PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Windows Phone
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #61
IEvil IMonkey
 
IEvil IMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,708

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioeduardo View Post
hey man... can i buy games in marketplace, for a wp8, using microsoft points?
I know i can't do it in wp7, but what about wp8?

thanks
No only Debit/Credit card or Paypal
__________________
345 GAMES COMPLETED (NOT INC DLC)
136 Retail129 XboxLIVE 65 WP 15 W8
IEvil IMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #62
Jardinho
 
Jardinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Liverpool, England Observations on Ty-Rex: Bitch
Posts: 1,725

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Anybody think that Halo Spartan Assault will require 1GB of RAM?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I only have a cell phone, shaky hands and a dream to be the best amateur pornographer there ever was.
Jardinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #63
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member
 
XBOX ISAAC82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, England TimeZone: GMT 00
Posts: 2,031

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Anybody think that Halo Spartan Assault will require 1GB of RAM?
This is the wrong place to post this mate. Admin would say best to ask in the games own forum but they don't get too many people visiting them so probably best to ask in here in the future.

But to answer your question it only requires 512MB.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter (<-- click here) so you can
get the latest WP7/8 & Windows 8 list updates,
marketplace links to new games, game news, etc.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.




Last edited by XBOX ISAAC82; 06-13-2013 at 12:19 AM.
XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #64
Jardinho
 
Jardinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Liverpool, England Observations on Ty-Rex: Bitch
Posts: 1,725

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISAAC1982 View Post
This is the wrong place to post this mate. Admin would say best to ask in the games own forum but they don't get too many people visiting them so probably best to ask in here in the future.

But to answer your question it only requires 512MB.
I don't think they bother making forums for upcoming WP games. Had a little look but.. nothing.
I'll keep that in mind though, about posting in the other thread. This one for hardware, that one for games.

Is it definitely confirmed to be 512MB though? I trust you but maybe you could hook me up to where to find this sort of stuff out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I only have a cell phone, shaky hands and a dream to be the best amateur pornographer there ever was.
Jardinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #65
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member
 
XBOX ISAAC82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, England TimeZone: GMT 00
Posts: 2,031

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
I don't think they bother making forums for upcoming WP games. Had a little look but.. nothing.
I'll keep that in mind though, about posting in the other thread. This one for hardware, that one for games.

Is it definitely confirmed to be 512MB though? I trust you but maybe you could hook me up to where to find this sort of stuff out.
Good point Jardinho, they don't really make forums for upcoming games but the other is definitely best place to ask as it is the full WP8 game list but is more or less a general game thread.

My source for the 512MB is wpcentral.com which is my source for a lot of Window Phone info/news. See the article on Spartan Assault here. The info on the ram is near the bottom of the article.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter (<-- click here) so you can
get the latest WP7/8 & Windows 8 list updates,
marketplace links to new games, game news, etc.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.



XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #66
Jardinho
 
Jardinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Liverpool, England Observations on Ty-Rex: Bitch
Posts: 1,725

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISAAC1982 View Post
Good point Jardinho, they don't really make forums for upcoming games but the other is definitely best place to ask as it is the full WP8 game list but is more or less a general game thread.

My source for the 512MB is wpcentral.com which is my source for a lot of Window Phone info/news. See the article on Spartan Assault here. The info on the ram is near the bottom of the article.
Thanks Isaac, I always forget about wpcentral, seems like a good site but I never go on it.

And there are usually forums for most upcoming retail games, you just have to scroll and scroll to find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPcentral
The Windows Phone 8 game only requires 512 MB of RAM, making it compatible with low-cost handsets like the Lumia 520!
Yay, my lovely, cheap, cheap phone.

Also makes me wonder why, if they can make this run on 512MB of RAM, why can't they make games like Geodefense run on it? I'm gonna have to rob my Trophy back off my brother if I ever feel like playing Gd:Swarm
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I only have a cell phone, shaky hands and a dream to be the best amateur pornographer there ever was.
Jardinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #67
mosin360
 
mosin360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 847

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for this FAQ, it answered a few questions I had. I bought a cheap wp7 off ebay and looking forward to playing some games. And yeah the achievements was a driving force behind this whole thing.

I plan on getting a wp8 at some point when there is a lot more games out for it.
__________________
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire

Last goal met: 225k - September 2, 2014

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #68
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member
 
XBOX ISAAC82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, England TimeZone: GMT 00
Posts: 2,031

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosin360 View Post
Thanks for this FAQ, it answered a few questions I had. I bought a cheap wp7 off ebay and looking forward to playing some games. And yeah the achievements was a driving force behind this whole thing.

I plan on getting a wp8 at some point when there is a lot more games out for it.
If your after achievements this should be a useful thread.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=323617
__________________
Follow me on Twitter (<-- click here) so you can
get the latest WP7/8 & Windows 8 list updates,
marketplace links to new games, game news, etc.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.



XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #69
mosin360
 
mosin360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 847

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yea, I've been going over that thread in detail. Its been quite helpful as well. Phone should be here by Monday according to the post office tracking site. I'll be ready for it!
__________________
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire

Last goal met: 225k - September 2, 2014

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #70
Carrion
 
Carrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gulf Coast, Texas
Posts: 171

CarrionRoc's Gamercard
I'm thinking of getting a Windows phone just to play around with. Do I have to have service on the phone to download/play games or can I just use wifi?
__________________
Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #71
HamKet
 
HamKet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 988

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrion View Post
I'm thinking of getting a Windows phone just to play around with. Do I have to have service on the phone to download/play games or can I just use wifi?
You can just use wi-fi.
__________________
HamKet is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
faq, windows phone

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27 PM.