PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Daytona USA
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
Beardyboo

VC OF THE NFE's Gamercard
Hidden Goodies

I have yet to try these but I would expect they are still in this version seeing as it is the arcade port. I can confirm they all worked in the Arcade version (all those years ago!) and on the Model 2 Emulator. if anyone finds out what works and what doesnt perhaps you could add your findings to the thread below.

( Source - http://www.cheats.co.uk/arcade/cheat...a/cheat/17938/ )

Hidden Music

Enter:
  • H.O (to hear music from Hang-On)
  • V.R. (to hear music from Virtua Racing)
At the High-Score screen

Special Ending

To view the Special Ending you must finish in third place or better on every course.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following hidden goodies will have to be attempted with relation to the pedal/brake/start button mapping.

Secret View

To get an overall view of the race conditions during gameplay hold: START BUTTON, VIEW CHANGE BUTTONS 2, 3 AND 4

Time Attack mode

While you are at the Transmission Selection Screen hold: START and press the ACCELERATOR
Now only the cars controlled by players will be on displayed on the track. If you score a high enough score you name will be displayed with a T.A. next to it.

No Computer Opponents

Hold the start button at the transmission select screen. The words REAL RACERS ONLY will appear across the screen. All of the racers must hold down the START button until they choose the desired transmission for the code to work. When the race starts you will notice that there are no computer racers. If you are playing by yourself pushing the start button will enable you to race in a time trial mode.

Fast Start

In the transmission selection screen hold the "Start" button down, you will notice that it says "Real Players Only". Keep holding the "Start" button down, until the transmission selection time runs out (You have to choose manual.) From my knowledge this only works on the beginner track. Continue holding the start button down through the whole first lap. If you notice you reach 210 mph just before the Jackpot machine. This will give you at least 2 car lengths lead over other racers that don't do the cheat (if you do it right and don't bump any other cars). This will give you time to get away from the rest of the field and keep on truckin'.

Last edited by Beardyboo; 10-26-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Beardyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
phoenix029

Phoenix029's Gamercard
The hidden music one works, not sure about the others. Time trial you press back and A.

Working On: FIFA 14, Titanfall, Watch Dogs.

Hit me up if you want to trade achievements on these.
phoenix029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Beardyboo

VC OF THE NFE's Gamercard
And here is another one!

Classic "Sega" voice introduction

Hold A immediately after the game is launched.
Beardyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
its too bad that the other cars and horses from the saturn version didn't make it in...
dill icioius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
Cammulder

Cammulder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardyboo View Post
And here is another one!

Oh that's great! Haven't played this yet, but my friend and I always loved that voice when playing Sonic back in the day. Was pretty bummed when I played Sonic's Genesis Collection and they had a new "Sega" voice.
Cammulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Earth Djinn

Earth Djinn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardyboo View Post
And here is another one!

Oh that's awesome! Nice find!