PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #91
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenFragger000 View Post
Just because YOU don't have many problems doesn't mean other people don't. Assuming that your experience is the exact same as my experience is just down right stupid.

I personally have issues every single day. It takes 20-30 minutes to even get into a match because of all the "Lost server connection issues". And then when I do, the first 5-10 games I find are laggy. I'm rubber banding all over the place. Eventually it evens out and I get a few kills, but then I get disconnected and I'm staring at the main menu.

I'm sorry you have the patience of a saint, but requiring me to have that kind of game play and not be upset about it is pretty darn ridiculous.

I've seen people who have NEVER been able to get multiplayer to work since the day the game launched. You're telling me you wouldn't be whining if you couldn't even get the multiplayer game to load after you just dropped $60.00 on it?

Yeah. That's what I thought.
I didn't say my experience equaled that of everyone else. I've had issues too. I just don't cry about it like a little bitch because I have a life outside this game and I know it will be sorted soon.

Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #92
DrOxycontin420

Dro5150's Gamercard
im getting server down issues still
DrOxycontin420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #93
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiken View Post
I didn't say my experience equaled that of everyone else. I've had issues too. I just don't cry about it like a little bitch because I have a life outside this game and I know it will be sorted soon.

It might be worth noting that I too have a life outside of this game. I work my 40+ hours, play soccer in 3 different leagues, and take care of my grandmother who has Alzheimer's. That being said, I have very limited time in which I can actually sit down to play games and when I do, I expect shit to work properly. It simply isn't fun dealing with server related BS for an hour and then having to shut your console down because your free time is up. If this was an isolated incident with EA then fine, but this shit happens with EVERY EA game server and it's not confined to launch day, week or even month. I still have constant issues when attempting to play BFBC2 and BF1943, the latter of which is arguably one of the finest games every developed.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #94
megregd

megregd's Gamercard
Is this MP for real?

I cant connect to ANY games.

"Failed to connect to EA online."

I was just playing in one!
megregd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #95
dr latour

dr latour's Gamercard
They crashed again shame but not expected since we were getting such bad lag. My question is why dont they have some kind of private match where you could mess around with your friends when this shit happens.
dr latour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #96
iGoHard

Brock is Groovy's Gamercard
This is fuckin awesome get this game and i cant even connect to one game says i lost connection to ea server or something like that: mad:: mad:
iGoHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #97
Gav LCFC

Gav LCFC's Gamercard
Just wait 8 more minutes and it will be out in the uk, best get some servers up quickish!!
Gav LCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #98
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr latour View Post
They crashed again shame but not expected since we were getting such bad lag. My question is why dont they have some kind of private match where you could mess around with your friends when this shit happens.
That thing for you to do when shit like this happens is called the "campaign."

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #99
Beagle Ninja

Beagle Ninja's Gamercard
I look at this as the best possible advertisement for MW3. Hey, have you played BF3? Were you disappointed in their shitty servers, their inability to let you play with your friends, pointlessly huge maps, super-short campaign, and stupid blurry effects to show off a game engine? Not to mention shitty air vehicle combat. Then do we have the game for you! We here at Activision-Blizzard & Infinity Ward make a game that actually, you know, works. It may be glitchy, and full of campers, but you'll be able to play it for shit's sake. It also may be "graphically inferior" but I'll take a game that I can play over a texture install pack any day.

I'm sorry, but a game should be fully playable at launch. BF3 should be an improvement over BFBC2. It isn't, and all of this after having a public beta! Shit, at least I could fly and get kills in BFBC2! If it weren't for the completionist in me I'd be trading this in toward MW3.

***Fifty-Star Commander and Attack-Mover Extraordinaire***

-Sig by GSDragon-
Μολὼν λαβέ

Beagle Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #100
QueenFragger000

GoingPostal000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not pissed. Trust me, you'd know if I was pissed.

My first post was the first I've made on the subject and I was not whining about the game. I was commenting about YOUR response to other people. Your flippant answer to someone's else's agony really makes you look like a complete asshole. Turns out, I wasn't too far off base.

And oh rest assured that I, too, have a life. I am a probation officer and work 60-80 hour work weeks. While I do agree with the bitch comment you made, because indeed I am one as I get paid for it, I still have to insist that when I buy something, it should actually work as advertised. When I finally get home from work and sit on the couch to blow something up, frankly it's quite annoying to not even be able to log in.

Road to Seriously 3.0: 30/65 Onyx medals

RIP QueenFragger000 account with 25,000 gamerscore points.

QueenFragger000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #101
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
One reason why MW3 will get a perfect 10, the server's never go down.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:53 PM   #102
yakuzzaa

II yakuzZaa II's Gamercard
crap - so my nemesis and combat eff. medals are not saved cause it kicked me out of the last game.....man thats sad !
Old 10-27-2011, 11:53 PM   #103
dr latour

dr latour's Gamercard
well aleast i got to play one match before it crashed again
dr latour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #104
d3tach3d

d3tach3d's Gamercard
Its not necessarily the servers themselves but how efficient the programing code for running all the shit that going on is. They just need to optimize the code or fix whatver the hell it is. But Im with you all, this is pissing me off!!! I rented the game and bought the 10 dollar MP pass and I cant even play MP. Lame. me:EA:
d3tach3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #105
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
My friend and I have been trying for over an hour. We can't get into a multiplayer game. We've been able to play 2 co-op missions. The thing that really sucks is that the co-op missions require you to have a connection to the EA servers, to which we can't connect right now, so we can't even freakin play co-op.

(And we're already done with campaign. Twice each.)

I can't believe how many people said they would've gladly paid $60 if BF3 was just multiplayer only. For a game that had its roots as a multiplayer only game, they sure are F-ing up big time.

Not being a fanboy or flaming, but my excitement level for MW3 just rose tenfold. Just saying.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:31 AM   #106
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
It might be worth noting that I too have a life outside of this game. I work my 40+ hours, play soccer in 3 different leagues, and take care of my grandmother who has Alzheimer's. That being said, I have very limited time in which I can actually sit down to play games and when I do, I expect shit to work properly. It simply isn't fun dealing with server related BS for an hour and then having to shut your console down because your free time is up. If this was an isolated incident with EA then fine, but this shit happens with EVERY EA game server and it's not confined to launch day, week or even month. I still have constant issues when attempting to play BFBC2 and BF1943, the latter of which is arguably one of the finest games every developed.
I'm sorry to say this, but if you still have issues with BFBC2 or BF1943, then it has to be on your end. Probably about half of the people on my friend list, which is close to the full 100, play those games and never have issues. We all had issues with BFBC2 at launch, just like we are all having issues with BF3. After a week or so the BFBC2 issues were sorted and there was maybe 1 or 2 days since that the game didn't work. I expect BF3 will be the same.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #107
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenFragger000 View Post
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not pissed. Trust me, you'd know if I was pissed.

My first post was the first I've made on the subject and I was not whining about the game. I was commenting about YOUR response to other people. Your flippant answer to someone's else's agony really makes you look like a complete asshole. Turns out, I wasn't too far off base.

And oh rest assured that I, too, have a life. I am a probation officer and work 60-80 hour work weeks. While I do agree with the bitch comment you made, because indeed I am one as I get paid for it, I still have to insist that when I buy something, it should actually work as advertised. When I finally get home from work and sit on the couch to blow something up, frankly it's quite annoying to not even be able to log in.

I'm not being flippant, I'm telling people to calm down and get a fucking life. This shit will be sorted out in a matter of days. Its meant as friendly advice since some people seem to be having panic attacks over this shit.

But tell me I'm an asshole. It cracks me up, especially with the whole tough guy comment about how "I'd know if you were mad". LMAO

Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #108
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Thanks Europe, you just had to all log in at the same time to cause the server crash in the US.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #109
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihil88torr View Post
No, you just get a host migration interruption every 3rd game, which will boot you out half the time and choose the worst possible host the other half.

And unlike the server issues with BF3, the lame-ass P2P connection for MW3 will never improve.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:43 AM   #110
TheGreasiestMic

thegreasiestmic's Gamercard
Just like Bad Company 2, cant wait til they this crap fixed, this game has serious potential, once you can access it regularly.
TheGreasiestMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:28 AM   #111
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Its been fine all Friday evening. If its working on Friday at 8pm eastern time, its working.

Tip: If you can't get into a server using quick match, do a search and look for a low population server and join that.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #112
Cee Reno

Quote:
Its been fine all Friday evening. If its working on Friday at 8pm eastern time, its working.

Tip: If you can't get into a server using quick match, do a search and look for a low population server and join that.
Listen to this man, given it's what I've been doing and I can safely say (for now) that the issues I fear would happen have been non-existent. Also 9/10 I've been able to get myself and my squad of 3 mates into the same team/squad when they join too.
Cee Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #113
Kskrumeda

TheOnlyKyrenS's Gamercard
Solution:
1. Get a Twitter
2. Follow @Battlefield
3. Know when they are doing server maintenance.
4.Quit bitching its the first week there is always problems
5. ?????
6. Profit.

There you have it. A foolproof solution. Now shut up. Nowhere does it say in the agreement that the servers are 24/7.
Kskrumeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #114
Kskrumeda

TheOnlyKyrenS's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihil88torr View Post
It will get a 10 (not a perfect 10 as it is as far as possible from perfect) because
almost every reviewer is a CoD dick rider. and they don't use servers. It's all P2P which uses up more bandwidth, more issues, and easier to hack the game. So have fun with that shit tier game. Me and other from this forum will be having fun flying gets and blowing up building.
Kskrumeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #115
PeriodPain

TwinMN's Gamercard
For the last two days I havent been able to play more than one round in a row without being kicked off and having to reconnect after. Plus I'd say about 30% of games I do get into disconnect in the middle of a round, losing all stats, unlocks, etc. It's been a week since the game came out, and still such a mess with servers. EA blows. I've played MP games (like Halo) for years and never encountered bad connection to this extent. But whenever its an EA game (like NHL 10, BFBC 2 or anything else), the servers suck dickhole
PeriodPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #116
Dukez

Voscillatez's Gamercard
My Xbox freezes when my friends invite me sometimes. WTF?! -___-
Dukez is offline   Reply With Quote