PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #301
OptimumJay

Optimumjay's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure you have to perform the quickfire batarang to unlock this?

OptimumJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #302
Cee Reno

Didn't see it in the thread so best to ask -

I picked up a Batman Riddler trophy as Catwoman, does this matter? As it did say 'Riddler Trophy Gained', just in case it screws it up.

Also I do believe you have an infinite number of Riddler goons to interrogate, I've KO'd a few by accident, then came back later to find they're back again though I can't say for sure.
Cee Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #303
AceBD

Whiskey0TR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimumJay View Post
I'm pretty sure you have to perform the quickfire batarang to unlock this?
There are 5 quickfire gadgets in this game. LT Batarang, RT RT freeze, LT+X explosive gel, LT+Y Batclaw, LT+B electric thingamajig. Hence, the "use all 5 gadgets in a combo" achievement.

Gadgets and combat moves are separate. Combat moves I listed in my above post.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #304
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Thanks, fixed.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #305
AceBD

Whiskey0TR's Gamercard
Cool.

The thing is, it's kind of a moot point. If you're well practiced in combat, and you're getting a big enough combo to get this achievement, you're probably going to be flinging a batarang somewhere in there anyways.

To get this achievement, you're having to do at least 4 specials and a beatdown finisher, so you're talking about at least being well into the 30's and probably the 40's (as far as your multiplyer). So whether or not a batarang is involved is not really worth arguing, just friggin pull the left trigger at some point lol.

But, I was just bored at work scanning through the guide, and noticed this. I'm pretty positive on this, or I wouldn't bother posting.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #306
Blaze Ninja

Blaze Ninja's Gamercard
Maybe I read this wrong but can you really change the date of your xbox to the future dates and then get the achievement!? If so IMMA COMING BATMAN!!!!
Blaze Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #307
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
You can really do that, yes.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #308
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Genius 50
Rescue all the hostages from Riddler

You need to collect all 400 Riddler trophies for this hostage to be available.

Not true. I have 361/400 [40/40 catwomen] and have unlocked this part.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #309
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

361+40=401.

Catwoman trophies increase the count as well. There are a total of 440 Riddler trophies in the game.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #310
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

But it says all. Ive still got 15 to get with Batman and ive saved all hostages which was my point because you dont need all of them.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #311
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu1983 View Post
But it says all. Ive still got 15 to get with Batman and ive saved all hostages which was my point because you dont need all of them.
The point you're missing is that the achievement says you need 400 trophies. It doesn't matter if it is 380 with Batman and 20 with Catwoman it still has to be 400.

Not everyone playing the game will have the Catwoman content. Therefore it is just easier to say all 400 in the description rather than saying otherwise.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #312
AceBD

Whiskey0TR's Gamercard
I hate feeling like I'm being a picky little bitch, but I'd like to help this guide be as perfect as possible. So, 2 more things:

With the "perfect freeflow 2.0", you've got the moves all grouped perfectly (IMO) and all, but it's the paragraph at the end of the moves list. It still states "the combo batarang can be substituted with the batclaw" or something like that. That's not needed.

Secondly, to be fair to Baihu, perhaps the word "all" could be taken out of the description for the "Genius" achievement. Or, instead of removing "all", just add a quick little something to the effect of "if you own the Catwoman DLC, any combination of 400 riddler trophies will do".

I just can't get enough of this game, so when I'm bored at work, I find myself reading over this guide.

Last edited by AceBD; 11-16-2011 at 12:04 PM.
AceBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #313
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Fixed both of those issues.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:57 AM   #314
LordOdadjian

OdadjianActual's Gamercard
There just HAS to be a move missing from the list in the Perfect Freeflow 2.0 achievement guide. I've done the moves above in a single combo many times and have not gotten the achievement.

I did it like six times in a row in the Joker Carnival map, and at first I thought it wouldn't unlock because the achievement can't be done in a downloadable map. But even on Survival of the Fittest it is not giving me the achievement.

edit: The achievement just popped. My final move was the Batclaw Ground Slam, and the achievement unlocked immediately after the ground slam. Maybe there was just a delay in the achievement and it was a coincidence that it popped right after the ground slam. Maybe the moves for the achievement are just the 12 in the OP's guide and I was always missing one or two without knowing it. On the other hand, it could be that the Batclaw Ground Slam is necessary.

Either way, I got the cheevo, and it feels nice.

Last edited by LordOdadjian; 11-21-2011 at 01:09 AM.
LordOdadjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:21 AM   #315
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

I used both the Batarang and Batclaw when I unlocked mine, but we're having conflicted reports of people only needing one, and some saying you don't need either. It wasn't in there to begin with, then it got put it and then I took it out again.

I'm leaning toward it being required though.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:40 AM   #316
LordOdadjian

Whatever the case, the Joker Carnival map is such an incredible map to attempt this achievement. You start off with 6 easy guys and enemies slowly re-spawn. You can cheese the basic moves against these guys and then soon after guys with weapons spawn. If you screw you just immediately re-start the challenge! You don't have to grind through two meaningless rounds like in Survival of the Fittest before you can retry the achievement.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #317
AceBD

Whiskey0TR's Gamercard
I don't think there's a delay on the achievement popping, so maybe it is required. I just remember, on both of the accounts that I've gotten the achievement on, that it has popped as soon as I've done the final move. For me, both times it was the ground pound. As soon as I pounded the guy in the face, it popped within a second.

So, maybe the batclaw strike is required, and one of the others isn't. I don't know. I definitely do plenty of batclaw strikes during combos, so....

Did anybody who happens to read this buy the actual game guide for this game? Maybe they would list the requirements in that?

I am at work right now, but when I get home, I'm gonna try and get a x12 variation bonus (which WOULD pop the achievement) without using any gadgets at all......

With 12 moves required, it is confusing.

Last edited by AceBD; 11-21-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:56 AM   #318
LordOdadjian

Thanks for the post. As an fyi though, my achievement popped after I did the batclaw ground slam, not just the batclaw strike. The ground slam is done by pushing LT+Y to start a batclaw strike and then pushing X to do the ground slam.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #319
crackedeggs1

crackedeggs1's Gamercard
It's not mentioned in the guide but Perfect Freeflow 2.0 also requires Quick Batarang (LT). I did every other move listed in the guide on the Survival of the Fittest stage (Round 4). Duplicated some because it wasn't popping, finally decided to hit LT and got it.

Edit: Since others are claiming Batclaw Strike, etc, I'm thinking you need to perform at least 1 Quickfire Gadget (any), and the easiest is Quick Batarang since it's only one button.
Retail 100%: Alan Wake, Assassin's Creed, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts 'n Bolts, Batman: AA GOTY, Dead Island, Fable II, Halo CE: Anniversary, Kinect Adventures, Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

XBLA 100%: Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Buku Sudoku, Crazy Taxi, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Doritos Crash Course, Hexic HD, Portal: Still Alive, UNO, Word Puzzle, Xbox LIVE Labs

Last edited by crackedeggs1; 11-21-2011 at 07:05 AM.
crackedeggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #320
AceBD

Whiskey0TR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedeggs1 View Post
It's not mentioned in the guide but Perfect Freeflow 2.0 also requires Quick Batarang (LT). I did every other move listed in the guide on the Survival of the Fittest stage (Round 4). Duplicated some because it wasn't popping, finally decided to hit LT and got it.

Edit: Since others are claiming Batclaw Strike, etc, I'm thinking you need to perform at least 1 Quickfire Gadget (any), and the easiest is Quick Batarang since it's only one button.
Definitely a possibility. I am just wondering, if indeed it is 1 or any of the quickfire gadgets that's needed, than which move is listed and isn't needed? It's clearly a 12 variation bonus...

??
Old 11-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #321
Drucifer82

The moves I used when I got it were:

Strike
Evade
Counter
Stun/Ultra Stun /
Beat Down +
Bat Swarm +
Disarm and Destroy +
Special Combo Takedown +
Multi-Ground Takedown +
Ground Takedown +
Aerial Attack ,
Combo Batarang

It was a long time ago so I am not certain, but I may have also used a Batclaw Strike +,. Regardless, the twelve previously listed moves were definitely used.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Old 11-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #322
crackedeggs1

crackedeggs1's Gamercard
Since Stun and Super Stun don't actually contribute additional points to a combo, I'm thinking maybe one of them isn't needed. More than likely Stun, since Super Stun is kinda special, and the most difficult move to pull off in a horde in my experience.

Also Stun seems to already be a component of Aerial Attack, based not only on the button combination but on the animations involved.

If it's the 12 variation bonus that's needed, it should be simple enough to throw away a few challenges to just see which moves don't increase the bonus.

Before I watched a video yesterday on the appropriate way to maintain a combo, I noticed that gadgets increase the variation by 1, any more add to the new gadget bonus category. However, I'm also not sure if Dodge Roll or whatever A,A adds to it at all. So maybe Stun is fine and Dodge is the extra one.
Retail 100%: Alan Wake, Assassin's Creed, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts 'n Bolts, Batman: AA GOTY, Dead Island, Fable II, Halo CE: Anniversary, Kinect Adventures, Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

XBLA 100%: Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Buku Sudoku, Crazy Taxi, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Doritos Crash Course, Hexic HD, Portal: Still Alive, UNO, Word Puzzle, Xbox LIVE Labs
crackedeggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #323
Drucifer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedeggs1 View Post
However, I'm also not sure if Dodge Roll or whatever A,A adds to it at all. So maybe Stun is fine and Dodge is the extra one.
I'm not referring to when you dodge away, I'm referring to when you jump over people's heads. It was part of the Freeflow Perfection cheev in the last game, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were required in this one.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #324
AceBD

Whiskey0TR's Gamercard
Drucifer, just a little mistake, I think you meant to put "RT+Y" Ground Takedown instead of "LT+Y". "LT+Y" is, of course, the quickfire batclaw. :-) I'm sure it was just a typo.

EDIT: After playing around with this a bit yesterday morning, I'm thinking that the "B stun" is the culprit. I don't think it's needed in the combo list, as it's part of the aerial attack and beatdown finisher.

I was consciously trying to not do any straight stun moves, only using the stun during the aerial attack and beatdown, and I don't think it made a difference in my variation bonus. I had one round where I knew that I hadn't done the "A+B multi ground takedown", hadn't done the "X+Y disarm", and hadn't done any "B stun" moves, and I got a 10x variation bonus. I had done all of the rest of the moves on the list (including the quickfire batarang).

Honestly, though, I hadn't played this game in more than a few days (MW3), and I was fighting like shit and getting a little frustrated, so I gave up on it after about an hour. Blah.

Last edited by AceBD; 11-22-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #325
Bloody Hedgehog

Bloody Hedgehog's Gamercard
I just noticed that "Catch!" doesn't seem to an achievement in the PC version. There could be others missing as well, but I haven't scanned the list thoroughly yet.
Bloody Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #326
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Hedgehog View Post
I just noticed that "Catch!" doesn't seem to an achievement in the PC version. There could be others missing as well, but I haven't scanned the list thoroughly yet.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...3&postcount=10

Old 11-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #327
ea86

erika8606's Gamercard
Just unlocked the "Storyteller" achievement, lol. There was no way I was going to wait around almost a year to get it "legit" (who knows if I'm going to even have the game by that point).
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #328
gibbeynator

gibbeynator's Gamercard
Is it possible to change the date for the Calendar Man achievement on the PC version?
gibbeynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:58 AM   #329
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbeynator View Post
Is it possible to change the date for the Calendar Man achievement on the PC version?
Yes it is. Change the date on the computer itself.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:58 AM   #330
Utako

Le Benjo's Gamercard
Question

question please :

x50 combo : can it be done with nightwing or any other character ?

thank you

(no answers found with search button)