PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2011, 05:08 AM   #31
seven43861

Seven43861's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
Combat Challenges are pretty easy if you know the trick.

Basically get a 5x Combo, then use the Bat Swarm Special Combo and repeat. Just keep doing 1 hit and then jumping as much as possible. You'll get your Combo up to insanely high numbers and you'll do most of the Challenges on the first try.
Huh, I will definitely have to try that, thank you good sir.
seven43861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #32
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plym View Post
Aw no, not again... these are the only achivements keeping me from 1000G's on Asylum.
I have faith in you, Plym.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #33
redhotchilipepe

I cannot for the life of me figure out how/where to do the reverse ledge takedown on 'Police Brutality (extreme)'. Anyone know what to do? It's the last challenge medal I'm missing.
redhotchilipepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #34
2girls1up

x2girls 1UPx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotchilipepe View Post
I cannot for the life of me figure out how/where to do the reverse ledge takedown on 'Police Brutality (extreme)'. Anyone know what to do? It's the last challenge medal I'm missing.
They need to be in a doorway. Best to do it right over one of the narrow doors as they are coming out.

EDIT: Regarding the combat guide, blade dodge counters are worth a base 100, and you are invincible while doing them. Very nice on rounds with late ninja adds for scoring.

Critical strikes are base 20 and beat down takedowns are base 50.

Last edited by 2girls1up; 10-22-2011 at 12:56 PM.
2girls1up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #35
crazy W01f 816

crazy W01F 816's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Not to be a sour puss, but where are the rest of the challenges? Most of the extreme challenges are missing. I'm stuck on the lost city (extreme) predator challenge and I could really use a video guide.

crazy W01f 816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #36
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy W01f 816 View Post
Not to be a sour puss, but where are the rest of the challenges? Most of the extreme challenges are missing. I'm stuck on the lost city (extreme) predator challenge and I could really use a video guide.
I'm stuck on Natural Selection Extreme. Can't get the damned Boom Box medal. So I agree, I could use some help on that one please.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #37
2girls1up

x2girls 1UPx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy W01f 816 View Post
When you first start off, walk out onto the gargoyle and freeze grenade the guard standing on the right of the elevator. Wait for the guard on the ring platform to start moving to the right (11 o'clock or so), then glide down behind him. You can now line up the zipline medal without getting shot (if you don't freeze the guy on the right he will shoot at you when you fire the perpendicular line at him). Immediately latch up to a gargoyle as you come off the second zipline.

For the remote baterang, you have to really boost the hell out of it because of the handrails. Pretty much from accross the map boosted most of the way.

After that just play it safe by using sonic baterangs and inverted takedowns.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
I'm stuck on Natural Selection Extreme. Can't get the damned Boom Box medal. So I agree, I could use some help on that one please.
Don't use the quick fire denotate, actually select the detonator and use LT RB.

Last edited by 2girls1up; 10-22-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #38
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girls1up View Post
Don't use the quick fire denotate, actually select the detonator and use LT RB.
To be clear, you're saying select the Explosive gel gadget and use it's secondary button to detonate the gel I place near the box? Because if so, I have every time. I jam the snipers rifle, let him see him, he tries to shoot me drops his gun and runs to the case and I detonate the gel. And no medal pops. So I guess the question is, do I have to place the gel in a very specific spot, or am I just timing it wrong? Do I have to do it before he grabs the weapon, after he grabs it, while he's grabbing it? I've done it like 3 or 4 times now and it just won't pop.

If you mean the mine detonator gadget I didn't know it could detonate the gel.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #39
2girls1up

x2girls 1UPx's Gamercard
Maybe it just sucks. I had hell with it, tried getting him on the way, getting him with his hands in the box, and getting him coming out. The first time I did it without quickfiring it worked so I just assumed that was the problem.

It wouldn't be half bad except you only get two weapon disrupts.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #40
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Maybe it just sucks. I had hell with it, tried getting him on the way, getting him with his hands in the box, and getting him coming out. The first time I did it without quickfiring it worked so I just assumed that was the problem.

It wouldn't be half bad except you only get two weapon disrupts.
I finally got it. The timing for it is a pain in the arse. Basically you have to detonate it the moment they put their hand in the box, before they've actually grabbed a weapon. Took me several tries to get it right. And then of course the firt time I got it right I got shot to death by the other guards, lol so I have to do it AGAIN. *sigh* well, it's done.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #41
Sweating Bullets

Thanks for this! I wonder if they are as hard as the ones in Arkham Asylum? Shock and Awe (extreme) was one of the toughest challenges ever
Sweating Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #42
2girls1up

x2girls 1UPx's Gamercard
They are easier as Batman, but Catwoman gets quite a bit harder than shock and awe.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #43
stu004

Stu004's Gamercard
Anyone know if there's a Robin challenge guide?
stu004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:34 AM   #44
2girls1up

x2girls 1UPx's Gamercard
Quote:
I finally got it. The timing for it is a pain in the arse. Basically you have to detonate it the moment they put their hand in the box, before they've actually grabbed a weapon. Took me several tries to get it right. And then of course the firt time I got it right I got shot to death by the other guards, lol so I have to do it AGAIN. *sigh* well, it's done.
I'm sure you will be thrilled to know that it shows up twice on Campaigns. However, both times there is a free medal mutator so you can just use that to bypass boom box. I still find that map to be less of a pain than Top of the World extreme.

Turns out I didn't need the mutator either time, boom box is popping every time for me now, guess I'm just lucky. /shrug
Old 10-23-2011, 04:08 AM   #45
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm sure you will be thrilled to know that it shows up twice on Campaigns. However, both times there is a free medal mutator so you can just use that to bypass boom box. I still find that map to be less of a pain than Top of the World extreme.

Turns out I didn't need the mutator either time, boom box is popping every time for me now, guess I'm just lucky. /shrug
Oh, I already did the first one in Campaign, and I used the mutator, didn't even bother to try it. lol.

And yes, I hate Top of The World. Extreme or not, it's just an annoying map, forget about the medals the map pisses me off.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #46
ChaosTheoryV2X

ChaosTheory V2X's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu004 View Post
Anyone know if there's a Robin challenge guide?
I'm curious is Robin as difficult as Catwoman? I'm pulling out my hair just trying her extreme predators, they are insanely hard. At least 2x more difficult than batman.
ChaosTheoryV2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:59 AM   #47
Orrest92

Orrest92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfan14 View Post
These took me FOREVER in AA. Once I got the hang of them they weren't bad though. I played a few on this one, and most didn't seem bad, but there are a few that make me want to put the controller into the tv. I hope the skillful button mashing comes back to me.
Button mashing is the last thing you wanna do! Go about it tactically. Take out the guys who will give you trouble (shield, armor, etc) with your special moves. Concentrate and be patient and you'll be fine.

That said, some of them will infuriate you.
60,000G - 08/11/11
80,000G - 10/01/12

Orrest92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:25 AM   #48
Pieville

Pieville's Gamercard
With Natural Selection (Extreme), for the medal Boom Box, where the bloody hell is the weapon crate? I know this is probably a stupid question but I do not know where it is.
Pieville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #49
2girls1up

x2girls 1UPx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieville View Post
With Natural Selection (Extreme), for the medal Boom Box, where the bloody hell is the weapon crate? I know this is probably a stupid question but I do not know where it is.
There's one downstairs near where you start roughly (on the other side of a wall). The upstairs one is under the gargoyle facing along the bridge, near Freeze's armor.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #50
Goats Are Cool

goats are cool's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plym View Post
Aw no, not again... these are the only achivements keeping me from 1000G's on Asylum.
Same here! i love the combat and the game but I have tried for hours to get all the medals in Arkham Asylum and only managed it on the first two. Predator Challenges are just about patience and no problem (for me), but if there is a secret other than "don't get hit" or "get better" I would love to know because I don't know what else to do.

Secondly with that about it really hinders my desire to get new characters like Robin/Nightwing/etc. because it seems the achievements will just be based on doing the challenges which I cannot fully complete, but for the achievements you have to get all the medals, but I want to get the characters because I love this game, and so on. It is a vicious cycle indeed.

Goats Are Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #51
Drucifer82

Quote:
Also, make sure that you're not trying to use it on the armored inmates, they can't be hurt by it.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Old 10-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #52
O918

O918's Gamercard
you may want to point out that if you use all 5 gadgets in a round you get 2000 bonus points. this can be very helpful in the end, giving you a cumulative total of 8000 (in some cases saved my ass by putting my score over the edge to get 3 stars @ 4th round)

once you get the hang of all the gadgets it is very easy to get out of the way at the beginning of the round. (I could be wrong, but i dont believe you have to use all of them in one combo, just all in one round)
O918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #53
Drucifer82

I would love it if the AI responded for me the same way it does in any video I've ever seen on either Batman game.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #54
bpickell

hudder92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by softerxsin495 View Post
Well the challenge says for the 150 you can't use the boost upgrade, but for the 250 you can. I did the first 4 AR challenges, but I didn't pick up my boost yet because I don't want to miss getting that one nav challenge completed.. but I can't get a good spot to glide for that long :/
I did it off of one of those really tall towers by the steel mill. I was gliding over the water, doing a dive bomb/glide and I did the whole 250 without using grapnel boost. It wasn't that difficult once you figure out how to dive bomb then climb.
bpickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:52 AM   #55
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer82 View Post
I would love it if the AI responded for me the same way it does in any video I've ever seen on either Batman game.
That is so true. I follow the predator videos to the letter and it never works for me. Some guard won't go where he is supposed to and he ends up spotting me and killing me.

Most all of the challenges so far have been cake, especially the combat ones, but the extreme predator rooms have been a bitch so far. I'm having a lot of trouble with End of the Line Extreme. It's basically one shot and you're dead at that point too so there are no second chances.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:45 AM   #56
crazy W01f 816

crazy W01F 816's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I was wondering if anybody has any tips for Catwomen on the extreme predator challenges. Catwomen is at such a disadvantage in these challenges it's insane; less health and it's pretty two shots and you're dead, useless gadgets, can't effectively grapple to gargoyles, no real way to escape multiple gunmen. The only real advantage she has is the ability to walk on the ceiling of certain walkways and this isn't even possible or useful in all the maps. I'm stuck on two extreme maps, end of the line and top of the world, the former of which I believe to be impossible until proven otherwise.

crazy W01f 816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #57
cdekk3r

I thought in extreme combat challenges there was no counter indicator
cdekk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #58
asdfen

thanks guy
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #59
danksch

danksch's Gamercard
If you don't care about the beauty of variety and getting high into the ranked combat leaderboards - just make sure you get into FreeFlow Focus as fast as possible and then keep striking/countering anything in your path (don't use any special takedowns; it will cancel it).

It makes combat stupidly easy.
danksch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #60
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpickell View Post
I did it off of one of those really tall towers by the steel mill. I was gliding over the water, doing a dive bomb/glide and I did the whole 250 without using grapnel boost. It wasn't that difficult once you figure out how to dive bomb then climb.
Thank's for this I have been trying to do the 2 glide challege's for quite some time. As it say's glide for so many meter's I thought dive bombing would cancel it out.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote