PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
All That You Need To Complete Dead Rising 2: Off The Record

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record is a pretty big game. Not as big as GTA 4 or Final Fantasy XI (or my penis... I'm a God damn liar...), but still pretty intimidating.

As with any game of this size, it's always nice to have any and all information available to you at all times. Searching through countless "Purewal Glitch" threads while looking for the locations of Zombrex, or having difficulty finding out where the hell those strange Security Keys go can be very annoying and a waste of your time.

That's why I have taken on the task of finding all of this information for you and keeping it all neat and tidy in this one little thread. So, peruse at your leisure and enjoy;

Your first stop, most likely; the Achievement Guide & Road Map. The most obvious choice for the Achievement hunter, but what better way to kick off the thread? Well, I did have a monkey but I lost it...

ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE & ROAD MAP

Low on money? Or, do you just need to find some Zombrex for your next fix? Then, indulge yourself in these Security Keys! Guaranteed to satisfy your every need. Unless you like blow-up dolls; we don't do that and neither should you. May the Lord have mercy on your soul. Dirty boy.

SECURITY KEY LOCATIONS/REWARDS

Perhaps finding the keys and trudging over to the Uranus Zone is a little too much effort? You want Zombrex, but you're not prepared to do that kind of leg work, am I right? Well then, Zombie Slayer, you need the list of Zombrex Locations! Ironically, you may have to do more leg work than finding the keys, but that's not why we're here, dammit!

ZOMBREX LOCATIONS

Challenges. The bread and butter of Sandbox mode. If you have no idea how to complete one to Gold level, then step in to the back and drop yourself in to the Gold Challenges Guide (Revised)! Remember, the co-op ones are basically the same, just don't have an idiot co-op partner... Easier said than done, in my experience.

GOLD CHALLENGES GUIDE (REVISED)

Who played Dead Rising? Hands up. Great game, true? But those survivors! I can't be the only person who questioned how idiots like that managed to survive an Outbreak? I can't imagine them being able to survive breakfast! Well, I think it may be Frank who causes every person's IQ to drop, as they are just as stupid here. For this game, you need the Leadership magazine. While you're at it, grab a few more and really reap the benefits! Not those benefits, the Job Centre isn't in this game. Anyway, go forth and Magazine Locations and Effects...-iply.

MAGAZINE LOCATIONS AND EFFECTS

Fancy cheating Purewal Memorial Cup or Alpha vs Omega (or both, you cheeky sod)? I thought you might. You can do just that, if you like. I don't have any issues if you do, but you people do get the pink font, so think about that. Go on, think about it. Ah, what the hell, go and Trade for Purewal Memorial Cup & Alpha vs Omega!

PUREWAL MEMORIAL CUP TRADE (1) WITH ALPHA vs OMEGA

PUREWAL MEMORIAL CUP TRADE (2)

Money. We all love it, but we'd like to use as little energy as possible in our quest to earn it. Maybe that's just me, but I know where I'd be looking if I wanted a huge amount of money in a short space of time; Easy Money Guides!

EASY MONEY (CROWD PLEASER CHALLENGE)

PP Stickers. Dead Rising's collectibles. If you fancy taking 75 pictures of stickers (and you might, there is an achievement for it), look no further than the 75 PP Sticker Guide!

75 PP STICKER GUIDE

100,000 kills. Excuse me, Gears of War 2 but get your achievement out of my game... Anyway, Capcom have decided that 100,000 kills would be a nice waste of your time, taking hours to accomplish. No, let's do it a different way; The Best Way.

100,000 KILLS

So, now that you've played the game for a little while, do you like it? Is there anything you don't like? Is Frank too fat; are the zombies too annoying; does it burn when you pee; do you dream of Rebecca Chang's face under a lawn mower; is this game not worth the disc it was printed on? You can complain about all of these (except one, unless you would like to talk to your fellow man about your problem) in The Bitching Thread!

THE OFFICAL BITCHING THREAD (DON'T ACCEPT IMITATIONS... OR SOMETHING)

That will be all for now, but I'll add more later and if you have any ideas, please let me know. Happy zombie slaying (That's the best I could come up with? Wow...)!

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 10-03-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
xOhNoes11

I OhNoes I's Gamercard
I love you Callum.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
That's a quite colorful thread Callum but nice job there.

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Priit3

Priit3's Gamercard
Amazing guide!

Priit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
xOhNoes11

I OhNoes I's Gamercard
So sad that this doesn't get bumped more. Mostly stupid questions and Purewal trading on this forum now. -__-
Old 10-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Let me apologise for not updating this. I have just started my new job at Blockbuster and I've had much to do. As soon as I get chance, I'll go through and find more useful links to add to the guide.

I promise that I will not leave this guide to die, as we do need something like this to decrease the clutter in the forum.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 AM   #7
xOhNoes11

I OhNoes I's Gamercard
No problem! Where are the mods when you need them? :O
Old 11-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #8
IVIR BLOBBY

IVIR BLOBBY's Gamercard
Bump

Sticky for this would help everyone on the forum ...

Guides - DR2: off the record
IVIR BLOBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #9
FlogginMcMurry

FloggingMcMurry's Gamercard
You should also include a link to my magazine list, which I am still working on.

ALL magazines and locations should be acounted for... right now I'm trying to backtrack and so something I neglected to do originally (and was later suggested)... Actually inform the reader what each magazine does and what it benefits (PP, Item, etc...j)
FlogginMcMurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #10
credible

RuntherCredible's Gamercard
Lovely work, Callum.

"For he did not know that beyond the lake he called home lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are both wilder and more serene. To its ports I've been. To its ports I've been."
credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #11
Heraldofkaos

Herald 0f Chaos's Gamercard
Sticky? This has helped me loads btw so thanks!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:33 AM   #12
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Yeah sticky this. Thank you calling you are a big help
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #13
Yoda beer

Yoda Beer's Gamercard
Thank you. Bumb
Yoda beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:30 AM   #14
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
love your style buddy nice humor and all the info is there thanks good job
Old 10-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #15
Crimson Ridley

I know, I know, it's been almost a year since I updated this! Let's forget about how useless I am at remembering things, and let's get this updated!

You know how I just said we should forget about how useless I am at remembering things? Instead, let's talk about it; I can't remember anything about this game, so I need your help. What am I missing from this thread? Is there anything that I need to include?

Old 10-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #16
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
na mate i think u have it all covered i am just stuck on the big robot boss at the end been watching u-tube vids trying to perfect tecnique if i come across anything i cant work out i'll post here no worries buddy
Old 01-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #17
Crimson Ridley

OK, I've just bought the game again on the PC, and I've forgotten so much about the game that I'm actually using my own thread for help!

I'll be making sure that everything is still up to date, and if there have been any easier methods found, to round out this thread. I've noticed it's been stickied so that's fantastic!

Old 08-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
redraiders95

Malboro Man74's Gamercard
Achievements Guid

Im Suprise there is no Achievement Guide for this game.its been out since 2011 now.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #19
Boylin

Boylin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by redraiders95 View Post
Im Suprise there is no Achievement Guide for this game.its been out since 2011 now.
You mean this? http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...-record/guide/
Boylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #20
Chrstphr890

SILENT PING890's Gamercard
Awesome thread. Thanks
Chrstphr890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #21
jamiefors

Jamiefors's Gamercard
Brilliant guide, still trying to do 8 in a vehicle

jamiefors is offline   Reply With Quote