PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-16-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
halofan55

Ok how in the heck do you beat the last mission?

Ok this is really pissing me off. I'm on the last mission where your chasing Markov and you have to keep him from firing the missile but every time I always stay on him and put missile after missile into him and dodging his missiles that never seem to miss the mission fails cause he ends up firing his missile anyway and game over. I dont understand what I have to do. I'm about to break the disk in half lol please help!!
halofan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
Tol

90% of the mission is annoying, scripted, and you can't really hurt him. You need to keep doing DFM on him, following him past landmarks until you get a radio message that "He's started his final approach". Thats when you can finally kill him. I think it's 3, maybe 4 rollarcoaster sequences and then the final fight.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:49 AM   #3
I Astraea I

I Astraea I's Gamercard
You have to keep chasing markov and use DMF against him, dodgeing his missiles too, eventually you'll have a cinimatic scene where you shoot your guns and destroy Markov. The missile will be launched no matter what but at that time you have to shoot it down before it impacts (kind of like the mission with the ICBM)
I Astraea I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
serts68

serts68's Gamercard
right dfm baby.
serts68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:12 AM   #5
halofan55

Thanks guys!!! Man it took me about 15 tries but final beat it. Back to redbox and I'm never touching this game again lol idk why it was so hard but I haven't been this pissed at a game ever since going for the mile high club in call of duty 4 lol again thanks guys!
halofan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:48 AM   #6
BrySkye

BrySkye's Gamercard
If you think this is bad, its just as well you've never tried to fight Sulejmani in Ace Combat: Joint Assault.
That was a pain.
BrySkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrySkye View Post
If you think this is bad, its just as well you've never tried to fight Sulejmani in Ace Combat: Joint Assault.
That was a pain.
Yes most last boss fights in AC are a pain. But after you get the fictional aircraft's they are over in 2 secs. No sure if this game has that tho.
Not that it would do you any good since the last mission is 90% a sightseeing tour of DC before you can hurt him. After the first missile did go form me it was over in a few sec.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #8
Tom Pladgett

Brutopian's Gamercard
The problem with Markov is that you really can't shoot him down until the game allows you to. The first five minutes of the final mission really seem to have no bearing as to whether you succeed or not. You really are unable to shoot the bugger down before reaching the final part of the mission .
Tom Pladgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #9
BrySkye

BrySkye's Gamercard
For the record, this isn't entirely new to the series, and I'll maintain that the battle with Sulejmani at the end of Joint Assault was worse.

Imagine trying to fight Markov without DFM at all and that 95% of the time, you can only damage him with guns.
To add to that, he had a huge amount of HP that had to be whittled down, combined with scripting and the PSP's horrible little analogue nub, and you have quite possibly the most difficult encounter in all of the Ace Combat series.
Or you can have a look for yourselves from my playthrough of the game.
Skip to 9:45

That's a fully upgraded Su-37 as well.
This is why I don't particular mind DFM. Because Sulejmani demonstrated just how cheap the AI had to be made to try and inject a challenge to series veterans.
BrySkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:50 AM   #10
Lash 72

Lash 72's Gamercard
I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled against this mission. That makes me feel a little better. I was hitting him with everything short of trinity missiles and still couldn't take him down. I finally had to take the rental back without beating it cause I ran out of time. If I ever decide to give the game another chance I'll follow the advice listed above.
Lash 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #11
Pointblank25

Pointblank25's Gamercard
I was actually having quite a blast playing this game till Markov shows up. Glad to see that this is all scripted and I'll stop lobbing useless missiles at him and just do DFM. Thanks, guys.
Pointblank25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Last mission? I can't get past the first helicopter "mission". I've tried it with a stick and my control pad...no go. Yeah, I suck but it shouldn't be this difficult. And if I can't get passed that, how can I advance in the game?

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I loved this game, up until the last mission. Skill has no bearing on fighting him, just hold left or right and speed up if he gets behind until he breaks of, rinse and repeat and enter DFM when you get the chance. Job done.

Destiny Raid completed 04/11/14
Destiny hard Raid completed 02/12/14
gazmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote