PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Rise of Nightmares
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
acmassonsr
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 38
Master of the Nightmare Achievement

This is my last Achievement to get. Can anyone tell me if you die can you just replay the ACT that you died in and still get the Achievement "Master of the Nightmare" at the end of the Game, or can you load a previous saved game from a backup and coutinue on from there. Also what about using a controller that is not wireless and just before you see "Your Are Dead" on the screen exit the game and go back in and coutinue. Would that work instead of Powering off your Xbox. Thanks
acmassonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
HamKet
 
HamKet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 903

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmassonsr View Post
This is my last Achievement to get. Can anyone tell me if you die can you just replay the ACT that you died in and still get the Achievement "Master of the Nightmare" at the end of the Game, or can you load a previous saved game from a backup and coutinue on from there.
As far as I know, no one has tested this. Feel free to try it and report back, because it would be great to know if you can simply replay an act if you've died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmassonsr View Post
Also what about using a controller that is not wireless and just before you see "Your Are Dead" on the screen exit the game and go back in and coutinue. Would that work instead of Powering off your Xbox. Thanks
Most people use wireless controllers now, so its quicker for them to just power down, but quitting to the dashboard with a wired controller will also work. Just make sure you're fast enough and do it before "YOU ARE DEAD" appears on screen.
__________________
HamKet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
thepinkster87
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5

thepinkster87's Gamercard
I also haven't got this achievement yet but as I understand it based on the description of the achievement it has to be a continual play so I don't think that replaying acts which you died in would count. The only way that definitely works is turning off the xbox before it tells you you are dead although exiting to dashboard might also work. We really need the people who have already got this achievement to clear this up for us.
thepinkster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Xenolith666
 
Xenolith666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3rd rock
Posts: 1,824

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Dashboarding works just fine. I just held a controller in my left hand. The game automatically pauses once you hit the xbox button on the controller.. so as long as you hit the button before the "you are dead" screen; you'll be fine. Only died 5 times on nightmare anyway.. so it wasn't that bad.
__________________
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #5
Kovy88
 
Kovy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 156

Kovy88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I died a few times during the Torture-playthrough, I just shut off the console before the "you are dead" screen, and the achievement popped just fine.
__________________
-----------------
100k - 24.8.2011 | 200k - 2.12.2012 | 300k - 1.12.2013

Kovy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
TBONE AP
 
TBONE AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 26

TBONE AP's Gamercard
Can anyone clarify the dashboard before "you are dead" screen? As as long as you dashboard before you see the actual words YOU ARE DEAD are you in the clear? Or do you have to dashboard before the screen switches, basically when you're still on the ground dead, bleeding?

Thanks.
TBONE AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Skorpion XBA
Prepping for Battle
 
Skorpion XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: \//\
Posts: 2,353

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE AP View Post
Can anyone clarify the dashboard before "you are dead" screen? As as long as you dashboard before you see the actual words YOU ARE DEAD are you in the clear? Or do you have to dashboard before the screen switches, basically when you're still on the ground dead, bleeding?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
Dashboarding works just fine. I just held a controller in my left hand. The game automatically pauses once you hit the xbox button on the controller.. so as long as you hit the button before the "you are dead" screen; you'll be fine. Only died 5 times on nightmare anyway.. so it wasn't that bad.
Someone did, just a few posts up lol.
__________________
Skorpion XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #8
TBONE AP
 
TBONE AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 26

TBONE AP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion x360a View Post
Someone did, just a few posts up lol.
I understand what he wrote but I'm wondering if once the screen goes black (as in away from the actual game-play screen), would it be too late.

Not a big deal. I'll beat Torture tonight and report back with what happens achievement wise.
TBONE AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #9
TBONE AP
 
TBONE AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 26

TBONE AP's Gamercard
Got the achievement. I thought one time I didn't dashboard in time when I died. I heard some of the death music. So all that is posted is good.
TBONE AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:14 AM.