PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-23-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
Warhammer Jargon Thread

Yeah so this is the Warhammer Jargon thread where you say things that don't really fit into any other thread and simultaneously don't feel like making another thread, thread.

I'll start out.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
Miles Prower F6

Yeah.

So what happened to the achievement guide that was in progress? What did the author get sucked into the empryean sometime last month?
Old 10-23-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Lol...i don't really know what else to say here unless I feel like starting debates over which chapter/Chaos God/race is better.
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
Miles Prower F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimSovereignty View Post
Lol...i don't really know what else to say here unless I feel like starting debates over which chapter/Chaos God/race is better.
That's okay. It's not really much of a "thinking" thread per se. It's just a "anything that doesn't fit into an existing thread" kind of thread.

Funny I don't really know much about the loyalist chapters so much as I know about the chaos chapters. I take it you like the World Eaters since you are a Khorne kind of guy?
Old 10-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
GrimSovereignty

Yeah they are one of my favorite chaos chapters because they are followers of khorne, and come on World Eaters thats like the most epic name for a Chapter...would you rather fight some Iron Fists or World Eaters lol.

See I focus more on loyalist chapters and different alien races, like me and a friend was arguing what would happen if the necrons went against the tyranid
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

Old 10-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
Miles Prower F6

I've been too indoctrinated by Space Marine lore. So I hate all xenos immediately.

In fact when I play games like Dead Space. My friends say "Ahhhhh monsters!" And I say "XENOS!!! DIE! DIE! DIEEEEEE!"

Some of the aliens sides do have some interesting stuff though. I just... can't get past how much I hate them! Stupid Warhammer books.

Like basically through the whole book "Legion" I was like "I don't sympathize with this Xenos side character! He should suffer a terrible death! I demand it!"
Old 10-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
GrimSovereignty

Lol sounds like you would make a good Inquisitor..for the Ordo Xenos, you should read the Blood Ravens omnibus, it made me start to respect the Eldar a little more. Plus the tyranids are totally going to destroy the Imperium one day.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
Miles Prower F6

According to the fates Chaos is supposed to win because out the outcome of the Horus Heresy.

They say that if Horus lost the Heresy the Imperium would fall to stagnation and ultimately be overcome by Chaos. That is the present state of WH40K.

In other news...

I took like 2 days off of Space Marine and just played a bit now. Space Marine is like one of those games that you have to play regularly or you start sucking. Even 2 days had a noticeable effect on me.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:32 AM   #9
GrimSovereignty

Oh you talking about the cabal who convinced Alpharius to convert to Chaos because they wanted to save the Imperium? Yeah that was some crazy stuff..and yeah I took like a 2 week break from Space Marine but I just got my hands on that Thunder Hammer...I was going crazy on those orcs

Old 10-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #10
Miles Prower F6

I like using the thunder hammer in the campaign since you can use it pretty recklessly. If I can't kill a player online with the thunder hammer with my first hit usually I break off the attack since that weapon is just too sluggish.

I'm eager to get into the Exterminatus. That is deffinitely going to be the best way to get the 40,000 kills. Even if it's faster to grind the campaign, Exterminatus will be less brain numbing, or at least I hope.

I just finished up Civilization Revolution, and Batman Arkham Asylum to burn time for the Exterminatus.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #11
Furian

bg curator's Gamercard
This Weekend

Just played an 1850 game Dark Eldar vs Orks. My DE ran wild over the orks, although my Archon was cut in two by a Killa Kan. Good times. Can't wait for Exterminatus to launch.
Furian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
GrimSovereignty

Nice...I loved playing CivRev its a great game. I don't even have the achievement for killing like 2000 something enemies lol

Old 10-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #13
Miles Prower F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furian View Post
Just played an 1850 game Dark Eldar vs Orks. My DE ran wild over the orks, although my Archon was cut in two by a Killa Kan. Good times. Can't wait for Exterminatus to launch.
One this guy I know, his Emperor's Champion soloed a Hive Tyrant after a series of unfortunate rolls for the tyranid player.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #14
Miles Prower F6

Quote:
Nice...I loved playing CivRev its a great game. I don't even have the achievement for killing like 2000 something enemies lol
I played the SM campaign like 4 times, 2 for the achievements I needed and then 2 times just for enjoyment. Each playthrough gets like 1000 kills or so. So it probably takes like 1.5 playthroughs to get the 2000.

The odd ball achievements aren't too bad once you figure out what chapter to do them in.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:26 AM   #15
Miles Prower F6

Ugh it's the waiting that kills me. Checking for the new DLC each hour. I have a feeling it won't show up until about 6AM EST, that seems to be when most DLC appears.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #16
Feel My Rage

Scourge of Eden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Prower F6 View Post
Yeah.

So what happened to the achievement guide that was in progress? What did the author get sucked into the empryean sometime last month?
Yes, yes I did. The warp can be such a tricky thing to try and control....it sucks when you fail. On the upside, I got to chill with Russ and the 13th Company.

In any event, real life demanded more of me than it usually does....so I had to deal with life instead. I did some updates to the guide's achievement info, and I'll be attempting to work on the road map later tonight. Hopefully I'll actually get some work done on it.

As for the DLC...I don't know. It wasn't there on the market place when I checked a few hours ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party
You sir, have been owned. Locking this down to prevent more people from completely tearing your argument apart
As the great General Khazard once said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Khazard View Post
quichobitchin'
Feel My Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #17
Miles Prower F6

Well you should just be able to pick up where you left off and be done with it. I don't think the DLC is going to have any new achievements.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #18
Feel My Rage

Scourge of Eden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I should....I think the whole guide itself is pretty solid and it really just needs its roadmap. Correct me if I'm wrong though and there are bits to the achievements that could use updating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party
You sir, have been owned. Locking this down to prevent more people from completely tearing your argument apart
As the great General Khazard once said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Khazard View Post
quichobitchin'
Feel My Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #19
Miles Prower F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel My Rage View Post
I should....I think the whole guide itself is pretty solid and it really just needs its roadmap. Correct me if I'm wrong though and there are bits to the achievements that could use updating.
Well I got them all except the 40K kills achievement so I could take a look at them. Course a lot of them I just got through determination, didn't use a special tactic. Most of the achievements aren't really tricky though, the only ones I could see people needing advise on would be the hard without dying, and the specific weapon ones.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:23 AM   #20
GrimSovereignty

Those weapons achievements should really give you more gamerscore for them.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #21
Miles Prower F6

On the bright side working on the weapon achievements helps towards the ultimate goal of 40k kills.

I really hope the Exterminatus counts towards the 40k.

In an off topic thought. Check out the Halloween Kinect show, I give them an A for effort on that one. Was pretty amusing, plus the little fib about the fake blood in Rise of Nightmares.

Last edited by Miles Prower F6; 10-28-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #22
Miles Prower F6

You know what I hate?

People who use Favor of the Armory and Master Crafted Wargear. I call them "bombermen" for short.

I hate them because they cause the game to spiral out of control. Once someone gets killed by an enhanced barrage of grenades 2 or 3 times in a row he says "You think you're so good!? I have that spec too!" Now he starts using his bomberman spec to blow people up. Then they get tired of getting blown up too and switch to their own bombermen spec...

See where this is going? Just about everyone goes into each match with their own special idea of how to carry out the battle. But bombermen cause people to change their plans to the "if you can't beat'em, join'em" approach. The game gets pretty stupid after that.

Of course there's nothing you can do about it since the bomberman spec is effective... if artless.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #23
Mace1st

mace1st's Gamercard
Quote:
See I focus more on loyalist chapters and different alien races, like me and a friend was arguing what would happen if the necrons went against the tyranid
There have been instances of this happening. Most specific one i can recall was from reading the Blood Angels codex. Basically, a Blood Angels army lead by Dante engaged in combat with a Necron army. After three weeks of equally matched fighting, a Tyranid hive fleet turned up. Both sides weary from battle formed an uneasy alliance against the Tyranids. Needless to say, the Tyranids got owned. What is most shocking is that after the battle, both Dante and the Necron lord (cant remember the name) parted ways peacefully. First time I'd ever heard of anything like that involving the Necrons.

On a related note, a colleague informed me about the new Necron Codex due next month. Apparently quite alot has been added and some of the existing lore has been changed. Also, they have some freakishly big new flying tank that is nigh on unbeatable.
Mace1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:19 AM   #24
GrimSovereignty

In my opinion the Imperium of man is going to eventually fall...don't know which faction will deal the final blow..but it will happen. Personally I'm rooting for Chaos

Old 10-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #25
Mace1st

mace1st's Gamercard
If that were to happen, I would of either said Necrons or Orcs. Since i dont know exactly what is happening with the Necrons with teh new codex coming out soon this may not be the case. And since Orcs aren't aware that they are the strongest race psychically, well i doubt it will be them either. But im hopeful

I just hope it isn't the Tyranids.
Mace1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:05 AM   #26
GrimSovereignty

Lol if the tyranids won...their would be no social class/hatred because everyone would be equally likely to be broken down into biological parts. The Eldar could take over the galaxy if they could ever recover from the birth of Slaneesh and how they screwed up.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #27
Miles Prower F6

I heard they're planning another wave of DLC in december.

New armor, more Exterminatus(this time as Chaos, plus there are bosses), and 3 new MP maps.

They'll also be giving everyone a new game mode, Capture the Flag but this will be a universal update you won't have to pay for.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #28
Vortex Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace1st View Post
There have been instances of this happening. Most specific one i can recall was from reading the Blood Angels codex. Basically, a Blood Angels army lead by Dante engaged in combat with a Necron army. After three weeks of equally matched fighting, a Tyranid hive fleet turned up. Both sides weary from battle formed an uneasy alliance against the Tyranids. Needless to say, the Tyranids got owned. What is most shocking is that after the battle, both Dante and the Necron lord (cant remember the name) parted ways peacefully. First time I'd ever heard of anything like that involving the Necrons.

On a related note, a colleague informed me about the new Necron Codex due next month. Apparently quite alot has been added and some of the existing lore has been changed. Also, they have some freakishly big new flying tank that is nigh on unbeatable.
Wasn't that codex written by the infamous Matt Ward? I heared he did something like that and it aggravated a lot of tabletop players.
Vortex Elegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #29
Vortex Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Prower F6 View Post
I heard they're planning another wave of DLC in december.

New armor, more Exterminatus(this time as Chaos, plus there are bosses), and 3 new MP maps.

They'll also be giving everyone a new game mode, Capture the Flag but this will be a universal update you won't have to pay for.
Well, on Steam there is supposedly 9 new achievements, so maybe they also come as DLC later on: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/Spac...e/achievements
Vortex Elegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #30
GrimSovereignty

Yeah the dlc looks like its going to be pretty awesome if released on time in december. Random question who all bought that t-shirt for their avatar that says Blood for the Blood Got...think thats the best thing I ever seen on the avatar marketplace lol