PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #61
JKSullivan

JKSullivan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by softerxsin495 View Post
Well the challenge says for the 150 you can't use the boost upgrade, but for the 250 you can. I did the first 4 AR challenges, but I didn't pick up my boost yet because I don't want to miss getting that one nav challenge completed.. but I can't get a good spot to glide for that long :/
You can do the challenge for 150 if you've purchased the grapple upgrade, you just have to get 150 without using it for that particular glide.

To get the 150, I found it easiest to start in the Industrial area and jump from the eastern-most tall tower, and then glide back towards Amusement Mile (NE of map) by going over the water to avoid buildings. Use the dive bomb function (A for glide and RT to dive bomb) to build up speed, then release the trigger and pull up to regain altitude - then rinse and repeat.

I did the 250 in the same spot, I just used the power grapple on the same tower to start. I was able to get about 320 without the power grapple, and about 400 using it with this method.

Last edited by JKSullivan; 10-24-2011 at 02:56 PM.
JKSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #62
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCGIx PUNISHER View Post
I'm having a lot of trouble with End of the Line Extreme. It's basically one shot and you're dead at that point too so there are no second chances.
This one took me a minute to maneuver. But I've found that if you swing up, disable the guy on the right's gun, swing to his gargoyle, disable the guy in the front's gun, then swing back and do the freeze/rec to set up the first two medals it makes dealing with the next part easier.

Currently in the Borderlands, breaking the backs of mules.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #63
Madjackal

Madjackal WAR's Gamercard
The campaign challenges are bullshit! Just would like to add that
Madjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #64
harshx4u

harshx4u's Gamercard
how do you get to throw so many smoke pellets? the only time i can use it more then once is if i throw one with Y and then throw one if i select it but then i cant use it again and you can use as many as you want
harshx4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #65
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshx4u View Post
how do you get to throw so many smoke pellets? the only time i can use it more then once is if i throw one with Y and then throw one if i select it but then i cant use it again and you can use as many as you want
I was wondering the same thing. These challenges would be cake with smoke pellets like that. For me it's one and done. Unless I'm missing something.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #66
PowerPyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCGIx PUNISHER View Post
I was wondering the same thing. These challenges would be cake with smoke pellets like that. For me it's one and done. Unless I'm missing something.
That's really strange.
Other people asked me the same thing and I still didn't find out why I can throw infinite smoke bombs and you can't. For me it takes 10-15 seconds until they refill. I can only say that I bought all upgrades and finished all side missions. I'm having the current patch installed and don't use any cheats / mods.

Did you already buy all upgrades and do the side missions (also the AR Training?) And make sure you select the smoke bombs on your own (they are on the left side in the gadget menu). Hold down LB to aim and RT to throw them.

I'll start a new game on an other account to find out if it's related to any ingame progress or not. I'll let you know about my findings.
PowerPyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:57 AM   #67
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPyx View Post
That's really strange.
Other people asked me the same thing and I still didn't find out why I can throw infinite smoke bombs and you can't. For me it takes 10-15 seconds until they refill. I can only say that I bought all upgrades and finished all side missions. I'm having the current patch installed and don't use any cheats / mods.

Did you already buy all upgrades and do the side missions (also the AR Training?) And make sure you select the smoke bombs on your own (they are on the left side in the gadget menu). Hold down LB to aim and RT to throw them.

I'll start a new game on an other account to find out if it's related to any ingame progress or not. I'll let you know about my findings.
I have all riddler trophies and every side mission/ main story including calendar man and my smokes don't regen. I can only guess it has to do with the update
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #68
PowerPyx

Okay, now that's weird...
I just started a new game and the smoke pellets began to regenerate after I bought the critical strikes combat upgrade.
It really doesn't make any sense, but take a look if you got this upgrade. Otherwise, it must be random if the pellets regenerate or not, I have no idea. For me they were automatically regenerating when I started with the predator challenges on my original save game.
PowerPyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:25 AM   #69
PWN3R

Send a message via AIM to PWN3R Send a message via Skype™ to PWN3R

PWN3R RANGER's Gamercard
Is it that the smokes only regenerate if you manually throw them as opposed to quick throwing them?

These videos are so helpful. Now, please, do the Robin and Catwoman stuff.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:34 AM   #70
Madjackal

Madjackal WAR's Gamercard
Coming along very nicely! Now just need those campaign challenge videos =)
Madjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:36 AM   #71
Bubbameister

Bubbameister33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWN3R View Post
Is it that the smokes only regenerate if you manually throw them as opposed to quick throwing them?

These videos are so helpful. Now, please, do the Robin and Catwoman stuff.
That didn't work for me. Maybe it's because he's using the PS3 version or something.

Bubbameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:41 AM   #72
ss4goku2425

SS4GOKU2425's Gamercard
for challenge 11 for the batarang medal. it helps to kind of give the unfortunate victim and uppercut with the remote batarang. I found the everytime i start to pull up before contact the opponent always geta airborne. i stayed back at the start of the map. and practiced. they can't hit u back there. if you hit the armored guys from the back they fly as well. i practiced this so much that i clear rooms just with the remote batarangs now lol. though this might be helpful to some.
ss4goku2425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #73
PWN3R

Send a message via AIM to PWN3R Send a message via Skype™ to PWN3R

PWN3R RANGER's Gamercard
He has achieved "Goddamn" Batman status.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:12 AM   #74
harshx4u

harshx4u's Gamercard
Quote:
That's really strange.

thats so weird i have everything all side missions and 440/440 riddles. my batman has been maxed out for a long time now and nothing. any information on this would help out a lot.
harshx4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:26 AM   #75
scrummers

scrummers's Gamercard
yeah in top of the world idk how your smoke pellets are reloading. I manually toss them and they i can't anymore. Thought it might have been a patch so i cleared the system cache and deleted the title update and still wasn't reloading. Oh well still will be able to get two of the three easy then i will just have to pick the other guys off till one is left and then beat his ass down. This is my last challenge then it's on the the campaign challenges.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:04 AM   #76
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Great vids! On the Predator challenge 'end of the line extreme' I followed the vid to a tee and after many tries I finally did it. I than tried it again with with several tweaks to increase the speed and am now sitting at number 1 on the leaderboard with a 5 second lead over second place.

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
105 completed games 81 Retail - 25 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #77
Grausherra

Grausherra's Gamercard
I also have every sidequest, upgrade, and collectible and that was before I had ever set foot in challenge mode, and I also only have a one-and-done smoke pellet.

If I had unlimited like that these would be a hell of a lot easier ... I can only guess it's a PS3 thing.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #78
Jason Faint

Jasonfaint's Gamercard
campaign challenge is really hard, hope the videos can let the challenge easier.
Jason Faint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #79
Jason Faint

Jasonfaint's Gamercard
these videos are very hopeful. Thanks!
Jason Faint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #80
snake2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausherra View Post
I also have every sidequest, upgrade, and collectible and that was before I had ever set foot in challenge mode, and I also only have a one-and-done smoke pellet.

If I had unlimited like that these would be a hell of a lot easier ... I can only guess it's a PS3 thing.
Its not a ps3 thing unfortunately. We've been trying to figure it out on the other boards as well and can't. Something with his game is glitched or there is some secret to it.
snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #81
xXthefragileXx

xXthefragileXx's Gamercard
Quote:
There are different types of Challenges.

-Ranked Challenges-
a) Combat Challenges = 12 Challenges = 36 Medals
b) Predator Challenges = 12 Challenges = 36 Medals

-Campaign Challenges-
This is simply a mix of the actual, above mentioned challenges. There are always 3 different challenges in a row and you have to get 3 medals in each section = 9 medals per challenge. Moreover, you are not allowed to fail more than 3 times.
There are 12 Campaign Challenges = 108 Medals
Has anyone tried doing the Campaign Challenges first to see if getting the three medals in each of the 3 different levels count as getting the medals in the respective Ranked Challenge? I doubt it'll work that way, which is pretty shitty when you think about it.. you basically have to do all the combat/predator challenges TWICE for each of the 4 characters if you wanna 100% this game...

100%: SSX, L.A. Noire, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Marvel vs. Capcom 3,Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Fable II (no DLC), Prince of Persia, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 & 5-7, Bastion, From Dust
In Progress:
Borderlands (1700/1750), AC: Brotherhood (1080/1250), AC: Revelations (980/1490), Fable III (1240/1250)
xXthefragileXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #82
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

I know this almost sounds like a dick request, because you've done a great job on the videos, but I would consider redoing them and only using one smoke bomb. Because it seems like your game may have glitched or something, because as far as I can tell nobody else has reloading smoke bombs. And I also have 100% completed the main game and still, nothing. These challenges are super easy with unlimited smoke bombs, but it doesn't do us much good since none of us have that.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:47 AM   #83
Grausherra

Grausherra's Gamercard
So I started working on Catwoman's predator challenges today ... and GOD DAMN this bitch is practically useless on the extreme maps.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #84
HungPhlat

HungPhat's Gamercard
The Predator Challenge vids seriously helped. Any chance we'll get a series for the Catwoman challenges? Her extreme challenges are a royal pain in the balls as she's just not nearly as versatile as Batman and it only takes two shots before she's dead.
HungPhlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #85
Grausherra

Grausherra's Gamercard
Ugh ... I just need something I can get to work somewhat consistently for Top of the World Extreme with Catwoman. Her challenge maps are so, so awful thanks to Rocksteady's stupidity.

"Let's put a weaker character into the exact scenarios we would a stronger, more durable, 10000x more armed Batman!" fuck
Old 10-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #86
asdfen

I thought I had something wrong with my copy or it was xbox thing with smoke pellets. guess not.

Was just reviewing videos cause campaign predator sure some sucks some major balls. well at least I dont like them.
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #87
XDX64

XDX64's Gamercard
Damn these challenges are tough.
XDX64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #88
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausherra View Post
Ugh ... I just need something I can get to work somewhat consistently for Top of the World Extreme with Catwoman. Her challenge maps are so, so awful thanks to Rocksteady's stupidity.

"Let's put a weaker character into the exact scenarios we would a stronger, more durable, 10000x more armed Batman!" fuck
I was having a hell of a time with that challenge until I figured out that she can shimmy along the outer edges. I basically started by crawling through the vent at the start point. Then I'd toss some caltrops on the walkway to her right. I'd hang on that ledge next to the ladder, wait for the guard to walk by, do a take down and leap up to the center vantage point. Usually someone comes running through and trips on the caltrops, getting you the first medal as long as you take them down.

From there it was pretty much shimmying around the outer area, pulling the occasional douchebag over the ledge and using the ventilation systems to my advantage. Just do a beatdown on the jammer and you'll get the last two medals simultaneously.

Currently in the Borderlands, breaking the backs of mules.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #89
ApocalypticJoker

Lamb3ntSpartan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plym View Post
Aw no, not again... these are the only achivements keeping me from 1000G's on Asylum.
i sympathize. my last 3 achievements in Asylum depend on bashing enemies into oblivion, mainly on Extreme maps -_-'
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Dead Space 3
ApocalypticJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #90
DRAGONKZ

DRAGONKZ's Gamercard
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best order to use the modifiers in for the "Predator Master" campaign challenge?

It's the last campaign challenge and has the following maps in it:
Police Brutality (Extreme)
Natural Selection (Extreme)
End of the Line (Extreme)

The modifiers available are:
Time Limit
Increased Aggression
Danger Zones
Protective Aura
Scattered Weapons
Free Medal

In particular, what level are you meant to enable "Danger Zones" on? I'm assuming it has to be the 3rd one because the first 2 require vantage point takedowns?

The levels are normally no problem for me to finish, but this one modifier is making life alot harder.

Any suggestions welcome
DRAGONKZ is offline   Reply With Quote