PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Forza Motorsport 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
F Zer0 X

Dylan7250's Gamercard
Do you hire drivers?

Hey guy's, just wondering if any of you hire drivers? and if so for which races?

I'm almost done with year 6 and i'm driver level 32 or 33 and i've hired a driver 3 times now.
F Zer0 X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
Rasp

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I didn't and I was Level 50 Season 9 Race 21 and then I accidently deleted my game save so I'm gonna hire drivers and do the 50 lap exploit to get to the same point.

XBOX One 10,000 - July 5th, 2014
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:15 AM   #3
F Zer0 X

Dylan7250's Gamercard
Whats the 50 lap exploit?
You don't get xp for your driver level if you hire a driver do you?
Old 10-22-2011, 03:23 AM   #4
Out of Battery

Out of Battery's Gamercard
Personally, I don't hire drivers for the simple fact that they never seem to win for me. They always come 2nd or 3rd so its not really worth it.

I'm curious though, do they win for you guys?
Out of Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:47 AM   #5
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

The only time I ever hired a driver was for some of the endurance races in FM3 or if I got bored with certain races. I don't plan on hiring one at all for FM4 because they got rid of the endurance races and there's so much more variety to the events now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Zer0 X View Post
This is the 50 lap exploit
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=335897

You don't get xp for hiring a driver, and you earn less money because you have to give the driver a cut.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:28 AM   #6
F Zer0 X

Dylan7250's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of Battery View Post
Personally, I don't hire drivers for the simple fact that they never seem to win for me. They always come 2nd or 3rd so its not really worth it.

I'm curious though, do they win for you guys?

Each time i hired one they came 1st
Old 10-22-2011, 04:51 AM   #7
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

I did not hire in fm3 and will not here either
SatNiteEduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #8
boond0ck 83

boond0ck 83's Gamercard
No. I want to drive.
boond0ck 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 AM   #9
softerxsin495

S0FTERSIN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I have never hired drivers in any of the Forza games. I always love the accomplished feeling once I finally beat the race haha.
100% Retail (360): 1
100% XBLA (360): 13
softerxsin495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #10
Rasp

Quote:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=335897

XBOX One 10,000 - July 5th, 2014
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
KeepEmRolling

KeepEmRolling's Gamercard

I hired a driver in Forza 3 to finish up the endurance races in the event list. I doubt I'll hire drivers in 4.
KeepEmRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Same as several of the above - I used him for the Endurance Races in FM3... oh, and a couple of the last R3 races because I'd run out of cars to level to 5, and I was already level 50 by a large margin. Since I couldn't get any XP anyway, I couldn't be bothered to race.

Since this game has no Endurance Races (smart move there, Turn 10. Who SERIOUSLY did those? I mean... SERIOUSLY?), I don't need him for that, and with the level-cap lifted to 150 for characters and 50 for car-makes, I'm not going to run out of little bars to fill up either. So yeah, no hired driver for me.

(And yeah, I kinda' figured it'd be much less of a sure win in this game, since most events are much more balanced than they were in FM3, so you're always up against some decent opposition. Which the Hired Driver's conservative style isn't really good at handling...)

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
SuperSkyline89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon View Post
(And yeah, I kinda' figured it'd be much less of a sure win in this game, since most events are much more balanced than they were in FM3, so you're always up against some decent opposition. Which the Hired Driver's conservative style isn't really good at handling...)
The difficulty was actually one of the major reasons I would use a driver in some of the longer races in FM3. I couldn't win on Hard so I usually played on Medium, but that meant on longer races I'd end up lapping everyone and I just felt like there was no point in even driving so I hired a driver.

Thankfully FM4 has far better difficulty settings. On the shorter races I can force my way through the grid to get in first by the 2nd lap but on the longer ones I can take my time and race super clean so it takes me several laps to get into 1st. It actually feels like you're working for the win now, and that leaves me absolutely no reason to hire a driver.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
Old 10-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
erod550

erod550's Gamercard
I never hired drivers in FM3 until just this past week I decided I want to finish up the achievements for that game, so while I'm working (work from home) I just have a hired driver going through the Event List in FM3 and getting those done while I work.

I have not hired a driver for FM4 and likely won't.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #15
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Since this game has no Endurance Races (smart move there, Turn 10. Who SERIOUSLY did those? I mean... SERIOUSLY?),
I did, and I know several others that did too. They were always my favorites.

Removing them is just part of the dumbing down process all gaming is going through. Any chuckle head can be good for 2-3 laps.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 10-22-2011 at 03:31 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #16
Tattoo Man

Mr Tattoo Man's Gamercard
I have hired drivers for a few races, but I have noticed one thing.

The drivers in the races can be very aggressive, sometimes near suicidal, but when you hire a driver he backs of every time another car touches him. If real racing drivers behaved as the AI in this game they would be fired instantly.
Tattoo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #17
SuperSkyline89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
I did, and I know several others that did too. They were always my favorites.

Removing them is just part of the dumbing down process all gaming is going through. Any chuckle head can be good for 2-3 laps.
The thing that ruined them for me in FM3 was the difficulty setting made it so I could only win on a difficulty that had me lapping the competition and I hated that.

I was actually looking forward to trying them on the new difficulty settings because I think they would be awesome on professional. It would actually take several laps to get into first and pit stop strategy would actually come into play. I think FM4 is the first game that endurance races would really work in, too bad the previous ones ruined it.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
Old 10-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo Man View Post
when you hire a driver he backs of every time another car touches him. If real racing drivers behaved as the AI in this game they would be fired instantly.
Right, because protecting a million dollar race car so that it can win the race is no where as near as good a strategy as banging it all to hell in the first few turns so it has to limp home in last place.

I'm not saying the Hired AI isn't too timid at times, but you will never hear of a racer getting fired because he didn't bang the car up enough. The people with the money like it when they don't have to buy parts, paint, etc...

Last edited by TwistedFate; 10-22-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #19
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Quote:
Right, because protecting a million dollar race car so that it can win the race is no where as near as good a strategy as banging it all to hell in the first few turns so it has to limp home in last place.

I'm not saying the Hired AI isn't too timid at times, but you will never hear of a racer getting fired because he didn't bang the car up enough. The people with the money like it when they don't have to buy parts, paint, etc...
I think you're misunderstanding him - what he's saying is that any real racing-driver who drove like the NON-HIRED-DRIVER AI in this game, would be fired for getting their cars banged all to hell. Which is probably accurate, unless it's a Destruction Derby.

Though... I haven't seen much of this 'aggressive behavior'. Most AI-drivers back off if you force them to choose between backing off or hitting you. Some of the ones that are specifically described as aggressive drivers in their Bios may occasionally take some risky corners to get ahead, but far from hitting you deliberately. EXCEPT, of course, if you go all 'Prince of Persia' on them and rewind time. That often messes up the AI 'cuz it takes them a moment to catch up with their new position on the track, and where everybody else is. At that point, they're liable to hit each other, or you, but not because they're trying to - they were just momentarily confused by your time-warping abilities.

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #20
TwistedFate

Quote:
I think you're misunderstanding him - what he's saying is that any real racing-driver who drove like the NON-HIRED-DRIVER AI in this game, would be fired for getting their cars banged all to hell. Which is probably accurate, unless it's a Destruction Derby.

Though... I haven't seen much of this 'aggressive behavior'. Most AI-drivers back off if you force them to choose between backing off or hitting you. Some of the ones that are specifically described as aggressive drivers in their Bios may occasionally take some risky corners to get ahead, but far from hitting you deliberately. EXCEPT, of course, if you go all 'Prince of Persia' on them and rewind time. That often messes up the AI 'cuz it takes them a moment to catch up with their new position on the track, and where everybody else is. At that point, they're liable to hit each other, or you, but not because they're trying to - they were just momentarily confused by your time-warping abilities.
I haven't seen overtly aggressive behavior, but I've seen stupid behavior. ex. Start of the race the car beside me turns left right into my side, braking in the middle of straight with nobody in front of them, giving up the racing line to me for no reason, trying to force me off track when I clearly have the racing line, etc.... None of this occurred after a rewind.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #21
martyrdon

martyrdon's Gamercard
Now that I am at level 50 I hire a driver occasionally when I am working on something on the PC. On races in B class or lower I set the difficulty High (expert) on A class and up I lower it to Medium with this my hired driver never loses....

Retail Games 100% COMPLETE - 3
Arcade Games 100% COMPLETE - 12
martyrdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #22
JKSullivan

JKSullivan's Gamercard
Quote:
I haven't seen overtly aggressive behavior, but I've seen stupid behavior. ex. Start of the race the car beside me turns left right into my side, braking in the middle of straight with nobody in front of them, giving up the racing line to me for no reason, trying to force me off track when I clearly have the racing line, etc.... None of this occurred after a rewind.
I think that would be considered overtly agressive . . .

For my part, no I won't hire drivers - it's a game I bought to race, so why would I want to use my system's resources (power, wear and tear, etc) to not do anything?
JKSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #23
FeaRs

RwHu's Gamercard
The only time I have ever used a Hired Driver in Forza was for the Endurance Races in Forza 3. Seeing as how their aren't any as long as those races in this game, I don't see myself using the driver. Less money from him and I don't get any XP for ranking up. Would take forever to get the affinity level if you hire someone.

Stay Classy
GT : RwHu
FeaRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #24
SpectreSoldier

Yakuza Warlord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSullivan View Post
I think that would be considered overtly agressive . . .

For my part, no I won't hire drivers - it's a game I bought to race, so why would I want to use my system's resources (power, wear and tear, etc) to not do anything?

Same as me I want to drive my own cars not only to see them in action.
SpectreSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:42 AM   #25
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
Quote:
Hey guy's, just wondering if any of you hire drivers? and if so for which races?

I'm almost done with year 6 and i'm driver level 32 or 33 and i've hired a driver 3 times now.
I hire drivers all the time for bucket list. I've done nothing but hire drivers really, im level 51 now so dont really care.
300,000 Goal: Sep 2014

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 168
Xbox One 1000/1000: 7
Put gaming away for nearly 8 months in 2012, but I'm back in it again.

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:06 AM   #26
Boosted 2ZZ

BOOSTED 2ZZ's Gamercard
yeah ill start to hire driver once i have the level 50 driver, some of the races can get super long and boring
Boosted 2ZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:39 AM   #27
BanzaiMike

ShokuPanMike's Gamercard
Don't want to make a thread just for this but can anyone tell me if the pit-stops are any different to Forza 3? Not got the game yet.
BanzaiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #28
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiMike View Post
Don't want to make a thread just for this but can anyone tell me if the pit-stops are any different to Forza 3? Not got the game yet.
No need to pit in any of the races, but they are the same as F3.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #29
BanzaiMike

ShokuPanMike's Gamercard
Right. Thanks. I was hoping for some pit crew but not that important I suppose. Back to the subject and I'm writing this while my hired driver is busy racing an endurance race on Forza 3. Once I've (he's) done all those I'll be 100% and I'll be ready to get F4. Looking forward to it.
BanzaiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #30
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Well I'm only on my sixth season so no, may do when I get deep down the event list towards bucket list..

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote