PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Lost Planet 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
xxDAMRONxx

xxDAMRONxx's Gamercard
VS Nom Help

First Hand of Bloods guide is great for the noms.

I saw in his list that he has pictures of each VS, but I have a different question:

Does anyone know of a list that has the best locations to find each of these VS and VS weapons to do the indicated amount of damage?

Also, can you do the damage in training bot battles with vs?

Any light on this would be appreciated!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Eddy Kemp

Eddy Kemp's Gamercard
I had the VS maps/layouts/locations pretty well memorized a while back, but I'm a little short on specifics at this point.

My high-level recommendations/tips:

1) Find a dedicated boosting partner. This is a must if you hope to finish these noms in your lifetime. Playing online in random matches or bot battles will take an eternity.

2) Grind grenade noms in single-player if you don't have access to a boosting partner. I actually maxed-out the Plasma Grenade nom in local split-screen multiplayer with an insanely heavy emphasis on injection gun.

3) I mention the injection gun above; it was essential to speeding up nom completion. The idea is simple: shoot yourself w/ the damage enhancing (i.e. red colored) shot; damage and kill as much as possible w/ your desired weapon/grenade/VS until it wears off; rinse and repeat.

4) I relied on three maps for my VS noms: Thunderpeal Precipice; NEOS, and Desecration. Between those three maps and their various layouts, you should be able to find most all VS types (and even injection gun in some cases).

Grinding grenade and VS noms is an epic chore. Hope those tips are useful.
Eddy Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
xxDAMRONxx

xxDAMRONxx's Gamercard
yes I really apprecaite it Eddy...so there is no real good place to boost these in campaign I guess?

What about the training mission that you use the VSs on...do those count for damage?

The injection gun seems like a good idea.

I was thinking I shouldn't even go for the damage until I've finished the 386 areas/300 chapter achievos b/c I'm sure doing that will net me a lot of the damage so I am doing that first, and while playing the campaign I am getting in as much VSs as possible.

Are you suggesting the best way tho is to play split screen multi and get in a vs and kill the 2nd layer over and over? because I feel like that would be slow...I do have a friend who is helping me to, but I am more concerned about the VS and VS weapon damage as I am getting most of the other gun related/grenade related damage via campaign with headstart ability with the nade I want to use and picking up different guns at all opportunities

Last edited by xxDAMRONxx; 10-26-2011 at 02:46 AM.
xxDAMRONxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Eddy Kemp

Eddy Kemp's Gamercard
The first mission playing as the Treasure Barrachos (where you assault the sand crawler vehicle) is actually quite good for grinding grenades on. I maxed out many of my grenade damage noms there, especially sticky grenades; there are so many VSs to destroy.

And yes, the training missions *do* count toward your damage totals. I can personally confirm this since I was able to get the hardballer VS damage nom during a training mission.

The way to boost with split screen is strictly in campaign missions, using the second player as a pack mule of sorts for grenades. I setup the second player with the plasma headstart ability so they always had a full batch of plasma grenades for me to use once I ran out of my own. If I needed more, I used the second controller, committed suicide and get a fresh batch of plasma grenades.

Again, the whole split-screen co-op method was purely for grenade damage boosting in campaign mode; you will still need another player to boost online matches and VS damage most effectively.
Eddy Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote