PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Forza Motorsport 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #121
Protagonist.

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASS DOMINATION View Post
quick question: I'm about 1/3 done the 9th season in career mode with a level 20 affinty (Audi). Once I finish career mode if I were to get the backup driver to do all the races for me in the event list would that be enough to get me to level 50 affinity? Of course I would be using audi in every race possible which is over 90% of them.

I love Forza but I can only race on the same track so often until it becomes a complete grind. Plus I have a half dozen games on my to-do list so I would like to get the 1000GS in Forza as quick as possible.
I doubt you would get near lvl 50, but it will help.

My advice is to make sure you turn off the class restriction when you tackle the event list. That small change will help you burn through the event list quicker since you can utilize the faster race cars in many races. Also makes it easier to have a valid car without having to buy another or tune down one of your existing cars.

If you need to boost manufacturer affinity still after unlocking all the other achievements, maybe you could set up an unattended oval race. Private online race w/ one AI, 50+ laps of a suitable oval track, put rubber band around the throttle (and steering if needed), maybe turn on all the assists. I'm not sure if it would work. But it is a strategy I used back in GT3 days to boost credits.

Edit: It does work, but gave me zero credits. Must be the game's anti-cheat system.

Last edited by Protagonist.; 04-21-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Protagonist. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #122
Muse23PT

Muse23PT's Gamercard
No... to gain affinity level and XP you must drive yourself
Muse23PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #123
BhR KiLLeR

Thanks for your effort
BhR KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #124
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist. View Post
I doubt you would get near lvl 50, but it will help.

My advice is to make sure you turn off the class restriction when you tackle the event list. That small change will help you burn through the event list quicker since you can utilize the faster race cars in many races. Also makes it easier to have a valid car without having to buy another or tune down one of your existing cars.

If you need to boost manufacturer affinity still after unlocking all the other achievements, maybe you could set up an unattended oval race. Private online race w/ one AI, 50+ laps of a suitable oval track, put rubber band around the throttle (and steering if needed), maybe turn on all the assists. I'm not sure if it would work. But it is a strategy I used back in GT3 days to boost credits.

Edit: It does work, but gave me zero credits. Must be the game's anti-cheat system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse23PT View Post
No... to gain affinity level and XP you must drive yourself
Alright, thanks for the info.

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
105 completed games 81 Retail - 25 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #125
LL13JCS

luny lunacide's Gamercard
Nice guide, I would perhaps add to it that using the auction house for the most expensive cars can save you a fair bit..

I got my Shelby Cobra Daytona for about 1mill creds, my 250GTO for just under 7mill. meaning for them wanting the achievement its well worth checking the auction house.. (those 2 cars is a saving of 7mill straight away...showing how the Auction house can really help)
LL13JCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #126
MASS DOMINATION

Question: I plan on on getting both the 'factory driver' and the' bucket list' achievements. I will be using the backup driver for all races that don't allow Audi's (since its my affinity car).

Now once I get these achievements will I have enough credits to buy all the cars needed for the 'Ferrari collector' and 'exclusive taste' achievements assuming I don't buy anything else?

These are the only achievements I'm worried about and while I am using the auction house most cars don't sell for much under the retail price anyways.

Oh, and will the 'forza world tourer' achievement still unlock by the time I finish the event list even if I use a backup driver for a lot of the races?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.

Last edited by MASS DOMINATION; 05-23-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #127
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Now once I get these achievements will I have enough credits to buy all the cars needed for the 'Ferrari collector' and 'exclusive taste' achievements assuming I don't buy anything else?
Probably not, but if you get some good deals on the AH, you might.

Quote:
Oh, and will the 'forza world tourer' achievement still unlock by the time I finish the event list even if I use a backup driver for a lot of the races?
Hiring a driver doesn't affect this achievement, however, you won't unlock World Tourer just by completing the Event List. There are a few tracks that don't show up. Do a search for World Tourer here to find a list. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just not sure right now which tracks they are and I don't want to give you bad info.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #128
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Quote:
You'll have to do every track except the Test Track layouts. You also have to do all the drag strip layouts and I don't think those are on the event list. Some reverse tracks probably aren't there either.

What I did is make an Excel sheet with all the tracks on it and just marked them off as I did them to keep track. I'd suggest doing something like that as you work on the event list (or just do them in online custom race, that's what I did) so you know what's left over at the end.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #129
MASS DOMINATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
Probably not, but if you get some good deals on the AH, you might.

Hiring a driver doesn't affect this achievement, however, you won't unlock World Tourer just by completing the Event List. There are a few tracks that don't show up. Do a search for World Tourer here to find a list. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just not sure right now which tracks they are and I don't want to give you bad info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyline89 View Post
You'll have to do every track except the Test Track layouts. You also have to do all the drag strip layouts and I don't think those are on the event list. Some reverse tracks probably aren't there either.

What I did is make an Excel sheet with all the tracks on it and just marked them off as I did them to keep track. I'd suggest doing something like that as you work on the event list (or just do them in online custom race, that's what I did) so you know what's left over at the end.
Thanks for the info guys. Cleared a few things up for me.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #130
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
Im only having trouble with perfect drift

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #131
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxxxRules View Post
RWD with 400-500hp. Cars with short wheelbases are easier to get drifting but longer ones are more stable and easier to hold in a drift.

Try the current generation BMW M3 and the w427 Monaro. Do it on one of the Test Track layouts, you have tons of room and literally every corner is capable of a 10,000+ point drift.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #132
PervasiveFall8

PervasiveFall8's Gamercard
Ultima GTR- (probably set for top speed for oval racing- no wing) on the test track speedway. 1 (sometimes 2) perfect drifts per lap.

250+mph drifting, half way through the turn. It was super easy.

I can't drift at all! I ended up getting all the drifting badges failing at getting a LB time at ovals. (got my first one for the achievement, with the Shelby cobra, same track, took me a bit though as described somewhere here in the forum, probably this thread)
PervasiveFall8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #133
FS7

fs7x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DxxxRules View Post
I got this one at one of the oval tracks using an Aston Martin One-77, traction control off.
FS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #134
xZarfotAcheivements

Send a message via Skype™ to xZarfotAcheivements

A Baked Cheddar's Gamercard
Thanks getting those achievements pretty fast got forza 3 on the way also from blockbuster rented

A Baked Cheddar

CLAN

FKOF - Fat Kids On Fire
xZarfotAcheivements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #135
gromitSWE

GromitSWEA's Gamercard
Good guide, thanks!

Third to complete Plants vs Zobies on x360a!!

Contact Details:
PSN: Gromit-SWE
Steam: GromitSWE
Youtube: gromitSWE
gromitSWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #136
catowl

Admiral Blake's Gamercard
Great guide thanks very much
Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #137
XlHackInABoxlX

XIHackInABoxIX's Gamercard
Thank you everyone for your positive feedback over the past couple of months.

To tell you the truth, and I am embarrassed to say this... I completely forgot I was the once that submitted this guide to X360A.

A friend of mine actually said to me, "Dude, you posted the achievement guide for Forza 4 on X360A?"

After I checked it out, and saw that I made it to the front page (where achievement list, and achievement guide are located) I was surprised.

I have not had the time to read everyone's feedback on my guide, although I did browse a few of them and they were mostly positive and somewhat helpful.

---------

I have made a few (long overdue) edits to this achievement guide (including how to get the Factory Driver achievement very easily). At the time of writing this I was only worried about finishing this game as fast as I could, and beating everyone else to having a submitted guide on the site.

I figured it was my way of giving back to this awesome community that has helped me greatly over the past couple of years. I have always been more of a forum lurker, looking for the info I needed, and that is it. So although this doesn't make up for my "laziness" or lack of participation, I hope it does earn me a little positive karma, if nothing else.

I will be making a separate achievement guide soon for the DLC achievements, even though they are very easy.
XlHackInABoxlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #138
sjanuary99

sjanuary99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by XlHackInABoxlX View Post
Thank you everyone for your positive feedback over the past couple of months.

To tell you the truth, and I am embarrassed to say this... I completely forgot I was the once that submitted this guide to X360A.

A friend of mine actually said to me, "Dude, you posted the achievement guide for Forza 4 on X360A?"

After I checked it out, and saw that I made it to the front page (where achievement list, and achievement guide are located) I was surprised.

I have not had the time to read everyone's feedback on my guide, although I did browse a few of them and they were mostly positive and somewhat helpful.

---------

I have made a few (long overdue) edits to this achievement guide (including how to get the Factory Driver achievement very easily). At the time of writing this I was only worried about finishing this game as fast as I could, and beating everyone else to having a submitted guide on the site.

I figured it was my way of giving back to this awesome community that has helped me greatly over the past couple of years. I have always been more of a forum lurker, looking for the info I needed, and that is it. So although this doesn't make up for my "laziness" or lack of participation, I hope it does earn me a little positive karma, if nothing else.

I will be making a separate achievement guide soon for the DLC achievements, even though they are very easy.
i made a few tunes for the porsche achievements, not all of them though. they are free if anybody needs them.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #139
Prowilson123

Prowilson123's Gamercard
This is a fairly easy game and great guide
Prowilson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #140
phoenixosb

phoenixosb's Gamercard
Great guide! Thanks, this one is going to kill a lot of time.
phoenixosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #141
blingATL

blingatl's Gamercard
Great guide, many thanks!
blingATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #142
PrivateLeFeuvre

PrivateLeFeuvre's Gamercard
Setting out on the Event List as I write this. 30% done so far. Going to be a long run. Looking to take out the championship races with the two heats first. Those are the most annoying.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--
PrivateLeFeuvre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #143
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateLeFeuvre View Post
Setting out on the Event List as I write this. 30% done so far. Going to be a long run. Looking to take out the championship races with the two heats first. Those are the most annoying.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--
Do those last. The achievement pops 22 races before it is supposed to, so saving those til last means you won't have to do some of them.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #144
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
Do those last. The achievement pops 22 races before it is supposed to, so saving those til last means you won't have to do some of them.
is this so? well its something, although there are about 5million more races to do

i have a question about the unicorn car. im not really sure what im supposed to so. the guide says you can either be a VIP member or buy one when they become available or win one in a sponsored event.

i haven't played FM3 but i bought the VIP pass for this game, so does that qualify me for getting a unicorn car through being a VIP member or does it strictly have to be from importing a save from FM3 and being VIP from that?

cheers.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #145
GWilly41

hurt magurt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
i have a question about the unicorn car.
This thread on the official forum is great. It starts with the general ways to get unicorns and this guy updates it almost daily. I've got 3 unicorns in the past 3 days just by following whats going on with the forza motorsport forums.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...d/6039937.aspx
GWilly41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #146
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWilly41 View Post
This thread on the official forum is great. It starts with the general ways to get unicorns and this guy updates it almost daily. I've got 3 unicorns in the past 3 days just by following whats going on with the forza motorsport forums.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...d/6039937.aspx
thanks for the link, but i have no idea what any of that means. im not on facebook, so thats probably the easiest of those options out of the window.

what about in the guide where it suggest importing a save from FM3 and being VIP, how would i get a unicorn from that, would it just pop up in a message after importing the save. i might just buy FM3 if its as easy as that, im gonna need to buy a kinect too for that kinect achievement, which fucking sucks.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #147
joseaurelio89

joseaurelio89's Gamercard
Great job!!!
joseaurelio89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #148
GWilly41

hurt magurt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
what about in the guide where it suggest importing a save from FM3 and being VIP, how would i get a unicorn from that, would it just pop up in a message after importing the save. i might just buy FM3 if its as easy as that,
I did get the achievement importing my FM3 save but I was vip in both. I believe you had to be high enough level in 3 and own the unicorn in 3 to import it into 4. I also believe that the cars were DLC cars in 3 so you might have to buy vip and/or dlc for 3.

Check out this thread
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...importing+save
GWilly41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #149
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWilly41 View Post
I did get the achievement importing my FM3 save but I was vip in both. I believe you had to be high enough level in 3 and own the unicorn in 3 to import it into 4. I also believe that the cars were DLC cars in 3 so you might have to buy vip and/or dlc for 3.

Check out this thread
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...importing+save
nice, thanks for the info

looks like its gonna get expensive for 1 achievement, so ill probably let this game go and give up 100%ing it. thanks though
Old 04-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #150
judogrrl

judogrrl's Gamercard
Thanks! Nice guide and also the extra input helps alot, too; I've been struggling with the drift/draft mess and one quick question...where the heck do I find a Delorean?