PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the newly released achievements here!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
The point values involved in these achievements are strange, namely the one for completing all of the memories to 100% (which was 100g with the dlc for the previous game) being downgraded to 20.

I feel like they just went "SCREW IT. Let's make everything 20g"

The only achievements that seem even remotely hard on this list besides are:
- Climb Hagia Sofia, from the ground to the pinnacle, in under 25 seconds (not sure what this building even looks like, and I've never been good at just straight climbing)
- Parachute directly from the top of the Galata Tower to the golden horn. (air controls... gah)

But I must say, Mosh Pit sounds INSANELY fun (have 10 guards poisoned at once)

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Looks good to me, personally the multiplayer seems a lot easier than it was last time in Brotherhood. Only rank up to 20 for the achievement (you can go further for extras and stuff if you want) and nothing insane like Extreme Variety to go after or some of that other crazy crap.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
M4EOzzy

Yeah, I"m really glad to see that the MP achievements are way more reasonable. There were some in Brotherhood that pretty much REQUIRED boosting, it was crazy. I can't let my 100% streak in AC games end yet, so hopefully it should be too bad getting them all in this. Looks like it'll be fun for the most part...
Old 10-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
kieran spartan

kieran spartan's Gamercard
The achievements look reasonable but i dont like the collectible achievements
kieran spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
DrDozo

The Mosh Pit one just sounds hilarious, with the poisoning of the guards. And the Spider Assassin one I love because I always find myself singing the Spider-Man theme when Ezio is climbing some huge ass building.
I gotta say I'm super excited for the last one I read, Bully, where you find and beat up Duccio. I'm going to relish abusing that jerk.
DrDozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Weird thing about Duccio is even though you can beat the crap out of him, I somehow managed to kill him as well so this conflicts with my save file ;>>
Old 10-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
iamtfc

IAMTFC's Gamercard
Ugh @ yet more multiplayer achievements. At least they seem easier then last time. I use the word seems as you never know how they might have tweaked that mode since last time.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How do you start this thread without supplying a link to the achievement list?

MP Cheevs are a HUGE improvement; most are just for trying out various features. Even a bad player can eventually get Achiever (complete a challenge, i.e. kill x number with y weapon) and True Templar (Reach Level 20). Tactician (2500 for a kill) and maybe Make the Headlines (12 different Accolades) are the only ones that require any skill. I won't need to boost this time, yay!

I guess the books (Sage) memoir pages (Worth A Thousand Words) and animus data fragments (Capped)are the equivalent of flags / feathers? I hope they let you map / track them again.

All around, good stuff. Quite a few are like bonus missions, some of which sound quite fun.

Last edited by daishichi; 10-15-2011 at 10:43 PM.
daishichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
Magikarp

Send a message via AIM to Magikarp Send a message via MSN to Magikarp

lonelypizza's Gamercard
Oh man, I am so looking forward to beating up Duccio for the third time.

100% Completed
Retail [2]- Assassins Creed 2, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Arcade [6]- Soul Calibur, Meteos Wars, Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way, Banjo Kazooie, UNO

If anyone would like to boost the following games, feel free to pm/add me on live!

Soul Calibur IV, Blazblue CS, MvC3
Magikarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #11
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post
How do you start this thread without supplying a link to the achievement list?
Thank you sir! I was all confused at first, and then started to get concerned I'd actually have to go do work to find that list. Whew!

They totally make the achievements more accessible. There's no point in even boosting this time around (unless you really don't want to play multiplayer).

The only one that concerns me is:

Fond Memories 20
Achieve 100% Synchronization in all Sequences.

I know there will be just that one mission where I get 80% consistently and can never quite get to 100%. Sigh....
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:57 AM   #12
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
The only one that concerns me is:

Fond Memories 20
Achieve 100% Synchronization in all Sequences.

I know there will be just that one mission where I get 80% consistently and can never quite get to 100%. Sigh....
I wasn't so worried about this at first; very few of AC:B's missions took me more than a second try to get 100%. There were those timed Romulus Lairs, a couple of "don't get hit" missions (easy if you call in your assassins), and...

...oh, wait. Those two da Vinci missions where you can't get hit in the glider and the tank! Musta restarted the glider one a dozen times, and the tank one was really only possible (for me at least) due to a glitch (backing the tank past the desync wall).

Okay, this has the potential to be a toughie....but they only give you 20 GS for it? I think they must have nerfed it a bit based on gamer complaints.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:26 AM   #13
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Musta restarted the glider one a dozen times, and the tank one was really only possible (for me at least) due to a glitch (backing the tank past the desync wall).

Okay, this has the potential to be a toughie....but they only give you 20 GS for it? I think they must have nerfed it a bit based on gamer complaints.
The tank one is the critical turning point when I decided that 100% was going to be impossible in AC:B.

I would not complain if they nerf the achievement for AC:R.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:51 AM   #14
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I never found the 100% synch achievement hard like many people. The only thing that gave me some trouble was that tank mission, but once you got the hang of circle strafing it was easy. The reason so many people complained about 100% synch in Brotherhood because they added it in the Da Vinci DLC after most people alteady beat the game. At least this time around it only applies to the missions and not 100% game synch. No problems here for me. Most certainly an easy 1,000. Don't know why people who hunt achievements complain about collectible achievements. Every game these days has collectibles. If you don't like it, don't search for them. Not like it is very hard with a guide.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:28 AM   #15
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Well, I did resort to the glitch for the tank mission, but I would've kept at it till I got it otherwise. My complaint is that it was kind of unreasonable: why expect perfection with a gameplay mechanic that makes up 1% of the game? I'm awesome at roof running and stabbing people, 'cause that's what the game is about. Tanks and gliders? A bit random. Add to that the absence of checkpoints, requiring 5 minutes of meaningless replay, and the fun is officially sucked out.

They could have been more creative, i.e. knock five guards off a tower with the glider, take out 10 guards with exploding barrels with the tank. I hope to see that type of extra effort asked for in the AC:R 100% mission standards.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:43 AM   #16
FSparacino4

A lot of people bitched about the 100% synch achievement because they felt they could no longer play the game "the way they wanted", but instead had to do each mission the way the devs wanted them to. However, that point is moot because nothing was stopping you from replaying any mission.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #17
billnye69

a stinky hippie's Gamercard
Mp achievements are stupid, they ruin online gameplay for every game that has them, why do they keep adding them in.

Number of Games 100% - 19

Number of Games 100% Ruined by DLC - 3
Number of Games 100% Ruined by glitches - 2
Number of Games 100% Ruined by MP - 12
billnye69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #18
Erunion

Erunion's Gamercard
Quote:
MP Cheevs are a HUGE improvement; most are just for trying out various features. Even a bad player can eventually get Achiever (complete a challenge, i.e. kill x number with y weapon) and True Templar (Reach Level 20). Tactician (2500 for a kill) and maybe Make the Headlines (12 different Accolades) are the only ones that require any skill. I won't need to boost this time, yay!
That's 2500 in a session, not one kill.
Erunion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #19
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erunion View Post
That's 2500 in a session, not one kill.
Ah, that makes much more sense now that you point it out. A big kill in AC:B was 800-900 pts, so a couple of those and a few mid-level kills should do it.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:00 AM   #20
FSparacino4

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnye69 View Post
Mp achievements are stupid, they ruin online gameplay for every game that has them, why do they keep adding them in.
Unless you suck at playing against REAL people, that makes no sense at all. Some online achievements suck, but so do a lot of SP achievements
Old 10-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #21
NinjaCraft QC

NinjaCraft QC's Gamercard
These are tough!
NinjaCraft QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #22
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I'm a little let down with the MP achievements. Given that MP achievements suck but this game I found to be very very fun for MP. I will still level up as high as I can legit unless they broke the MP which will make me sad. Time will tell about how they changed stuff around.

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #23
TVthePunisher

3000 kills were possible, I pulled several off during a boosting session but at most on normal I'd maybe get 1200 or something as my highest point value kill in AC:B.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #24
billnye69

a stinky hippie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
Unless you suck at playing against REAL people, that makes no sense at all. Some online achievements suck, but so do a lot of SP achievements
When I say they ruin the online for games it's because everyone wants to boost, people cry when you don't let them. Nobody wants to play properly or half your team is doing an achievement and people playing for real get their asses kicked.

Not to mention that not everyone has online and what happens when they shut down the servers and those achievements are no longer accessible. Online achievements are stupid and should be done away with.

Achievements should be earned solo to prove ones skills, not how many times you can boost with everyone else.

Number of Games 100% - 19

Number of Games 100% Ruined by DLC - 3
Number of Games 100% Ruined by glitches - 2
Number of Games 100% Ruined by MP - 12
billnye69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #25
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Hmm, these achievements suggest lots of new features, bomb making, some kind of tower defence, ziplines, tax collectors etc. Sounds very interesting, and may tip the balance of me buying or renting this game.

Although i'm not very happy about the 100% Synch missions achievement. And hopefully we'll see more Leonardo in this game, instead of just the DLC like Brotherhood. (I didn't get that DLC though, so I have no idea if he'll be in Revelations)

SSFIV - From C to shining C achievement unlocked!
xI WARFARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #26
TheLukeNason

LcT x FuSiOnZz's Gamercard
the achievements look really good, iam really looking forward to this game.
TheLukeNason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #27
MehurinIV

mehuriniv's Gamercard
wtf?

200g out of 1000 dedicated to MP (yet again). 20g to achieve 100% sync in SP. Sorry but that just seems annoyingly backwards to me. I don't get it...

At least they don't have us throwing money in a well...
MehurinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #28
mrasskicker

CompletedJeroen's Gamercard
hmm... multiplayer looks a lot easier. i guess they'll add in the maps for the flags again. i think this will be the easiest Assassin's Creed game to 100%. too easy if you ask me
mrasskicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #29
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
I'm ok with collectible achievements. It's the multiplayer ones that get me. reaching the highest level possible in multi for brotherhood? Never had enough time to put into it.

I've heard it both ways
Buzz VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #30
Knaapster

knaapster's Gamercard
howlong will it take to reach lvl 20?

Last edited by Knaapster; 11-13-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Knaapster is offline   Reply With Quote