PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rocksmith
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #31
KvnRnld

Kvnrnld's Gamercard
I found a pretty easy way to make sure the game will recognise your low notes (on standard tuning at least.) go to practice "Vasoline" single note (since most of the song takes place in the first 3 frets of low e) and keep tuning down until you force the game to recognize that first fret. Once that's corrected, it should pretty much be smooth sailing from there on. It ended up being a bit different than the the initial tuning, but the tuner accepted it on my next try anyways.

for drop-d I just screwed around on "Outshined" until there was no problem matching notes as well, but there's probably a better song to do it on. according to my chromatic tuner it barely qualifies as "d" it's so far on the low end, but I'm not having any problems w/ the notes registering aymore, and the in-game tuner accepts it.

Basically, you have to just keep tuning down until all the notes register correctly.
Hope this helps.
I still reccomend anybody having this problem contact customer service and let them know that it's happening.

Last edited by KvnRnld; 10-22-2011 at 01:59 AM.
KvnRnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #32
DingoAce10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KvnRnld View Post
Isn't checking that the note matches @ the 12th fret basically checking the intonation?
kvnRnld, not according to the video on YouTube. But I have only be playing guitar for about 3 months now...so you might know better than do if you have been playing longer.
DingoAce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #33
Dragon83uk

Dragon83uk's Gamercard
I don't know if this will help anyone else but I found I could get round this by just being careful about how I picked the string.
Dragon83uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #34
comebreakmedown

Bl00dbath101's Gamercard
I'm using a gibson LP and i have to say i'm also having the same problem, also i have a problem with the A string but only from the 12th fret onwards, I noticed this while playing the solo to sunshine of your love, I tried tuning it down a tad but as stated before it makes drop D a nightmare, so come on people we all need to get onto customer support, it's a really fun game hate to see a small fault like this ruin it.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #35
x13FISHx

x13FISHx's Gamercard
The game's ADA conversion is an emulation. If you do not have a standard length neck on the bass or guitar it will not register correctly. A short scale bass or long scale guitar are going to be a half-step off. For the other guitars, your neck may be bowed a little bit.
x13FISHx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #36
Jmills

I have this same problem. Just got the game today and am probably going to return it tomorrow. On the 1st-5th frets on the E-string it always tells me I am a fret off so I have to purposely play the song incorrectly(it doesn't even sound right) in order for the game to register the right notes. Was really excited about this game and regret to say I am pretty disappointed with the product.
Jmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #37
Xeros150

Xeros150's Gamercard
I had the same problem with my low E-string. It was actually all my strings from the 1st through 3rd frets, but especially my low E-string. My high E-string also rang constantly. I fixed the problem by fixing the intonation of my guitar and I always went into the fine tuning menu before I play a song or event to make sure I am in perfect tune. I think a cause of the problem was also the fact that my strings are a thicker gauge than most guitars.
Xeros150 is offline   Reply With Quote