PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback > FAQ
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
mbellerbrock

Offline Achievement Troubles

Over my winter break I played a lot of videogames. Being at home for a month without broadband has created some issues however. All my achievements I unlocked while not connected to Live are now not registered on my account. I beat Halo on Heroic and Legendary and now logged into Live it no longer says I have those achievements. In the game it doesn't even show that I have the medals on the map designating that I've beaten it.... You can see how this is a bit aggravating... xbox.com claims this shouldn't be a problem, http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/tips/achievements.htm, at the bottom of the page. I did however have my gamertag imported on a few friends' 360s. That might have changed things slightly. Does anyone know if there's any way to fix this, or have I just been royally effed by Microsoft?
mbellerbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Offline achivements are not a problem as long as you do not recover your account before signing back onto LIVE. Once you recover your account, the offline copy is no longer considered genuine. You weren't screwed by MS, you screwed yourself, it was in your power to not recover your GT.

Oh and welcome to the site, consider introducing yourself in the new members forum.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
Vervous

Vervous's Gamercard
Yeah, I also learnt this the hard way, I ended up playing through all of the side quest guilds on Oblivion again, but I started a new character for it, so it's not all bad.

10,000 GS :12th January, 2008
20,000 GS: 22nd May, 2008

Vervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
mbellerbrock

Ah, I guess that makes sense. I wish there was someway I could have been told that before I recovered my GT. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I go home. Thanks for the help, you were certainly more helpful than xbox customer support.
mbellerbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
Archonfury

Archonfury's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yea i did the same thing for Mass Effect, I beat the entire game offline, went over to a friends house and played guitar hero, got a couple achievements, and when I came back and logged back on, poof, minus 800 gamerscore.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
TheColdWolf

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This never happens to me, when i go to SC or the Outer Banks when i unlock achievements there and they say unlocked only but when i get back home and connect to live there still showing.
TheColdWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
Gigamonks

Gigamonks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColdWolf View Post
This never happens to me, when i go to SC or the Outer Banks when i unlock achievements there and they say unlocked only but when i get back home and connect to live there still showing.
He means he was offline, at home, beat it. Then went to his friends house on his friends 360 ,got his gamertag recovered, without going online on his xbox.
then he went on live with his xbox and had to recover his tag.

the acheviments he got whilst offline were seen as illegit so they were deleted.

hope it helps
Gigamonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:27 AM   #8
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
fuck so that explains what happened to me two months ago i got my gamerscore up to 16835 beating tons of games like forza(970) and bioshock (800) etc. I didnt know about it, dammit. I signed into my account on my brothers360. DAMMIT
Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote