PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #31
Feel My Rage

Scourge of Eden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Prower F6 View Post
You know what I hate?

People who use Favor of the Armory and Master Crafted Wargear. I call them "bombermen" for short.

I hate them because they cause the game to spiral out of control. Once someone gets killed by an enhanced barrage of grenades 2 or 3 times in a row he says "You think you're so good!? I have that spec too!" Now he starts using his bomberman spec to blow people up. Then they get tired of getting blown up too and switch to their own bombermen spec...

See where this is going? Just about everyone goes into each match with their own special idea of how to carry out the battle. But bombermen cause people to change their plans to the "if you can't beat'em, join'em" approach. The game gets pretty stupid after that.

Of course there's nothing you can do about it since the bomberman spec is effective... if artless.
This sounds all too familier.....seems to happen way too much to me.

In any event, for your forum goers that like to look at this thread, I did some mroe updating to the guide and even put the roadmap in now. It's a blessing when you finish a term in college. Gives me some free time.

In any event, if anyone notices some more work that could be done to the guide, I'm all ears. Questions I do have for you all that may know:
How much bonus XP do you get for triple, Quad, and Mega Kills?
How much bonus XP do you get for the Reinforcement bonus?
And the last one
What is a rough estimate for the time required to get 1000?

I've lost track of the time I've played the game, and I have never got a Mega kill and I havn't got a Triple or Quad kill in a while, so I can't remember the XP bonuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party
You sir, have been owned. Locking this down to prevent more people from completely tearing your argument apart
As the great General Khazard once said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Khazard View Post
quichobitchin'
Feel My Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #32
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimSovereignty View Post
Yeah the dlc looks like its going to be pretty awesome if released on time in december. Random question who all bought that t-shirt for their avatar that says Blood for the Blood Got...think thats the best thing I ever seen on the avatar marketplace lol
I bought all of their gear. I rotate between Ultramarines, Chaos and Orks once a week. Except for right now since Sonic Generations is out, and you got a full body Super Sonic avatar outfit for pre-ordering it.

So that's what I'm wearing right now. Makes you look pretty rediculous but it's also real unique looking, rediculously unique.

In other news I managed to beat that bonus round for Exterminatus. Came down to me all by myself, but I slowly whittled the CSMs down until I finally killed the last one. That took a LONG time to do.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #33
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Nice..so far I tend to only get to 4th round then either the people I am playing with all die leaving me facing a horde lol or they actually just leave and eventually me and whoever left just get overwhelmed
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #34
Miles Prower F6

Quote:
Nice..so far I tend to only get to 4th round then either the people I am playing with all die leaving me facing a horde lol or they actually just leave and eventually me and whoever left just get overwhelmed
I expected more people to be playing Exterminatus. When I search usually I'm only finding like 7-12 games at a time. The match making waits are pretty long at times too.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #35
Miles Prower F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel My Rage View Post
I've lost track of the time I've played the game, and I have never got a Mega kill and I havn't got a Triple or Quad kill in a while, so I can't remember the XP bonuses.

Reinforcement bonus is 50EXP. Problem is that people like to instant respawn at their deployment, so gaining your 50EXP from deployments isn't always very reliable.

The estimation for 1000 is going to be pretty hard because of 40K kills and level 40. The level 40 alone takes at least 1-2 weeks of regular and competant gameplay(without boosting).
Old 11-05-2011, 02:12 AM   #36
Feel My Rage

Quote:
Reinforcement bonus is 50EXP. Problem is that people like to instant respawn at their deployment, so gaining your 50EXP from deployments isn't always very reliable.

The estimation for 1000 is going to be pretty hard because of 40K kills and level 40. The level 40 alone takes at least 1-2 weeks of regular and competant gameplay(without boosting).
I remember thats what it took me, because I got level 40 right before i got gears of war. The 40k kills is what throws me off too, as I've yet to achieve it, and I don't want to boost so i don't even have a rough idea for the weapon challenges, as I'm only half way done.

Quote:
You sir, have been owned. Locking this down to prevent more people from completely tearing your argument apart
Quote:
quichobitchin'
Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 AM   #37
Miles Prower F6

The game should have a fairly high difficulty rating. Difficult for inconvenient achievements like 40K kills, and online achievements like level 40 and weapon achievements.

The difficulty would be mainly a time investment form of difficulty. Since most of it you can suck at, you just have to play for a long time. So difficulty in terms of time and patience, rather than gameplay skill.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #38
Feel My Rage

Which, in my opinion, it doesn't have a higher score there. I can agree with your points Miles, but I read the word 'difficulty' as a test of your abilities. If i find something dificult, it (to me) means I'm not yet good enough. But, like I said, I can agree with your points about the patience required.

Quote:
Quote:
quichobitchin'
Old 11-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #39
Miles Prower F6

It's up to you of course how you write your guide. I just want to make sure alternative views are brought up for you to consider. Here are a few points to consider, a each a different form of difficulty.

Learning Curve: How long it takes to learn and excell at the game(Ninja Gaiden 2).

Time invested: How much time you are projected to spend in order to finish the game's content(900+ hours to complete, I'm looking at you Chrome Hounds).

Achievement Demand: How easy or how hard the achievements are(Mile High Club of COD4 anyone?).

Basically it seems that if you took out the time consuming achievements in Space Marine(40k kills, level 40, weapon challenges) then the difficulty rating of the game would drop a lot. Space Marine on its learning curve alone is an easier shooter than average, but those specific achievements drag out your march to 1000/1000 simply out of the time you have to sink into the game. Being good might hasten your progress to 1000/1000, but it's primarily a time sink that is the issue.

So consider as many things as you can before the finalized guide is turned in. People will after all be placing faith in the author.

"The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand." - Sun Tzu
Old 11-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #40
Feel My Rage

All fair points miles, and this is why I ask these questions and discuss these points. I'm not an all-knowing being, and I know this. People will have views that differ from mine, and only by looking at these views can I make a truly accurate assessment.

With the points you've made, I agree. The 'difficulty' for a 1000 should be raised, due to the time consuming nature of some of the achievements.

Nice quote by the way, Miles. May not be 100% appropriate as I'm no general, but the general idea is understood. I commend you, sir.

Quote:
Quote:
quichobitchin'
Old 11-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #41
Miles Prower F6

That was my goal. I've seen a lot of achievement guides with people always saying "This sucks, or that sucks. This is wrong! You are dumb!"

But for all the stones people cast, they don't offer solutions either. I wouldn't even have said anything either unless you had asked for suggestions like you did.

After all, for serious issues unsolicited advice is not proper what the author needs. Not to mention every important task usually has advisors in it, not to make the decisions, but to offer suggestions.

Even Horus had them. He had the Mournival, and they often talked about "Naysmiths."

Last edited by Miles Prower F6; 11-06-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #42
Miles Prower F6

I was thinking about things I didn't like about Space Marine.

You know one of the main things I don't like is the music. They pulled together a live ensemble, but the music isn't memorable. Games like Halo have the iconic 7 note Halo theme, and Gears of War has the iconic guitar whenever you clear an area of enemies.

It's strange because Relic has had decent music in their previous Warhammer games. To pick a few.

These songs in previous Relic produced Warhammer 40,000 installments capture the races/factions they are meant to portray: Space Marines, Eldar, and Chaos.

Now here are examples from other games that you just have to hear a few notes to recognize(I don't even like Gears of War but their music was very good).

I bought the Space Marine limited edition, so it came with the whole OST along with it. The OST isn't bad, the problem is that it also isn't good especially considering Relic's previous sound tracks.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #43
Miles Prower F6

In other news.

I've been playing the Exterminatus a fair amount, trying out various weapons since I have all the perks.

So far it seems like the best weapons to pick for your loadouts are Thunder Hammers and Plasma Cannons. The only way I've beaten the bonus wave was by using the Thunder Hammer.

The Thunder Hammer is nice because it can kill most enemies in 1 or 2 hits, even the nobs. The downside is that you can be fooled into thinking you're unstoppable and get a little too brave in situations that you should get away from.

The Plasma Cannon is nice because you can attack multiple enemies without needing accuracy, and the ammunition for the regular shots(which I mainly use) is efficient even without the additional ammo perk. The disadvantage to the plasma cannon is that it doesn't kill high HP enemies like nobs/'ard boys very well with the regular shots, and the charge shots use up a lot of ammo.

Turns out that the Plasma Gun is useful too.

Last edited by Miles Prower F6; 11-07-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #44
Feel My Rage

Quote:
In other news.

I've been playing the Exterminatus a fair amount, trying out various weapons since I have all the perks.

So far it seems like the best weapons to pick for your loadouts are Thunder Hammers and Plasma Cannons. The only way I've beaten the bonus wave was by using the Thunder Hammer.

The Thunder Hammer is nice because it can kill most enemies in 1 or 2 hits, even the nobs. The downside is that you can be fooled into thinking you're unstoppable and get a little too brave in situations that you should get away from.

The Plasma Cannon is nice because you can attack multiple enemies without needing accuracy, and the ammunition for the regular shots(which I mainly use) is efficient even without the additional ammo perk. The disadvantage to the plasma cannon is that it doesn't kill high HP enemies like nobs/'ard boys very well with the regular shots, and the charge shots use up a lot of ammo.

Turns out that the Plasma Gun is useful too.
Really now? I seem to have had the best luck with a class using the Kraken Bolter and a Meltagun. The other good combo I found was a power axe w/ a plasma pistol, Axeman's Zeal, and any other perk really. Might be worth trying True Grit with a thunder hammer....

Is the one/two hit kills with or without Killing Blow, Miles?

Quote:
Quote:
quichobitchin'
Old 11-07-2011, 04:52 AM   #45
Miles Prower F6

Quote:
Really now? I seem to have had the best luck with a class using the Kraken Bolter and a Meltagun. The other good combo I found was a power axe w/ a plasma pistol, Axeman's Zeal, and any other perk really. Might be worth trying True Grit with a thunder hammer....

Is the one/two hit kills with or without Killing Blow, Miles?
I am getting some huge results from just the Plasma Gun alone. It's accurate, it's powerful and it has pretty good ammo efficiency with the +ammo perk. If you are accurate, the Plasma Gun will take out any Nob(except Big Slugga Nobs) before it overheats.

I use the Thunder Hammer with Killing Blow/Impenetrable. The only things it can't kill in 2 hits are Big Slugga Nobs, Chaos Tactical Marines and Chaos Champions. I haven't tried it without the Killing Blow, I'll give it a whirl next time.

Right now the Plasma Gun and Thunder Hammer are the weapons of choice I've found so far.

I was using Kraken Rounds at first, but the Plasma Gun was more versatile. It is very ammo efficient since it causes a lot of damage and only uses 1 charge per shot, plus its perk doubles its ammo capacity. On top of that you pick up 40 plasma charge per ammo pick up, plus you always have the option to fire charge shots to disperse crowds.

It could be a play style preference, but I think it is worth a try for you to take a look at the plasma gun for a round or 2. I know some other guy copied me and was performing a lot better.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #46
Feel My Rage

Interesting....I'll have to give it a go then with the Plasma Gun. I had an aversion to it from my first attempts at using plasma online....Hell, I only JUST started using the plasma cannon yesterday because of that.

Quote:
Quote:
quichobitchin'
Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #47
Miles Prower F6

Quote:
Interesting....I'll have to give it a go then with the Plasma Gun. I had an aversion to it from my first attempts at using plasma online....Hell, I only JUST started using the plasma cannon yesterday because of that.
I know what you mean(which sucks since I like plasma weaponry), I had my own expectations of Exterminatus and what would be good or bad based on my MP experience. Once I got down there though I realized I had to throw all my old tactics away.

It makes sense though. After all, the orks don't have armor and health like Space Marines do in the MP, so the damage values for health and armor don't mean the same thing in Exterminatus.

If you haven't tried it yet, switch your Plasma Cannon's equipment to Flash Grenades. You can stun huge groups of orks long enough to aim your overcharged shots more easily.

I can now confirm that your damage drops when you don't have Killing Blow on. Took 4-6 hits to kill nobs.

Last edited by Miles Prower F6; 11-07-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #48
Miles Prower F6

It's 4:30 PM EST right now. If anyone wants to play Exterminatus send me a message on LIVE, my gamer tag is the same as my x360a name.

Planning on testing the Lascannon for a bit. I know what you're thinking, that weapon would not be any good. But if it kills nobs and chaos effectively, it could be useful in the 4th arena.

Well I've tried all the weapons and most of the perks.

The weapons I've had the best results...

Thunder Hammer with Killing Blow. The other perk is up to the player, though I prefer Impenetrable since it might save you from being pinged by ranged fire when your health is low.

Plasma Gun with Enlarged Plasma Chamber. The other perk is up to the player, though I like to use the Master Crafted Wargear to assist with crowd control.

And I have 2 combos for the Plasma Cannon.

Plasma Cannon with Plasma Heat Sink. Other perk is optional though I prefer Artificer's Armor for the survivability.

Plasma Cannon with Improved Plasma Charge and Ammunition Stores. Make sure you take Blind Grenades, it'll help you set up charge attacks easier. Make sure you also have Ammunition Stores or your charge shots will eat up your ammo too quickly.

Last edited by Miles Prower F6; 11-08-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:16 AM   #49
GrimSovereignty

I hate the Emperor Protects achievement...I got all the way to part 3 then I died where Leandros had to reload the shell lol I just cut the game off.
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

Old 11-23-2011, 04:38 AM   #50
Miles Prower F6

Quote:
I hate the Emperor Protects achievement...I got all the way to part 3 then I died where Leandros had to reload the shell lol I just cut the game off.
A lot of running away involved there, between the entrance and the exit. You can outrun everything they throw at you.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #51
GrimSovereignty

I just don't even feel like playing anymore lol, I might go through just to get the achievement for beating the game on hard but I probably wont try for The Emperor Protects achievement unless I get suuppperrr bored

Old 11-26-2011, 03:50 AM   #52
ajaxus

ajaxxus's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
I just don't even feel like playing anymore lol, I might go through just to get the achievement for beating the game on hard but I probably wont try for The Emperor Protects achievement unless I get suuppperrr bored
i actually found that achievement to be quite simple. i ran through the brunt of the chapter with the Stalker-Pattern Bolter / Bolter combo. keep your distance from enemies and snipe them in the head with the Stalker. once you get to the final checkpoint before the large fight (the one you said you died at), make sure you stock up on ammo from the weapon crate.

make your way through the door, kill the guards at the bomb, and afterwards place five Vengeance Launcher rounds on the floor. you will want to detonate these in quick succession when the horde of Slugga Boyz begin their charge. before that, a small Gretchin and some Shoota Boyz will appear. quickly take out the Shoota Boyz above with your Stalker-Bolter. do not worry so much about the Gretchin. i would say it is best to even leave some of these guys around in case you need to quickly execute them to regain health, but otherwise just shoot them with your Bolter and use the highly-explosive Squigs to take out groups of enemies with ease.

now, when the fight is almost done and you have killed the majority of enemies, a big tough Slugga Nob will appear. use your Vengeance Launcher and attach three or four rounds to him and detonate them by holding RB. he will go down easily. after that, the rest of the fighting is cake. use melee take-downs on the Gretchin to regain any lost health and kill any straggling Shoota Boyz / Slugga Boyz.

some basic tips for the big fight: run around constantly, and use your evasive roll often. it can really prove useful when trying to avoid close-quarters combat. also, do not forget about your grenades! there is a grenade case and an ammo case in the big room, so do not hesitate to use your grenades if you need to.

after the big fight, the rest of the chapter should be pretty easy. you may want to keep your Vengeance Launcher stocked on ammo, as there are some Nobz and Ard Boyz you will need to kill on the large train / battering ram section. when you face the Ork ship at the end, just detach the Plasma Cannon and stick to the side walls to avoid taking damage, and keep to the front of the train because the ship will drop off some Orks and a Nob at some point throughout the fight.

Last edited by ajaxus; 11-28-2011 at 11:56 PM.
ajaxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #53
GrimSovereignty

I might try again I just don't see it happening soon lol

Old 12-03-2011, 01:18 AM   #54
Miles Prower F6

I only play the game on hard since it feels the most realistic, so the achievement came pretty naturally. It took me 2 attempts because I died while fighting the ship at the end since it was my first time fighting it.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #55
ABD CakeTime

abd caketime's Gamercard
I hadn't played a Seize Ground match in almost a week until the other night. I decided to work on my Lascannon so I picked Dev and got to work. This particular Assault Marine kept flying around the center of the bridge, not really assaulting B, so I tagged him. He comes back, and I tag him again. The third time he tries to be sneaky and comes a different route, managing to get much closer to me. He landed nearby and I fired from the hip, hitting him but not killing him. So what does he do? Leaps over the side of the bridge to his death. The ensuing fit of laughter caused my own death though, as one of his team members noticed our encounter and sighted his own Lascannon right at my face while I was busy giggling like a damn fool. Moments like those keep me playing.
ABD CakeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #56
GrimSovereignty

Lol sounds like it was funny...I can't use the Lascannon at all, any sniping I do is usually with the Stalker I can usually get about 8-9 kills with it before getting all antsy and having to switch to to my tactical class so I can get into the middle of the action.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #57
Miles Prower F6

I hate it when there's some ASM jumping everywhere and no one on my entire team can hit him, he goes like soaring through the air with all this gun fire flying by like he's a movie star, making him all action packed looking.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #58
ABD CakeTime

abd caketime's Gamercard
I have the exact opposite luck, every time I choose ASM the other team is composed of Devs and Tacs using Lascannons and Stalkers with pinpoint accuracy.
ABD CakeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #59
Miles Prower F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABD CakeTime View Post
I have the exact opposite luck, every time I choose ASM the other team is composed of Devs and Tacs using Lascannons and Stalkers with pinpoint accuracy.
I hear that is pretty frequent on the PC version due to the faster reactions of mouse aiming.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #60
GrimSovereignty

I use the assault class but I am terrible with it, I am just trying to get the challenges done for the hammer/maul but I will only get like 5 or 6 kills a game.