IWHBYD will involve some kind of annoying puzzle sequence on the level AotCR. That will probably be the downfall of my race for 100%... I hate puzzles. Took forever to figure out the ring sequence in Halo 3 and don't even get me started on the checkpoint sequencing in Halo 2. Getting the skull to spawn in H2 was harder than killing 7 waves of 7 Spec-Ops Elites on Legendary...
Old 10-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #47
Teh Phantomz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Judging by the screenshot of skull screen in Today's ViDoc, I'm gonna take a guess and say there won't be any secret side skulls like there was in Halo 3. That said, I have no doubt IWHBYD will involve some kind of annoying puzzle sequence on the level AotCR. That will probably be the downfall of my race for 100%... I hate puzzles. Took forever to figure out the ring sequence in Halo 3 and don't even get me started on the checkpoint sequencing in Halo 2. Getting the skull to spawn in H2 was harder than killing 7 waves of 7 Spec-Ops Elites on Legendary...
If you play it the day it comes out and go for all the achievements at once it is going to be tough as there probably wont be any skull guides out so you will have to look for them yourself. That is going to be long to search each ad bit of a level while going for 1st 100% which I hope you get.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #48
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I won't be putting a full effort into finding the terminals and skulls in my first playthrough. I'll do cursory searches in places I find highly probable, but I'm not gonna go too far out of my way to get them because of the timed achievements and the constant danger from being on Legendary. Terminals I'll aim to get in my first playthrough if I happen to stumble onto them, but only if I find them in order, I only want to see them in order from lvl 1 to 10, I won't be activating them until my second playthrough if I can't find one earlier on. (Than I'll probably just put it on Easy so I can explore at my leisure.) I never was good at finding them and I probably won't be the first one to find all of them though. I'm banking on The Library's challenge cheevos to hold back those who do find the terminals and skulls first. lol

I will definitely share anything I find on here though, so if anybody with capture cards is planning on making a guide I'll be sharing locations. (I just hope to god they aren't hiding skulls outside of the typical level parameters. As much as I love hog launching, I don't feel like getting out of the levels to find them. That's a lot of territory to cover...)
Old 10-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #49
Teh Phantomz

I have a feeling there will be some very difficult ones considering how the achievements are. Just pray you are not on classic when you walk by a terminal or skull.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #50
Morgan Everett

Morgan Everett's Gamercard
Quote:
-
Why the rush?
Morgan Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #51
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Everett View Post
Why the rush?
He's trying to get the first 1000 on this site.

If some guy who gets the game before the street date doesn't get the full 1000g, I don't think anyone else could beat DarkReign since he knows this game better than anyone sane man should.
Quote:

Old 10-18-2011, 04:08 AM   #52
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Everett View Post
Why the rush?
Liike Gheuh said, it's a race to be the first one 100% done in as many different senses of the phrase as possible. Some might say that takes all the fun out of gaming since Achievements aren't everything and I would typically agree, but I've played this game so much already that there's fun to be had no matter how I approach it at this point. Besides that, I've never really gone for any achievement speed runs. I had planned to go for Halo: Reach in 24 hours, but those 2 rank achievements screwed that idea, so I just didn't bother.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:11 AM   #53
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post

If some guy who gets the game before the street date doesn't get the full 1000g, I don't think anyone else could beat DarkReign since he knows this game better than anyone sane man should.
Normally i look down on those who rush achievements as my view is you should experience the game then aim for achievements as an after thought, but in this case i'm cheering for DarkReign, and not that you'll need it but i will be on standby ready to offer my assistance for any skulls & terminals.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:35 AM   #54
Teh Phantomz

In Reign we trust.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:50 AM   #55
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Can only hope. Of course, I don't have much room for bragging as my current achievements stand. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm still missing one achievement from Halo Wars, Halo 2 Vista I can't even get to connect to my gamertag to get those achievements, and I haven't even beaten Marathon 2 on XBLA yet. For that, I have to appluad MixMaker and another user on my friends list by the name Devil Mingy. They're both 100% in every Halo/Bungie game that has achievements to give (I just wish they'd release more Bungie classics. I wanna see Myth, Oni, and Pathways Into Darkness come over as well as the other Marathon games. The one we got was easily the worst in the series.)
Old 10-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #56
Lewi

surfalewi's Gamercard
I am largely unfamiliar with reign but know his achievement guides and the information on the tips and tricks thread is unreal. thoroughly deserving of the first 1000.
and btw love the anniversary ach guide. there's a few little errors here and there but nothing that won't be taken care of before the 15th.

legendary on halo ce isn't too hard. I did it with my bro when I was 9 and I think I've gotten a bit better since then(hopefully) do definitely going for 1000 with this one. normally don't care about 1000 but halo is my all time favourite series.

bring it on!!!

IDDQD
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #57
Teh Phantomz

Halo CE to me is psychologically the hardest Halo legendary for me. It is probably because I was young when I played it and wasn't all that good, even though it isn't the hardest too me I see it as difficult. Can't wait to make it mine when it comes out.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #58
Lewi

surfalewi's Gamercard
yea thats the funny thing. i remember halo ce being hard but i remember halo 2 being the same difficulty. i somehow managed to finish both with a mate.

i just cant fathom how i can not be bothered to complete reach on legendary but did those 2. i guess im spoilt for choice; id rather play multiplayer, another AAA game thats out atm and still to come.

IDDQD
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #59
Teh Phantomz

Haven't beat CE on legendary wasn't good enough. Did Reach Solo like it was nothing.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #60
Morgan Everett

Morgan Everett's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post

Given how many hours I've sunk into the game, I doubt that very much.

Quote:
Liike Gheuh said, it's a race to be the first one 100% done in as many different senses of the phrase as possible. Some might say that takes all the fun out of gaming since Achievements aren't everything and I would typically agree, but I've played this game so much already that there's fun to be had no matter how I approach it at this point. Besides that, I've never really gone for any achievement speed runs. I had planned to go for Halo: Reach in 24 hours, but those 2 rank achievements screwed that idea, so I just didn't bother.
Fair enough. I'm going to be too busy drooling over the improved textures and lighting, as well as struggling with "Leave it Where it Lay".
Morgan Everett is offline   Reply With Quote