PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > The Missing Link
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Factory Zero glitched?

I just finished the DLC without using any praxis kits, any weapons, and any explosives. No achievement. Kind of annoyed...

Has anyone else unlocked this achievement? I genuinely don't know what went wrong. The things that are crossing my mind are:
  • I threw a crate at a security camera - weapon?
  • I upgraded my augmentations through natural levelling, I never used or picked up a praxis kit.
  • I only used takedowns throughout the DLC. Weapon?

Any help is appreciated and will be added to my guide.

I'm also still missing 6 secret achievements, and I don't have a clue what else I'm missing

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
Mr Magic

mr blackmagik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
You upgraded. There is no difference between praxis kits you pick up and ones from leveling up. If you picked up 2 and how 2 from leveling you now have a total of 4 praxis points. How can you tell which is which?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Jellybean468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
You upgraded. There is no difference between praxis kits you pick up and ones from leveling up. If you picked up 2 and how 2 from leveling you now have a total of 4 praxis points. How can you tell which is which?
That could be why. From the brief description I just gathered it was using actual praxis kits, not praxis points.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
I Astraea I

I Astraea I's Gamercard
I'm going through it now without using any praxis points and I am doing takedowns so hopefully thats what has to be done.
I Astraea I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
SOG Random

ch4rlie b0y's Gamercard
I got the achievement so I can confirm it is not glitched.

As far as secret achievements the ones I can confirm are:

1) One you get for saving the stasis pod early on on the ship
2) Finding Quinns stash when you go back to his area late on

I also found a list of steam achievements which appear to match the ones I know about but I cant confirm if they are all the same

http://wonders.mine.nu/astats/Steam_...1&AppID=201280

I also think it is impossible to get ALL the achievements in one go as I think the no upgrade one will prevent you getting some of the others unless you save and reload
Old 10-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
HALA BE ZBARTAN

Not glitched!

i just finished the Dlc and it popped oh and do you know what are the secret achievements???
HALA BE ZBARTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #7
Jellybean468

All right ok, I'll give it another playthrough when I've got time. And I have a save before a few of the misc achievements can be gained, so I'll try them out now.

EDIT: I just got Apex Predator. I had a save before you fall through the hole in the ceiling to reach Burke, went into cloak and then used a takedown and it unlocked.

Last edited by Jellybean468; 10-18-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
starmonday

starmonday's Gamercard
Im pretty sure for the learnd scholar achievement you have to collect three data storage mediums and put them in the three holotables in the seebase where you meet the female scientist. I remember finding a blue and a green one my first playthrough and putting them in the tables made a holograpic image of panchaia show up.
starmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
Jellybean468

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonday View Post
Im pretty sure for the learnd scholar achievement you have to collect three data storage mediums and put them in the three holotables in the seebase where you meet the female scientist. I remember finding a blue and a green one my first playthrough and putting them in the tables made a holograpic image of panchaia show up.
I found one in one of the detention rooms, and one in the room with the holotables on a desk. Don't know where the third is though.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
Mr Magic

Anyone know how to get "All the above", "Never forget", or "The old adage"?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
Jellybean468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
Anyone know how to get "All the above", "Never forget", or "The old adage"?
I'm completely lost on what to do for "All of the Above". I even tried letting the timer run out but everyone died.

I'll try and be as vague as possible here to prevent spoilers I'm guessing from the picture of "The Old Adage" is that you need to purchase CASIE and try and use it on your 'friend' at the end of the DLC, but it won't work on him. That'd make sense I guess.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
Mr Magic

Yea I just got Old Adage. Upgraded to have the social enhancer and used it on him at the end. I choose the left most choice because I think he's an Alpha type.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #13
starmonday

starmonday's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean468 View Post
I'm completely lost on what to do for "All of the Above". I even tried letting the timer run out but everyone died.

I'll try and be as vague as possible here to prevent spoilers I'm guessing from the picture of "The Old Adage" is that you need to purchase CASIE and try and use it on your 'friend' at the end of the DLC, but it won't work on him. That'd make sense I guess.
Youre right about the old adage achievement, in the last conversation in the game with "Quinn" you have to ask for informations, select a topic and then use your pheromones. This will lead to a dialogue and the achievement.

For never forget I guess there is a secret room while youre still on the boat, but Ill have to check that tommorow.

Edit: A bit to late
starmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #14
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
In the first area with crates on the boat, right where you get the first side quest is where the never forgotten achievement is located. Just search around in the crates - not the area with the hole in the ground, but the crates right after that. There is blood all over the walls and you will have to jump - maybe enhanced jump - to get to it.

ShinobiRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:20 AM   #15
IOnEI Falcon

Wow! Any tips on how to get past that last room without using anything?
IOnEI Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:46 AM   #16
IOnEI Falcon

Nvm, figured it out. My last achievement now is The Learn'd Scholar.
IOnEI Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #17
SOG Random

ch4rlie b0y's Gamercard
Just found a youtube video showing all of the above

In brief you need to go through a secret air vent hidden by a box on the ground floor jump on a pipe to get to the next vent which takes you to the area you need to be in to destroy the gas machine

Also has anyone managed to decode this email yet

P lvejv gaqxapvtg tvmxcilhctn jivq Hyafb. DFL dift't ltptjw t buphp fwiielaczw uhar. Ne dibw si'l gyku tchrj jjga ilxu buos hil levbqnrf e gymjsf. Vcz'x duwj chz jnbwx bh ix yee px klgmut. Whbvqy ltsx tysmvyx vrv vj ymk khavbla. Qgmy 'khezvyif' Oymjo

The hint we are given is that is a Vigenere cipher but we dont have the key

UPDATE: A Kind person e-mailed me the Key its:

Heres something a little tougher

Heres a link to an online decoder if anyone is interested in what it says http://sharkysoft.com/misc/vigenere/

Last edited by SOG Random; 10-20-2011 at 07:37 AM. Reason: adding letter
SOG Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Learn'd Scholar:

1) Security room in admin area
2) Last room opposite Nina
3) Kavanagh's lab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time

Last edited by Direkin; 10-20-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #19
Yrag86

yrag86's Gamercard
Do take downs count as using a weapon?
Yrag86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #20
SOG Random

ch4rlie b0y's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrag86 View Post
Do take downs count as using a weapon?
No they dont (this includes both fatal and non fatal takedowns)
Old 10-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #21
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Can anyone give me some more info about the achievement that requires you to access Quinns stash shortly before the end of the dlc?Cause I went to his deserted store and even cracked the level 5 safe but I didn't get the achievement(although the quest was updated).

Scratch that, I got it, found a video explaining what to do.
In case anyone else is wondering, there's a hidden button in the backmost part of quinn's store, remove the wooden crate in front of it and press it, the wall will then slide open and reveal the secret stash.

Last edited by BullZeye; 10-19-2011 at 06:59 PM.
BullZeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #22
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Never Forget:

It's not mentioned, but I did some looking around. To get those two crates, just go to the lower end of the tipped container, there's a hole in the wall which leads to a corridor. The crates will be on one side.

Also, there's an ammo upgrade you can get from one of the open containers in the first cargo hold; you'll have to ride the container crane down, and all the way to the back to get to it.

Quote:
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #23
Syrette

rolemodel86's Gamercard
Is anyone working on a cheevo guide for The Missing Link?

Thinking about putting off playing through it till I've got more of an idea of what to look out for. Can't really afford the time for multiple playthroughs what with all these great games coming out
Old 10-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #24
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrette View Post
Is anyone working on a cheevo guide for The Missing Link?

Thinking about putting off playing through it till I've got more of an idea of what to look out for. Can't really afford the time for multiple playthroughs what with all these great games coming out
It's in a sticky at the top of the forum...

btw, has anyone seen the rocket launcher barrel?

Edit: nevermind, found it.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Direkin; 10-19-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #25
DarthMurdock

DarthMurdock's Gamercard
The achievement popped for me and I did make two mines explode during the game.
DarthMurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #26
MrKillablunt

MrKillablunt71's Gamercard
When the yellow alert process starts and you have to stop the gas, go to the bottom floor of thr detention block. By the cells is 2 heavy boxes with a vent behind. Open the vent, go through and climb the pipework. Inside is a gas injector. Shoot the injector to save everyone.
MrKillablunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #27
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I didn't have a problem with Factory Zero, just finished it now. Sold all my weapons so I wouldn't be tempted, and when I did test fire a weapon (the rocket launcher always fun) I just reloaded a previous save, problem solved. Making mines explode that enemies planted doesn't count against you, they are using them not you.

I did have a problem with Never Forget.
This video I'd found show crates already being in the container room where you find Jensen's stasis pod, just needing to be moved. When I got there, no crates. The vid is for the PC version but the only one I can seem to find.

I had to double back to the bottom where you replace the pod battery and grab two crates from there being the only ones I could find, take the elevator, toss them through the office window, up onto the gantry, then toss them over the rail and down the ladder, carry them down the hall, then toss them out onto the container you need to climb over....whew!!!

Wish I had a damn Portal gun!! Why couldn't Belltower be partnered with Aperture?!?!?

So did anyone else have issues with this one?? Or am I just unlucky or blind enough to have missed two closer crates? (quite liekly I would think!)

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 10-22-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #28
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Just make a save, upgrade your jump and maybe Icarus, hop over and pop the cheevo, then reload your save (assuming your going for factory zero in the same playthrough)
troy0891 x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #29
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
did not pop. On my save I had zero praxis used, not one weapon shot, not one grenade used.

glitched.

the only possible thing that could be grey area is that I disabled a proximity mine once.

edit: just went back to before that mine, and didn't touch it. Still didn't pop. Glitched.

Last edited by shadowr4ven; 05-05-2012 at 03:32 AM.
shadowr4ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #30
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

So angry.

Can anyone say if saving, spending points to make the achieves easier, and then reloading worked for them? I can only think that it remembered somehow as I never fired a gun once in my main path. No grenades, no points spent that weren't erased via loading.

I filmed the entire run so I've re-watched and there is ZERO evidence of doing anything out of scope for the achieve.
BillyBobTwo is offline   Reply With Quote