PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Hulk Hogan's Main Event
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Smile Honest review here :)

Well i just got this lastnight at toys r us in canada. boy am i glad i did!

you unlock arenas,venues,clothes,events,extra as you play story mode. the game is a perfect blend between WWE all stars wrestling & mike tysons punchout(nes).

the create your wrestler has a bunch of cool options. including using your own voice. in which you get to have upto 4 recordings.

i put things like. i must break you! its all about the money ha ha ha & so fourth.

the graphics and gameplay is arcade type. you get over 50 real wrestling moves to do.

you can do a toe trip to a somya drop! even pile drivers & so fourth.

fans will throw stuff at you that you must dodge.

others will want you to strike variuos poses.

controls you can do a number of ways. lets say you do an elbow drop. you can do it by just raising & lowering your elbow. you can do it the full motion or you can do it half way at a 45 degree angle.

overall its a great game & does a great jobs of putting you in the ring. nice story mode done via comicbook panel style.

if your not sure if you'd like it. rent it for a few days.

you also get 2 belts to try for.

you have your ordinary colors to create yourself. i used the pyhscodeliac ones. my wrestler has green hair,red body,neon blue tattoes & electric blue eyes.

the customisation gives you ALOT to choose from. once i picked this up i couldnt put it down.

you do unlock more fight modes as you play through stoty mode.

minuses = no online play, sometime you have to follow the pics of hogan. ie when you're trying to get your energy back. you'll be dodging his punches till you recover. lack of real wrestlers & venues.

i give this a 9/10. it deserves a chance & i was addicted in no time! rent of buy you cant go wrong.

hope this helps feel free to ask questions.

oh & i'm using the wii yo type this.
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
pyromattmatchstick

pyromattmatch's Gamercard
i bought this game first day and it is awsome.you are right at the 9/10 because it is very fun and good i know it doesnt match up to todays gamers expectations but to atleast old school gamers like me this is great. and by the way good job on the review
pyromattmatchstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
mighty1

Send a message via Yahoo to mighty1

The Smoking Ace's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Would like to see more reviews for this by the community and I'm curious what fid xplay give it?
My All-Time Greatest Challange Success: Dead Rising 1000/1000 =100% Game Completion

All Time Favorite Achievement: Day7 in Dead Rising

Hey Yo I Stay Ballin

mighty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
dylan0228

dylan021706's Gamercard
I`ve played this for about an hour so far & it is suprisingly fun! It was deal of the day at Best Buy for $14.99, so I grabbed it thinking it would be a boring generic wrestling game. Not the case so far.

Last edited by dylan0228; 12-17-2011 at 02:33 PM.
dylan0228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:15 AM   #5
peterk

ApesAteMyFlesh's Gamercard
9/10? Do you guys work for the developer?

It's amusing to a small degree, but that's about it. Not even sure it's worth the $9.98 I just paid for it on clearance at Target.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
BigApple3AM

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My take:

The presentation and features of this game are super bad.

PS1 wrestling games had better and deeper create-a-wrestler modes.

The matches are oddly punctuated by these terrible, lifeless comic panel "cut-scenes". These slow things down and are uninspired, joyless, and bring nothing to the game. They make the cut-scenes from Rocketmen look like L.A. Noire.

I was hoping the gameplay would be reminiscent of Punch Out, but it plays like a really slow and awkward game of Simon Says.

The only thing that the game really has going for it is the Hulk Hogan license, and it is underutilized. His character model looks absolutely terrible and is way different from the one on the box. There is constant instruction on what to do in the game and you end up reading countless text boxes. Why not show the player what to do and have Hogan narrate? Or at least have him read the countless text boxes.

The game is truly mediocre in every way, but getting the achievements shouldn't be too bad.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
Sideeffect11

Rapid Visions's Gamercard
great games
Sideeffect11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #8
raidenhardcore

raidenhardcore's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterk View Post
9/10? Do you guys work for the developer?

It's amusing to a small degree, but that's about it. Not even sure it's worth the $9.98 I just paid for it on clearance at Target.
dont mind panic's bullshit "reviews" this is just a piece of shit game unless you're braindead nobody will like this quick moneymaker of a game
raidenhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:57 AM   #9
fvkasm2x

Y2Kasper10's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidenhardcore View Post
dont mind panic's bullshit "reviews" this is just a piece of shit game unless you're braindead nobody will like this quick moneymaker of a game
Ya, I am starting to wonder how much crack he smokes. This is nowhere near a 9/10 game.

He also game the Self Defense Trainer for kinect a 10/10 and that game is boring as hell.

My Games for sale on Ebay (or here):
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251858037197?...84.m1555.l2649
Gamerscore earned by year-
2010: 4,925
2011: 16,283
2012: 18,012
2013: 58,067
2014: 100,556
fvkasm2x is offline   Reply With Quote